question for the admins (old and new)

Topics that haven't been viewed in the last 12 hours, or posted in, in the last 3 days, will be automatically and permanently deleted. This forum can not be searched or viewed by search engines. Posts in this forum do not count towards post counts. This forum is only on the index for byond verified users (but anybody can view the forum if given a direct link).
Forum rules
Topics that haven't been viewed in the last 12 hours, or posted in, in the last 3 days, will be automatically and permanently deleted. This forum can not be searched or viewed by search engines. Posts in this forum do not count towards post counts. This forum is only on the index for byond verified users (but anybody can view the forum if given a direct link).
Shadowflame909

Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

question for the admins (old and new)

Unread postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:52 am #468828

Is there any scenario where you'll undeadmin, because you were playing in the round, to deal with a major shitter.

Like George Melons tier shitter who's just murderboning everyone as a non antag

Like they've murdered all the antags, and all the non-antags. They don't discriminate and they're going for the Hijack

You're the only admin online, everyone else is sleep because europe times.

Would you? And if not, any scenario where you would?

Nervere
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: question for the admins (old and new)

Unread postby Nervere » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:58 am #468829

Admins aren’t allowed to deal with any situation via tickets in which they were ICly involved, because that sort of involvement creates bias. Even if I was involved in a very, very minor way, I wouldn’t take the ticket, because it’s still involvement and it still leads to bias.

That being said, admins who are playing during the round are allowed to stay adminned so long as they aren’t an important role, such as heads of staff, security, antagonists, and AI. It’s also good form to deadmin if you aren’t these roles, but have through some other means become an important figure in the round. An admin would be allowed to intervene in this scenario if they didn’t have any IC involvement with the rulebreaker, but just to be safe I would call on another admin anyway.

Ayy Lemoh

Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Unread postby Ayy Lemoh » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:05 am #468831

Nervere wrote:just to be safe I would call on another admin anyway.

Shadowflame909 wrote:You're the only admin online, everyone else is sleep because europe times.

Guess it's ban request time at that point

wubli
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Wubli

Unread postby wubli » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:19 am #468833

yes i readmin ban them and then make myself a nuke op with 69 tc
part time admin ♡ full time magical girl
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i'm here to try

CreationPro

Byond Username: Solar Marine

Unread postby CreationPro » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:28 am #468846

Don't think it ever came to this, from experience.
I was the eurotime admin, too, but there was always at least one other person I could get a hold of.

Plus, I usually didn't play if I noticed no one's keeping an eye on the round.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:

IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote:i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay

Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.

<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins

trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.

Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.

Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;

MortoSasye
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Unread postby MortoSasye » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:36 am #468848

I wouldn't even be playing prob like i tend to do while adminning to prevent a situation like this without me getting involved.
Bella Rouge here, and yes it is not Rogue, or Rose.
Please leave your feedback here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20661

obscolene

Byond Username: Obscolene

Unread postby obscolene » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:51 am #468849

If you're the only admin on, and you're deadminned, if you see someone rampaging through the halls killing everyone I think you would just assume they're an antag and not even think twice about it?? Pretty sure you don't receive ahelps while deadminned, so there wouldn't be really any way of telling until after you died and readminned.
sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)

[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

Nervere
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Unread postby Nervere » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:15 am #468851

What obscolene said is true, you don’t get ahelps while deadminned. The only difference in permissions for a deadminned admin and a normal player is that the admin has a button called Readmin to give their powers back.

I think a more likely scenario would be an admin playing a nonessential role while adminned. Lots of people check in with admins to see if their death was valid, in case it was just a random non-antag murderboner or something. In all likelihood, the person would be ahelped and caught pretty quickly, so it wouldn’t be a big deal. I purposefully avoid other players if I’m playing while adminned so if such a situation does arise I’ll be able to aghost out of my character and deal with the situation without the risk of bias.

bandit
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Bgobandit

Unread postby bandit » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:45 am #468857

I've done this but only for stuff like OOC in IC where it's impossible for anyone to be "involved" per se
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

bandit
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Bgobandit

Unread postby bandit » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:46 am #468858

also why is this in the hut
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

Shadowflame909

Unread postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:19 am #468867

rise up

Cobby
Github User

Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Unread postby Cobby » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:36 pm #468885

No if I deadminned on an adminless server i don’t want to admin at the time.

They probably did the round a favor anyways
purple man bad

Shadowflame909

Unread postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:02 pm #468898

Good point.

In such a scenario George Melons would have the server wrapped around his finger anyways

Xhuis
Github User

Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Unread postby Xhuis » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:27 pm #468937

no b/c i like murder
i made the original versions of clockcult, shadowling, clockcult again, revenants, his grace, power flow control consoles, and some other stuff i dont remember sorry
avatar was drawn by the wonderful Xhuis
Kraso wrote:hi gay

wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity

ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.

CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.

wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay

non-meme sig below
Spoiler:
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.

Ayy Lemoh

Unread postby Ayy Lemoh » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:03 pm #468941

Anyone who says "i wouldn't get into this situation at all" is a good lad however what if you were in this situation in the first place?
Is there any scenario where you'll undeadmin, because you were playing in the round, to deal with a major shitter.

What if there's another admin on, you play, he deadmins, then you get involved with said grief rampager? No other admins are online at all either.

The only move I can think of that won't have quite a few people go GET THAT MOTHERFUCKER AND TEAR HIS THROAT OUT would be to basically make a ban request however if you do that then you will be seen as a bad admin because of you letting the griefer grief. Maybe you'll be seen as one who is lawful however you won't be viewed as reliable if you have a crippling weakness of ahaha i disarm spammed the admin now i can erp whoever i want and whenever i want

imsxz

Byond Username: Imsxz

Unread postby imsxz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:15 pm #468942

for shit that i wasnt involved in id admin to deal with it if it annoyed me enough (i.e. a blatant OOC in IC meme announecment from captain).

if a nonantag was griefing really hard (assumed nonantag due to it being announced extended or whatever, doesnt really matter) , no admins respond to @everyone in adminbus, no sign of hope, with me somehow directly griefed by the guy, i think there could be an exception made. anything short of a worse case scenario is a danger zone. give a whiny rule lawyer an inch, and they'll drag you for a mile.

(just my opinion im not a headmin or an admin, ive never had to deal with a worst case scenario while i was an admin so i wouldnt know if it would be a reasonable edge case or not)

somerandomguy

Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Unread postby somerandomguy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 pm #468943

Ayy Lemoh wrote:Anyone who says "i wouldn't get into this situation at all" is a good lad however what if you were in this situation in the first place?

What if there's another admin on, you play, he deadmins, then you get involved with said grief rampager? No other admins are online at all either.

The only move I can think of that won't have quite a few people go GET THAT MOTHERFUCKER AND TEAR HIS THROAT OUT would be to basically make a ban request however if you do that then you will be seen as a bad admin because of you letting the griefer grief. Maybe you'll be seen as one who is lawful however you won't be viewed as reliable if you have a crippling weakness of ahaha i disarm spammed the admin now i can erp whoever i want and whenever i want

@supportmin need an admin on [server]

Ayy Lemoh

Unread postby Ayy Lemoh » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:29 pm #468947

somerandomguy wrote:@supportmin need an admin on [server]

You're the only admin online, everyone else is sleep because europe times.

ETA: 4:00:00 Hours. Hang on!

if you have a hard time imagining all the admins being offline at once then just imagine most of them are offline while some are online however they're unable to actually play the game currently.

Return to NTR Hut