on the topics of medbay and death

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Code Maintainers

Stillplant

Byond Username: Stillplant

Re: on the topics of medbay and death

Postby Stillplant » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:10 am #489714

cedarbridge wrote:
lutrin wrote:The main advantage of this would be that you don't need to have the wiki page open/memorized in order to do any surgery

Surgical computers exist for a reason.

The surgical computer says the next step is "splice nerves".

Which tool do you use?

Looking it up on the wiki is cheating.

skoglol
Github User

Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Postby skoglol » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:00 pm #489751

I skipped most of the thread, so someone might have mentioned these things already.

I'm all for making medbay a bit more complex, a bit more reliant on revival over cloning. Some changes to the current mechanics around using synthflesh/surgery to fix someone before defibbing would help with this, most notably its hard to do because you just dont have enough time after someone dies. You also need to use way too much synthflesh to fix damage for it to be very viable or even a good solution.

We should be extremely careful about making medbay visits take too long though. Playing CM, getting hit by something once and spending the next 30 minutes getting healed is absolutely no fun. It also changes the balance around a lot, which means some threats get way stronger/weaker as a result. What's a wizard/obvious solo antag to do if he can no longer heal fully with meds?

As a side note, medbay suffers from not having any engaging activities at the start of rounds. We really should do something about that, although I got no good ideas.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:38 pm #489780

Shaps has good ideas and i trust him cuz he is a medbay mainer

lutrin

Byond Username: Lutrin

Postby lutrin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:30 pm #489824

cedarbridge wrote:
lutrin wrote:The main advantage of this would be that you don't need to have the wiki page open/memorized in order to do any surgery

Surgical computers exist for a reason.

how many situations do you encounter where you have access to a surgical computer but not a full suite of surgical tools?

Previous

Return to Ideas