Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

RogueSteampunker

Byond Username: RogueSteampunker

Roguesteampunker

Postby RogueSteampunker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:01 am #477881

Alright, it's time I throw my hat in.

Why I'm even running in the first place

Quite simply, the last few rounds of headmins haven't sat well with most players in a sense of communication, and addressing issues. So I want to come forward, and try to change that this time around.

How I actually plan on doing this

Simply put, there's two big areas of issue that I've seen where the headmins, and admins in general, have fallen short in.

1. A great deal of strife and issues regarding policy discussion and ensuring that it's communicated clearly, both during the discussion of a policy ruling and making sure the final ruling is widely made known.
2. A lack of trust in admins and their rulings, and a belief that nothing is genuinely being done.

Now, alongside with communication from my fellow headmins, I'd like to address these main points to start with on my term, starting with the addition of a policy discussion channel on the discord, allowing voices outside of the forums to be heard, alongside being able to pin final revisions for easy logging. This, alongside with further collection and sorting of final rulings would allow for a far easier method of getting the full community's feedback and opinion, alongside making the decisions on such clear.

And as for the later issue, I would want to facilitate and ensure that players are informed when their reports or ahelps are answered, without giving out sensitive information. Making sure that admins are getting back to players and forming them of the basic outcome of their reports would go a long way to helping players feel as if they're being listened to, while also opening up further opportunities to safely remove walls of silence that have led to the meme of the admin force being an mysterious, unknowable den of corruption and bias.

There's a great deal more that can be done after these of course, but these are the first steps I'd like to take towards my further goals of helping to create a much healthier relation between players and admins, all while being able to do as much as I can as a headmin.

If you have any questions, concerns or comments on my application, do leave them below. I'd be more than happy to divulge further on my opinions and goals after my initial ideals are acted upon.

Catamus

Byond Username: Catamus

Re: Roguesteampunker

Postby Catamus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:23 am #477888

May I suggest that an addendum be established in the server rules expanding rights to transparency for players observing policy debates amongst admins, include greater representation or something of the sort?
Смърт На Камунизма

RogueSteampunker

Postby RogueSteampunker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:29 am #477891

Catamus wrote:May I suggest that an addendum be established in the server rules expanding rights to transparency for players observing policy debates amongst admins, include greater representation or something of the sort?

It could be looked into, yes. Once again, it's important to make sure that we don't suddenly become an adminteam of willing leaks, but trying to keep policy discussion more open and represented with players would be a noble goal, and I'd be more than willing to consider player points before a ruling regularly.

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Postby Arianya » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:34 am #477897

RogueSteampunker wrote:Simply put, there's two big areas of issue that I've seen where the headmins, and admins in general, have fallen short in.

1. A great deal of strife and issues regarding policy discussion and ensuring that it's communicated clearly, both during the discussion of a policy ruling and making sure the final ruling is widely made known.
2. A lack of trust in admins and their rulings, and a belief that nothing is genuinely being done.

Now, alongside with communication from my fellow headmins, I'd like to address these main points to start with on my term, starting with the addition of a policy discussion channel on the discord, allowing voices outside of the forums to be heard, alongside being able to pin final revisions for easy logging. This, alongside with further collection and sorting of final rulings would allow for a far easier method of getting the full community's feedback and opinion, alongside making the decisions on such clear.

Your suggestion regarding discord (specifically "pin final revisions for easy logging") sounds like you're dissatisfied with the method that these "final revsision"s are currently logged, on the wiki under headmin rulings (assuming a more general rules amendment isn't made). While the wiki page certainly has issues, I'm not sure how you plan to address these issues with the very limited pin list in discord (50 messages max can be pinned at any time), and it would seem to me like this would be dividing effort between maintaining such a log on Discord and on the wiki, where the latter is already somewhat neglected (and thats with volunteers helping!).

Also, given the chat nature of discord, how do you intend for you and the other two headmins to take in the opinions expressed in a #policy-discussion? In my mind, I can only see a channel that swaps topics a lot, and (if succesful) would end up with a lot of scrollback from people in different timezones talking.

To me, it would seem that would lead to a lot of opinions getting missed or the messages getting skimmed for general tone as opposed to specific points, neither of which I think are in the spirit what you want to achieve.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

RogueSteampunker

Postby RogueSteampunker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:42 am #477902

Arianya wrote:
RogueSteampunker wrote:Simply put, there's two big areas of issue that I've seen where the headmins, and admins in general, have fallen short in.

Your suggestion regarding discord (specifically "pin final revisions for easy logging") sounds like you're dissatisfied with the method that these "final revsision"s are currently logged, on the wiki under headmin rulings (assuming a more general rules amendment isn't made). While the wiki page certainly has issues, I'm not sure how you plan to address these issues with the very limited pin list in discord (50 messages max can be pinned at any time), and it would seem to me like this would be dividing effort between maintaining such a log on Discord and on the wiki, where the latter is already somewhat neglected (and thats with volunteers helping!).

Also, given the chat nature of discord, how do you intend for you and the other two headmins to take in the opinions expressed in a #policy-discussion? In my mind, I can only see a channel that swaps topics a lot, and (if succesful) would end up with a lot of scrollback from people in different timezones talking.

To me, it would seem that would lead to a lot of opinions getting missed or the messages getting skimmed for general tone as opposed to specific points, neither of which I think are in the spirit what you want to achieve.

I am aware that the wiki does log such rulings, and is a good resource for finding specific cases. However, I do feel as if having the most recent policy threads and their outcomes pinned and removed as the limit is reached would be helpful to bring further eyes towards an area where a good deal of players don't seem to be involved. I'm less displeased with the current logging, and more displeased with the lack of resources to be informed and involved outside of what we have right now.

And as for the opinions on discord, that would depend a good deal on my fellow headmins. Whereas my ideals are for the three of us to be regularly combing through and addressing strong points, at the very least I'd like there to exist an area where concentrated discussion on such subjects can exist on the discord without derailing discussions on the general chats.

In effect, I'm not trying to remove the efforts of the wiki contributors or the mass logs they have on it. I'm just trying to extend a branch to make it at the worst easier for people to be involved on the policy forums, and at the best another active branch that can be referenced in final headmin posts regarding them while also acting as a space for the most recent of decisions.

Nervere

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Postby Nervere » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:07 am #477922

This is statbus' list of your connections from the last 30 days. Not very active at all.

To give context to the image, the [Data Unavailable] portion, which is supposed to denote playtime, does not list any playtime for Rogue because it's recorded in 10 minute intervals. This means that, for each of the four connections this month, less than 10 minutes was spent on the server. We understand if you're busy as a GameAdmin, that's fine, but headmin is quite literally an everyday job and this level of activity won't work at all for the admin team.

RogueSteampunker

Postby RogueSteampunker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:17 am #477933

Nervere wrote:This is statbus' list of your connections from the last 30 days. Not very active at all.

To give context to the image, the [Data Unavailable] portion, which is supposed to denote playtime, does not list any playtime for Rogue because it's recorded in 10 minute intervals. This means that, for each of the four connections this month, less than 10 minutes was spent on the server. We understand if you're busy as a GameAdmin, that's fine, but headmin is quite literally an everyday job and this level of activity won't work at all for the admin team.

There is a difference between gameadin and headmin, yes. And while I haven't been active on the server as of recent, I have still been keeping myself up to date with the activities of the server and the discord. Quite simply, I'm more than prepared to step back up into the daily grind I took during the majority of my time as a gameadmin before now in order to do my duty with renewed goals and vigor.

bman
Github User

Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Postby bman » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:27 am #478106

only vote him if you want more of arianya, mortosasye, etc as a headmin
pryce bax.

obscolene

Byond Username: Obscolene

Postby obscolene » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:10 am #478126

is unironically an erping citadel-regular who also writes detailed erotic fanfiction of staticnamers. avoid at all costs
sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)

[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

Ayy Lemoh

Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:12 am #478127

obscolene wrote:is unironically an erping citadel-regular who also writes detailed erotic fanfiction of staticnamers. avoid at all costs

>staticnamers
and have you sent proof of this to said staticnames in case they didn't know?

Tlaltecuhtli

Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:18 pm #478274

proof of obscolene words: http://take.ms/n4O3VZ

Zarniwoop

Byond Username: Dagum

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:09 pm #480327

Did they flee these accusatioms or what happened? I don't really care whether someone ERPs in their own time and space. Dude seems to be taking it seriously enough and has ideas. Never heard of em though.

Return to Archived/Deleted