[DalekThePerson] - Administrator Application

Moderators: In-Game Admin, In-Game Head Admins, Game Server Operators, TGMC Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

DalekThePerson

Byond Username: DalekThePerson

[DalekThePerson] - Administrator Application

Postby DalekThePerson » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:27 am #480668

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: DalekThePerson

Character name(s): Camil Eerin and Oller Eerin

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

Discord tag: Dalek#2869

Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: No.

How familiar are you with our ruleset:

How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: I don't know the exact time but I have played SS13 for about a year now. Again, I don't know the amount but I think I have played TGMC for about 4 or 5 months ( going off of my mentor app ) not really sure.

Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: No.

Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: I have received a temp ban or two but no permanent bans. The temp bans were around when I first started playing.

Why do you want to become an administrator: I want to become an admin because I feel like I can help the server more instead of being a simple mentor. Also because LaKIller kept bothering me about it

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
Spoiler:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
Since they were already punished IC I would just warn them.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
Ask a mentor to guide them and uh mentor them.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
If one is available then ask them if they would like to assist with that. If not, then inform them and try to get them to calm down.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
Inform them that rules are not all the same on different servers and ask them to change it.

5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
Ask them why they have said equipment then ask them to return it if they don't need it such as if they were going down to the planet/station

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I would use the ARES/Queen mother announcement to try to encourage them and Spawn "reinforcements" if needed.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
Ask them to return the gear and give them a warning/note/whatevertheywerecalled.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
Warn them for breaking the escalation "rule" and aheal the victim unless already being treated.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
I would ask them to tone the comments down a bit.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
Ban them due to logging off after killing said several marines.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
Ask them why they were near the frontlines as a larva even though they bursted in a safe place. Then warn them.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
I would ask them to not use these as excessively since the server is MRP.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
I would let it slide since we do not have a rule against marines knowing about the existence of xenomorphs.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
Investigate it to be sure they the escalation "rule" was used properly. If not, then I would warn them / add a note thing.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
I would ask a player who is currently on the ship to place them into a cryo cell.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
I would inform them of the correct information and have them give said correct information.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
I would inform the head administrator or another lead who is available.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
I would ask them to not bash other servers. Warn them about rule 1 for bashing the other player.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
I would check the logs to see what happened before the Friendly fire happened to understand what happened. If it was more than just that then I would talk to the shooter about it and warn them. if not, accidents happen.

Any additional information you want to provide: No.

DalekThePerson

Re: [DalekThePerson] - Administrator Application

Postby DalekThePerson » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:19 pm #480870

LaKiller8 wrote:Hello, thank you for re-applying! Your answers are a little brief so I will ask you a few further questions.

DalekThePerson wrote:1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
Since they were already punished IC I would just warn them.

Would you document this in any way? Would you react differently if the player was aggressive/calm and understanding?

I would add a note on them. If they were more aggressive then I would add that to said note and try to not make it worse. If they were understanding and calm then I would still leave said note.

LaKiller8 wrote:
DalekThePerson wrote:4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
Inform them that rules are not all the same on different servers and ask them to change it.

Would you document this?

yes, with a note thing.

LaKiller8 wrote:
DalekThePerson wrote:5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
Ask them why they have said equipment then ask them to return it if they don't need it such as if they were going down to the planet/station

The player asks what rule he is breaking, what do you tell him?

I couldn't find an exact rule, but I would say it would be under the roleplay standards.

LaKiller8 wrote:
DalekThePerson wrote:7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
Ask them to return the gear and give them a warning/note/whatevertheywerecalled.

A different situation - two players are having a friendly disarm/punch fight in the bunks, a third one comes and ahelps complaining about that.

I would check with the two players to make sure it was, and inform the player that it is fine.

LaKiller8 wrote:
DalekThePerson wrote:12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
I would ask them to not use these as excessively since the server is MRP.

Would you document this in any way?

Yes, I would add a note to them explaining about the LRP type behavior.

LaKiller8 wrote:
DalekThePerson wrote:14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
Investigate it to be sure they the escalation "rule" was used properly. If not, then I would warn them / add a note thing.

What if the escalation wasn't followed to the letter but both parties enjoyed the roleplay experience? Would your answer change if only one party enjoyed it and the other ahelped?

If both players enjoyed it, then I would still add a note but include the fact that both were fine with it after investigation.

LaKiller8 wrote:
DalekThePerson wrote:15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
I would ask a player who is currently on the ship to place them into a cryo cell.

Would you document this in any way? What if the player already has a history of doing it?

I would add a note onto them and temp/perm job ban them depending on the amount of times( assuming that we have that. ) because of rule 7.

LaKiller8 wrote:And at last, imagine yourself in the following scenario: The CO has been performing to a pretty bare standard the entire operation. Unsurprisingly the xenos won the planetside battle. Now the marines are very angry and about to start a mutiny. You see three of them in front of CIC placing a C4 on the airlock. What do you do? The more in-detail you explain your thought process here the better.

I would try to get them to deal with it without killing anyone and inform them to ahelp it next time if they can't deal with it as I said.

DalekThePerson

Postby DalekThePerson » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:49 am #482156

LaKiller8 wrote:
DalekThePerson wrote:I couldn't find an exact rule, but I would say it would be under the roleplay standards.

Which rule would you point the player to then? You need to be able to justify your ruling.

I would say rule 5 due to the examples/exception. I could not find a good rule to use for this.

LaKiller8 wrote:
DalekThePerson wrote:If both players enjoyed it, then I would still add a note but include the fact that both were fine with it after investigation.

Would you add a note even though your deemed that there is no breach of the rules here?

No.

DalekThePerson

Postby DalekThePerson » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:22 am #482384

LaKiller8 wrote:
DalekThePerson wrote:I would say rule 5 due to the examples/exception. I could not find a good rule to use for this.

If you can't sufficiently justify your ruling, would you still bwoink and note the player?

I'd let another administrator handle it then, since I cannot find a good way to justify it.

Return to TGMC Closed Applications