[ADMIN] JJG

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

JJG

Byond Username: JJG

[ADMIN] JJG

Postby JJG » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:27 pm #570698

Current ckey and any previous ckeys:
JJG

Character name(s):
Henry Hard

Timezone:
GMT +3

Discord tag:
JJG#1337

Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner:
None

How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general:
On TGMC about 2 months. On CM or SS13 about 3 years.

Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason:
I was banned from Paradise for setting off a maxcap as antag.

Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason:
^^. The appeal has been accepted and I am unbanned again, though I don't even play on Paradise.

Why do you believe that you would make a good admin?
I am online and have played the game for long enough to understand what is generally expected of me.

What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on?
Get a bit less annoyed by incredible baldness. Then again, every player has to start somewhere, as long as they are willing to learn. Though I am generally pretty chill.

What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined?
If they are being nice then its all good. If they are being assholes at the detriment of everyone else on the server then there is a problem.

What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events?
First a vote for the event. And the vote should win by a majority. Non voting people should be counted for "no event". Events aren't for my enjoyment, they are for the players. If most players don't want an event then they can enjoy a normal round. Also I feel like events shouldn't be longer than an hour. I would maybe make an event once a month or something.

What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable?
Most enjoyable: Making sure rounds progress in some way and don't stagnate. Least enjoyable: Dealing with players FFing eachother to death because of a disagreement.

No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough?
Once I no longer enjoy playing the game I will naturally be online less. At that point it's time to call it quits and move on to other things.
Strong disagreements with other staff could also lead to me quitting, unlikely, but one never knows.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:

1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
There are no MPs. So I investigate it normally. There really is only a problem if the players actually intended to kill each other for some reason. Otherwise if it was just one shot from a boot pistol and neither player is ahelping or IC complaining then I do nothing.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
Ask if some Mentor want's to help him out. If no mentors, I would send a PM to some robusto Marine to see if they want to help him out. If all that fails and I don't have anything else to do I might walk him through some of the most simple stuff.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
Tell him that if he feels like he has been wronged he is welcome to make a complaint on the forums or message other admins on discord.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
Ask in staff if someone has seen this player before. If no one knows about him I will ask him to change his name to comply with our rules. Unless of course the name is something incredibly obvious and obscene in that case I tell him straight up to change it or I will change it for him.

5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I do nothing. Players can and regularly wear whatever they want at any time. As long as they don't dress up as an enemy faction during HvH or do not play their role I do not care.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
If both sides have a reasonable chance to win I will pick a side at random to reinforce. With extra burried larva or a friendly ERT for marines.
If xenos are delaying with one runner and one shrike I will give them a QueenMother message to charge. Then start walling off escape routes.
If marines have overwhelming man power but are sitting around in their FOB and refuse to come out they will get a hostile ERT or Xenos will get a lot more burried larva to compensate. I would probably make a vote for that.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
PM him a copy pasta of Rule 1 to not be a dickhead.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
Killed marine gets ahealed. The other marine gets a link to the rules. If that was the first offense of that nature he just gets a note. If this has happened before he gets a ban and can appeal on the forums.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
I do nothing. We are here to have fun. If the majority of the server is having fun than the problem is with the one player that is offended. Especially if the racism is minor.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
Note and Perma Ban.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
Note. If that was his first offense, just tell him to stay away from the frontlines as larva. If this has happened before he gets a job ban from xeno.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
I do nothing. Xenos have been OOC in IC all the time I have been here with no staff intervening. I won't suddenly start it unless all staff are in agreement that this should be stopped.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
Marines know there are xenos at roundstart. There is even a scan. So I do nothing.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
If neither player complains then I do nothing. Good RP is rare on the server despite rules claiming we are MRP. My job is to make sure players are having fun. If neither has a problem with what happened there is no reason for me to do anything.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
I cryo them. And make a note to talk to him next time he is online to ahelp when he needs to leave while playing important roles.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
I talk to said staff memeber in staff chat. Then he can give the correct information himself.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
Talk about it in staff chat. It's not my place to police other admins in game.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
OOC reminder to everyone that server bashing is a no go.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
Investigate the logs. Then watch the player to see if he is intentionally FFing. If he is intentionally shooting other marines he gets banned and the shot marines ahealed, provided their bodies aren't behind xeno lines. I might give those players a new body though so they can respawn on the ship.

[Edit] I took the liberty to change the formatting and color of the Application because the default template hurt my eyes looking at it.

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: [ADMIN] JJG

Postby terranaut » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:51 pm #570706

Hi, thank you for applying. I have some follow-up questions:

To 6.: You drop the ERT, and the now stronger faction steamrolls the other one and wins the game. Players find out what you did and get salty in OOC. What do you do, and what might you change so this doesn't happen again?

To 9.: The one player tells you that there's a rule against what the others are doing and insists you take action. What do you do?

To 12.: Not really a question but we have been and are trying to return to the MRP rules we have and enforce them properly and I'd expect you to do the same if you end up getting accepted.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

JJG

Byond Username: JJG

Postby JJG » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:02 pm #570707

6. Remind them that both sides were told to attack and neither did. Other options are sending a Deathsquad to kill them all or simply vote to end the round. There is no way to make a round like this end without salt.
I can preceed any option by telling people in big capital letter in OOC to do something; anything. Or by starting a vote so players can decide for themselves who gets shafted. Granted, all those options will still result in a modicum of salt.

9. I would probably ask other staff for guidance on it. Otherwise I would judge for myself if the comments made by other players cross the line and then ask them in OOC to cool it.

12. I have no problem with enforcing MRP provided staff are in agreement on its enforcement pertaining to Aliens. For Marine I will try my best to enforce at least a baseline level of RP/MRP. Because currently there is none in a lot of cases.

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:26 pm #570897

Your application has been accepted, roles will be handed out on Discord shortly with more information to follow there.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Return to TGMC Closed Applications