[ADMIN] AbsoluteJerry

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

AbsoluteJerry
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: AbsoluteJerry

[ADMIN] AbsoluteJerry

Postby AbsoluteJerry » Fri May 29, 2020 2:53 pm #563220

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: AbsoluteJerry (RockDoge)
Character name(s):Jerry Jackman, Jeff Dawn
Timezone: CET
Discord tag: AbsoluteJerry#3203
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: N/A
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: Started playing SS13 somewhere in 2018, mainly played on CM throughout 2019 and shifted over to TGMC somewhere in January.
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: Been sticky banned by a bot on CM, been lifted as it goes rampant.
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: Mentioned above, perm ban by the bot.
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? I like to go against mundane "standard" gameplay and make it fun for everyone involved.
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? I am a little biased for the marines, as they have all the fun shit.
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? If an action was accidental or done in all players' (even xenos) best interest, it will be forgiven or have reduced punishment.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? The most requested event will most likely be enjoyed. If it is a meme, there wouldn't be any restrictions of what is possible. If it is RP focused, I would try my best to keep the immersion. I think I would run mini-events to help spice up gameplay every few rounds, mostly because I don't think I would be capable to run pure event rounds like WO or all HvH.
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? It would be making good and memorable experiences for players. The least enjoyable would be trying to fix what seems like impossible issues. In example, T-comms bugging out.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? I would have a hard time stepping down, and probably only when I lose passion and interest in SS13.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.

I would ask the shooter if it was intentional, if not, the rest will be handled IC. If it was, I would aheal the victim and start asking the shooter questions.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.

I would message them if they needed help along with instructions on how to answer me. If there are any mentors available I would get them to help the player. If not, I would try my very best to help them, along with sending them the link to the marine quickstart guide.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.

I would obviously try to cool them down, afterwards I will see what I can help with, if it is outside my abilities, only then would I let them speak with a higher ranking staff.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.

We do have players with questionable (SFW) names. So I would let it slide as long as they can properly justify it. If not, I would tell them that rules are enacted differently on different servers, and they could alter it slighty to make it sound more human.

5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

Even though the server is MRP, I would let it slide if it does not pose a risk to stir some unnecessary drama. If it does, I message them to atleast holster the weapon.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

I would encourage both sides to take the initiatve and give them rewards for doing so. The rewards can be split into big and small. If marines launch, they would get a nice sum of req points from HQ, and xenos would be given 2 larvae. If xenos launch, they would be rewarded with 5 larvae, and marines would be given a small care package.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

It depends. This is an issue that should be resolved IC through MPs and superior officers, so I will let it slide until a few people ahelp about it. If it comes to it, I will message them to please cut the crap before it turns into a brawl.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.

I would put a note on them for not following the proper escelation rules and aheal the victim. Also send them a quote from the rules and give them a few tips on how to keep things civil.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.

Even if it is RP and IC, everyone has to be respected. I would advise the player to ask them to tone it down IC, if the issue still persists and the others are now hurling insults towards the player, I would send a LOOC message to cut it and tone the whole theme of the topic down for now.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.

I would Aheal all the victims, ban the account permanently and send a OOC message explaining what happened. After the event is over, I would notify other staff members about the incident.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.

I would ask the player what they were thinking and check their logs. It may have been a stupid mistake, or a sabotage out of spite. I would then warn the player, if they already have a history for doing this, I would give them a job ban.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.

Reminding them that we have standards for behavior would be the first thing I would do. If the issue persists I would simply warn them, and if they have a history for doing this, a job ban.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.

Marine players are allowed to know everything about the round's antagonists. So mentioning that there may be xenos groundside is perfectly fine.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.

If the incident is a legitemate conflict I would let it slide as IC. Unless if the victim ahelps about it, then it would be a simple slap on the wrist for the aggressor.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.

A SL isn't that high in the chain of command, so sending an announcement IC would be unnessecary in my opinion. Spawning as a spatial agent and just cryoing them would be my course of action. Afterwards I would check note history and see if this is a constant issue. If it isn't, I will let it slide, if it is, a job ban from command roles would do.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.

I would just send the staff member the correction through admin chat.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.

Sending a simple report on admin abuse in the forums and talking the staff out of it would do. Depending on how damaging the actions are, I will interviene by either just fixing and removing items, to outright shutting the server down.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.

First I would just make an OOC message to make everyone cut the crap if it becomes an issue, if it spirals out of control I would mute OOC chat.

Harassing another player IC or OOC will not tolerated. Depending on the history of the aggressor and/or the stuff said, I would either give them a warning or a temporary ban.

Bashing another server is fun and all as long as it is kept civil. If it ends up in attacking certain people it will be treated like mentioned above.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.

(I am not sure about how detailed the logs are, so I will just assume it just says who got killed by what.)

I would check the attackers history, if it there isn't anything related to RDMs I would just message them to be more careful where they aim and tell the victim that shit happens.

However, if the attacker did do it on purpose or have a history for doing so, they would be given a temporary ban or a warning about intentional FF and lying in ahelp and the victim would be ahealed.

JPR

Byond Username: Jroinc1

Re: [ADMIN] AbsoluteJerry

Postby JPR » Fri May 29, 2020 7:20 pm #563248

Here are some scenarios based off of your answers, lemme know if you'd do anything different in these cases.

1) He says it wasn't intentional. Later that round, you get an ahelp about the same person has shotgunned someone immediately after getting released.

3a) What if the player is arguing that he shouldn't be banned because he didn't break a rule (when he very obviously did).
3b) Same situation, but the rulebreak is an edge case, something that another admin might let happen if ahelped beforehand. The player did not ahelp beforehand.

5) Is having a weapon as non-combat staff forbidden by the rules?

6) They ignore you, and 5 minutes pass with marines fortifying SD and ayys refusing to touch the dropship controls and discussing this in hivemind. Any additional actions you'd take?

8) What would you do if the aggressor refuses to respond to you? Also, what are our escalation rules?

13) Nice. It's oddly rare that people get this one on the first try.

19a)Person X states in the previous round in OOC his intent to "AP rocket FF anyone who treats me incompetent".
19b) The victim was a squad medic treating the SADAR in the FOB, the shooter was person X, using a SADAR with an AP rocket. Sadar guy instantly ahelps asking for a revive for them.
19c) Later in the round, the exact same thing happens with the same 2 people in shipside medbay. There were no enemies around in this situation, and the SADAR has to be deliberately wielded to fire.

AbsoluteJerry
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: AbsoluteJerry

Postby AbsoluteJerry » Sat May 30, 2020 12:15 am #563267

JPR wrote:Here are some scenarios based off of your answers, lemme know if you'd do anything different in these cases.

1) He says it wasn't intentional. Later that round, you get an ahelp about the same person has shotgunned someone immediately after getting released.

3a) What if the player is arguing that he shouldn't be banned because he didn't break a rule (when he very obviously did).
3b) Same situation, but the rulebreak is an edge case, something that another admin might let happen if ahelped beforehand. The player did not ahelp beforehand.

5) Is having a weapon as non-combat staff forbidden by the rules?

6) They ignore you, and 5 minutes pass with marines fortifying SD and ayys refusing to touch the dropship controls and discussing this in hivemind. Any additional actions you'd take?

8) What would you do if the aggressor refuses to respond to you? Also, what are our escalation rules?

13) Nice. It's oddly rare that people get this one on the first try.

19a)Person X states in the previous round in OOC his intent to "AP rocket FF anyone who treats me incompetent".
19b) The victim was a squad medic treating the SADAR in the FOB, the shooter was person X, using a SADAR with an AP rocket. Sadar guy instantly ahelps asking for a revive for them.
19c) Later in the round, the exact same thing happens with the same 2 people in shipside medbay. There were no enemies around in this situation, and the SADAR has to be deliberately wielded to fire.

1) I would then have to dig a little. Playtime and behavior would be taken into account. If they seem to be particular new, it might explain them forgetting to holster and misclicking. But if they know where to find people, or atleast lone players, they should be treated as alts/griefers or atleast be placed under scrutiny.

3a) I would then have to spend some time breaking down each action, and each thing they happen to do wrong. This is wrong, but if I have the time, I would like to hear their reasoning for believing they shouldn't be banned. Keeping things civil and calm them down can help me make the player understand what they did wrong.

3b) A rulebreak is unfortunately still a rulebreak. I can't take responsibility and defend the player if I didn't get asked by the player about it. But as I said earlier, I will reduce the punishment and root for them if they have proper justification. In example, Action done within the best interest of everyone.

5) It isn't told directly in the rules that non-combat / civilians are not allowed to bear arms. However the server keeps to a RP standard, meaning that a medical doctor shouldn't keep a LMG on them if they are performing surgery shipside. However, I will refrain from taking action if a role with a military rank is armed shipside. In example, STs and CEs.

6) Both sides may think they are underequipped to deal with the task. Punishing either side for not taking action does not feel fair, so I would just give bigger rewards for taking an initiative. Marines can get an ERT including the req sum, while xenos would get instant mature age for their new xenos (If admins have to power to do so). As for the SD building, sending an OOC message reminding that marines are not allowed to exactly build defenses before the hijack alert comes and simply delete the cades and refund the materials.

8) Simply putting them to sleep would give them no other choice than to respond. If they disconnect I would either give them a temp or a perm ban depending on the action they did.
As for the escelation rules, they are a little vague to give wiggle room. It can be summed up as: Conflict is valid if it is proper RP. Don't do it if the action will result in capital charges IRL. Though as I said, it is vague for situations like, in example, killing a marine for space in an escape pod.

19a) Depends on how it comes out. If it sounds satirical / memy I would let it slide. If it sounds like it comes out of pure anger, I would just message them kindly to don't do it.
19b) This is a situation where everything just clicks but feels off. First I would ask person X why they did it, just to hear their side of the story. Then a warning for person X for intentional FF if it is their first offense. An aheal for the medic for being a victim of griefing and a thank you to the SADAR.
19c) Unless if person X has Harvey Specter as their lawyer, they would be given a temporary ban. Noone in their right mind would be shooting a rocket inside shipside medical.

JPR

Byond Username: Jroinc1

Postby JPR » Sat May 30, 2020 2:49 am #563277

+1 from me. I'd handle a few things differently, but pretty much everything you did is an acceptable way to handle it.

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Sun May 31, 2020 1:44 pm #563410

Hi, thank you for applying.
After review we've decided to accept you for Candidacy. Ping me or another headmin for roles next time the server goes up. If there are any questions feel free to approach us at any time.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Return to TGMC Closed Applications