For the love of Chemistry, please prolong window open time.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
iloveusername
Byond Username: Iloveusername

For the love of Chemistry, please prolong window open time.

Post by iloveusername » #576014

Do you know how absolutely annoying it is to try and do things with a window constantly closing in the way? Botany comes to the window, asks for 3 bottles of saltpetre and 3 bottles of unstable mutagen, and how about a little mindbreaker to lighten the mood for their shift. They open their side of the window, you open yours and start taking it out of your bag, placing it on the window one by one, but what do you know, the fucking window closes after place one, but you continue, pull out another one and push forward to open the window again, you place one down, it fucking closes. Same for retrieving items through a window as well. Just make the window times longer, please.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: For the love of Chemistry, please prolong window open time.

Post by bobbahbrown » #576015

you can click on the window to make open it permanently until you click it again to close it

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
iloveusername
Byond Username: Iloveusername

Post by iloveusername » #576016

There goes my woes
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #576057

Could also make it take longer to close so you don't have to expose yourself to the risk of people hopping the desk or accidentally leaving it open. Same with the HoP's windoors.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #576063

longer?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #576143

bobbahbrown wrote:you can click on the window to make open it permanently until you click it again to close it
how?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #576149

When I'm playing HoP I sometimes leave the inner one open because the lag sometimes makes it hard to get the ID in time which opens you up to people climbing the desk and stealing your ID, especially if you're getting a cartridge out of the vending machine or otherwise distracted for a couple of seconds
NSFW:

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #576303

the inner one is access bound, you should leave the outer one open and the inner one on timer. From either of those situations I wouldnt want it to take LONGER to close though, i would imagine you would want it to close more quickly.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #576955

something something multitool reprogramming doortimers
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #577007

It would be nice if clicking on something blocked by a windoor just opened the windoor and grabbed the thing all at once. Same for putting stuff on a table or any other interaction.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #577283

MisterPerson wrote:It would be nice if clicking on something blocked by a windoor just opened the windoor and grabbed the thing all at once. Same for putting stuff on a table or any other interaction.
That's a good idea.
Cobby wrote:the inner one is access bound, you should leave the outer one open and the inner one on timer. From either of those situations I wouldnt want it to take LONGER to close though, i would imagine you would want it to close more quickly.
No you see you have to leave the inner one open because it lags too bad to get the ID before it automatically closes. This makes you vulnerable to shenanigans from assistants when you're distracted. When you're changing an ID for instance, they can climb the desk and take your ID out of the computer before you notice them. And it's a huge pain to open and close it manually each time and easy to forget about. It would be better if the door stayed open one or two seconds longer by default.
Last edited by cacogen on Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSFW:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #577284

Cobby wrote:the inner one is access bound, you should leave the outer one open and the inner one on timer. From either of those situations I wouldnt want it to take LONGER to close though, i would imagine you would want it to close more quickly.
No you see you have to leave the inner one open because it lags too bad to get the ID before it closes. This opens you up to shenanigans from assistants when you're distracted. When you're changing an ID for instance, they can climb the desk and take your ID out of the computer before you notice. And it's a huge pain to open and close it manually each time and easy to forget about. It would be better if the door stayed open longer by default.
NSFW: