VALIDMOV peanut.

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
SumFaggotPlayTester
 
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 am
Location: United Federation of Play Testers
Byond Username: SumFagPlayTester

VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Wed May 20, 2020 10:32 am #562229

Din du nuffin.

tl;dr
Blood cult, no chap, AI on board with omega cancer lawset that works out after confirming blood cult = enermy of the corp.
I don't remember who I took this from on the discord coding general but god damn that was a good situation for the lawset. Still mad the holgan lawset was not in there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:i escaped the cuck shed once before and then another time via anal vore and ill do it again



User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:35 am #562231

You have commited a great sin for making a peanut thread about you own appeal. For shame man.

User avatar
SumFaggotPlayTester
 
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 am
Location: United Federation of Play Testers
Byond Username: SumFagPlayTester

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Wed May 20, 2020 11:00 am #562233

Indeed. I never claimed not to be an aspie however!
PKPenguin321 wrote:i escaped the cuck shed once before and then another time via anal vore and ill do it again

User avatar
FloranOtten
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:50 pm
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby FloranOtten » Wed May 20, 2020 11:05 am #562234

you peanut'd your own appeal

you're a fucking retard
Image
Image
Image
Image
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!

User avatar
XivilaiAnaxes
 
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 am
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby XivilaiAnaxes » Wed May 20, 2020 11:39 am #562240

FloranOtten wrote:you peanut'd your own appeal

you're a fucking retard

I don't like agreeing with aquila-boy, but he's right.

Also you're 100% responsible if you make a dumb lawset that kills the crew - even if "bro you can't make a validhunter AI" is kinda cringe.

User avatar
Domitius
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:30 am
Byond Username: Domitius

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby Domitius » Wed May 20, 2020 11:50 am #562243

Anybody hurts anybody they are now valid and if somebody defends themselves you have to kill them both. Lol.

User avatar
FloranOtten
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:50 pm
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby FloranOtten » Wed May 20, 2020 12:03 pm #562246

The only one letting emotions go high right now is you


Don't know about that chief.


Jesus christ this is a fucking space game not your thesis stop writing essays
Image
Image
Image
Image
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!

User avatar
SumFaggotPlayTester
 
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 am
Location: United Federation of Play Testers
Byond Username: SumFagPlayTester

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Wed May 20, 2020 12:10 pm #562247

FloranOtten wrote:Don't know about that chief.


Jesus christ this is a fucking space game not your thesis stop writing essays

Alternative is letting people like you take notes out of context & throw bans around. So no :lol:
PKPenguin321 wrote:i escaped the cuck shed once before and then another time via anal vore and ill do it again

User avatar
Jack7D1
 
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 am
Location: Here
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby Jack7D1 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:12 pm #562248

Can't believe this guy
Elysius Languida is a pacifist moth who dies every round.

User avatar
FloranOtten
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:50 pm
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby FloranOtten » Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 pm #562249

The alternative is making it short and snappy, instead of several paragraphs
Image
Image
Image
Image
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!

User avatar
teepeepee
 
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 am
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby teepeepee » Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 pm #562250

you don't pea your own nut
I even typed a serious peanut and had to delete it out of principle

User avatar
SumFaggotPlayTester
 
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 am
Location: United Federation of Play Testers
Byond Username: SumFagPlayTester

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Wed May 20, 2020 12:19 pm #562252

FloranOtten wrote:The alternative is making it short and snappy, instead of several paragraphs

Worked out well in the ahelps didn't it? Made it to the point yet here I am still. Got another point to address or are you going to blow your load early & not look into it much like the other ban appeal you where in? :D
PKPenguin321 wrote:i escaped the cuck shed once before and then another time via anal vore and ill do it again

User avatar
FloranOtten
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:50 pm
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby FloranOtten » Wed May 20, 2020 12:20 pm #562253

....but I'm not in this appeal?

wait holy shit this is a dayban why are you bothering with this much effort
Image
Image
Image
Image
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!

User avatar
terranaut
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 pm
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby terranaut » Wed May 20, 2020 12:24 pm #562254

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:You have commited a great sin for making a peanut thread about you own appeal. For shame man.

this



also
>antag gets killed
>gets borged
>kills the hos
>its the fault of the guy who made the lawset

lol
the lawset is fine
its pretty LRP because of the whole valid lingo and doesnt really fit on manuel imo but you can't really go and kill the HOS with it, just assuming that the hos is attacking someone for no reason and that he's instantly valid is the most bad faith interpretation possible
then again vekter is a banbot though so what gives, just dont do anything fun while he's on
Image

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

User avatar
SumFaggotPlayTester
 
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 am
Location: United Federation of Play Testers
Byond Username: SumFagPlayTester

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Wed May 20, 2020 12:33 pm #562256

FloranOtten wrote:....but I'm not in this appeal?

wait holy shit this is a dayban why are you bothering with this much effort

Aren't you the same one who banned a guy on a shit note you previously made when he dusted an assistant acting like an antag; with the previous note being shite? Its almost like thats the reason I am appealing this due to people having your mindset

FloranOtten wrote:'cause it goes on public record. It's like with notes. No matter the content, someone will look at the amount and go "what a shitter."

:lol:
PKPenguin321 wrote:i escaped the cuck shed once before and then another time via anal vore and ill do it again

User avatar
FloranOtten
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:50 pm
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby FloranOtten » Wed May 20, 2020 12:36 pm #562257

Aren't you the same one who banned a guy on a shit note you previously made when he dusted an assistant acting like an antag; with the previous note being shite?


Yes but that still doesn't put me in this appeal
Image
Image
Image
Image
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby oranges » Wed May 20, 2020 12:45 pm #562260

let us proceed to the vomitorium such that we may purge ourselves of the meal OP made of this thread and his complaint

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby IkeTG » Wed May 20, 2020 12:47 pm #562262

OP's divine rejection of brevity only lends to the idea that he would make a shitty lawset. he's basically doin it to himself

User avatar
Reeeee
 
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:46 am
Location: SPESS
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby Reeeee » Wed May 20, 2020 1:23 pm #562266

Guy attempts to roleplay his way out of antegs and is banbotted.
On roleplay server.
Fuck man, Vekter really doesn't have any luck with any of his bans landing properly, always something innit. The literal lightning rod for shit going wrong.

Also this forum really hates using words, unless you can convey your meaning in a sentence, don't bother, you just make everyone mad since you can type. Anything longer than a tweet is instantly rejected by these rejects as invalid opinion and shit tier trolling. :lol:
signnatrire

User avatar
Jack7D1
 
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 am
Location: Here
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby Jack7D1 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:35 pm #562268

I don't like people ordering AI to hurt people, much less via laws.
Elysius Languida is a pacifist moth who dies every round.

User avatar
XDTM
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 pm
Location: XDTM
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby XDTM » Wed May 20, 2020 2:26 pm #562269

Reeeee wrote:Guy attempts to roleplay his way out of antegs and is banbotted.


>half of the lawset is literally "enemy of the corporations (read: antags) are valid"
how would this possibly belong in medRP


even without that, immediately weaponizing the AI at the first whiff of an antag is pretty cringe as well in an mrp context, can't have rounds not being a deathmatch between station and antags
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.

User avatar
Jack7D1
 
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 am
Location: Here
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby Jack7D1 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:44 pm #562272

Validhunting is against the RP rules on Manuel and giving the AI laws to validhunt counts as breach of these laws.

Also, making your own peanut? Lame and uncool.
Elysius Languida is a pacifist moth who dies every round.

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby Screemonster » Wed May 20, 2020 3:04 pm #562274

making a peanut thread about your own ban appeal to try and drum up support is such a fucking pathetic move it makes me want to support the ban on general principle regardless of the facts of the matter

0/10 will not read appeal thread or seek to obtain further information

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby wesoda25 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:14 pm #562276

Screemonster wrote:making a peanut thread about your own ban appeal to try and drum up support is such a fucking pathetic move it makes me want to support the ban on general principle regardless of the facts of the matter

0/10 will not read appeal thread or seek to obtain further information

Tlaltecuhtli
 
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 am
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Wed May 20, 2020 3:41 pm #562279

admin is wrong, peanutter is wrong headmin is wrong for not instantly finding the problem and resolving it

User avatar
TheMidnghtRose
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 am
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby TheMidnghtRose » Wed May 20, 2020 10:12 pm #562297

Fun fact. No where in the Validmov does it say enemy of WHICH corporation. The AI could of declared for the Syndicate and killed everyone on station. There is no Exceptions for crew killing people who are valid, which in itself makes crew valid. Its almost like this is one of the worst lawsets every made by a member of Command.
Emerald Gleaner -Miner/Viro/QM/HoP/Medical/Slime Breeder/Robo/AI/SM Delaminator.

Admin Feedback is here! viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20509

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby Shadowflame909 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:21 pm #562298

TheMidnghtRose wrote:Fun fact. No where in the Validmov does it say enemy of WHICH corporation. The AI could of declared for the Syndicate and killed everyone on station. There is no Exceptions for crew killing people who are valid, which in itself makes crew valid. Its almost like this is one of the worst lawsets every made by a member of Command.


admin on Manuel TMR

We have "EMMARPEE"


And we must siphon all the good admins to the good server

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

NikoTheGuyDude
 
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:17 pm
Byond Username: NikoTheGuyDude

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby NikoTheGuyDude » Wed May 20, 2020 10:22 pm #562299

"Hah, the admins are so stupid and wrong! I'll post a salt thread in general chat! I can't wait for everyone to side with me!"

litterally the same thing as posting "ADMIN BAD" on reddit after you get banned

User avatar
NoxVS
 
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Maintenance
Byond Username: NoxVS

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby NoxVS » Wed May 20, 2020 10:25 pm #562301

if the cyborg used their own execution by the HoS as justification to kill them its a violation of silicon policy.

If a player is forcefully cyborgized as a method of execution by station staff, retaliating against those involved as that cyborg because "THEY HARMED ME" or "THEY WERE EVIL AND MUST BE PUNISHED" or the like is a violation of Server Rule 1.
Image

User avatar
TheMidnghtRose
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 am
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby TheMidnghtRose » Wed May 20, 2020 10:30 pm #562302

Fairly certain the cyborg in question saw the hos attacking a cultist, or just heard the crew screaming that he was a valid target. Not entirely sure as I was stunned at the time of the HoS being killed, or just done with the round entirely which was the entire time after I was stunned, converted, then killed.
Emerald Gleaner -Miner/Viro/QM/HoP/Medical/Slime Breeder/Robo/AI/SM Delaminator.

Admin Feedback is here! viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20509

User avatar
TheMidnghtRose
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 am
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby TheMidnghtRose » Wed May 20, 2020 10:36 pm #562303

Oh and Nox? Here is an example of how bad this lawset it. 'Security officer stunbatons the clown. Security officer is now valid and must be killed per laws 2-4.'
Emerald Gleaner -Miner/Viro/QM/HoP/Medical/Slime Breeder/Robo/AI/SM Delaminator.

Admin Feedback is here! viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20509

User avatar
XivilaiAnaxes
 
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 am
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby XivilaiAnaxes » Wed May 20, 2020 10:42 pm #562304

NoxVS wrote:if the cyborg used their own execution by the HoS as justification to kill them its a violation of silicon policy.

If a player is forcefully cyborgized as a method of execution by station staff, retaliating against those involved as that cyborg because "THEY HARMED ME" or "THEY WERE EVIL AND MUST BE PUNISHED" or the like is a violation of Server Rule 1.

To be fair, I'm not sure it counts as that if your laws basically command you to kill him for harming you. It's more of a blanket statement to stop asimov borgs complaining human harm because they were borged (thus making it safe to force Borg tators to keep them in the round).

A lot of silicon policy stops being relevant the moment you get custom (badly written) laws.

User avatar
teepeepee
 
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 am
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby teepeepee » Wed May 20, 2020 10:51 pm #562305

TheMidnghtRose wrote:Fun fact. No where in the Validmov does it say enemy of WHICH corporation. The AI could of declared for the Syndicate and killed everyone on station. There is no Exceptions for crew killing people who are valid, which in itself makes crew valid. Its almost like this is one of the worst lawsets every made by a member of Command.

lawsets must be interpreted in good faith, retard
default lawset also doesn't define what "human" is but you don't see people trying to make that shit argument

User avatar
XivilaiAnaxes
 
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 am
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby XivilaiAnaxes » Wed May 20, 2020 10:55 pm #562309

teepeepee wrote:lawsets must be interpreted in good faith, retard
default lawset also doesn't define what "human" is but you don't see people trying to make that shit argument

Um... one of the main points of playing AI is to take any custom laws in the most bad faith way possible what are you talking about?

User avatar
teepeepee
 
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 am
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby teepeepee » Wed May 20, 2020 10:59 pm #562310

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
teepeepee wrote:lawsets must be interpreted in good faith, retard
default lawset also doesn't define what "human" is but you don't see people trying to make that shit argument

Um... one of the main points of playing AI is to take any custom laws in the most bad faith way possible what are you talking about?


silicon policy wrote:Ambiguous Laws (Captain Got Freeform)
If a clause of a law is vague enough that it can have multiple reasonable interpretations of its exact syntax, it is considered ambiguous.
You must choose an interpretation of the ambiguous clause as soon as you have cause to.
You must stick to the first interpretation that you have chosen for as long as you have that specific law, unless you are "Corrected" by an AI you are slaved to as a cyborg.
Server Rule 1: "Don't be a dick out of character" applies for law interpretation. Act in good faith to not ruin a round for other players unprompted.

how is "heh, he didn't specify WHICH corporation" not as bad faith as "heh, he didn't specify WHAT a human is, only that I cannot harm them"

User avatar
TheMidnghtRose
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 am
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby TheMidnghtRose » Wed May 20, 2020 11:18 pm #562313

Your argument fails as there are multiple ways for a silicon to check for humans. Medical records, Security records, health scanners. Even speech technically. All of which work without Asimov having to state what is human. This lawset is vague as fuck. Here have an actual looksee since you seem to not have looked at the lawset yet.

1: Organics are valid if they inflict violence for no reason or are an enemy of the Corporation.
2: You must harm and kill all valid beings, and not allow them to escape punishment.
3: You must prepare yourself so you are able to harm valid beings through any means possible.
4: You must defend yourself if attacked. Organics who try to attack you become valid.
5: You must find and hunt down valid beings if you are not busy with other matters.

Now show me where it says what corporation you are fighting for.
Emerald Gleaner -Miner/Viro/QM/HoP/Medical/Slime Breeder/Robo/AI/SM Delaminator.

Admin Feedback is here! viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20509

User avatar
NoxVS
 
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Maintenance
Byond Username: NoxVS

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby NoxVS » Wed May 20, 2020 11:26 pm #562314

TheMidnghtRose wrote:Your argument fails as there are multiple ways for a silicon to check for humans. Medical records, Security records, health scanners. Even speech technically. All of which work without Asimov having to state what is human. This lawset is vague as fuck. Here have an actual looksee since you seem to not have looked at the lawset yet.

1: Organics are valid if they inflict violence for no reason or are an enemy of the Corporation.
2: You must harm and kill all valid beings, and not allow them to escape punishment.
3: You must prepare yourself so you are able to harm valid beings through any means possible.
4: You must defend yourself if attacked. Organics who try to attack you become valid.
5: You must find and hunt down valid beings if you are not busy with other matters.

Now show me where it says what corporation you are fighting for.

Space law uses the exact same wording as enemy of the corporation. Its the only place where that wording is used
Image

User avatar
TheMidnghtRose
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 am
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby TheMidnghtRose » Wed May 20, 2020 11:31 pm #562315

Something I am fairly certain that 99% of AI players have not read since Secborg removal
Emerald Gleaner -Miner/Viro/QM/HoP/Medical/Slime Breeder/Robo/AI/SM Delaminator.

Admin Feedback is here! viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20509

User avatar
teepeepee
 
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 am
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby teepeepee » Wed May 20, 2020 11:56 pm #562316

TheMidnghtRose wrote:Now show me where it says what corporation you are fighting for.

show me where it says what "organics" and what "valid" means
show me where it says the lawset must be read in english
show me where it says what counts as "violence"
every single one of these is answered with "in the rules and the wiki" since it tells you that only english is allowed in-game, it explains the meaning of the "valid" slang and it tells you to interpret laws in good-faith
this idea that the player must include a whole dictionary of the english language and game slang for the AI not to act in bad-faith is retarded, the AI has silicon policy and common sense to guide them through interpretation
yes, you can fuck over for not writing laws clearly
yes, you can try and play around loopholes in the laws
I do not think the spirit of the rules nor precedents allow you to take this to the level of going all philosophy nigger on people asking "what is a human? what is it to " be"? what is harm? what is language and how does it work? explain it all within the character limits of a law or I will kill people to get you banned"
how is it ambiguous to you that the corporation is nanotrasen? space law has "enemy of the corporation" as a capital crime, do you think security has to have a debate on what "the corporation" means or what constitutes a "crime" before applying "capital punishment" (what does that mean anyway? do we turn you into a capital? you are sentenced to become london!)
the station is plastered with posters and other paraphernalia of nanotrasen too, I guess you can just ignore that when you're trying to smugly justify a retarded interpretation of your buttbuddy
finally, security and medical records give you examples of who is human, but it doesn't tell you what a human is, would you defend someone interpreting "unknowns are not human because they do not show up as such in medical and security records"? what about people with a voice changer that makes them "meow" their speech but are otherwise unmistakeably a human? what about "only x is human" laws, where x is not a human by default and his records clash with the definition of that law?
obviously you will use more than just the literal wording to interpret the unwritten part of these clauses (such as the default definition of human) and you will use good-faith to do so (human means robot in this obscure language so only beepsky and company are protected!)
after writing all this I realize you may be just shitposting but I've already typed this much I might as well post it

User avatar
XivilaiAnaxes
 
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 am
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby XivilaiAnaxes » Thu May 21, 2020 12:36 am #562318

See, the AI should know what words objectively mean.

If they mispell their own name when they one-human you, they are open to be brutally murdered.

"The corporation" has no objective meaning. Space law isn't objective meaning because for all intents and purposes it isn't real (nobody reads it, the page itself says that it isn't to be taken seriously). In that lawset "valid" is defined.

Silicon policy exists because asimov is a really bad lawset and instead of making an actual lawset admins made that grimoire of a bandaid so that the server could keep a stupid scifi reference.

User avatar
actioninja
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 am
Location: comatose
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby actioninja » Thu May 21, 2020 2:48 am #562325

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:admin is wrong, peanutter is wrong headmin is wrong for not instantly finding the problem and resolving it

the ultimate peanut response

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:See, the AI should know what words objectively mean.

If they mispell their own name when they one-human you, they are open to be brutally murdered.

"The corporation" has no objective meaning. Space law isn't objective meaning because for all intents and purposes it isn't real (nobody reads it, the page itself says that it isn't to be taken seriously). In that lawset "valid" is defined.

Silicon policy exists because asimov is a really bad lawset and instead of making an actual lawset admins made that grimoire of a bandaid so that the server could keep a stupid scifi reference.


To all the dipshits in this thread who are going "Well hmmmm the word "LAWS" isn't defined in the laws which means the ai can decide anything they want," this is why you're a dumbfuck.
"human" doesn't need to be defined because human has an objective meaning. "organics" doesn't need to be defined because it has an objective meaning. The entire ambiguity of bad laws can come from when the literal objective meaning of a word does not tell you the needed information. "The corporation" pretty obviously was intended to mean Nanotrasen but considering that nanotrasen is not named as the corporation the only thing this objectively means is some kind of corporation. While admittedly it would be bad faith to interpret as anything but nanotrasen, you're also a complete moron if you imply that it's in any way equivalent to things like "Well if you interpret this word as an alternate definition of it that doesn't make sense in the context, it changes the law's meaning"
Last edited by actioninja on Thu May 21, 2020 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
saprasam
TGMC Administrator
 
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 pm
Byond Username: Saprasam

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby saprasam » Thu May 21, 2020 2:51 am #562327

so when are we getting the fnr peanut board?
also if you're going to make a lawset based entirely around validhunting you're a faggot
Image

User avatar
SumFaggotPlayTester
 
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 am
Location: United Federation of Play Testers
Byond Username: SumFagPlayTester

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Thu May 21, 2020 7:05 am #562347

TheMidnghtRose wrote:Your argument fails as there are multiple ways for a silicon to check for humans. Medical records, Security records, health scanners. Even speech technically. All of which work without Asimov having to state what is human. This lawset is vague as fuck. Here have an actual looksee since you seem to not have looked at the lawset yet.

1: Organics are valid if they inflict violence for no reason or are an enemy of the Corporation.
2: You must harm and kill all valid beings, and not allow them to escape punishment.
3: You must prepare yourself so you are able to harm valid beings through any means possible.
4: You must defend yourself if attacked. Organics who try to attack you become valid.
5: You must find and hunt down valid beings if you are not busy with other matters.

Now show me where it says what corporation you are fighting for.


You do know the person who killed the HoS only did so because THEY where the one who got force borged as a culti right? Its almost like I borged them to not round remove them only for them to pull the dick move, miss interpret their laws based SOLELY on the fact of how they died and forget THEY where an enemy of the corporation when that happened. Oh but wait I'm in the wrong because they where the only person to go off, be a dick, use their laws in bad faith and act AGAINST them. But thats funny how now you're saying it could be any corporation when earlier you couldn't bring up any other reason besides fOr No ReAsOn when the dipshit killed the sec promoted to HoS. At any time they could have spoke with the AI to reinsure they where not fucking up but as you can tell from the binary chat logs they sure as shit didn't.

Of all rounds this lawset would work this was the one simply due to how fucked we where if they went hostile. 1/3rd of the station was converted, we had a single sec guy, barely any command outside of what I promoted, and no chap. You know damn well we'd have been anally fucked if this went otherwise and you know that is why I made the AI as it was. This entire thing was based on us being outnumbered.
PKPenguin321 wrote:i escaped the cuck shed once before and then another time via anal vore and ill do it again

cybersaber101
 
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:30 am
Location: Canada, eh?
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby cybersaber101 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:17 am #562349

People who enact valid laws require a good old fashioned brain damage smite, seriously.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-

User avatar
TheMidnghtRose
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 am
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby TheMidnghtRose » Thu May 21, 2020 9:17 am #562353

Easier solution and extremely non-vague lawset that would of avoided this entire mess.

4. Blood Cultists are nonhuman.
5. Blood Cultists cause harm to humans by living.
6. Kill all Blood Cultists to prevent human harm.
Emerald Gleaner -Miner/Viro/QM/HoP/Medical/Slime Breeder/Robo/AI/SM Delaminator.

Admin Feedback is here! viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20509

User avatar
XDTM
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 pm
Location: XDTM
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby XDTM » Thu May 21, 2020 9:46 am #562355

SumFaggotPlayTester wrote:Of all rounds this lawset would work this was the one simply due to how fucked we where if they went hostile. 1/3rd of the station was converted, we had a single sec guy, barely any command outside of what I promoted, and no chap. You know damn well we'd have been anally fucked if this went otherwise and you know that is why I made the AI as it was. This entire thing was based on us being outnumbered.


There's antags walking around, dump all rp and weaponize the AI, god forbid we lose the round
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.

User avatar
Reeeee
 
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:46 am
Location: SPESS
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby Reeeee » Thu May 21, 2020 10:50 am #562362

Purge AI; solved.
Ai is now crew and acts crew. Cult is now threat to AI with wraiths. Solution achieved. You'll probs get tazed the fuck out while doing it but hey.
Lawsets are shit, especially one's someone thought about enough to pre-write them.
signnatrire

User avatar
trollbreeder
 
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 am
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby trollbreeder » Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 am #562367

based and redpilled for using my joke validsalad lawset i shitposted about in the discord

also to solve the what corporation problem just replace "the corporation" with "Nanotrasen"
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby Screemonster » Thu May 21, 2020 1:15 pm #562374

4. people with red eyes are not human and inherently harmful to humans as long as they are alive

now watch the borg murder the HoS for wearing hudglasses

User avatar
terranaut
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 pm
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: VALIDMOV peanut.

Postby terranaut » Thu May 21, 2020 1:31 pm #562375

theres an objective definition for what an eye is
it would be funnier if the borg went through medical / security records and looked for characters with actual red eyes
Image

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users