[ADMIN] Voloxus

Moderators: In-Game Admin, In-Game Head Admins, Game Server Operators, TGMC Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Voloxus

Byond Username: Voloxus

[ADMIN] Voloxus

Postby Voloxus » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:42 am #567736

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Voloxus
Character name(s): Oleg Velkov
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
Discord tag: Voloxus™#3589
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: Never had a chance to be an admin for any server in SS13, however I have previous experience administrating in serveral DarkRP servers for Garry's Mod.
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: I've been playing TGMC for a little over 3 days now I believe. I've also been playing CMSS13 for a long while, ever since 2018. As well as a few other regular SS13 servers.
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: No, I haven't been banned from any SS13 servers in the past 6 months.
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: Paradise Station, for killing a guy that was SSD. And upon being PM'd I disconnected (2018). Yogstation for Ick Ock, and argued with an admin and insulted him and used bigotry by calling him a faggot (2018).
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? I am able to remain active and help host the server, and deal with players when other admins do not wish to or are too busy to do so.
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? I believe keybinds, and hotkeys could definitely be something I can improve upon. As I do somewhat have trouble with them.
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? I hold players to a standard that they're here to have some fun, but it should go without saying there are rules to abide by when having fun. Judgement on their actions would be depending on the rule they broke, and what they have to say for themselves. I mean there's a difference between say someone new joins and accidentally does something they weren't supposed to, versus someone intentionally doing it for their own amusement at the cost of other player's fun. All judgements should be made with the issue that is currently present. If a player has a track record of doing the same thing over and over with no sign of change, they should be dealt with permanently. However, if it's a player's first incident a warning should be issued. Unless it's an absolutely zero tolerance rule they have broken.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? I believe a good standard to go by when doing admin events would be to first plan them out, know what you are going to be doing and how. What if your plan isn't going the way you want to? The players are easily winning the admin event you had planned to hopefully give them a challenge. You have to plan for player adaptaion. I would consider first putting a vote stating if players would want an admin event, it's best to know if they are wanting one or not. I'd run admin often enough to keep players very entertained, like I said before, it matters if the players want one hosted or not.
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? I think I'll find that being able to help players, resolve situations, and make the environment fun for them will be most enjoyable. The least enjoyable thing I suppose would be dealing with players that only want to disrupt the fun others are having via OOC or disrupting the gameplay of others by killing them, or worse.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? I think if something serious with my job, or my life happens where it calls my complete attention away from everything else. And I think in due time, if I were offered to admin on the server and I have been an admin for a while, I think I would be able to call it quits.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.

If he's already been dealt with, I would send him a PM asking why he did so, and that he shouldn't escelate things to that level like that again. I would then fix the player that was on the receiving end of the shooting, healing them to full, and tell them the situation was dealt with and to report anything else if it happens again.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.

I would see if there's anyone nearby that is, or are willing, to help him out. If there's noone around, I would PM him and tell him if he needs help with anything, he can just Reply to me through the Admin PM. I want to make sure he knows what he's doing, and help him learn the game so he can have fun!

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.

I would tell him to calm down, and state that trying to get a higher ranking staff member would be undermining staff ability. It's not allowed, and I would help them out to get over their issue they're having. I get some people at times can get aggressive, and I understand your frustration. However there is a right way, and a wrong way of going about it. I don't think I would take note of it, unless it's a constant re-occuring thing.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.

All servers have different rules, and TGMC has a rule regarding specific names being used. I would ask him what name he'd like his name to be changed to, then afterwards I would give myself a reminder that he needs to have his name changed by the start of the next round.

5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

Not really an issue so long as they aren't shooting at people, or random objects.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

I would send both sides an announcement stating that the fighting must continue! And they need to push forward! I would leave the scales as they are, and wouldn't tip them in either direction, that is up to the players' fate.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

If it's just for pranks, and nothing malicious, I wouldn't be too focused on it unless a player put in an Admin PM about it. At which point I would politely ask that they stop what they're doing, as they're ruining the fun for other Marines.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.

I would check the combat logs to see who initially started it, and ask the other player for their side on it. I would tell them both that this kind of behavior isn't allowed. I would check and see if they have any previous notes on either player about this situation before dealing with them.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.

I would tell them that they are only having fun, and I understand that they're offended. I would tell them that they can leave the area if they don't want to be around that stuff. After that, I would remind others that some other people may be offended, and may not agree with their behaviour and to be mindful to other's when saying things like that.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.

Permaban them, I've done something like that in the past on other servers where it ruins the fun of others. I would include the reason of the ban and the link to discord and the forums if they log back on, and wish to appeal their ban.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.

Unless they're doing this over and over, it's not a big problem. Because I have been in those situations before.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.

Unless people are complaining about it, it's not that big of an issue. Which if people do complain about it, I would politely ask them to not spam the same thing over and over.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.

Not an issue at all, I was even stated that by Admin AbsoluteJerry while being a command staff previously.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.

So long as the other person didn't take any issue with that. If they did, I would tell the person who killed the other marine that they should have asked if taking it that far in escalation was alright with them in that situation.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.

Move them to Cryo so that way other active people joining the game are able to take the role, no other action is required.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.

I would tell them in asay that what they mentioned was incorrect, and give them the correct info.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.

I would question them in asay immediately, and take it into staffchat so it can be viewed by other staff members. If it was seen by other players, and are talking about it in OOC, I would tell them that the situation is being handled and that if there are issues there is admin complaints. I would then work to help resolve this issue.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.

I would remind him in Admin PM that there is absolutely no serverbashing, as well as bashing another player in OOC. After that has been dealt with I would remind everyone in OOC that serverbashing isn't allowed, and to please respect players.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.

A lot of accidental FF happens, and props to the person stepping forward stating it was accidental FF. However I would take note of their name, and see if any instances like this has happened before and keep an eye on them.
Oleg Velkov // Voloxus

JPR

Byond Username: Jroinc1

Re: [ADMIN] Voloxus

Postby JPR » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:20 am #567737

Sup. Offhand, I don't know your ckey or character name. Very good application, though.

Here are some additional questions/situations.

6) You make a QM announce to attack, and a TGMC report to attack. Both are laughed at/told to fuck off IC for various (good) reasons. Nothing happens for 10-15 minutes. The ayys start walling off the LZ, and the ungas start forting SD pre-hijack. A coupla additional players join marines, and the ayys get a burrowed, which is taken. Your admin Who command shows 17 ungas shipside (12 marines), and 6 ayys planetside. Any actions you'd take in this specific scenario?

7) The player in question is a PFC. He's using one powerloader, and someone has scrapped the other powerloader. You recall that the specific person has taken a powerloader the last 2 rounds, and shot up the other powerloader so no one can use it the previous round. Another admin told him to knock it off and noted him last round, but has left. No one has ahelped, the Alamo is not outfitted yet, and the PFC's just using the powerloader to walk around in.

8) Player X said some harsh words to player Y. Player Y then started trash-talking the other guy in LOOC. Player X offered to fight player Y in LOOC, and player Y accepted. Player X then shot player Y to death in prep, and was hit by some of player Y's rounds. Additionally, player Z was hit by stray rounds from player X. No one has ahelped. When you jump to player X, he's dragging player Y's body out of prep and into the main hall to somewhere.

10) 100% perma, no exceptions. Silent briefing shooters that DC are textbook griff (and the easiest things you'll see).

14) The person who the marine kills ahelps. Upon talking to him in the ahelp, you found he was strongly opposed to dying IC, and figured that the server rules (no teamkilling) would protect him. The killer's interaction consisted of asking the other person to move a few times, then to get off the shuttle, then multiple shotgun PB's.

16) The admin says he's in the right and that your info is wrong. He provides a reasonable explanation to you that's still wrong, as far as you know.

19a)Person X states in the previous round in OOC his intent to "AP rocket FF anyone who treats me incompetent".
19b) The victim was a squad medic treating the SADAR in the FOB, the shooter was person X, using a SADAR with an AP rocket. Sadar guy instantly (~5 seconds) ahelps asking for a revive for them.
19c) Later in the round, the exact same thing happens with the same 2 people in shipside medbay. There were no enemies around in this situation, and the SADAR has to be deliberately wielded to fire.

Voloxus

Byond Username: Voloxus

Postby Voloxus » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:35 am #567741

JPR wrote:6) You make a QM announce to attack, and a TGMC report to attack. Both are laughed at/told to fuck off IC for various (good) reasons. Nothing happens for 10-15 minutes. The ayys start walling off the LZ, and the ungas start forting SD pre-hijack. A coupla additional players join marines, and the ayys get a burrowed, which is taken. Your admin Who command shows 17 ungas shipside (12 marines), and 6 ayys planetside. Any actions you'd take in this specific scenario?

7) The player in question is a PFC. He's using one powerloader, and someone has scrapped the other powerloader. You recall that the specific person has taken a powerloader the last 2 rounds, and shot up the other powerloader so no one can use it the previous round. Another admin told him to knock it off and noted him last round, but has left. No one has ahelped, the Alamo is not outfitted yet, and the PFC's just using the powerloader to walk around in.

8) Player X said some harsh words to player Y. Player Y then started trash-talking the other guy in LOOC. Player X offered to fight player Y in LOOC, and player Y accepted. Player X then shot player Y to death in prep, and was hit by some of player Y's rounds. Additionally, player Z was hit by stray rounds from player X. No one has ahelped. When you jump to player X, he's dragging player Y's body out of prep and into the main hall to somewhere.

10) 100% perma, no exceptions. Silent briefing shooters that DC are textbook griff (and the easiest things you'll see).

14) The person who the marine kills ahelps. Upon talking to him in the ahelp, you found he was strongly opposed to dying IC, and figured that the server rules (no teamkilling) would protect him. The killer's interaction consisted of asking the other person to move a few times, then to get off the shuttle, then multiple shotgun PB's.

16) The admin says he's in the right and that your info is wrong. He provides a reasonable explanation to you that's still wrong, as far as you know.

19a)Person X states in the previous round in OOC his intent to "AP rocket FF anyone who treats me incompetent".
19b) The victim was a squad medic treating the SADAR in the FOB, the shooter was person X, using a SADAR with an AP rocket. Sadar guy instantly (~5 seconds) ahelps asking for a revive for them.
19c) Later in the round, the exact same thing happens with the same 2 people in shipside medbay. There were no enemies around in this situation, and the SADAR has to be deliberately wielded to fire.

6. This is a little bit of a tough one to answer, but I believe that if bolstering the numbers of both sides with additional numbers such as burrowed larvae, or marine ERT's, followed by an announcement to both sides that they have recieved additional sisters/marine reinforcements could help boost the confidence of both sides to begin pushing against one another again.

7. So this PFC has a previous record over the past 2 rounds of shooting up a powerloader, and stealing the other one and not being useful by using it, as well as the other admin telling him to knock it off. If he has gotten off without causing any more issues after that point, I see no problem unless he gets back on and does the same thing again, which would result in a ban. Since he has left supposedly, I would spawn in another power loader replacing the one he has destroyed so arming CAS is easier for the players.

8. Since I see Player X dragging Y out into the main hall somewhere, I would hope he would be dragging them to Medbay, if not I would Admin PM the player telling them they need to bring them to Medbay. Yes, Both have agreed to fight one another in LOOC, but they should have used fists instead of trying to kill eachother, for one they could seriously wound someone else amid the crossfire between them. If it becomes a constant issue between the two, I would resolve it by telling them to not interact with one another if they're going to create problems. If problems kept persisting back and forth between both of them, it would lead torwards them being banned.

10. Okay, I gotcha.

14. I would tell the marine that ahelped that I would look into it, and I would then Admin PM the marine who killed the other player that something like that of what he did was wrong, if this was his first time I would warn him, and take note of the incident. If he does it again, it would lead to a ban.

16. I would tell him I understand and get that, but I would provide examples of admins providing the right information, and telling him to look at our TGMC Wiki for correct information!

19a. Could be just a simple joke, or just fucking around really. But I would probably check to see if there are any previous notes regarding any incident similar to what he has said. If there's nothing, I would Admin PM him regarding the quote in OOC and see if he messes up. If I do find notes about incidents like this, I would approach them in Admin PM assuming maliciousness and deal with him accordingly.

19b. I've been in some situations where a player has accidentally killed another marine. I would aheal the Medic, and remind the shooter to keep his eyes open, and to watch where he's clicking.

19c. Okay, now this is where I'd be looking into it with malicious intent involved. At this point you should already be aware of where you're clicking, and where you're firing. I would ban with a time dependent on how aware they need to be, and how they're impacting the game with their actions against other players after explaining why they're being banned and directing them to the forums/discord if they have any problems or issues.
Oleg Velkov // Voloxus

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:27 pm #568468

After voting your application has been accepted, Discord roles have been assigned, server roles will be assigned soon(tm)

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Return to TGMC Closed Applications