[Exavere] R1t - Oonga oonga, gweytide? ban ban!

Appeals which have been closed.
Keram
Byond Username: R1t

[Exavere] R1t - Oonga oonga, gweytide? ban ban!

Post by Keram » #517875

BYOND account: R1t
Character name: Peen Peenster
Ban type: Server ban
Ban length: 1 Week
Ban reason: https://gyazo.com/7890f77b18d6c7d91bb839deabcd8639
Time ban was placed: 2019-10-03 02:13:42
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 120595
Your side of the story: Loitered in main hallway till coming near the entrance of the bridge. Spotted James Jameson hacking into bridge doors, knowing that he was planning on robusting the captain - I came with him to claim access after he was done taking Cap's ID. He hacks into the bridge and another 2 individuals come into the bridge. James Jameson continues onto hacking into captains quarters until he opens it. 4 individuals were now in the captains quarters - spotting the captain, James Jameson started bashing the glass door of his office to gain access, I joined him by beating the glass with a toolbox. Captain would fire his disabler until he runs out of ammo and the glass is broken. I rush near the captain to retaliate with 1-2 toolbox hits, I continue by pushing him and knocking him over. James begins looting the captain and takes his ID. I take his glasses and carapace and im ready to head out. Captain gets up and hits me with a wrench, I further retaliate by another 1-2 hits with a toolbox and a punch until he gets knocked over. (Note: Other individuals were beating the captain and inflicting damage, My hits alone did not hardcrit.). Captain is then cuffed and dragged off by James Jameson, alive.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Didn't physically break into the captain's office, simply followed James Jameson with 3 other individuals. Proceeded to hit the captain up to about 5 times without the intention of hardcritting or above, Captain was already injured by other individuals. Exavere is wrong about me beating the captain ''to death'' as earlier he stated that I beat him ''Near death''. Both of which are diluted and fucking wrong of the facts as captain was dragged off A) Captain was dragged off alive B) My hits contributed a small portion to him being hardcritted. Secondly, Exavere also get's the fact that I broke into the captains office multiple times wrong. In prior rounds I would hack up to 2 doors leading up to the Bridge and not enter the Captains office unless it was actually opened by the captain himself INTENTIONLY to let me in. Giving a week ban for a scale of greytiding coming this close for the first time is pathetic and a retarded decision to whoever conceived it. No past-notes regarding Grey-tiding if you want to feel like an intelligent individual and bring up past behaviour.
Exavere
Byond Username: Exavere

Re: [Exavere] R1t - Oonga oonga, gweytide? ban ban!

Post by Exavere » #517877

Attack logs were taken from parsed logs/attack. And the adminPMs were taken from Rawlogs, to clarify. Edited to make reading less painful.

First off, you forgot to post the reason for the ban. Here.
Banned from the server for 1 week - Excessive Greytiding - Broke into the Captain's office with two others. Proceeded to beat the Captain to near death over the Captain hitting them once with a wrench, after they hit the captain twice with a toolbox, after the captain attempted to disable the group of them. This isn't proper escalation to beat someone to death as the instigator while they are unable to defend themselves, the captain defending himself in his own office does not make him valid. Has broken into the Captain's office multiple rounds in a row now, please tone down the greytiding. If you feel this is unfair please appeal it on the forums.
On the note of that, yes you are correct, you beat the Captain to near death. I didn't state you beat him to death, it clearly says in the Ban Reason you beat him to near death.
[2019-10-03 01:37:13.673] ATTACK: R1t/(Peen Peenster) has kicked Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) (NEWHP: -31) (Bridge (144, 139, 2))
You can see how close he was to hardcrit.
"In prior rounds I would hack up to 2 doors leading up to the Bridge and not enter the Captains office unless it was actually opened by the captain himself INTENTIONLY to let me in".
I don't understand the logic where breaking into the bridge, to then rush into the captain's office when he opens the door is him "Letting you in" and doesn't count as breaking in when you broke in to get there?
"Giving a week ban for a scale of greytiding coming this close for the first time is pathetic and a retarded decision to whoever conceived it."

If you're going to throw shit/shade. Just go forth and say it lad, it's pretty obvious who made this decision.

During the open ticket you said beating the captain was justified.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: R1t/(Peen Peenster)->Exavere/(Sepulchre): Escalation after he hit me. 2 Hits with toolbox valid, no crit.
Claimed you didn't beat him to crit but also said.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: R1t/(Peen Peenster)->Exavere/(Sepulchre): Soft crit turned into hardcrit after singular hits with toolbox. Captain hit me before hand
And then said.
"B) My hits contributed a small portion to him being hardcritted."
You can also see the previous log you beat him to -31, oddly close to hardcrit, so which is it man?
This is marked under Escalation, Captain is considered part of Security.
Exceptions: Security is expected not to retaliate with random abuse or violence unless the person in question is otherwise eligible for execution. You can't kill or maim security for trying to arrest you for legitimate reasons.
Captain didn't even lethal you, or anyone else, and was beaten to near death for it when he was within his rights to shoot you. Which breaks "You can't kill or maim security for trying to arrest you for legitimate reasons". Trying to disable (Which is non-lethal) for breaking into his office with 2 others is a pretty legitimate reason for arrest. He even called the HoS to deal with you.
[2019-10-03 01:35:10.667] SAY: Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) "HoS, people storming my office" (Captain's Office (163, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:15.071] SAY: Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) "Need help now" (Captain's Office (163, 131, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: R1t/(Peen Peenster)->Exavere/(Sepulchre): "A week ban for first time ''greytiding'' Following proper escalation?"
Again, you did not follow proper escalation. Which you seemed to be trying to get at quite a bit.

Also, more on the note of beating him being valid, which it wasn't.
Spoiler:
[2019-10-03 01:35:44.912] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has shot Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with the disabler beam (NEWHP: 100) (Captain's Office (162, 130, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:45.446] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has attacked [identification console] with the energy gun (Captain's Office (161, 130, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:45.763] ATTACK: Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) has shaken R1t/(Peen Peenster) (NEWHP: 67.5) (Captain's Office (161, 130, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:46.574] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has fired at Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with the disabler beam from Captain's Office (NEWHP: 100) (Captain's Office (161, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:46.576] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has shot Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with the disabler beam (NEWHP: 100) (Captain's Office (161, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:47.062] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has fired at Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with the disabler beam from Captain's Office (NEWHP: 100) (Captain's Office (161, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:47.063] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has shot Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with the disabler beam (NEWHP: 100) (Captain's Office (161, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:47.279] ATTACK: Franckn/(Abby Stephenson) has attacked [disposal pipe] with the pocket crowbar (Atmospherics (98, 157, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:47.487] ATTACK: R1t/(Peen Peenster) has attacked Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with mechanical toolbox (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 91) (Captain's Office (162, 130, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:47.592] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has fired at Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with the disabler beam from Captain's Office (NEWHP: 91) (Captain's Office (161, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:47.593] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has shot Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with the disabler beam (NEWHP: 91) (Captain's Office (161, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:48.337] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has fired at Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with the disabler beam from Captain's Office (NEWHP: 91) (Captain's Office (161, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:48.339] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has shot Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with the disabler beam (NEWHP: 91) (Captain's Office (161, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:48.889] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has fired at Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with the disabler beam from Captain's Office (NEWHP: 91) (Captain's Office (161, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:48.890] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has shot Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with the disabler beam (NEWHP: 91) (Captain's Office (161, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:35:49.015] ATTACK: R1t/(Peen Peenster) has attacked Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with mechanical toolbox (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 82

You were already beating him with a toolbox when he was in stamcrit, which again. Breaks the rules of escalation, and is excessive, in this instance. And yes, while it is true you were not the only one beating him. You did the most damage out of the two of you that actually were damaging him, 68 damage to be exact.
This being the final hit 2019-10-03 01:37:13.673] ATTACK: R1t/(Peen Peenster) has kicked Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) (NEWHP: -31) (Bridge (144, 139, 2))

Leaving you to be the one to put him into softcrit, near hardcrit (When you're in softcrit without help you are basically dead, and him being this close to hardcrit is a death sentence). So yes, near death.
"Captain is then cuffed and dragged off by James Jameson, alive."
Incorrect, they were actually taken away by another player who stepped in to stop you from griefing the captain.
[2019-10-03 01:37:09.740] ATTACK: Coleminerman/(States-The-Obvious) has grabbed Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) aggressive grab (NEWHP: -3.1) (Bridge (143, 138, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:37:51.130] ATTACK: Coleminerman/(States-The-Obvious) has healed Rumpelstiltskin3/(Emmanuel Abramovich) with bruise pack (NEWHP: 4.6) (Medbay Central (161, 101, 2))
And on that note as well, you were continuing to beat the captain further into crit while he was cuffed. Even one of the people who broke into the Captains room with you were yelling at you to cut it out.
Spoiler:
2019-10-03 01:36:05.121] SAY: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) "WAIT" (Captain's Office (161, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:36:06.445] SAY: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) "DONT KILL IHM" (Captain's Office (161, 131, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:36:58.276] SAY: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) "STOP" (Bridge (155, 140, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:36:59.276] SAY: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) "HURTINg" (Bridge (155, 140, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:36:59.978] SAY: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) "THE CAP" (Bridge (155, 140, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:37:02.876] SAY: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) "ARE YALL TOTS OR SOMETHING" (Bridge (155, 140, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:37:04.281] SAY: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) "WHAT THE FUKC" (Bridge (155, 140, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:37:14.445] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has shoved R1t/(Peen Peenster) with into Emmanuel Abramovich (NEWHP: 60.8) (Bridge (144, 140, 2))
[2019-10-03 01:37:15.704] ATTACK: LynxJynx/(James Jameson) has kicked R1t/(Peen Peenster) (NEWHP: 47.3) (Bridge (145, 139, 2))
Don't be a dick.
We're all here to have a good time, supposedly. Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules, this also includes harassing a player OOC (Out of character). Legitimate conflicts where people get upset do happen however, as detailed in the escalation section of the rules.
Beating the tar out of the cuffed captain over AA after "not breaking into the captain's quarters" at round start is a dick move. You know it's bad when one of the other instigators were telling you to chill the hell out. This, and based off your previous, very nice comments, leads me to.

Between contradicting statements, lies, and absolute denial of responsibility. I don't see any reason why to un-ban you ahead of time. Had you had just admitted you fucked up, and that you were sorry. I'd of seriously considered it, I am pretty lenient and I hate banning people. But I am also not a push-over.

Do you have anything else to add to this?
Last edited by Exavere on Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Plasmeme life is not an easy one.
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #517881

Giving a week ban for a scale of greytiding coming this close for the first time is pathetic and a retarded decision to whoever conceived it.
Actually I advised he ban you for a week because you've copped so many serious bans and notes in six weeks while continuing to act like a colossal line toeing shoe-stone, so believed that clearly a longer ban is required.
As it appears that you have not in fact learned anything from what is posted above I stand by that advice.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #517884

The other fact that wasn't mentioned here is that hacking into bridge also makes you valid
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Post by Ispiria » #517889

Timonk wrote:The other fact that wasn't mentioned here is that hacking into bridge also makes you valid
For clarification - the player appealing here did not themselves hack into the office, but rather followed an individual who did. It's a minor detail, since trespassing in a high security area IE the captain's office at roundstart makes you valid to cap/sec/heads just as though you'd personally hacked in, but keeping the story straight is important.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #517910

"In prior rounds I would hack up to 2 doors leading up to the Bridge and not enter the Captains office unless it was actually opened by the captain himself INTENTIONLY to let me in".
Keram
Byond Username: R1t

Post by Keram » #517913

I see.

This is a unnecessary and futile fight for me to engage in.

Looking at my actions, I acted like a complete shitter and should be ashamed of myself. For that, I apologize for the individuals and admins that had to deal with my shittery.

This is a good, timely call for me to act differently and change my outviews and goals.
LynxJynx
Byond Username: LynxJynx

Post by LynxJynx » #517914

AS the person who hacked into the captains office the only thing I would like to add is the fact that me and states very expressly shouted to NOT HARM the captain as you and the others who broke in hit the captain. Id also like to state the damage done to the captain was way more than a few simple hits with a toolbox and that someone (I cannot recall who, might of been you) COMPLETELY stripped the captain instead of just grabbing AA with his ID.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #517932

Hello!

Just want to say that What R1T did, based on their Account, may have violated the rules I'll state further on:

Rule 1

Precedent 1. Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’. Each unjustified kill is normally met with one 24 ban.

Precedent 4. Unprovoked grief (occasionally known as greytiding), repeated cases of minor unprovoked grief, and unprovoked grief targeted towards specific players or groups (i.e. metagrudging) fall under rule 1. Admins may follow up on grief with allowing the affected parties to ignore normal escalation policy or measures such as warnings or bans.

Precedent 5. Players who attempt to break into the captain's office, head of personnel's office, or the bridge at or near roundstart for no legitimate reason put themselves at risk for being legitimately killed by the captain, heads of staff, or security.

Additionally,
Rule 7
If you regularly come close to breaking the rules without actually breaking them, it will be treated as the rules being broken.
Repeated instances of the same rules being broken may be met with harsher consequences. Baiting people into situations where you can report them to admins will be dealt with harshly.

Edit: Cut the peanut part out from this post. Reyn please stop peanut posting and hiding behind rule quotes.
Exavere
Byond Username: Exavere

Post by Exavere » #517964

Looking at my actions, I acted like a complete shitter and should be ashamed of myself. For that, I apologize for the individuals and admins that had to deal with my shittery.

This is a good, timely call for me to act differently and change my outviews and goals
It takes a rare sort of grit to be able to admit to one's own mistakes, even when it's really clear you messed up, especially in the face of public view. While I do still feel the ban was justified, I am going to reduce it. Since, instead of ignoring my response or salting more, you admitted to screwing up and that you'll attempt to do better in the future. I appreciate the honesty, I do hope I am not making a mistake in letting you off the hook early. Please be more aware, and careful, in the future. If something similar to this happens again it'll be much harder for you to appeal it now you've recognized your error and said you'd try to do better in the future. I recommend giving the rules a comb over once or twice, to help yourself avoid these situations in the future.

A couple of side notes.

As for the dis-respect in the appeal, I get it. People do dumb stuff when they're mad and sometimes you feel like there's nothing you can do so you settle on salt. I've been there myself before, and I will not hold it against you, but just remember that it'll never help in an appeal. Also, it doesn't hurt to say when you're not clear in Ahelps/PMs. When you're in the heat of the moment, it's easy to forget all of what happened, because you don't have the logs there at the time. If you try to make up what happened, or deny what happened when it's quite clear it took place, it'll only make you look like you're lying. And a rule of thumb is when people lie they get much harsher punishments.

I am going to lift the ban early Saturday morning, central time. If no Head-Admin disagrees with my choice of action then this appeal is accepted. I believe they will hopefully show a good change of character, and if not then at least I can say I gave them a fair chance and next time will be different for whichever admin handles any problems at that time. Other than that, I will see you Early Saturday, late-late Friday night, gamer.
The Plasmeme life is not an easy one.