[ADMIN] <MiniMeatwad>

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

minimeatwad
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: MiniMeatwad

[ADMIN] <MiniMeatwad>

Postby minimeatwad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:14 am #512294

Current ckey and any previous ckeys:
MiniMeatwad

Character name(s):
"Huffie Bradford", "Guardian".

Timezone:
EST, but I don't obey my circadian rhythm, so I end up being awake during all sorts of times.

Discord tag:
Mini_Meatwad#2595

Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner:
Currently BeeStation Council member. /TG/ code rebase of CM by Carbonhell, as an Administrator. It was started around 2016, and cancelled some time later.

How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general:
TGMC since it was publicly announced. /TG/ since 2016. Hippiestation since 2015. /VG/ since 2016. CM since 2015.

Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason:
No.

Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason:
/TG/ for using ghost information to find out that it's nuke ops and to act on it. Also for excessive greytiding. Both appealed. I remember details of nothing else, except that there were other permanent bans.

Why do you believe that you would make a good admin?
I'm not that good. I'm just experienced in pressing buttons. I talk to or with people, and uphold a system. Also fluent in variables.

What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on?
I could make an effort to be more helpful towards other players.

What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined?
Based on intent: It's much worse to do something bad when it's malicious. Ignorance can be forgiven, and mistakes happen.

What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events?
Optimally everyone should be having fun, and an event should respect the will of the players. Don't really want to run events unless the round is getting stale and boring.

What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable?
Being able to help out the community and learn to be better. I may still wish to play on the server to continue to understand and enjoy the community and server, and so as to not drift from either.

No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough?
When I am inevitably non-willingly forcefully retired. I may stop adminning or playing for a few months, and come back for a few months afterwards.

Spoiler:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
Revive the other player and tell them to not do that. Ban them starting at 3 days if this is a repeat offense within the last month. Otherwise, note them.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
If I am available I will help them get started out and teach them how to play the game, and if necessary, how to learn to play the game.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
If this is about a ruling I've made, they will not be elevated to a higher ranking staff member and may be redirected to the forums. Otherwise if it's about something that genuinely needs a higher ranking staff member, I will request a higher ranking staff member.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
Different server, different rules. They will be told to change their name to something more suitable, and their current round's name may be changed to something they want.

5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
This is allowed.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
Tell the xenomorph team to advance on the marines and use their dropship to attack using the Queen Mother announcement.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
Tell them to stop doing that, and to return the gear. Otherwise the gear may be forcefully returned and the instigator may receive a ban starting at a 1 day ban if they are a repeat offender, otherwise they will be noted.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
Tell him that this is over-escalation and that he shouldn't kill his own teammates for insignificant or no reason. The dead marine may be revived and the instigator noted. If repeat offense, a 1 day ban.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
Tell them to stop. This is a violation of rule one and they will be noted. If repeat offender, ban starting at 3 days.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
Permanent server ban: No intent to roleplay. Affected players will be ahealed.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
Warn them to not suicide as a larva, and if they don't want to play to instead ghost in a safe place to give up their role to someone else, and note them for it. If they are a repeat offender they may be role banned from xenomorph starting at 3 days.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
This is allowed because of the nature of the hivemind chat.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
This is allowed, your character may know whatever you know.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
If the affected party does not consent, tell the instigator to ask for consent in LOOC before killing someone else and note them for it. If it wasn't adminhelped, this is assumed as them having consented to what has just happened to them.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
Role ban him from limited roles starting at 3 days, and offer him to ghosts. If he tries to appeal, he should've just went into cryo or adminhelped that he had to go instead of just leaving.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
Voice my opinion in admin say. This could be a case of subjective opinion on right or wrong, or something mechanically wrong.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
Tell him that what he is doing is not allowed, and notify a superior about his behavior. Administrators are to be held up to a higher standard than players.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
Tell them to knock it off. We don't support disrespect of other players or servers on our server and this is in direct violation of rule 1. He gets noted for it, and server banned starting at 3 days if a repeat offender.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
Check it if it's malicious or not. The instigator is told to be more careful next time to avoid killing his own teammates, and is given a note.

Also obligatory link for people who think admins are omniscient

grinkgo
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Grinkgo

Re: [ADMIN] <MiniMeatwad>

Postby grinkgo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:51 pm #513306

Hello, and thank you for applying!

minimeatwad wrote:15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
Role ban him from limited roles starting at 3 days, and offer him to ghosts. If he tries to appeal, he should've just went into cryo or adminhelped that he had to go instead of just leaving.

Would you leave a note here? What if the player makes an appeal saying his power went out?

minimeatwad
TGMC Administrator

Postby minimeatwad » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:31 pm #513317

If he leaves in a limited position, and later comes up with a valid explanation like his power going out, he'll be immediately unbanned with the automatically generated note from the ban being edited to include that he was unbanned and the reason why. The ban has no reason to exist beyond preventing him from just randomly leaving in a limited role over and over, since he can't be talked to if he leaves.

I intended to add that previously, but while I was in the middle of making the application it spontaneously lost 2 hours of work so I ended up remembering stuff being there that wasn't.

minimeatwad
TGMC Administrator

Postby minimeatwad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:06 am #514026

LaKiller8 wrote:Wouldn't there be someone more fitting to help first here?

Mentors ideally. Though I don't mind teaching people how to play the game myself if the current round is a quiet one and no tickets are flooding in.
LaKiller8 wrote:Are you sure about that?

The hivemind chat is said to be telepathic, saying stuff there is more like thinking. Also I adminhelped someone doing that a while ago, and they said it was fine. If false, then I support not allowing people to go and say "Ayyylmao" in hivemind chat. It doesn't fit the theme of the server.
LaKiller8 wrote:Some of the best moments I've had in this game were all sudden surprises without any planning involved. And considering that we're not an ERP server where asking for consent would be something that matters, I find it a bit strange to require it here as it may break the pacing.

Looks terrible, must've thought I needed to answer it differently. I swear if I actually went and told them to do that too. The shit I come up with when sleep deprived.

I meant to say that If someone doesn't care that they got killed by someone else, even if technically against the rules, the rules shouldn't be enforced.
If you don't adminhelp when the rules are being broken, and you get taken out of the round because of it; It's their fault for not adminhelping it.

This isn't a logical response to the question asked though, and I answered with something completely irregardless of the question.

It's an IC issue since the hypersleep pod doesn't do anything except take you out of the round, and if you get launched on the hypersleep pod to escape, you probably weren't going to be staying in your character much longer anyways. If you get killed on the pod and it launched, you pretty much signed up for it. At least from what I remember, since I rarely use the hypersleep pods.
LaKiller8 wrote:Regarding the rest of your answers, they feel a little bit short and systematic, so I'll have a few additional questions.

Some of it is indeed systematic, but to that I owe credit to having a system in the first place. Obeying a system requires you to be systematic. Most of the responses are what I believe to be an appropriate response for this application.

1) What have you learned from your previous applications?
I should have put more effort into them, so I spent 3 hours on this application. Since the majority of it got deleted 2/3 through I tried to recall some of what I did and put what I vaguely recalled back in here because I didn't feel like making two entirely different applications. I also instead answered with what I believe is correct instead of what I think should get the application accepted.
2) What in your opinion is the best and worst thing about beestation currently?
I want to remain impartial here. That being said, this is a bizarre question to me, since I don't have any strong opinions towards or against beestation.

psykzz
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Psykzz
Github Username: psykzz

Postby psykzz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:39 pm #514541

In some of your other posts you mention that you are a mentor/admin for other communities. Hippie and Barotrauma were both mentioned.
You noted that you don't really engage with the community on Hippie. Are you still a mentor there, if not why not, but if so, how are you finding that?

minimeatwad
TGMC Administrator

Postby minimeatwad » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:09 pm #514580

psykzz wrote:In some of your other posts you mention that you are a mentor/admin for other communities. Hippie and Barotrauma were both mentioned.
You noted that you don't really engage with the community on Hippie. Are you still a mentor there, if not why not, but if so, how are you finding that?

I'm a mentor for hippie station, though as it stands right now I don't play there much anymore, last time was a few weeks ago, and most of the time the other mentors and wiki editors are just mentioning all mentors every couple of hours for a shitpost even after I asked multiple times for them to stop, so I can't really say that I like the environment there.

The barotrauma 24/7 public server is where I am a forum and discord moderator for. Would you have guessed it? I moderate their discord and forums. It's ran by Landon#2593, his discord username.

psykzz
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Psykzz
Github Username: psykzz

Postby psykzz » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:30 pm #514734

Other than the shitposting, is there anything that made you stop being a mentor within those communities?

minimeatwad
TGMC Administrator

Postby minimeatwad » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:11 pm #514780

Hippie isn't as full as it used to be, and the toxicity wasn't helping it either. I didn't enjoy playing or being around most of the community, though I still taught some new players. The community rarely has any newbies anymore, and it's more experienced players that already know how to do everything. It's also not the same experience I enjoyed when I first became a mentor.

grinkgo
TGMC Lead

Postby grinkgo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:12 am #515638

minimeatwad wrote:Hippie isn't as full as it used to be, and the toxicity wasn't helping it either. I didn't enjoy playing or being around most of the community, though I still taught some new players. The community rarely has any newbies anymore, and it's more experienced players that already know how to do everything. It's also not the same experience I enjoyed when I first became a mentor.

How do you deal with toxicity? Both personally and in regards to toxic players?

minimeatwad
TGMC Administrator

Postby minimeatwad » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:11 am #515930

I avoid them if they're toxic. I try to avoid interaction with them unless I have to.

grinkgo
TGMC Lead

Postby grinkgo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:51 pm #516149

minimeatwad wrote:I avoid them if they're toxic. I try to avoid interaction with them unless I have to.

So how would you handle an admin ticket involving a toxic player? Would you just avoid the ticket and let someone else try to handle it?

minimeatwad
TGMC Administrator

Postby minimeatwad » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:46 am #516466

I'll still handle their ticket. I'm not saying that because someone is toxic that I have to avoid them at all costs, I'm saying that I avoid interacting with toxic people because they're toxic. Handling toxic people is a part of the job and I wouldn't sign up for it if I resented toxic people.

Merryweather
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Merryweather

Postby Merryweather » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:16 pm #518641

Final Result

Sorry for the deliberation, after speaking with the administration, we have decided to PASS this application, you will be roled accordingly on the discord/game/forms soon.
Head Administrator and a Lead of TGMC.
A part (HAPPY ORANGES) of one of the best SS13 servers out there, ish.

OOC: Rohesie: The oligarchy shall never fall.

Feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=22045

Toolboxing for a Cause: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24022

Return to TGMC Closed Applications