The Joy of MRP

General SS13 Chat
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

The Joy of MRP

Post by RaveRadbury » #541441

I've noticed a handful of things that have been going on in Manuel, so I wanted to share and hear what other people have experienced.

Some dank things about Manuel so far:
  • No one rushes door wires and shouts them to the crew
  • The PROVE cartridge isn't looted round start and used for memes
  • I can stand in front of the HoP desk without having to worry about getting shoved or my ID stolen
  • I can stand in the hallway and write a note on a piece of paper with very little interference
  • In the first few days of Manuel I saw a pair of insuls just sitting in tool storage on Meta, I couldn't believe it.
I mostly play Mime, Clown, Janitor, and Cook, so I've been used to the kinds of random grief that these roles can attract (especially clown). It's all been reduced or more reasonable.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: The Joy of MRP

Post by Nabski » #541442

You get to read people posting ban reasons that are absolutely retarded.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #541444

Dunno if you meant just random little things or also stories but here we go

Paramedic shift, I do my regular shenanigans with co-workers, the CMO soon starts acting a bit hostile for some reason but I shrug it off and move on.
While taking a blood donation from some guy the CMO calls me to his office, uho.
He asks me what was that ominous pod that just landed in front of his office is. It was just my banjo, is what I keep telling him, but he doesn't get it!
He hands me my medical record (it lists your quirks, and it's quite a read), says I'm not mentally nor physically fit for my job and threatens to fire me, with paperwork and everything!
After realizing he's not going to get a useful explanation out of me he lets me go, I get to keep my job for now.
Shift goes on, medbay gets hectic, bombs exploding, we save a whole bunch of people. At some point someone finds my firing papers in the trash, we burn it to ash for good measure.
Server crashes soon after, bummer.

Next shift, paramedic again, same CMO.
Not two minutes in the shift he calls me again to his office.
At this point I'm assuming the CMO has a grudge and will just kick me out of medbay, he hands me this:
Spoiler:
letter.png
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #541446

I think I've seen a broken beepsky like two times at most, and every time his baton was still there

Every time a Mime's grabbed my Clown rather than throwing me into the vending machine or smashing me into a table it's been to drag me for some kind of fun activity

I've been able to actually act as a detective, with entire storylines developing with me hunting and confronting my villains rather than being expected to be a cowboy cop with my Loose Cannon at my hip - Sec always have backed me up on my conclusions from my investigations, except for one time which created an absolutely tense situation between me and an accused murderer ending with me stopping them from slipping away from security, with the two of us sharing a pod and him having me monologue on every single detail I had caught him on until he revealed his true colours and tried to throw me out the airlock which became a 2 square duel with the police baton and my revolver that I eventually lost- One of my favorite moments in SS13 to date and one I wont forget for a LONG time

I have only once had my autism project be interrupted, and it was from a contractor who promised to use some of their TC to improve my project once they figured out how to send me to the syndie room if I promised not to tell. I loved that interaction.

I guess in the not so great side I've seen a few IC (well and OOC) complaints about my clown name but the IC ones are always fun because I can come up with a new reason why my ID says such a ridiculous name on it
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #541449

This thread is open to good MRP stories but if anyone feels like they have a condensed example of what MRP has been for them (ex. rarely seeing beepsky's destroyed) those would be especially appreciated.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #541450

Having conversations and interactions with other shaft miners.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #541455

>do something wacky
>people actually react in a funny, in-character way instead of ignoring you or going "heh"
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #541458

RaveRadbury wrote:I've noticed a handful of things that have been going on in Manuel, so I wanted to share and hear what other people have experienced.

• I can stand in front of the HoP desk without having to worry about getting shoved or my ID stolen
  • I can stand in the hallway and write a note on a piece of paper with very little interference
ymmv but this has not been my experience on manuel
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #541671

Things that I've noticed:

- Bar is often populated, with interesting things happening
- Clowns often actually bother putting on entertainment/use the theatre
- Medbay is either slow or actually like watching a medical drama
- Lawyers actually get to do their job
- Events don't start with everyone bumrushing the shuttle and beating the shit out of whatevers on it
- Shuttle gets called when shit is generally station ending or its been 2+ hours (most stuff gets fixed, repaired or plugged up)
- Generally less ahelps over being arrested
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #541678

bandit wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:I've noticed a handful of things that have been going on in Manuel, so I wanted to share and hear what other people have experienced.

ymmv but this has not been my experience on manuel
Aside from a few rare Clunwe rounds you basically only observe Manuel, never play it

EDIT: That isn't to say your opinion is invalid but I feel you're gonna get a very different experience observing as an admin looking for and dealing with faults and actually playing the round
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #541696

why did you make a pat yourself on the back thread and also fucking pin it lmao
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #541700

Flatulent wrote:why did you make a pat yourself on the back thread and also fucking pin it lmao
What're you doing out of the hut
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #541701

Mickyan, it's documents like these that make me think a folder with persistence, like the photo albums, might be pretty fun to have.
Last edited by RaveRadbury on Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #541706

yeah yeah okay calm down furry this isn't bay i can do whatever the fuck i want on manuel and disguise it under minor ic crime

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Dootdoom
Byond Username: Dootdoom

Post by Dootdoom » #541708

angelstarri wrote:yeah yeah okay calm down furry this isn't bay i can do whatever the fuck i want on manuel and disguise it under minor ic crime
hi
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #541709

I must admit it's nice to be able to play through an entire round without some astronomical fuckass running around lopping off everybody's heads.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #541713

Copybass wrote:
Flatulent wrote:why did you make a pat yourself on the back thread and also fucking pin it lmao
well i get triggered by mrp appreciation threads and I suddenly get this irresistible urge to insert my opinion on the matter, even though(especially because) i haven’t played a single round on manuel but that only makes my point more valuable so naturally i’m going to now write a 300 word long essay on how MRP is bad and why it should be removed in favour of admin-mandated battle royale ruleset
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #541751

Flatulent wrote:
Copybass wrote:
well i get triggered by mrp appreciation threads and I suddenly get this irresistible urge to insert my opinion on the matter, even though(especially because) i haven’t played a single round on manuel but that only makes my point more valuable so naturally i’m going to now write a 300 word long essay on how MRP is bad and why it should be removed in favour of admin-mandated battle royale ruleset
If you've got nothing useful to say, no experience with the server and are simply here to either derail or shitpost I suggest you take it back to the Hut
(As per global rules 7 & 9
7. Please be respectful of other users. You can disagree with someone without being a hostile douchebag.
9. Shitposts go in the hut.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #541802

peoplearestrange wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
Copybass wrote:
If you've got nothing useful to say, no experience with the server and are simply here to either derail or shitpost I suggest you take it back to the Hut
(As per global rules 7 & 9
7. Please be respectful of other users. You can disagree with someone without being a hostile douchebag.
9. Shitposts go in the hut.
Occasional snark is absolutely fine outside the hut and this guy isn't disrespecting anybody. Chill
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #541891

i see wardens actually using the cameras now, i NEVER see wardens using the cameras anywhere else
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #541895

Plapatin wrote:i see wardens actually using the cameras now, i NEVER see wardens using the cameras anywhere else
I would always see this tbh
[this space reserved]
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #541910

Generally it's pretty chill! Rounds can be very comfy.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #541911

I have always used the cameras and fuck I hate them so much
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #541912

Plapatin wrote:i see wardens actually using the cameras now, i NEVER see wardens using the cameras anywhere else
do you actually play the game? I've always seen wardens stuck to the camera console while making calls and getting dunked by whoever sneaked up on them
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #541949

People here are confusing wardens being at the terminal with wardens actually using cameras

You can hear the clicks and such when they're switching cameras, they're often just using the role as a semi AFK role
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #542182

bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #546588

had a blood brothers round that reminded me what I actually used to like about traitoring -- no OP meme syndicate items, no murderboning, but actually working together to get shit done, where "shit" in this case meant "steal the nuke core, AND the shard, AND kill the HoS"
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #546821

Nabski wrote:You get to read people posting ban reasons that are absolutely retarded.
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #546824

best part so far is arresting people who door-creating-staff into armory during a wiz round while they shockedpikachu.png thinking wiz round means MRP disappears
Blurbo
Byond Username: Blurbo

Post by Blurbo » #551512

wire and insuls not being rushed is bad,this post was made by assistant gang :igloves: :cardborg: :unknownman:
Blurbo
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #551518

Skillywatt wrote:best part so far is arresting people who door-creating-staff into armory during a wiz round while they shockedpikachu.png thinking wiz round means MRP disappears
i do that on low RP. worst thing that can happen on a wizard round is when the whole crew has guns and it mulligans. although i usually just straight up kill armory intruders. if summon guns or events happens i just give up on everything.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?