[ADMIN] Soldierboy2

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Soldierboy2

Byond Username: SoldierBoy2

[ADMIN] Soldierboy2

Postby Soldierboy2 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:24 pm #563745

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Soldierboy2 [current], Marazmus172 [lost], Evil_Pickle [so old I don't know how it wasn't deleted]
Character name(s): John Sharp, Peter 'Kommandant' Muller
Timezone: +10 AEST
Discord tag: Tachanka0012 #1138
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: I was a discord admin for a PS4 DayZ RP group. didn't last long due to the owners tendency to go back on plans
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: I have played TGMC for about 3-4 months [I don't know exact time] and for space station 13 ive been playing for about 3-4 years
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: Yogstation for being an idiot as security, resulted in a 24 hour ban
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: Paradise Station: wrote messages around the station as lawyer that were anti command and broke the HRP standards. Aurora Station: improper HRP
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? I believe that with the time I have played space station 13 and especially within the last few months I have improved to a standard that would be applicable for an admin to show. I also believe that I can interpret the rules correctly and make it so that everyone can have fun on the server without the fear of Greifers and rushers from the enemy team
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? I would like to improve on my combat skill. I am so far from being perfect at combat but with time comes experience
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? I hold marines to the standard of not early opening. I have attempted to enforce this as a captain. I believe that there should be a punishment for this because it can tip the scale for the whole game meaning that the game is flawed or ruined. I believe that a timeout or a marine temp ban should be imposed on people who early open multiple times.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? at least once a week. even a small HvH or XvX event would be enough to keep things fresh.
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? as someone who has done it before I feel like the hardest part is not getting mad or retaliating to people who find it is a good idea to insult the admins.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? I would probably only stop if the sever ends or if I have a problem making it so that I cannot play games for a long time. however I will be able to tell when ive had enough. I can decide when and I feel like it is going to be a while but stuff happens.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
question the players involved and check to make sure it was not intentional greifing. if it was then a warning or ban may be in order. If it was a misclick then a suggestion to keep their guns safety on would be the alternative
2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
refer them to a mentor or guide them towards the setup room
3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
ask them to calm down before attempting to contact a higher admin. if one is not available explain to the irate person the situation and attempt to solve it, if one is available let them take over
4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
tell them that this server is different and the name must follow the naming rules. if they continue to protest, forcefully change their name and issue a warning

5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
ask them to return the gear. if they refuse alert the ingame authorities such as the captain or Military Police
6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
give the sides ultimatums depending on the situation. allocate a reward for an attack such as extra points for supply or balance the game by getting them to make room for a siege xeno such as boiler to break the stalemate
7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
this seems like a job for the Military Police but it would make sense to issue a warning to stop and make a note.
8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
inform him that that is against the rules. warn him if it is his first time and if this persists or is a continuous problem. a ban may be in order and the situation should be handled as fast as possible
9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
let the person making the joke know that although most people are enjoying the joke that some people can get offended and ask them to stop the jokes.
10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
Ban them immediately. this is griefing and is strictly against the rules. Aheal all killed in the situation
11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
Warn the Larva and tell them to remain in a safezone until after they become a tier 1.
12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
although this is TGMC and this happens daily. you have to remind them that that language does not match the character they are playing and politely request that it stop
13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
[again not a surprise because this is TGMC] remind them that the marines know nothing of the threat on the planet and that further mentions of the xenos will be treated as metagaming
14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
I don't see a reason to get involved in this or to issue warnings however I would ask them to please not use this situation to kill any friendly's too often.
15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
Subtle message someone to bring him to cryo and check to see if this a repeat offense. if it is administer a job ban or question the individual when they next get on
16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
reopen the ticket and correct the information while politely informing the other admin or use the admin chat to inform them of the mistake so that they may correct it themselves
17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
report it to a head staff member so that an appropriate punishment can be handed out and the situation can be dealt with
18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
ask them to stop as that is against the rules. playful banter is ok however bullying is not
19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
Check the logs and take the situation statement. compile all of it and check if it was true. if not then administer a punishment to the player that caused the FF. if all things check out let the other player know what has happened and ask the offending player to check their fire as doing this ruins other players fun

JPR

Byond Username: Jroinc1

Re: [ADMIN] Soldierboy2

Postby JPR » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:59 pm #564134

A couple of additional scenarios for you.

1. The MP's haven't detained him, instead 3 other soldiers murder him in a firefight leaving one of their number in crit. The initial shooter DC'd. Logs show the initial shooter took no actions besides shooting randomly and getting shot.

5. You alert the CO and ship via an announce. They do nothing, and you hear chatter along the lines of "because he's marine personnel", "he's willing to carry it", "why does TGMC care?" and "what's TGMC gonna do about it".

6. Specific scenario- 6 ayys, 14 humans. Humans have fled to the ship and show no signs of leaving. You overhear chatter about "We can't call an ERT due to insufficient threat". One of the marines decides to kill other marines (with their full consent) to allow calling an ERT, then revive the dead marines and heal them before it arrives.

8. The marine doesn't respond to your initial message, but heads straight to the frontline to fight more ayys. However it's obvious that he's a reasonably experienced SS13 player due to skill level.

11. The larva has one prior note for this from about a month ago. The player's been on TGMC for ~1 month.

13. The command player asks if there's an event going on, you tell him no. He then puts out over comms that "TGMC told me we don't know about ayys, but to expect the usual drop, and we all know what that means".

14. The other player ahelps that he was murdered by the initial player. Upon checking the logs, the first player and second player did interact about the seat, however it's clear that the second player didn't expect the first one to break server rules and murder a teammate. The killer has one previous relevant note for improper escalation from 2 months ago.

19a)Person X states in in OOC his intent to "AP rocket FF anyone who treats me incompetent". Person X has a roleban for a different role due to intentionally delimbing people in friendly fights pre-drop.
19b) Next round, a FF case happens. The victim was a squad medic treating the SADAR in the FOB, the shooter was person X, using a SADAR with an AP rocket. Sadar guy ahelps within 5 seconds of the hit asking for a revive for them.
19c) Later in the round, the exact same thing happens with the same 2 people in shipside medbay. There were no enemies around in this situation, and the SADAR has to be deliberately wielded to fire.

Soldierboy2

Byond Username: SoldierBoy2

Postby Soldierboy2 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:08 am #564144

Q1. ban the initial shooter for griefing.
Q5. subtle message the captain alerting him of the rules and that he must RP the situation correctly.
Q6. no softballs huh, well id inform them that although they are consenting to being killed that this would make an unfair situation as the xenomorphs would be heavily outnumbered seeing that there are only six.
Q8. message him again. if he refuses to answer further messages a temp ban will be required as he cannot kill people for a punch then avoid admins.
Q11. provide one more warning and mark it. if they seem content on doing it more a job ban will be required
Q13. tell him if he continues to metagame that there will be consequences.
Q14. give him a temporary ban and warn him that one more situation will lead to a permanent ban
Q19a) warn him that if he does go through with this threat that he will be banned for griefing.
Q19b) ask why they were hit by a sadar. if the person says they misclicked and didn't mean it be skeptical but allow the revival.
Q19c) either Jobban or Temp ban the offender and make a note to watch that player in the future

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:54 am #564611

Hey, thank you for taking the time to apply. After reviewing and discussion we have decided not to accept your for Candidacy. Thank you for your interest.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Return to TGMC Closed Applications