[Jimmius] Twottle_Birb Can't gang members Boh bomb if they don't intent to hurt anyone in the gang?

Appeals which have been closed.
Twottle_Birb
Byond Username: Twottle_Birb

[Jimmius] Twottle_Birb Can't gang members Boh bomb if they don't intent to hurt anyone in the gang?

Post by Twottle_Birb » #549855

Twottle_Birb
Fangarctia Liebherri
server
used the BoH bomb stack to bomb cargo for \"hoarding guns\", eating basically the entire station and tanking the server.
17:16
Event Hall
I was a member of the Monarch family and I thought cargo went independent because they had lethals lying around and cargo banners. I thought they were in another gang and saw 2 bags of holding. I put one inside the other, creating what I thought would be a small anomaly that would only destroy cargo. It was much bigger and severely lagged the server.
I believe my ban is unfair because I was acting within the rules for antags. If I was not I believe my ban should at least be shortened.
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Re: [Jimmius] Twottle_Birb Can't gang members Boh bomb if they don't intent to hurt anyone in the gang?

Post by Jimmius » #549856

This is the size of the BoH before I deleted the singularity, and it was showing no signs of stopping. I figured you were using the exploit to stack BoH bombs together to create a giant explosion, as that is the only way I have seen anything of this size before. From your ahelp logs, you said you were doing it because "cargo was hoarding guns", which is a valid reason to beat them up or whatever, but as a team antag, killing yourself and also deleting the entire station along with you counts as "working against your team".
Are you sure it was just a single BoH inside another BoH?
Twottle_Birb

Re: [Jimmius] Twottle_Birb Can't gang members Boh bomb if they don't intent to hurt anyone in the gang?

Post by Twottle_Birb » #549857

yes and i also had no idea any monarchs would be taken out by it
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #549858

Holy fuck
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #549859

alright, I believe you. I was under the impression this was an exploit, because of the size of the explosion and the fact you stopped replying to ahelps, but that was probably due to the monumental amount of lag in hindsight. I got this wrong for sure, I'll be lifitng the ban and removing the note. Thanks for the understanding.
Twottle_Birb

Post by Twottle_Birb » #549862

thanks