Admin - SunoPerson

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

SunoPerson
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: SunoPerson

Admin - SunoPerson

Postby SunoPerson » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:07 am #519554

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Current ckey: SunoPerson. Previous ckeys None
Character name(s): Synth: Timmy. Human: Suno Hall.
Timezone: CET. Europa
Discord tag: Suno#0502
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: I have been an admin on several Minecraft and discord servers, Most of them private.
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: I have been playing TGMC for about six months on and off. And space station 13 as a whole for about two years.
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: No. But I have been banned from CM a year ago for accidental EORG
Have you ever received a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: Never, I tend to stay on the good side of servers.
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? I tend to look on both sides of the argument, I also don't usually tend to make rash decisions. I think in a very logical manner.
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? Definitely my combat skills, And my general cowardly playstyle
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? Their actions should be judged in the general interest of the server and enjoyment. The server should be fun for everyone, And the players should do their best to make it so. Admins should be there to make the server fun for everyone.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? A good standard for admin events is "Would it be fun for both sides of the event?". I would most likely try to do small events two times a week, And large events once or twice per two weeks. I would most likely consider the fun and balance for both sides when running one
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find the least enjoyable? I think I would find the most enjoyable part to be helping players have fun, The least enjoyable part would most likely be dealing with very toxic players.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? I think I would stop when it starts to affect my life outside the game, I would most likely be able to call it quits but not very easily, I'm quite stubborn.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
I would note and warn them and aheal the player that has been shot if he hasn't already been healed by the medics. After that, I would let the MP's deal with them

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
I would inform the mentors If no mentors are available I would help them myself.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
I would refer him to the complaints section of the forums and tell him that being aggressive doesn't help. I would also note them.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
I would inform them of rule three and request them to change their name, And say that we have a different ruleset than other servers.

5. You see an MT running around in armour and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I would inform him that rifles can only be carried openly when there is a threat present to the ship.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I would use a central command message to encourage the marines to attack, with a message such as "The hostiles are retreating, Go for the kill and wipe them out!" (Message would depend on the context of the situation)

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
I would warn and note him for breaking rule 1 and request him to return their gear. If he continues I would temporarily ban him for about 2-4 hours. (Ban duration depends on the extent of the rulebreaking)

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
Warn and note him for improper escalation, And of course aheal the dead marine.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
I would tell them to tone it down for the sake of the offended player.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
I would ban the shooter and aheal the dead marines, The shooter would be banned for about a week.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
I would warn them for wasting a Xeno slot and tell them to not do it again.

12. You see a Xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
I would note them for OOC in IC and tell them to tone it down since this server is MRP

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
Nothing, The marines already know about Xenos on TGMC

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
I would inform him that you don't have to be cryo on the pods and warn him for improper escalation.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
I would note him, If he has a history of logging off without cryo I would joban him for about a week.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
I would correct him and inform him of his mistake.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
Screenshot the logs and make a complaint.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
Tell them to not bash other servers/players, And of course note and warn them. If they continiue I would mute them from OOC for the duration of the round.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
I would check both sides for any disagreements or anything funny, I would check if multiple shots were fired. If multiple shots were fired outside burst fire I would warn and note the shooter, Otherwise, I would mark it as an IC issue

SunoPerson
TGMC Administrator

Re: Admin - SunoPerson

Postby SunoPerson » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:10 pm #519579

ADDENDUM: I have a lot of time, About 6 hours a day or more.

PostThis post was deleted by grinkgo on Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:09 am.
Reason: It's not necessary to bump your own thread. Please be patient as we process your application

grinkgo
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Grinkgo

Postby grinkgo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:07 am #520379

Hello, and thank you for applying!

SunoPerson wrote:9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.

They reply "lol they're just being a snowflake. I didn't even say anything that bad." How would you respond to this?

SunoPerson wrote:11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
I would warn them for wasting a Xeno slot and tell them to not do it again.

What rule would you refer to here?

SunoPerson wrote:13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
Nothing, The marines already know about Xenos on TGMC

The FC says "I have a very strong feeling they're in Lambda." How would you respond?

SunoPerson wrote:16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
I would correct him and inform him of his mistake.

They insist they are right. Furthermore they have already spread the misinformation to the players. What would you do next?

SunoPerson
TGMC Administrator

Postby SunoPerson » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:10 pm #520556

Thank you for responding.

Question 9: I would personally investigate what they said and judge if it was worthy of a warning or if they should move on.

Question 11: Rule 3, For committing suicide without a proper reason.

Question 13: I would politely inform him that using OOC information is metagaming and that he cannot know that the Xenos are in lambda.

Question 16: I would tell the misinformed players of the other staff members error and correct him. I would also inform a headmin of his mistake, So that they may help him.

Merryweather
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Merryweather

Postby Merryweather » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:07 pm #521147

5. You see an MT running around in armour and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I would inform him that rifles can only be carried openly when there is a threat present to the ship.

They ask which rule they have broken.
Head Administrator and a Lead of TGMC.
A part (HAPPY ORANGES) of one of the best SS13 servers out there, ish.

OOC: Rohesie: The oligarchy shall never fall.

Feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=22045

Toolboxing for a Cause: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24022

Rohesie
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Rohesie

Postby Rohesie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:20 pm #521150

SunoPerson wrote:9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.

They ask you what "toning it down" means, and how much of it is a problem. What do you answer?

SunoPerson
TGMC Administrator

Postby SunoPerson » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:16 pm #521281

Question 5 : I would inform them that while they have not broken any rules it is low RP behaviour to carry a rifle on green security level, and inform them of rule 3.

Question 9 : I would inform them that "toning it down" means to lower the amount/intensity of the racist comments. I would most likely inform them that anything above very minor comments is a problem, and would most likely not warn or note them since it was only one player that got offended

Rohesie
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Rohesie

Postby Rohesie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:56 pm #521290

SunoPerson wrote:Question 9 : I would inform them that "toning it down" means to lower the amount/intensity of the racist comments. I would most likely inform them that anything above very minor comments is a problem, and would most likely not warn or note them since it was only one player that got offended

Could you give examples of acceptable cases of minor racism?

SunoPerson
TGMC Administrator

Postby SunoPerson » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:24 pm #521295

Acceptable cases:

MAJ Tom says : "Right squad! Kill those illegall Xenos right now!"

UPP Cassandra stutters : "Help! The immigrants captured me!

Merryweather
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Merryweather

Postby Merryweather » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:06 pm #523166

Looks like while talking to the administration, it seems that with good judgement, your application has passed. You will be ranked and roled accordingly soon.
Head Administrator and a Lead of TGMC.
A part (HAPPY ORANGES) of one of the best SS13 servers out there, ish.

OOC: Rohesie: The oligarchy shall never fall.

Feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=22045

Toolboxing for a Cause: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24022

Return to TGMC Closed Applications