[Jack7D1] Jack_Macklin Ban Appeal - Perma for Suiciding as Captain.

Appeals which have been closed.
Jack_Macklin
Byond Username: Jack_Macklin

[Jack7D1] Jack_Macklin Ban Appeal - Perma for Suiciding as Captain.

Post by Jack_Macklin » #569954

BYOND account: Jack_Macklin
Character name: Greatus Caesar
Ban type: Permanent Ban - All Servers
Ban length: Permanently
Ban reason: Suicided as Captain and left during a ticket
Time ban was placed: 2020-06-01 / 02:41:49
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 138473
Your side of the story: I did indeed suicide quite a bit when I was the Captain. Though. I understand why I was banned, but permanently is an excessive punishment for suicide. I would have preferred it would have been temporary. And the Moderator who did ban me was his first time being a mod, and I can expect he didn't know that much from the beginning. And it made me stop playing for quite some time. Eventually I wanted to appeal this ban and want to play once again, but I feel as if the ban was noted and serious and It should've been taken more carefully. I do accept my mistakes and wish to be forgiven for those mistakes I have committed. The ban was justly and fair, just not the punishment. I do not expect anymore from the Moderator who banned me, but I do expect a fair and justly punishment for those who do issue it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: My mistakes can never be relieved, but I will acknowledge and accept them to the upmost regard and ask for forgiveness by the admins who did see this. I wish to play TG Station once again, and it has been 6 months since my ban, and I believe it's time to come back.
[b]References of good conduct: When I did become a Captain I expected more of the job, but when I realized that leadership takes responsibility on Manuel, and that people enjoy taking the station part of it seriously. I took it seriously as well. As Captain I ensured stability, awarding the crew with medals that actually deserve it. There is was many times I issued medals, but it was only for those who deserved it and needed to receive one after bravery. I believe that awarding a crew member must happen and that's how you keep morale and morality up during that time. I also played AI, and during that time. I didn't want to be scary or fearful or fearless, I wanted to remain neutral and I helped many during that time.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [Jack7D1] Jack_Macklin Ban Appeal - Perma for Suiciding as Captain.

Post by Armhulen » #569955

Jack7D1 is no longer with us, so i'll help you out with this. I don't know where you got the 6 months since the ban since it's only been a month in a half, but like i'm cool with the unban. In history we applied these permabans to pull people onto the forums to explain leaving halfway through a ticket or something like that but we're phasing them out since they're kind of a shit idea in practice that can drive away players.

And really don't sweat it, new players make mistakes and all that, you're gonna have a bit of a rocky record initially.

tl;dr unbanned be good
Jack_Macklin
Byond Username: Jack_Macklin

Post by Jack_Macklin » #569963

Thank you very much. I appreciate this.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #569964

Aye, have fun man