Spheretech's Sprites

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
spheretech

Spheretech's Sprites

Post by spheretech » #56381

Ey there I'm a spriter and I'll be posting my stuff here.

Chrono Legionnaire (potential ninja reskin)

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/4luyeh

Blue Landmate

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/4eksk4

Vampire UI
(If anyone actually wants to use these with the spell icons I'd really like to redo those)

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/wodcvn

Ripley Mk2

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/h5x44y

Some fire dude?

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/i0k0eb

Flamethrower & Fuel Pack

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/jafeq9

Disposalbot (janiborg skin)

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/zcok5k

Honk Cannon

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/9n6yr7

Aquaman?

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/xwp0tu

Wraith

top = old, bottom = tweaked

DMI Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/x06ut0
Last edited by spheretech on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Re: Spheretech's Sprites

Post by Nienhaus » #56442

I like the flamethrower, I dislike making fire but I love your fire.
Hey.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #56455

Replace ninja with this in the grand overhaul immediately
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #56456

A Vampire game mode would be a nifty addition, and these are all great sprites irregardless.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #56461

These are all really good
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
spheretech

Post by spheretech » #56484

Glad you like em. You can also make suggestions here if you want.
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #56496

There was interest in backpack flamethrowers after the watertanks and defibs were added, I'd be happy to code the flamethrower now I have sprites. As usual though, we're limited by the in-hands limit.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #56497

Yeah, the in hands situation does need addressing as we have hit our limit, this can be seen in game from Energy Gun in hand sprites disappearing if you fire enough shots.

E: I wonder if people are up for these Ripley sprites to replace our current Ripley sprites???
Nienhaus

Post by Nienhaus » #56498

Steelpoint wrote:Yeah, the in hands situation does need addressing as we have hit our limit, this can be seen in game from Energy Gun in hand sprites disappearing if you fire enough shots.

E: I wonder if people are up for these Ripley sprites to replace our current Ripley sprites???
I personally feel these Ripley sprites could be tweaked a little bit and it'd look great.
Hey.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #56505

No thanks. The chickenlegged gygax is bad enough.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
spheretech

Post by spheretech » #56535

If you mean you want to tweak it then go ahead. I can do it too if you want.

And what in-hand issue are we talking about?
fleure

Post by fleure » #56538

spheretech wrote:If you mean you want to tweak it then go ahead. I can do it too if you want.

And what in-hand issue are we talking about?
.dmi files have a 512 state limit. Problem is the number of in-hand sprites (What you see on your character holding an item) in that icon_state file have very nearly reached, if not hit, the 512 limit. There is a workaround, other forks have done it, but for now we can't really add anymore until we pull our finger out and code a solution ourselves (It'll essentially just be a second file, and the icon_state or another var will just point to that second file).
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #56541

fleure wrote: .dmi files have a 512 state limit..
Not quite, .dmi files have no limit, it's the Dream maker IDE that has the limit, it refuses to open any .dmi that goes byond 512, but you can cram more in as you please (for example I recall Nexis of VG or somebody having a tool to do just this.)
私は完璧
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #56621

Stickymayhem wrote:Replace ninja with this in the grand overhaul immediately
this

also it would be a bitch but couldn't you start "compartmentalizing" inhands or something
like have a .dmi for weapon inhands, one for clothes inhands, etc.
more space for each category
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Nienhaus

Post by Nienhaus » #56650

spheretech wrote:If you mean you want to tweak it then go ahead. I can do it too if you want.
It's more for consistency of the sprite.
I understand it's about if the sprite looks fine, the consistency isn't something I'm complaining about, I mostly just dislike black lines. The actual sprite is good though.
I don't know off the top of my head if mechs use black lines. Also I know a dark brown is not very noticeable change but I dislike black lines.
Hey.
spheretech

Post by spheretech » #56651

Nienhaus wrote:
It's more for consistency of the sprite.
I understand it's about if the sprite looks fine, the consistency isn't something I'm complaining about, I mostly just dislike black lines. The actual sprite is good though.
I don't know off the top of my head if mechs use black lines. Also I know a dark brown is not very noticeable change but I dislike black lines.
I see what you mean, it does look better now.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #56810

i like the sprite but i dont think it should replace the ripley. i really like the current ripley sprite.
the new sprite seems too advanced for the ripley as well, considering the mech itself is pretty bad.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #56854

Working on seeing what I can do about replacing the ninja with the chrono guy.

EDIT: First test results coming up soon...
EDIT 2: First test went well, but there's some bugs that need fixing.
Last edited by Xhuis on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #56855

So what, did the Allied Alliance accidently fuck up their Chronosphere and send a man 500 years into the future? Considering the plot line that's not entirely unfeasible.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #56857

Right now I'm kind of going along with a separate, standalone plot for the legionnaire guys.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #56858

Its not that hard, just look to Red Alert 2 and 3 for some guidance.

Try and avoid referencing them directly, change the names or leave it ambiguous. Fortunately the way the plot of the series goes it very easily plausible that this scenario could occur.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #56862

All right, branch is pretty much complete. I'm repurposing the chronopack as a jetpack and not using a gun that deletes the mob (because that would be shit). Other than that, it's pretty much done, and it does hint at being transported forward in time.

As for the fluff, the replacement Spider Clan is basically the Fadria Corporation which are exactly like the Spider Clan in that they are tech-loving fanatics who work for cash. I've never actually played Red Alert 2 and 3 so in the PR if my plot skills are impaired let me know.

PR is up at https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/6891
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #57037

CHRONO LEGIONAIRES. MY LONG FORGOTTEN CHILDHOOD.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

spheretech

Post by spheretech » #57048

Ikr. "Never exisssted!"
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #57064

I am attempting to make these as a stand alone suit, not ninja replacement, but I will need some sprite of at least the part of the beam that surrounds the target, the circle thing. I was gonna use the energy net sprite but that is a copy of the ninja energy net. I understand, as this was intended to replace ninja, but that is not what I am working on.
I lurk quite often...
spheretech

Post by spheretech » #57068

JJRcop wrote:I am attempting to make these as a stand alone suit, not ninja replacement, but I will need some sprite of at least the part of the beam that surrounds the target, the circle thing. I was gonna use the energy net sprite but that is a copy of the ninja energy net. I understand, as this was intended to replace ninja, but that is not what I am working on.
Beam that surrounds the target? What will you use it for?
JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #57072

For the gun, I'm making the gun do the erase people thing, like in the art. The second drawing in the art is what I'm referring to, just want that circle, make it a little animated. (I don't want the human thing in the middle though as I intend to make it work on all mobs.)
I lurk quite often...
spheretech

Post by spheretech » #57073

JJRcop wrote:For the gun, I'm making the gun do the erase people thing, like in the art. The second drawing in the art is what I'm referring to, just want that circle, make it a little animated. (I don't want the human thing in the middle though as I intend to make it work on all mobs.)
So something like the phasing effect the legionnaire uses in red alert. I'll see what I can do.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #57076

For lore purposes, the Chrono Legionaries guns work by firing at a target. When the target is hit they become frozen completely as they are erased, they cannot be harmed during this process, also the Legionarie cannot move during this as well.
spheretech

Post by spheretech » #57111

JJRcop wrote:For the gun, I'm making the gun do the erase people thing, like in the art. The second drawing in the art is what I'm referring to, just want that circle, make it a little animated. (I don't want the human thing in the middle though as I intend to make it work on all mobs.)
Hows this?

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/y0e1xo
JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #57134

Looks good! Thanks.
I lurk quite often...
fleure

Post by fleure » #57141

Remie Richards wrote:
fleure wrote: .dmi files have a 512 state limit..
Not quite, .dmi files have no limit, it's the Dream maker IDE that has the limit, it refuses to open any .dmi that goes byond 512, but you can cram more in as you please (for example I recall Nexis of VG or somebody having a tool to do just this.)
So could be potentially just use the tool from now on to keep adding items to the in-hands .dmi?
JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #57288

Suit's done, and it is so sexy. Going to work on the gun soon. I might need some sort of gray laser projectile similar to that sphere, if you don't mind.
I lurk quite often...
spheretech

Post by spheretech » #57314

JJRcop wrote:Suit's done, and it is so sexy. Going to work on the gun soon. I might need some sort of gray laser projectile similar to that sphere, if you don't mind.
What about this? Its in the main DMI file

download here anyway: https://www.sendspace.com/file/vq5205
JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #57320

I was gonna use that but... ehhhhh.... I'll make it gray.

Also here's the finished product for the suit at least:

Edit: Small issue... I am having too much fun playing with the suit that I haven't really worked on the gun.
I lurk quite often...
spheretech

Post by spheretech » #57333

Watched the video, looks awesome.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #58579

Needs some rocketeers and space kirovs.
JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #58948

Made large progress on gun, hopefully will finish tomorrow.
I lurk quite often...
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #81748

Ayyy could you reupload that ripley sprite?
っぽい
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #81749

Nexendia wrote:Ayyy could you reupload that ripley sprite?
Been trying to get in touch with Spheretech for it for ages...
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
spheretech

Post by spheretech » #81863

Thats because I don't really play on tg and like never check this forum. Ask me on skype 'Spheretech' (bear avatar), yogstation forums, Spheretech on steam or on imgur.
Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #81865

SPHERETECH :D
っぽい
Spoiler:
Nienhaus

Post by Nienhaus » #81866

I totally didn't google your name, and then search it on digg to find you btw.
Hey.
spheretech

Post by spheretech » #81868

So this is the DMI of that ripley that nienhaus fixed https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9iag2h9m3edp ... h.dmi?dl=0

And that flamethrower https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ig9zc4rgg478 ... I.dmi?dl=0
Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #81870

spheretech wrote:So this is the DMI of that ripley that nienhaus fixed https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9iag2h9m3edp ... h.dmi?dl=0

And that flamethrower https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ig9zc4rgg478 ... I.dmi?dl=0
<3 u bby
っぽい
Spoiler:
spheretech

Post by spheretech » #81871

Vampire UI https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fn07l4psz817 ... I.dmi?dl=0

I believe all the links are broken and I cba reuploading everything so if you want any of that stuff just ask
Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #82001

spheretech wrote:Vampire UI https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fn07l4psz817 ... I.dmi?dl=0

I believe all the links are broken and I cba reuploading everything so if you want any of that stuff just ask
Could you upload the Honk Cannon tooo plox
っぽい
Spoiler:
spheretech

Post by spheretech » #82002

Nexendia wrote:
spheretech wrote:Vampire UI https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fn07l4psz817 ... I.dmi?dl=0

Could you upload the Honk Cannon tooo plox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkveypfmtk9ve ... n.dmi?dl=0
JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #84100

Soo... Could I get a chrono beam, as in a thing similar to the bolt except it is continuous in one axis and will properly wrap if placed end to end?
I lurk quite often...