[pumpkin0] speeno ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
coompadre
Byond Username: Cumpadre

[pumpkin0] speeno ban appeal

Post by coompadre » #602529

BYOND account: currently cumpadre, previously speeno and 19dollarsuscard.
Character name: Cannot remember.
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: At 2020-12-21 04:27:23, by pumpkin0 on Manuel server
Permanent server ban of ckey speeno
pumpkin0 wrote:
Banned from the server permanently - After numerous, previous notes and bans on both of his accounts about LRP things on Manuel and improper escalation, made a smoke machine full of synthflesh and tried to light the CMO on fire when they purged it. Apparently then proceeded to accidentally splash a security officer, then seemed to have thrown a welder at them after, even if that was accidental. Then proceeded to go around practically griefing with baldium after being released. You need to understand what these notes are trying to tell you - please come back after a year and appeal once you understand.
Time ban was placed: 2020-12-21 04:27:23
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: Can't find it
Your side of the story: I can see why I was banned, but I can't provide any insight on what my thought process was when I did it, or provide any specific details, because I cannot recall any. It does say to come back after a year, but I sent a forum admin message and got no response after over a week so I thought I'd just make an appeal. That appeal had the ban info posted on it, which I am using in this appeal. Either I cannot, or I am too dumb to find out how to delete that thread so I can't. Anyway, I tried logging in on another account I made after my PC was wiped, and I got banned. That was 19DollarSusCard. More recently, I logged in under my current ckey Cumpadre because my old PC stopped working, and I had to get a new one, and I had neither the email address linked to Speeno or 19DollarSusCard or the passwords to those accounts. I logged in, and got banned, and was told to appeal. I wasn't trying to ban evade, if I was trying to evade a ban I probably wouldn't have used the same IP address both times. I was under the impression that byond just IPbanned anyone that was banned from a server, so I thought if I could get in on the same IP, I wasn't banned. Obviously that was wrong, but I didn't have any malicious intent.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I can assure that I am a much better person than I was 6 months ago.
References of good conduct: I have a few friends who frequent TG that could vouch for me, but otherwise nothing.
Anything else we should know: I think my issue was that I was playing on the more high-RP oriented server when I should've been playing on the lower RP oriented one.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Re: [pumpkin0] speeno ban appeal

Post by Pumpkin0 » #602947

Hi there, thank you for making this appeal.

Unfortunately, judging from a few circumstances and after thinking it over, I feel like you should come back and try again later with an actual reference of good conduct from another server.

This is for a few different reasons - and mot just because of the weird accidental evasion. You still have a history of bas escalation, and most of the stuff that you pulled would still have landed you in trouble on the LRP servers.

It'll be good to see some proof of an actual improvement from your play, and I wish you the best of luck in attaining that improvement and vouch from whatever server you play on. As for now, however, this appeal is denied.
the w
coompadre

Post by coompadre » #602950

Pumpkin0 wrote:Hi there, thank you for making this appeal.

Unfortunately, judging from a few circumstances and after thinking it over, I feel like you should come back and try again later with an actual reference of good conduct from another server.

This is for a few different reasons - and mot just because of the weird accidental evasion. You still have a history of bas escalation, and most of the stuff that you pulled would still have landed you in trouble on the LRP servers.

It'll be good to see some proof of an actual improvement from your play, and I wish you the best of luck in attaining that improvement and vouch from whatever server you play on. As for now, however, this appeal is denied.
ok, what server would i go on? i'm kinda confused here
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #602951

Any server with a somewhat similar sort of rules - You could go to Bee or someplace.
the w
coompadre

Post by coompadre » #602952

Pumpkin0 wrote:Any server with a somewhat similar sort of rules - You could go to Bee or someplace.
alright, then just play and ask for a commendation or something?
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #602953

Pretty much! After playing for long enough, just ask for a vouch to use for a tg appeal.
the w
coompadre

Post by coompadre » #602955

Pumpkin0 wrote:Pretty much! After playing for long enough, just ask for a vouch to use for a tg appeal.
alright. last thing, any other servers like bee? i think i may be banned on bee
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #602956

A server like yog or fulp should work too.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
coompadre

Post by coompadre » #602959

dragomagol wrote:A server like yog or fulp should work too.
alright, thank you!
coompadre

Post by coompadre » #603339

dragomagol wrote:A server like yog or fulp should work too.
okay, bit of an issue. i asked a senior mod on fulp about vouches and they said that it is "quite rare for [vouches] to be handed over so your behaviour must be outstanding and ahelping asking for one never ends well." and "don't necessarily expect a vouch even if you have a bunch of note-less playtime." so i can't get one from fulp, yog is, well, not very good to be honest, and i'm banned from bee. is there any other way then a vouch to be unbanned? any other way would work most likely but getting a vouch is tough
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #603377

All a vouch is, is some admin or other trusted party from another server saying you've played X amount of hours and don't have any non-minor incidents to your name. You can effectively get a "self-vouch" on any server with public bans or notes by just playing there and pointing to the fact there are no bans or notes about you.

Genuinely any proof that you can show of playing on some other server with rules and you following those rules is about as good as it gets for showing us you've genuinely changed.

I wouldn't stress the finer details as to if they'll actually vouch for you or not. Pick a server that you like the look of and go have fun. It can be anything from Goon to Colonial Marines - Even if another server won't directly give you a vouch, evidence of playing for a few months without any major incidents is the kind of good-faith positive effort we look for when we ask players to go play on other servers for a bit.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #603388

I will try to put the admins words in simple terms.

Play on a Server with public notes/bans for a couple months.
Make new appeal saying you played on server and you don't have notes/bans.
Admins can check for themselves since notes/bans are public.

This is what they mean by voucher.