Cook Exclusive Traitor Weapon

A place to record your ideas for the game.
UndisputedOfTheEast
Byond Username: UndisputedOfTheEast

Cook Exclusive Traitor Weapon

Post by UndisputedOfTheEast » #528834

Idea: Radioactive Fridge
Inspiration: Cowbow Bebop episode where a Fridge Mold creature attacks the crew
Concept: Cook activates a beacon that pops a green glowing irradiated fridge. Suspicious as fuck and immediately gives him away since its so noticeable from camera or in person. You put a bunch of random food items shit in it and it spawns a fungus blob/slime creature over time (stronger ingredients like raw space carp, spider legs, dead humans, vomit, space creature or lavaland meat make it more durable).
Unlike Slime though, it's only vulnerable to heat related shit. It bites you like a slime but also makes you terribly sick and spores clutter your eyes overtime until you get space penicillin. Spore looks at Cook as his parent.
[youtube]gCuSNMSv-Os[/youtube]

Other idea: Cannibal Knife
Inspiration: The usual horror clique of murderous cannibalistic chef
Concept: Knife can butcher and destroy human bodies. Raw human meat replenishes the Cooks health. Only can be used by Cook and if welded by someone else it injures them if they attempt to attack someone with text saying "Only someone with true culinary arts can wield this knife!"
[youtube]M6wq2DYmToE[/youtube]
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Cook Exclusive Traitor Weapon

Post by cacogen » #528836

what if the cook could cause stamina damage by typing in all-caps and swearing
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #528878

The second one would be too op
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #528999

Nah. Second ones in the same vein as His-Grace, Dual E-sword, Holoparasite.

If it's 20 tc. It has a decent chance of getting in.
► Show Spoiler
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #529027

double barrel shotgun that can be loaded with food

shooting someone with birthday cake instakills them
Last edited by Flatulent on Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #529028

Ah yes more murderbone items
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #529029

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Ah yes more murderbone items
i love killing jannies as traitor and we always need more guns
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #529030

Flatulent wrote:
i love killing jannies as traitor and we always need more guns
I actually meant the knife but whatever
Last edited by Tarchonvaagh on Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
UndisputedOfTheEast

Post by UndisputedOfTheEast » #529054

Yeah what a strange idea to give a weapon to kill people with when 50% of the time your objective is to assassinate somebody; especially if that person is the head of security or someone who's armed already.
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #529055

UndisputedOfTheEast wrote:
Yeah what a strange idea to give a weapon to kill people with when 50% of the time your objective is to assassinate somebody; especially if that person is the head of security or someone who's armed already.
You're suggesting a weapon that promotes mass murder of the crew, which this game gets enough of. Nobody likes sitting out for an entire duration of a round because they were needed to give the chef his health back (not to mention, your idea would remove people from the round permanently, or make their 'body'(brain) significantly harder to find. Assuming they do not eat the brain, which anybody can do.)

UndisputedOfTheEast

Post by UndisputedOfTheEast » #529057

Togopal wrote:
UndisputedOfTheEast wrote:
You're suggesting a weapon that promotes mass murder of the crew, which this game gets enough of. Nobody likes sitting out for an entire duration of a round because they were needed to give the chef his health back (not to mention, your idea would remove people from the round permanently, or make their 'body'(brain) significantly harder to find. Assuming they do not eat the brain, which anybody can do.)
How is this any different than His Grace which devours a body upon eating? On top of this, the cannibal knife would not deal as much damage as something like His Grace and would be on the lines of a normal kitchen knife which only deals 10 brute damage, it could be expensive to purchase and doesn't immediately gobble up the victim rather could take 10 seconds before the body is gibbed. Why do classes like the Clown get a car that snatches up people and can gib up dozens of people via launching them into the supermatter crystal or the Chaplain get weaponry that does extensive damage yet the cook can't get something of worth? Or what about the dual energy sword. The cook can just purchase that, bake some cakes, and then slide brains into each of them for every person he immediately decapitates causing them to be kicked out of the round. So this idea that "oh you'll kick people out of the round!" is well ingrained into this game already.
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #529058

You must have misinterpreted me as defending other murderbone tools when I said 'this game gets enough mass murder of the crew'. However, I will bite in saying that

-His Grace, upon deconstruction, will restore the bodies of everybody who has died. It also has several hard counters, including a death timer and the wielder having restriction to areas. You can literally just avoid disaster by standing in your department or maintenance and waiting.

-Clown car that drives into the crystal destroys the car, ejecting everybody outside. Doesn't mass gib, just fucks everyone formerly inside with radiation, which is better than being removed.

Regardless, I think both of them are pretty lame to use, but at least they aren't as common as they were when they were first introduced. I also forgot to mention the second idea would be broken in that the chef can always keep human meat in his backpack to heal. You have odd priorities if you think "these people get meme items to encourage murderboning, so why can't we add another for this job?" We do not need more. Your ideas are cool, but there shouldn't be more tools that promote killing people uninvolved with your objective. Just my two cents.