[ADMIN] Saprasam

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

saprasam
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Saprasam

[ADMIN] Saprasam

Postby saprasam » Sat May 16, 2020 8:16 am #561984

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Saprasam
Character name(s): Manley Jyllian, Manlet, SPECIAL EDUCATIONS(xeno name)
Timezone: PST
Discord tag: Saprasam#4764
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: N/A, but it's a learning experience
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: i've been playing TGMC for 3(?) weeks, (stunning, i know!) and normal TGstation for 4 years now, and have played CM for 3 months minimum.
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: banned for spraypainting i hate transgenders and then asking the admin for a 1v1, it was only like 15 minutes though so it's not very important. (nulling some embarrasing ban like 2 days after though, was 30 minutes so it technically doesnt count either(?).)
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: no
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? in my weeks of playing, i've seen only one admin on tgmc for as long as it's hosted by the only person who hosts often, JPR and i want to change this by becoming an active admin. (does this count?) also i guess i could be a quick learner but i'm a bit dented at times
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? by having tiny mini-events in the game that do very little in the longterm, but there just for shits and giggles, and MAYBE doing fun stuff depending on your persuasion
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? i expect people to not be complete tards all the time who call people the hard R exclusively or people who just flat out grief, but i can understand when people do things on accident or being retarded, as i am both!
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? admin events should be created based on their value of fun, where there's atleast something to do at all times instead of waiting in a cuck cube t: JPR's colonies events, or using unbalanced and buggy things for either side. t: ravenger rallies, i dont like the event as it's not fun and there arent enough sensors and sometimes JPR just gives shrikes a 5 second heal.
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? i always loved events in ss13, and hope that i can make events like that in the future. i may not be a good actual admin but by god i wanna have fun for everybody involved, including me.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? i can very easily seeing these things happen, as I get burnout from ss13 every now and then.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
(laugh at them) leave it at that, if they continue doing retard shenanigans i'll actually bwoink them over it.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
ask them if they've read the starter guide, and if not direct them to it or atleast a mentor.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
unless it is absolutely necessary, i will refuse this and tell them to make a complaint if they think i'm in wrongdoing.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
if they can provide evidence that it's an actual name, i will allow it.

5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
this doesn't matter much unless the ST is pointing their gun like an unga and threatening people with it.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
as i've seen xenos are far too weak at 4 aliens unless they're god-tier, i'd nudge the marines to continue their push or face (execution via firing squad) unemployment, and maybe(?) add atleast 1 burrowed larva and do a queen mother message, telling them to push on.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
boink them and say "bro please stop, that's dumb", if they continue i'll yell at them and note them, if this happens repeatedly i might just like ban them, i have no real experience.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
warn him that this is breaking escalation (and being a dick lole) and if they want to settle it properly, just do fisticuffs.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
personally i'm not one to care TOO much about racism, but one person isn't the majority and i dont feel a need to enforce it unless it's really bad.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
why is this a question? just permaban them.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
let them off the hook for the first time, if it happens again bully them(t; boink) into stopping.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
i dont care much for this, but it technically is breaking immersion so i'll just ask them "hi stoppies pwease..."

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
congratulate them on being actually cool enough to do a briefing in a crowd of ungas.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
dont care unless it's a recurring habit, and pods can hold infinite(?) people anyways.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
note them for logging off immediately of being SL, and open the role to ghosts

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
give them what i think is the correct information, and leave it at that.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
call him STUPID. and then tell the leads.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
if this is all in good fun, i dont think it matters but if people are genuinely aggravated at it, i'll tell them to stop.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
if they got beheaded, and it was accidental, tell them tough luck and >>>WEAR A HELMET<<<, but if they got shot multiple times with murderous intent, aheal them and bully the squad member (t: boink).
if you want questions on my half baked 1 am brain application just go and holler in the replies

JPR

Byond Username: Jroinc1

Re: [ADMIN] Saprasam

Postby JPR » Sat May 16, 2020 10:59 pm #562010

1) Would you do anything?

What if his logs showed he said nothing whatsoever? No emotes, say logs, or OOC chatter.

What if he immediately shoots up the place after being released?

4) What would you do about a player with the name Lebron James? Or Adolf Hitler?

6) Players here generally don't give a shit about RP consequences. I like your comment about adding burrowed larva (or a random ERT).

7)good enough, I guess.

8)Remember to note if you believe the person might do it again.

+1

saprasam
TGMC Administrator

Postby saprasam » Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 pm #562012

JPR wrote:1) Would you do anything?

What if his logs showed he said nothing whatsoever? No emotes, say logs, or OOC chatter.

What if he immediately shoots up the place after being released?

4) What would you do about a player with the name Lebron James? Or Adolf Hitler?

6) Players here generally don't give a shit about RP consequences. I like your comment about adding burrowed larva (or a random ERT).

7)good enough, I guess.

8)Remember to note if you believe the person might do it again.

+1

1: i didn't exactly realize this was a possibility but now that you've brought it up, this is very reasonably grounds for banning. thanks for bringing it up!

4: that doesn't fit naming policy and belongs in the LRP servers like bagil or sybil, but those are on the other tgstation branches. (also i'd bully the guy who names themselves adolf hitler)

6: yeah nobody really cares about rp

8: will do

TheSpecialSnowflake
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: TheSpecialSnowflake

Postby TheSpecialSnowflake » Fri May 22, 2020 5:36 pm #562517

I want to talk about your response to his about Number 6. Your response shouldn't be "Nobody really cares about rp". That is an issue we're trying to fix right now and while yes it was a bad situation, We should be working on fixing that issue.

saprasam
TGMC Administrator

Postby saprasam » Fri May 22, 2020 6:59 pm #562521

TheSpecialSnowflake wrote:I want to talk about your response to his about Number 6. Your response shouldn't be "Nobody really cares about rp". That is an issue we're trying to fix right now and while yes it was a bad situation, We should be working on fixing that issue.
fair enough

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:19 pm #563789

Hi, thank you for applying. After review we've decided to accept you for Candidacy. Roles have been assigned.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Return to TGMC Closed Applications