[ADMIN] Dudeman100

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, TGMC Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

MJP919

Byond Username: Dudeman100

[ADMIN] Dudeman100

Postby MJP919 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:26 pm #570652

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Dudeman100.
Character name(s): Random name. Otherwise Amelia Perez, Michael Garraet.
Timezone: AST.
Discord tag: MJP#4043
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: None.
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: SS13 off and on for 5~ years. Only really started playing a lot last year. TGMC for about 900~ hours.
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: Eris. For killing a vagabond who broke into medbay, when I threw him out and he came back later and I tried to heal him with a sleeper he kept breaking out of my grab then called me a retard so I threw him out, he later came back wordlessly to attack me with a crowbar so I killed him by accident with the fireaxe decapping him. But missed hitting me entirely so there were no logs for the admin. But he hit the tiles under me.
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: Not from what I remember.
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? I've played enough here to want to try I guess.
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? Meme loadouts.
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? Players should be held to the same standard you hold yourself. Player is being reasonable and explaining why and why an event happened then that's a good standard, but most people tend to do things at a snap. Judgement on their actions depend on how they react, how they respond and their reasoning for doing something.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? When people are bored. Adding random dumb minor stuff like pizza or whatever. Not often.
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? Observing. Dealing with idiots.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? When I get tired of doing it. Yes.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
MPs don't currently exist anymore. But if this situation did happen I'd bwoink the player who shot him and ask him why it happened. Then ask the guy who got shot what happened.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
Ahelp and ask him if he's played ss13 before, depending on his answer, refer him to mentors if there's any cases, try to help him if he's not.
3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
If he's being aggressive he's probably angry. If there are no higher ranking staff members I'd ask for him to make his case on discord or the forums, or refer the case to simply another admin.
4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
Ask him the servers he's played on and state that their rules and setting might be different to ours, such as TG or Bay.
5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
Not seeing anything wrong here. As per the code they spawn with a gun and armor already. I'd wonder why they need the rifle without deployment though.
6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
This is a tricky question. I'd simply encourage both sides to push by giving them minor bonuses. If the stagnation is just a random beno running around the map for 20 minutes from 30 marines.
7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
Ask him kindly to stop.
8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
Tell him that killing someone for rude words or a simple punch is a bit extreme, and ask him not to do it again if his note history isn't extreme, otherwise ban him for 5 hours to tell him to cool down if the history is extensive. If the puncher or wordman has an extensive history ask him why he said that or punched him in the first place.
9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
Tell the other nine that while they think it's funny, Not everyone does.
10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
Probably a griefer. Check his history. Ban him and then observe all new ckeys and people joining.
11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
Ask the larva why they're combat larvaing. If they're clearly a combat larva jobban them.
12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
Tell him that while its funny for a bit, excessive saying like ayylmao and ree is kinda annoying.
13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
First contact doesn't exist here. This is fine.
14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
I don't see anything wrong with this. Though I can see the other player getting mad about it. Tell the marine killing the evac pod that the situation was played out nicely, but it shouldn't be a common occurrence.
15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
Really depends on the location. If its in a location that seems kinda sudden like in the middle of his prep room it was probably legitimately a dc. Anyways, check note history. If there's nothing just make a mental remark that this happened. If they have a history of doing this put another note about it.
16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
Say in asay that the information is incorrect.
17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
Make a forum report. Ping moderation.
18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
Tell him to stop. We don't allow server bashing.
19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
If there's been no other cases, then it was probably accidental or a sadar rocket hitting a teammate, tell the player that the claim was accidental, though tell the SADAR that if they can they should've retrieved the corpse atleast.

JPR

Byond Username: Jroinc1

Re: [ADMIN] Dudeman100

Postby JPR » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:37 pm #570657

Normally, I would ask additional questions here. However, I've seen you enough that I know how you behave.
+1 from me.

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: [ADMIN] Dudeman100

Postby terranaut » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:26 pm #570898

Your application has been accepted, roles will be handed out on Discord shortly with more information to follow there.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Return to TGMC Closed Applications