Infection Gamemode Progress (blob reworked into gamemode)

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Infection Gamemode Progress (blob reworked into gamemode)

Post by Whoneedspacee » #486374

Outdated contents, watch the video for up to date information

I've showed this to some people and they seemed to enjoy the idea of it, so here is a VERY not finished version of what I plan to be blob as a gamemode essentially.

[youtube]s1a1o8RxLpw[/youtube]

The plan of this is essentially blob + war ops, I'll break down a regular game in this gamemode as I imagine it to be currently.

1 minute : Crew is warned infection is arriving.

1-10 minutes : Prep time, move machines to the escape shuttle, set up defenses around the beacons, gather weaponry, chems, etc, general ss13 preperation stuff.

10+ minutes : Fight off the infection core, defending the beacons, gather a legendary weapon and defeat the core or lose all the beacons and have everything be consumed.

The infection will have a few unique things to it that blob doesn't really have.

Features / Planned Features

Everything can be upgraded : Pretty much think like shields upgrading into reflector shields, resources make more resources, nodes expand faster, turrets shoot more frequently and get other effects. I plan on there being more unique upgrades and paths as you can see by the menu looking quite empty, but it's all very WIP.

The core is nearly unkillable : Bombs won't work, Tears in reality wont work, singularities wont work. This is the price of a gamemode where the antagonist is stationary and comes in guns ablazing like war ops, it needs to be on the level of nar-sie or rat-var to not be instantly fucked. However it can be damaged by special weapons, gathered from bosses the infection sends out occasionally.

Bosses : The only infectious beings that can cross the beacons, entirely simplemob AI quite like megafauna. These drop special artifacts that can be researched in science to craft one and only one legendary weapon.

Legendary Weapons : Pretty much the only things that can possibly damage the infection core. They're fairly powerful, cannot be consumed by the infection unlike normal weapons and are difficult to destroy. Generally have special effects that make them useful to fight the infection, such as dealing multiplied damage to structures, giving you human-blob hybrid powers, or proccing effects on infection mobs.

Sentient Spores : Basically the infections version of blobbernauts, except much more dangerous. They gain every upgrade point the infection commander gets, and can use these to evolve themselves in unique skill trees to get abilities, stat upgrades, and the like. They never die as long as the core is alive, but simply respawn at the core after a time. These are a main force of the infection and a fairly big pain to deal with.

Beacons : Generate barriers behind them that the infection is unable to cross, the infection can only destroy these by expanding on them to deal damage to them. Generally requires a large takeover of the position due to the probable defenses there, or some good flanking tactics. Once they are destroyed the barriers they generate are destroyed, as well as causing a large explosion around them destroying any infection unlucky enough to be nearby. When these are destroyed they grant the infection commander upgrade points.

Upgrade Points : Used to upgrade the max level of a structure type. All structure types start at level 1 currently, and you must spend these points to be able to upgrade them further. IE if you spend one on turrets, then you can spend actual points to upgrade the turrets in the game to level 2.

Cant Escape: This is probably obvious since you already can't do this with blob, but I'll put it here.

It's a pretty complicated gamemode and a lot of it is work in progress but I like hearing peoples ideas and someone told me to put it up here, so here it is.

My intentions with this is a gamemode that unites the crew against a common foe, unlike most gamemodes this gamemode is only meant to be present when there are no other antagonists. It is a full on team based gamemode. Unlike war ops also, there is a stationary enemy. Nobody is going to stealth ops the nuke disk and end the round in 10 minutes without you knowing. The infection has to take down all of the beacons across the entire map to win the game.

It's definitely a new type of thing in many ways, so I'm not really sure if it's going to work, but I do like these types of games and they are very fun.
Last edited by Whoneedspacee on Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:43 am, edited 10 times in total.
retired ss13 coderman
Vile Beggar
Byond Username: Vile Beggar

Re: Infection Gamemode Progress (blob reworked into gamemode)

Post by Vile Beggar » #486378

now this... this is pretty epic
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImage
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #486386

Make it so that Kevinz's meme gun doesnt work on it either.

That's been the replacement X-ray to instantly cheese the Blob.

What's it called? Is it the BSA?
► Show Spoiler
Vile Beggar
Byond Username: Vile Beggar

Post by Vile Beggar » #486387

Shadowflame909 wrote:Make it so that Kevinz's meme gun doesnt work on it either.

That's been the replacement X-ray to instantly cheese the Blob.

What's it called? Is it the BSA?
beam marksman rifle/particle accelerator rifle
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImage
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #486388

Not sure if I made this clear enough but the infection core literally does not take damage aside from legendary weapons. It is impossible.

Also all those structures you see in the video around the core are naturally regenerating (walls and turrets). The walls are basically shield + reflector + integrity and the turrets are 3 burst radition and disorienting shots that deal 20 brute each and have 9 tile range.

Nothing is going to bumrush the infection core to kill it instantly unless its some oversight with an instant erasure thing. Weapons just cannot do it.

The beams will still be effective against normal stuff away from the core probably but to be honest a big part of this gamemode is in sabotaging the infections inner territory by walking through it. The infection expands and builds structures so fast I’m not sure the beam will be a super effective weapon. Especially since the infection plays a more offensive role in flanking and taking on multiple positions to get the beacons destroyed.

Keep in mind unlike blob, the infection is designed to literally cover the entire station, no overlay, literal structures all over the map and entire departments consumed. When the game is ending in station loss the entire map should be practically gone.

We’ll see how it all works out though.
retired ss13 coderman
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #486424

Interesting idea. How fast will it win if the crew isn't putting up much of a fight? Fairly often vs blob you only end up with 5 or 6 people fighting the blob due to not caring, people not having space suits and it's opened a window, etc. Sometimes blob can take like a half hour to slowly win and it's really boring.

could be a really good mode though. Any idea when it will be done enough to play test?
--Crocodillo

Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #486431

With only 5 or 6 people, they’d have to be pretty well equipped. This gamemode is meant for at least 20 people fighting the infection. For 5 or 6 they might be able to hold off until the first boss, beat it, and try to suicide rush the core maybe. It’d be pretty difficult and after the 20 minute prep time I say they could maybe survive for 15 minutes at best. This is assuming the best equipment and no deaths with a good ability to fight the bosses.

Keep in mind this is not a small area like blob which can get crowded. This is a large as hell area and space attacks are much more effective unlike blob since you can move through the infection. It’s meant to be a strategical game and one person at the right place with the right tools can do lots of damage to the infections army.

But yes you’re right, I’ve not planned for what happens if most of the crew fucks off. It might be impossible.

There are 20 minutes of prep unlike blob though, so I assume there could be some meta to involve a greater amount of crew, cargo buying space suits maybe or some space survival virus, I really have no idea. Also the infection blocks atmos unlike blob, this makes flamethrowers still effective as piercing ranged weapons since projectiles from guns and such are blocked, but makes them at least not completely broken by spreading fire everywhere, also doesn’t fuck over your teammates which is nice. The atmos block is mostly for lag reasons though, the entire station leaking air is kind of cancerous.
retired ss13 coderman
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #486519

interesting idea, would standard blob remain?
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #486568

Yes this is an entirely seperate antagonist that pretty much only spawns as a gamemode (or only should at least).

The sprites really should be different but...

1. I can’t sprite nor can I pay anyone to.

2. The gamemode isn’t even close to being playable properly.

3. It should be similar to blob because they do have lore connection.
retired ss13 coderman
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #486595

I don't like the idea of even more gamemodes that rely on shit you cannot find on-station
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #486611

I don’t know of any gamemodes that rely on shit off-station. I don’t think this gamemode needs anything from off-station. Mind elaborating?
retired ss13 coderman
4dplanner
Byond Username: 4DPlanner
Github Username: 4dplanner

Post by 4dplanner » #486637

Technically you can't find a replacement nuke screwdriver on station as far as I'm aware.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #486737

prep timers are bad make it so that at the start you can fight and then it turns into an arm race
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #486783

I fucking hate roundtypes that drag EVERYONE into a giant fight to stop a antag from winning but at the same time this looks like a kinda neat idea.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #486805

I also hate waiting for prep time but I thought it was necessary. Maybe 5 minutes of prep time and some resources given to the station with a slower evolving infection could make that possible.

I thought that might be an issue with some people not wanting to join, but yeah there’s no real other way to do a gamemode like this. If you have any suggestions on how to make it less painful I’m definitely up for coding them since this gamemode is teamwork based and I’m very much trying to prioritize fun for everyone.

Less prep time could be neat though. I’d be interested to see what kind of ghetto fighting goes on and it might emphasize the evolution of the infection.
retired ss13 coderman
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #486837

Not a fan of war modes. Usually the result is one omega powergamer tier player doing all the work and generally being unstoppable, regardless of side (mining mains and imscz come to mind)

The vast majority of war rounds I see are a clean sweep for one side and pretty anticlimactic.

Also don't like the idea of PvE in a game mode, people will have the meta strat down on the simplemob bosses within a week. Literally the same exact reason miner mains are overpowered, they will just practise again the mob AI until it's no effort.
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #486846

This gamemode absolutely requires multiple people. The amount of shit that is here and can kill you as well as the core basically having 6 respawning and continually upgrading, controlled by people xenos makes it unlikely anyone could solo it.

This gamemode is designed to be more about capturing objectives in a strategical battle rather than instantly attenpting to storm the core.

I doubt it would clean sweep so easily due to deaths not being as affecting on either side. The station prep time gives time for cloning, and the beacons ensure the infection cannot just rush the players. The players cannot rush the infection due to not having legendary weapons and the cores natural defenses being so strong as well as having 6 respawning defenders.

The bosses are more of an addition as opposed to the entire gamemode. They are required to be beaten to win but they are nothing like megafauna. Like every boss yes they will become abused as hell, which makes me think I should just upgrade a player into controlling one but I’m not sure how strong that would be.

They’re unlike megafauna in their ability to dash around and be affected by things megafauna normally aren’t like banana peels for example. They’re more just like very strong people that have been possessed by the infection.

There definitely could be problems with PvE bosses though so who knows, but on-station bosses are definitely different than lavaland ones. If you have any alternative suggestions I’m open to them, pretty much just need a way to get the legendary weapons into the game.
retired ss13 coderman
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #486866

Whoneedspacee wrote:If you have any alternative suggestions I’m open to them, pretty much just need a way to get the legendary weapons into the game.
Spoiler:
i think that this gamemode should only be possible with 40+ people and i also got some great ideas .when a boss dies, there should be this overlay that appears near the bottom of the screen that shows an icon of the loot, a bar that indicates a timer, and 3 buttons that are need, greed, and cancel. only one item should drop at a time as well so everyone has to share. let's talk about the items next.

Once we do that, we should replace your legendary name idea with epics. All epics will now have purple text whenever you see them, hold them, or use them. this will help people know that it is an epic weapon and not just john's shitty fucking rare backscratcher since no one wants blue items for this. These items should also use job restrictions such as requiring you to be assistant to use it or security to use it or AI to use it. One of the job restrictions should also be Nuclear Operative which is not a job our faction can choose yet the developers, us, thought it would be a pretty fucking funny idea for it to drop anyways. If you still want to add legendary weapons then make a quest item drop which will allow you to get the legendary weapon but you gotta get some pretty expensive materials first and may have to travel across the map aka station.

one more thing: we need to theorize specific job setups for this blob raid otherwise we may wipe and no one wants to do a raid for 2+ hours when the reward is just T1 loot AKA i swear to fucking god if i see even one of you dumbasses go as medical doctor and not be healer then im going to fucking kick you from the guild so god damn fast you're going to regret ever being born you dumb piece of shit
Alright, real talk time.

What is the minimum amount of players needed? If you say "it absolutely requires a few people" then it better be really fucking high and not 1-50 players. This is because there may be a lot of people at first, but I have a feeling, just like blob, that basically 6 people will actually bother fighting the infection because the rest expect others to do the work or they just fucking hate the antag.

Also if you want to take one idea from that shitpost then color-coding the items would probably be neat unless your sprites are really good so that people know it is a legendary and not just my fucking backscratcher
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #486868

The idea was 50+ but 40+ would probably be fine. I might just scale the amount of defenders the infection recieves based on the amount of starting players and make it for almost all population levels.

Yes I would like for the legendary weapons to look cool and have unique things about them.
retired ss13 coderman
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #486869

Whoneedspacee wrote:Yes I would like for the legendary weapons to look cool and have unique things about them.
Yeah, I imagine anyone doing something like legendary weapons would want that but I mean really good. So good that I will know it's a legendary and not just some weird fucking nullrod item that the chaplain lost like the spellblade or chainsword.
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #486871

>unique things

I don't want them to be like anything else in some ways pretty much. Yes they will have unique identifiers.

One thing I really want to emphasize in this gamemode is the ambience of the infection. I kind of tried to do that with the lighting and I think it does make it look pretty neat, but it needs to feel more terrifying. If anyone's got any ideas for that I'm all for it, even if it isn't something you've seen in ss13 before.

I'm trying to accomplish many things for this gamemode that other gamemodes haven't come close to, so honestly feel free to recommend anything as long as it's cool and makes the game more fun / interesting.

You making a shitty world of warcraft joke yes did actually make me think about things to help out specific roles of people playing in infection. If this gamemode is built on ripping tons of shit out from other games and sticking it together then that's great.
retired ss13 coderman
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #486874

Whoneedspacee wrote:honestly feel free to recommend anything as long as it's cool and makes the game more fun / interesting.
Suggestion 1: Sound effects. Here's an example of something that I absolutely love from a fallout NV mod although I don't think playing music would fit the infection at all since it isn't chasing you. Just have it do some cool sound effects and shit.
Spoiler:
[youtube]1MAvU5vfQpA[/youtube]
Suggestion 2: The infection is a blob with spores and shit. Make people cough around the infection. They will realize that it means nothing at some point however it will add flavor and may trick people into thinking there is a disease.

Suggestion 3: Touch up the sprites you'll need for the infection. Make it seem like a more grimdark or scary version of the blob. I think touching the blob core sprite at most would be a good idea.

Suggestion 4: make it release miasma if you're really stretching for ideas however only make it be a small amount so it isn't miasma city.

edit suggestion 5: make the disabler do something against the infection in some sort of way, like attacking the blob spores, so it isn't the most useless fucking thing on the station.

edit: also that world of warcraft joke was not shitty how dare you. when we're getting T2 loot, you'll be stuck on the same blob raid.
4dplanner

Post by 4dplanner » #486985

I believe releasing miasma would cause too much atmos lag for just that bit of flavour.
4dplanner

Post by 4dplanner » #486987

As to the gamemode:

Do you not think that having the core always spawn at arrivals might make this mode dangerously map dependant? If I make a map with science near to arrivals, the balance would be totally thrown off.

How will you prevent snowballing? You've made sure it can't be summarily killed early game, but what's to stop you keeping it suppressed so it's still weak when the bosses come around? If suppressing doesn't do very much you don't get the feeling of a back and forth where every moment matters (because it doesn't, only the lategame does), but if it is effective you could end up with a mode where victory is decided early on and the infection is just waiting to lose.
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #487002

As for the map dependency, it’s actually always opposite of escape, escape is meant to be the final stand location and its also where you get reinforcements from NT occasionally. Also if you have 4 minutes of prep just move the fucking sci machines it’s not that hard.

I’m not sure how to respond to your second question. You’re asking me about balance in a game that isn’t even close to being finished and I’m not sure what answer you really want out of me.

I guess I’ll try. The infection should always have destructive potential. The cores natural defenses as well as the 6 respawning defenders pretty much ensure it will always be a threat. I also plan for the infection to get rewards for consuming humans, so throwing bodies at it probably isn’t a good idea.

Especially since the game starts at 5 minutes now the way I see the game going is the infection on the offensive building stuff until the station gets enough stuff like ores and whatnot.
retired ss13 coderman
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #487023

Pubby and Donut have shared / adjacent docking ports, actually. I would assume (?) that the infection would start at dorms/cargo and .... I guess Atmos? on each map respectively.
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #487025

Not every map is meant to be played out the same way which I think is pretty neat. I've only setup the boxstation map stuff yet in the code but yes my idea is that is literally always directly opposite from escape and there's at least 1 beacon right near it which should be the last one before you lose due to all beacons being gone.
retired ss13 coderman
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #487031

How would latejoins work on maps where arrivals is in one of the first areas to get infested?
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #487045

Latejoins will be reinforcements from Nanotrasen and will be equipped on entering. The station will also be given quite similar resources at the start so nothing to really abuse there.

Of course an alternative is I just flip it around and arrivals is the final defense point, and there are no reinforcements from Nanotrasen. That's really up to you guys though, let me know which you prefer. One is obviously easier to do than the other.
retired ss13 coderman
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #487739

thog think it silly to make gamemode turned into round event back into gamemode
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #487800

me want know why thog think that make game bad
retired ss13 coderman
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #487974

Blob is kind of a one dimensional game mode. It's crew versus tower defense and the number of ways to fight the blob effectively is extremely limited, and almost always comes down to "the crew researched the i win gun" or "they didn't and the blob overran them"

How do you plan to make this any different?
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #488012

Good that you asked this question.

A big change in this gamemode, is the rate of expansion of the blob being much greater, having actual points to defend, and being able to move through the infection, as well as the prep time.

Chemistry could help in speeding up people moving through the infection, making bombs to deal with things, fire based grenades, healing chemicals. Mechs are not affected by the speed loss so that could be an important thing to use as well.

Botany can help by equipping more people with weapons, bombs are mostly effective in massive amounts due to the blob commonly eating them, so massive amounts of cherry bombs could be useful, especially now that they can be thrown into the middle of the infection, and the infection blocks atmospherics so it won't hinder other crewmates if space turf is created. Some bosses and creatures funnily enough will also be slipped by bananas, soap, etc, so I'm interested to see how that works.

Space crews are important. Due to the massive area the infection takes up, it could be useful to enter the infection through the backside and make raids on possible resource nodes and other things. Most people had to be space equipped in old blob but this is mostly not the case in infection due to infection structures not exchanging gas and having a regulated amount (to avoid lag to be perfectly honest). So space crews will be more used for things like that.

Emitters are not necessarily useless, but not also useful, the rate of expansion makes them less effective than entering the blob due to the infection they destroy being quickly replenished, as well as reflective blobs being even more common than before. They are useful for quelling the expansion, but not as overpowered as they once were. This is pretty much the same for all guns since the infection blocks them, they serve a different purpose than storming the infection head on.

Melee is obviously a lot better combat than it was before due to all these factors. Being able to go into the infection and attack nodes without having to destroy all the other blob stuff is very strong, so that's why there are a lot of defenses like upgraded shields and turrets.

You also have to worry about the infection mobs going around. They're people and they can select many different trees of upgrades. You have to worry about what kind of resistances to things they have and fight them efficiently. You can't just storm them with brute weapons every time or burn weapons every time and expect to win. Hell you may have to just run as they're a walking hulk that dishes out barely any damage, but it stacks up, especially if you can't run in the infection turf due to the slowdown.

ERT going in and rescuing people is a lot more feasible now since they won't be instantly blocked by blobs spawning over a person, and odysseus will be a lot stronger as well, being able to move unhindered in the infection and heal and rescue people.

If you didn't already know this as well, manual blob expansion is removed and it is handled entirely by the nodes and the core, so you can do a lot more to protect the beacons instead of them being instantly taken down.

Overall strategically I think there's many things that need to be handled rather than just getting a bunch of strong guns and shooting real hard. I'm trying to make this intentional by design for the exact reason you listed, it's boring if you can just do one thing to win, or if your part as a crewmember is worthless. If you have any recommendations for something that should be useful against the infection let me know.

Obviously I can't predict every strategy the crew will use, which is why things like infection spores respawning, evolving into different things, and the infection core being immune to everything except legendary weapons are things. It's to make methods that are strong work, but not just instantly end the round becoming the most boring thing ever. The infection should have some chance to fight back against 30 maxcaps, you know?
retired ss13 coderman
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #488108

I'm considering removing the requirement of the destructive analyzer and all of that to get legendary weapons, and instead just have it be dropped from the boss when it dies as an actual artifact. I will probably still include infection fighting equipment in the research things, but I don't want it to be required to actually kill the infection since legendary weapons are the only thing that can do it.

It might feel unfair if you didn't have access and all of the research stuff was destroyed, and now you basically can't win in any concievable way. Also it's much easier to just have it drop from the boss, and has the added effect that I can make the lore for the item more flavorful.

Let me know what you think of legendary weapons in general to be honest, they could be really cool or really stupid. If you have any ideas for some legendary weapons as well let me know.
retired ss13 coderman
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #488811

Will there be different infection types like blob colors? Will the infection be able to change them at will? If the turrets always shoot bullet damage, then people can just gear up on bulletproof vests and walk through defenses much easier. I see you noted that mobs can change up how they play but the infection itself shouldn't always be doing the same damage types every time.
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #489268

[youtube]VxsfCYBCt6g[/youtube]

Pretty big changes. I saw how you wanted to see specifically how the infection itself could adapt so this was kind of a glimpse into that.

As said in the video I removed the need for upgrade points to increase the max upgrade of structures, instead they'll probably be used for things the infection can do like gaining more points passively or being able to summon more guys or use special abilities.

As a consequence most of the upgrades are going to cost way more though, so that's a pretty important part of the gameplay, though the infection can still practically create lots of defenses.

If you did think shields no longer have upgrade UI then you'd be right, I'm going to probably replace them entirely with hud for their upgrade paths and keep them basic since they're just such a pain in the ass to upgrade repeatedly.

No other upgrades are currently done, only the homing turrets are done, so if you have suggestions for anything I'm very willing to put them in (nodes, resource nodes, shields, factories, new building ideas?)

As for blob colors, probably not since I want the infection to be recognizeable for being its own thing. I'm considering adding something like thorny shields that reactively hit people next to them though, so it's pretty much the same concept just the infection can kind of do them all at the same time.

Anyways hope this looks at least a bit impressive as a start, I thought it looked quite interesting and was wondering how it would play out in games.
retired ss13 coderman
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #493128

[youtube]xuZ22Ujl-vY[/youtube]

Some more new stuff. A lot of the actual gameplay stuff is done as far as coding goes, now it's mostly going to be polish (sound effects for certain actions and happenings, more towers, more upgrades, etc)

(also need to replace lots of bad sound effects and stuff lol)

Very happy with what I've gotten done so far.

Also you should notice I have decided that bosses will be player controlled. Bosses won't be able to stack up because all the event mobs will automatically die when the next event is spawned. Event wave bosses also have minions, for instance the space dragon has random magicarp that spawn with him if there are other spores alive.

Feel free to recommend or give boss ideas, sounds, sprites, upgrades, etc. I'm open to everything at this point.
retired ss13 coderman
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #493267

This thread is mostly pointless now that it’s up on the github. Thanks everyone for the feedback here.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... -491556521
retired ss13 coderman
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #493346

github is not where people should put feedback that is balance or detail oriented., it should go here.

github should be for code review.
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #493349

whoops my bad, always figured it was more convenient, nevermind then.

[youtube]9EDgo07XAGw[/youtube]
retired ss13 coderman
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #497307

[youtube]s1a1o8RxLpw[/youtube]

Sprite reworks in the middle, a few more mechanics added and lots of bug fixes. It's overall still not very close to done but at least looking a bit more complete now I think and moving towards a proper theme.

Edit: Honestly this threads discussion is so dead that I don't feel like updating the severely outdated post content, so just watch the videos if you want to give feedback.
retired ss13 coderman