Creeps, "roleplay antags", and murderboning

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: Creeps, "roleplay antags", and murderboning

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:24 am #474821

Grazyn wrote:I never said that, i pointed out the contradiction of giving players an objective that is indistinguishable from a behaviour that goes against the rules, it literally calls it being creepy, but at the same time tells players they can't break the rules.

I've said that there will be more than one case of rule 8 being broken due to Creep. Hell, I think I saw a really minor case of it happen however everyone who saw it must've thought it was funny, including me. The thing is: I just never had or known the meme potential to make a YOU ARE THE RAPIST joke.

If you say it's fixed then that is good however I don't know how you really fix an antag that is supposed to RP as basically a rule 8 breaker or someone who does the most sexual action of all time - holding hands and without consent

fucking 51th post



User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Creeps, "roleplay antags", and murderboning

Postby Grazyn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:51 am #474831

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Grazyn wrote:I never said that, i pointed out the contradiction of giving players an objective that is indistinguishable from a behaviour that goes against the rules, it literally calls it being creepy, but at the same time tells players they can't break the rules.

If you say it's fixed then that is good however I don't know how you really fix an antag that is supposed to RP as basically a rule 8 breaker or someone who does the most sexual action of all time - holding hands and without consent

fucking 51th post

Because in a game of 2d sprites clicking each other it's not the action itself that matters, it's how the game describes it. Take changeling for example: its main mechanic is to stay on top of a prone body to penetrate it without consent, but it works because at no point the game implies something sexual is happening. Creep was the complete opposite, the objective itself was mild (stay close to someone) but everything in the fluff text implied sexual creepiness. It just needed a little rewrite and now it works.

User avatar
subject217
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: Creeps, "roleplay antags", and murderboning

Postby subject217 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 am #474883

Grazyn wrote:
As far as rules go, it's the same as if it said "You're the Rapist! Your objective is to rape 10 people. Rape is performed by grabbing aggressively and standing over their prone body. Remember, you're not allowed to break server rules though! Oh, and you can ignore everything and just murderbone" (the last part is funny because it's already in the server rules and no other antag fluff text spells it out like that)


grazyn, it's time to stop posting. you have created an embarrassment not only to this thread, but to /tg/ station.
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Creeps, "roleplay antags", and murderboning

Postby DemonFiren » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 am #474884

Grazyn wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Grazyn wrote:I never said that, i pointed out the contradiction of giving players an objective that is indistinguishable from a behaviour that goes against the rules, it literally calls it being creepy, but at the same time tells players they can't break the rules.

If you say it's fixed then that is good however I don't know how you really fix an antag that is supposed to RP as basically a rule 8 breaker or someone who does the most sexual action of all time - holding hands and without consent

fucking 51th post

Because in a game of 2d sprites clicking each other it's not the action itself that matters, it's how the game describes it. Take changeling for example: its main mechanic is to stay on top of a prone body to penetrate it without consent, but it works because at no point the game implies something sexual is happening. Creep was the complete opposite, the objective itself was mild (stay close to someone) but everything in the fluff text implied sexual creepiness. It just needed a little rewrite and now it works.

>implying sucking someone dry as changeling isn't somehow sexual
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Creeps, "roleplay antags", and murderboning

Postby Grazyn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:30 pm #474892

I used the rape example to get the point across because there are like 2 things antags aren't allowed to do, one is rape and the other is being sexually creepy.

I think you should all take a step back and look at the original PR before you lash out at me

/datum/brain_trauma/special/creep
name = "Erotomania"
desc = "Patient has a subtype of delusional disorder, becoming irrationally attached to someone."
scan_desc = "severe erotomaniac delusions"
gain_text = "If you see this message, make a github issue report. The trauma initialized wrong."
lose_text = "<span class='warning'>You no longer feel so attached.</span>"


Yep nothing to see here, no sexual undertones at all! No way this could lead to confusion over the rules.

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: Creeps, "roleplay antags", and murderboning

Postby IkeTG » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:35 pm #474976

Brutally honest here, if that led to a player being confused enough to run around ERPing despite it being very clearly against the rules, they were doomed from the start, creep or not.
NSFW:
Image
Spoiler:

User avatar
Cobby
Github User
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Creeps, "roleplay antags", and murderboning

Postby Cobby » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:07 am #475029

If this won't matter after the flufftext changes can we close this out
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
subject217
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: Creeps, "roleplay antags", and murderboning

Postby subject217 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:09 am #475030

IkeTG wrote:Brutally honest here, if that led to a player being confused enough to run around ERPing despite it being very clearly against the rules, they were doomed from the start, creep or not.

Nobody did this.
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: Creeps, "roleplay antags", and murderboning

Postby IkeTG » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:13 am #475032

subject217 wrote:Nobody did this.

I know, it was a response to Grazyn's hypothetical.
NSFW:
Image
Spoiler:

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Creeps, "roleplay antags", and murderboning

Postby Grazyn » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:18 am #475133

IkeTG wrote:Brutally honest here, if that led to a player being confused enough to run around ERPing despite it being very clearly against the rules, they were doomed from the start, creep or not.

Erping wasn't the issue here, being creepy was. Rule 4 covers sexual creepiness, which is what this antagonist was all about.

Also, I found it funny that all the following things were removed because of sexual undertones:
headpatting
slapping
wearing dog collars
catpeople
gender surgery
other random stuff I don't recall now that had nothing to do with ERP

But "you're the Erotomaniac!" can't even remotely be considered sexual

User avatar
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: Creeps, "roleplay antags", and murderboning

Postby ThanatosRa » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:49 am #475344

Sounds like someone was playing Yandere Simulator while designing it.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am
Strips-the-Flesh - Beleaguered and worn out lizard surgeon.
Chrysanthemum Thorne - Creepy robotics wench.
Diogenes Tate - Philosopher Assistant.

Previous

Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron