Appeals which have been closed.
Pickleman420
Byond Username: Pickleman420

[nervere/ban evasion detection] Pickleman420 - Perma

Post by Pickleman420 » #550346

BYOND account: Pickleman420
Ban type: Every server/ban evasion
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned by host:Reason:(Stickyban) You or another user of this computer or connection (2haku) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: haku, evader This ban was applied by nereve This is a BanEvasion Detection System ban, if you think this ban is a mistake, please wait EXACTLY 6 seconds, than try again before filing for an appeal
Time ban was placed: I think march 19 as march 18 I was able to connect
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Your side of the story: I think why I was marked as a ban evader is the VPN I use (NordVPN) had me connect with the same IP as 2haku, I also got an old account (Pickleman360) which I lost the password to for awhile but I recently recovered it (Dont know if that contributed to being marked a ban evader though)
Why you think you should be unbanned: Even though I do not have a promo code for internet security I feel I should be unbanned as this was a mistake made by the ban evasion detector.
References of good conduct: Played for a few hundred hours across my new and old account

EDIT: Turned VPN off and on and im unbanned, looking how to delete this post
EDIT 2: idk how to delete my post lol
Edit 3: My accounts banned again both with the VPN on and off
Edit 4: My account seems to only be banned on manuel
Edit 5: My account is banned on manuel, sybil and sybil 2
Edit 6: Cant join Bagil but EU servers still work
Edit 7: Can no longer join EU servers, ima stop adding edits
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [nervere/ban evasion detection] Pickleman420 - Perma

Post by Vekter » #550461

Dude, you have like 104 IPs you've connected from. NordVPN is going to eventually recycle an IP address and if this haku guy used the same VPN, you'll eventually hit one. Are you banned without using the VPN right now?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Pickleman420

Post by Pickleman420 » #550473

Ive been using a VPN for about a year now without any issue but now I am able to connect to the servers without issue once again, thanks for the help!
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #550491

Didn't really do anything tbh. I'd just turn it off while you're playing ss13.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Pickleman420

Post by Pickleman420 » #550855

I can play but now I get banned for ban evasion a few minutes after joining with a vpn off D:
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #550865

My bad on not replying to you earlier! I've exempted you from the ban detection as it's a result of you being caught due to your VPN. You should be careful with using VPNs as a lot of ban evaders and bad faith actors use vpns to try to circumvent their bans, resulting in you eventually being caught on their bans which can require an admin manually removing it(like in this situation)

Regardless, I've exempted you from the ban in question and you should be able to play the game again. Enjoy it and be careful in the future!
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #550866

Note, you are exempted only from the ban you were matching, if you continue to use a vpn you will end up matching another ban and getting auto banned again.

also note: this system is byond wide, any server that ever banned 2haku (he pissed off alot of them) using the byond stickyban system will see you as their alt, forever, and nobody will ever be able to 100% trust that you aren't.

basically what i'm saying is stop fucking using a vpn because eventually you won't be able to talk your way out of these bans.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: