[ADMIN] Dolth

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, TGMC Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Dolth

Byond Username: Pette

[ADMIN] Dolth

Postby Dolth » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:07 pm #568819

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Pette

Character name(s): Earl Jones / Dolthgar 'Fire' Folk

Timezone: EU West

Discord tag: Dolth

Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: Around 2011, co-founder of a HL²RP server on Gmod (before kids invaded the glorious game), for about 9 months, then we stopped, then re-opened for 6 months.

How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: TGMC, a very little time when it opened, then now for a few days. I played Aurora station for a couple of weeks around 2014 then I play CM here and there since 2015.

Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: Not within the past 6 months.

Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: No.

Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? I have basic administrating knowledge, I also ensure the players have fun while rules are respected and I suppose that's what admins should do.

What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? I suppose I could play bigger responsabilities roles to be more present within the general RP situations, also it always bring more fresh air to have new guys in these positions.

What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? I place honesty above all. If an old player claims he didn't know yelling "ayyylmao" isn't welcomed then he is more likely going to be warned/noted rather than a new player doing so.

What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? In my opninion, admin events should be made after a vote. Events are meant for the players enjoyment and if more than half doesn't want one, then I shouldn't make one. I don't really know how often admin events should be held but I believe once per week end should do the trick. Either way asking for the public opinion is a solution to answer this question.

What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? From what I understand, an admin is required to host the server. I just want players to be happier than before by enforcing rules, hosting on my timezone, and doing events when most wants.

No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? I am quitting my job to restart some studies for 3 years about september and I have no idea how it will go. I suppose I will have enough time but if my studies require more time then I might have to quit admining if ever accepted.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:

1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
I'll investigate the reason of the shootout. If it's properly escalated then I'll leave it. If not, the shooter will have a warning/note depending if he did it again or not beforehand. He will also be dealt ICly by MPs. The shot will be ahealed.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
I'll try to ask a mentor or a moderator to help them out. If none are online, I will PM him and ask if he knows the server. If he doesn't, I'll briefly explain how things works and tell him to be sure to check the rules before continuing.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
If I am directly involved in the ahelp initial reason, then I will either way ask for another staff member's opinion on the topic. If I am not, I'll tell him that it is not necessary and he should remain civil through ahelps since we're here to help and also enforce the rules, which he might break if he continues being rude, cf rule number 1.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
I'll tell him that I am simply enforcing rules and I just cannot make any exception. Although, I will encourage him to make a screenshot of the whole conversation and take it to the forums. If other staff members are online, I'll ask real quick. You never know.

5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I will investigate why he's doing so. If there is no justified reason (which is likely since green & no threat), then I will remind him it is against the rules and ask him to promptly put it back where he found it.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I'll stimulate both xeno and marines with a Queen Mother message, then a High Command message. If they still do not move, I'll order them both to engage.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
I'll make sure MPs are aware AND going to investigate, as it is an IC issue. If no MP are online, I'll PM the said marine and warn them to stop the shenanigans until MPs are online, or if the other disarmed marines are bantering aswell.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
I'll explain him how proper escalation works (fist>knife>gun). Also I'll insist on how LRP it is, and LRP isn't much welcomed here. Finally, I'll aheal the dead marine. Regarding on the player veterancy, I'll proceed to note/warn. If a recent note/warn exists for the same reasons, I'll ask if he was explained the escalation system/LRP. At this point I am not too sure if a ban or another warning is required and I'll probably contact other staff members for their opinion.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
I'll make an OOC reminder that racist comments aren't much welcomed according to the rules and it would be nice if it was kept down before I have to do something more than an OOC reminder.
Then I'll PM the allegedly offended player and tell him it was handled, he should ahelp again if they continue and take a screenshot, just in case.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
I'll aheal everyone and gather as much information as I can on the shooter, talk about it with other staff for a fitting punishment (even though I really want to permanently ban this behavior, then talk later).

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
I'll ask if the Queen or any other xenos asked him to come to the frontline. If not, which is likely, I'll remind him going to the fight as a larva is close to suiciding as a xeno and not tolerated. Next time will be met with more than a warning.
Although that's bluff, and he will not noted.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
I would give an OOC reminder that LRP phrases sur as "Lurker(124) hisses, "Ayyylmao" and "Larva(845) hisses, "Reeee" are both LRP sentences and therefor not welcome on the server and if they continue they will be forcing me to do my job.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
I will remind him his character doesn't know they are going on a xeno infested planet and should avoid talking upon OOC knowledge until his character knows so.
Again, I'll check notes and add a warning if he has already been warned for the same thing. If not, then a simple verbal warning would suffice since it's not such a big deal.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
Now I see this as a dick move yet fully IC. If it has been roleplayed quite well, then I totally believe killing someone to save your own in a life or death situation is more than realistic. And so on I'll explain this to the dead marine if he ahelps.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
I'll notify with IC means MP or medical staff or any onboard staff about it and suggest they cryo him.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
I'll talk about it to him and try to show him if the information is wrong, I'll also ask other staff member what they think of it. If he understands, then I will suggest him to correct himself to keep it professionnal.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
I would gather as much information as possible and present it to the other staff as an excel/proper file.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
I'll roughly explain how this is being a dick and therefor not accepting in the server, and that he's on his way on getting a note if he doesn't quit bashing.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
I will check through logs (if there is any way to get them quickly) if there was any xeno nearby. If not, I will check the position of the corpse and roughly check if there was any skirmish recently. If there was and it connects to the shooter explainations, then I will have to leave them be and explain it was FF or at least there is no proofs of deliberate fire. If there was no skirmish/xeno next to the body, then I will ask how the FF happened while there was no combats.
Depending on how blattant the situation is, a warning/note will be issued.

JPR

Byond Username: Jroinc1

Re: [ADMIN] Dolth

Postby JPR » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:27 pm #568861

1) How many MP slots are usually taken on a normal round?

4) I like this answer.

5) The ST tells you that no, he's allowed to have the weapon, and that you're a new admin who hasn't actually read the rules.

6) You make a QM announce to attack, and a TGMC report to attack. Both are laughed at/told to fuck off IC for various (good) reasons. Nothing happens for 10-15 minutes. The ayys start walling off the LZ, and the ungas start forting SD pre-hijack. A coupla additional players join marines, and the ayys get a burrowed, which is taken. Your admin Who command shows 17 ungas shipside (12 marines), and 6 ayys planetside. You order both sides to attack a second time, and they still ignore the orders. Any actions you'd take in this specific scenario?

7) Why is this worth admin intervention, if no one's ahelped, and no one seems to be upset? Hell, why is it worth removing someone from the round in this specific situation via "MP".

10)Wordless briefing shooter who DC's = permaban. That's what we have the forums for.

12) What's a lurker? That's not an alien (at least not here~). What's an "excessive" amount to you?

13)Um. Why? The only reason IC we're here is to hunt xenos. Marines get a bioscan listing number of xenos at roundstart.

14)The marine who killed the other marine has 2 notes for teamkilling friendlies for dubious reasons. The person who ahelped is extremely upset because he thought the server rules would protect him. The "RP" was entirely one-sided by the aggressor, and while well-written, wasn't responded to before he buckshot PB'd the other guy and dragged his carcass off.

15)How specifically would you notify people IC? PM'ing people? Spawning in as a spatial agent? Command announcement?

16)The admin says he's in the right and that your info is wrong. He provides a reasonable explanation to you that's still wrong, as far as you know.

19a)Person X states in the previous round in OOC his intent to "AP rocket FF anyone who treats me incompetent".
19b) The victim was a squad medic treating the SADAR in the FOB, the shooter was person X, using a SADAR with an AP rocket. Sadar guy instantly (~5 seconds) ahelps asking for a revive for them.
19c) Later in the round, the exact same thing happens with the same 2 people in shipside medbay. There were no enemies around in this situation, and the SADAR has to be deliberately wielded to fire.

Dolth

Postby Dolth » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:26 am #568922

1) How many MP slots are usually taken on a normal round?

Literally none since MP is a removed job. BUT. The question implies there are MP in the example and as far as I know the military laws are still written and in place on the wiki. So if for some reasons (and according to the example) MPs actually are for some reasons in place and brigging someone, then you have my answer.
Spoiler:
Military Police/Command Policy

The MP force in TGMC makes use of Military Law. They shouldn't commit any crimes that have a victim, nor ignore that type of crime. They should try to come up with a good IC motivation for any laws they break.
All of MPs and command are expected to work towards the success of the mission. Arbitrarily limiting gear, such as weapons or attachments, or arresting marines for petty things such as unsecured equipment are examples of non-fitting behavior.

Also,
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/TGMC:Military_Law

4) I like this answer.

Thank you.

5) The ST tells you that no, he's allowed to have the weapon, and that you're a new admin who hasn't actually read the rules.

Well there are indeed no explicit rules saying a ST/doctor/any non-combattant role cannot have a weapon on green level.
But since the server is meant to be MRP and there is no reason at all for him to use any guns (beside being an antag, which isn't his case), then he shouldn't.
If he wants to have guns, best case scenario, he can prepare his prefered loadout in a locker and use it whenever the situation requires it. If the gun closets only opens on red alert, it is for a reason.
Again, he is more than encouraged to take screenshots of the conversation and take it up to the forums or even to the Discord chat after the round end for a civil discussion.

6) You make a QM announce to attack, and a TGMC report to attack. Both are laughed at/told to fuck off IC for various (good) reasons. Nothing happens for 10-15 minutes. The ayys start walling off the LZ, and the ungas start forting SD pre-hijack. A coupla additional players join marines, and the ayys get a burrowed, which is taken. Your admin Who command shows 17 ungas shipside (12 marines), and 6 ayys planetside. You order both sides to attack a second time, and they still ignore the orders. Any actions you'd take in this specific scenario?

Pretty sure the Queen has to obey what the QM says as much as a xeno needs to obey a direct order from the Queen. But either way if both sides don't want to attack I'll just make a vote to call it a draw since they don't want to play their own game and suggest to restart the game. Afterall, we're here for the players to enjoy the game.

7) Why is this worth admin intervention, if no one's ahelped, and no one seems to be upset? Hell, why is it worth removing someone from the round in this specific situation via "MP".

The initial question didn't mention that no one would be upset, because if no one is upset at all, it indeed doesn't need any intervention.
Although, people will most likely get upset from this and will most often PB each other. If there is any IC reason for the theft, which is unlikely, then it will be dealt ICly (and god I hope I won't have to deal with a PB situation).
If there are no reasons for the theft (much more likely if multiple theft/disarming), then there is probably no IC reason for it, which makes it fall under rule 1, don't be a dick.
PS: I mentionned MP if they ever get re-introduced for some reasons since, as said above, there are still rules/wiki related to them. That's why I involve "MP" in my answers.

10)Wordless briefing shooter who DC's = permaban. That's what we have the forums for.
I wasn't sure of TGMC policies but that's really fine by me, I can do that.

12) What's a lurker? That's not an alien (at least not here~). What's an "excessive" amount to you?
A lurker is the CM equivalent of the hunter on CM, used to be hunter aswell.
Honestly, if I somehow see an alien saying "Ayyyylmao" or "Reeeeeee" even once I might give them a litte headsup it's not a welcomed behavior.
But if three, four, or just the queen says it (which is most likely what happens.), then I'll do an OOC reminder under the global form stated above.

13)Um. Why? The only reason IC we're here is to hunt xenos. Marines get a bioscan listing number of xenos at roundstart.
Yup yup that's my bad, I am way too used to NOT having the first contact knowledge. Nevermind.

14)The marine who killed the other marine has 2 notes for teamkilling friendlies for dubious reasons. The person who ahelped is extremely upset because he thought the server rules would protect him. The "RP" was entirely one-sided by the aggressor, and while well-written, wasn't responded to before he buckshot PB'd the other guy and dragged his carcass off.
If the "RP" was entirely one-sided then it means the victim didn't attack, nor give any reasons for a PB which falls into the Escalation rules, CF below.
Since the agressor already has two notes for teamkilling, he will spend 3 days outside the server (after checking what's the general ban policy with other staff.)
Spoiler:
Escalation

The game mode is based on factions versus factions, as opposed to antagonist paranoia. Shenanigans must be kept harmless. If they end up with harm of same-team members, making their job severely more difficult or annoying (such as stealing essential gear), or depleting resources in ways that negatively affect the team, then they have crossed the line.

Legitimate conflicts do happen from time to time. This can mean a disagreement or even a brawl. The key to determining if they are valid or not is whether they are RP-fitting. If an action would realistically cause you to be executed, permanently imprisoned, or dishonorably discharged at best, then it’s probably not fitting in the context. Try to err on the side of caution and follow the chain of command when in doubt. Report it to the admins if your superior is being completely unreasonable.

Examples of non-fitting behavior: intent to kill a fellow marine (using guns, melee weapons or to keep attacking them after they’ve been downed), attacking a superior officer, starting a brawl in a combat zone, RPing to be mentally unstable or otherwise unfit for work or duty.

Murders or executions are unlikely to be legitimate.

Note: Battlefield executions and mutinies are not a thing in TGMC. If you have a problem with a player or with the command staff, try to find other means to solve it or ahelp.

15)How specifically would you notify people IC? PM'ing people? Spawning in as a spatial agent? Command announcement?

Not sure if I can do that, but spawning as any staff role to send a message on different channels, then cryoing it and returning to aghost.
Or much simplier, with a command announcement signed by a random "medical staff, medical probe, anything that's slightly RP", explaining an important personnal is SSD in his preps.
And finally, PMing a synth and explaining how his 'detectors' found an SSD SL in his preps and he should do something about it ASAP.

16)The admin says he's in the right and that your info is wrong. He provides a reasonable explanation to you that's still wrong, as far as you know.

As a newer admin, if I am given 'reasonable explainations' then I might let it go. Still, I would take evidences and ask about it later. Either way, we hold the same level of responsability.

19a)Person X states in the previous round in OOC his intent to "AP rocket FF anyone who treats me incompetent".
19b) The victim was a squad medic treating the SADAR in the FOB, the shooter was person X, using a SADAR with an AP rocket. Sadar guy instantly (~5 seconds) ahelps asking for a revive for them.
19c) Later in the round, the exact same thing happens with the same 2 people in shipside medbay. There were no enemies around in this situation, and the SADAR has to be deliberately wielded to fire.

Alright I am pretty confused at your questions right now.
19a) I should be able to know if there was any hostile close or not just with logs, checking the spot where it happened, and just checking the chat, really. If I have enough information to make a decision, I'll check notes. If none are, I'll issue a harsh warning/note. If there is at least one warning/note for friendly fire, then I would ban him for 3 days after checking with other staff and aheal the woundeds. If not, then I would try to keep an eye on him until further actions.
19b) If the SADAR shot the medic treating him, then I would check the chat if the medic said something about him being incompetent. If the medic didn't say anything, then I'll be enclined to believe the SADAR did a misfire. If the medic said something about being incompetent, I'll heal the medic and drop a warning/note to the SADAR, not a ban since I cannot be exactly sure of what happened.
19c) I'll aheal the medic again and confirm him the situation has been handled. Then I'll proceed to investigate with the SADAR as fair procedure even though he will most likely meet a 3 days ban.

Hopefully my answers please you all, as a disclaimer I'd like to clarify something. I know MPs are removed. But since the questions involves MP then I am answering accordingly with involved MP.
I also want to add that I also value a lot roleplay, and unless stated otherwise by the staff, I'll try to enforce roleplay as much as specified by the rules AND the staff and this softly starts with removing net talking, OOC in IC and more if more is required.

JPR

Byond Username: Jroinc1

Postby JPR » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:34 pm #568959

1) Very well written response.

6) Not what I'd have done personally, but also a valid solution. You'll find that announces/orders from admins tend to not get obeyed if player's think you're just trying to get them to suicide.

7) Fair response. You're gonna have to deal with PB situations. You're gonna have to deal with a LOT (or at least a few) PB situations.

12) I like the answer.

14) I like the answer.

15) If you feel like someone needs to be cryo'd, you have a button in their player panel to do it with.

16) Good answer, talking to a third party's always a good idea if both of you disagree.

19 a, b, and c) This actually happened. I just toss it in to see what you make of it in an "extreme" metagrudge/escalation situation. In the specific situation, 2 other admins were watching, and we waited till "c" to give the guy enough rope to hang himself with (after NUMEROUS similar incidents in previous rounds).

+1

Dolth

Postby Dolth » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:34 am #569063

6) Again, I don't think they have much of a choice when you order the xeno as the queen mother. Might be suicide, but it should be for the sake of the dead players so either way it's a win-win since it'll restart fast enough.
Although all I need to think of more alternatives is to actually know more alternatives, guess if this app ever pass, I'll ask for other admins opinions to build myself more ideas on the topic.

7) I believe handling PB will just be a pain since people won't ever admit and it will never be (I suppose) a black and white situation with easy ways to guess who did what.
Although stealing stuff from people at round start will pretty much often end in people beating the shit out of each other, therefor PB and if I can avoid that I will, unless if there is a real RP reason prior to the theft.

15) I'd rather ask people to do it ICly if some staff members aren't busy. It's funnier for everyone to actually have to interact I guess. But, yeah, I didn't know about the panel.

Thanks for your questions and feedback :)

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:57 am #570041

Hey, thank you for your interest in applying. After review we've decided to accept your application. Discord roles will be applied shortly with more info there.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Return to TGMC Closed Applications