Appeals which have been closed.
loganmott

[Doctor Brutality] Kerbert Dabbins - Perma Banned

Post by loganmott » #549773

BYOND account: Loganmott
Character name: Kerbert Dabbins
Ban type: server ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: released non sentient spiders and kudzu as a nonantag scientist.Disconnected when questioned why
Time ban was placed: 2020-03-08 23:09:22
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 131799
Your side of the story: i was trying to make kudzu and the spiders were a mistake i didn't have pest spray. but the reason i unleashed the kudzu in the station was the the shuttle just arrived.
Why you think you should be unbanned: i thought it wouldn't be a big deal because the shuttle was about to leave and no one would die. and it was 11pm eastern time so i didn't notice the admin.
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Re: [Doctor Brutality] Kerbert Dabbins - Perma Banned

Post by pugie » #550305

Hi, thanks for appealing.

So your reasoning for releasing kudzu that led to the deaths of multiple crew by covering most of the station is

"i thought it wouldn't be a big deal because the shuttle was about to leave and no one would die. and it was 11pm eastern time so i didn't notice the admin."

The first part is at least somewhat understandable. A blob caused the shuttle to not depart. However releasing kudzu or similar weapons of mass destruction as a non-antag is very bad.

Also, the notion that your self antagging grief would be ok if an admin wasn't online is rather concerning. Presence of an admin shouldn't dictate whether you should follow rules or not & you seem to not care about following rules anyways because you disconnected as soon as you were bwoinked.

You have accumulated over 100 hours on this server and you should know by now this type of conduct isn't acceptable. Your history is rather clean, and you did bother to make an appeal, so I'll go out on a limb and lower this to a 2 week ban when I'm in game later, but if you really care about not getting banned read our rules and follow them from this point forwards.
Last edited by pugie on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.