ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Game Master

Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.
Threads without replies for 30 days will be automatically locked.
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:44 am #603532

this is separate entirely from the other nsfw book/art discussion

we should ban people who write porn about other players in the community and upload it to our servers

it's incredibly fucking creepy to write pornography about random people you know and share it with their associates

it doesn't matter if it's of "their character" because this is ss13 and 9 times out of 10 the player character is just a stand-in for the actual player, and everyone knows that when you're referring to someone's static name character, you're referring to the person behind the static name character.

it's creepy as shit and should be banned regardless of whether we decide to purge the Lusty Xenomorph Maid from the library



User avatar
Pandarsenic
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:56 pm
Location: AI Upload
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Pandarsenic » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:32 pm #603558

If someone makes porn of you, you're free to make a ban request in the usual manner.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
A fair amount of https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Sili ... .29_Policy is my text. I hope it's been helpful to you all.

User avatar
Agux909
 
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Agux909 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:49 pm #603560

What if I consent to it?
oranges wrote:I'm glad you had the intelligence to review your position and understand how stupid it was, most don't

Image

SPACE JANNIES (song)

User avatar
Pandarsenic
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:56 pm
Location: AI Upload
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Pandarsenic » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:12 pm #603563

Agux909 wrote:What if I consent to it?


Image
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
A fair amount of https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Sili ... .29_Policy is my text. I hope it's been helpful to you all.

User avatar
Not-Dorsidarf
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: We're all going on an, admin holiday
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:22 pm #603566

Pandarsenic wrote:
Agux909 wrote:What if I consent to it?


Image


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Malkraz » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:27 pm #603567

me 8==D goofball
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:52 pm #603581

Pandarsenic wrote:If someone makes porn of you, you're free to make a ban request in the usual manner.

What year do you think it is, boomer-min?

User avatar
sinfulbliss
 
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Location: prisoner re-education chamber
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby sinfulbliss » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:11 pm #603582

Can we consent to it and then withdraw consent later as, like, a free ban killswitch?

User avatar
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:18 pm #603583

iamgoofball wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:If someone makes porn of you, you're free to make a ban request in the usual manner.

What year do you think it is, boomer-min?

2021 where ban requests are sent directly to headmins (a shit system compared to ban requests but the current system nonetheless)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Armhulen » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:33 pm #603584

PKPenguin321 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:If someone makes porn of you, you're free to make a ban request in the usual manner.

What year do you think it is, boomer-min?

2021 where ban requests are sent directly to headmins (a shit system compared to ban requests but the current system nonetheless)

I'm pretty sure it's a shit system on purpose so people get over gripes that admins missed instead of holding onto bad rounds.
Image

Kryson
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Kryson » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:51 pm #603589

iamgoofball wrote:the player character is just a stand-in for the actual player, and everyone knows that when you're referring to someone's static name character, you're referring to the person behind the static name character.



Ban people who think and play like this instead.

User avatar
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:18 pm #603598

Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:If someone makes porn of you, you're free to make a ban request in the usual manner.

What year do you think it is, boomer-min?

2021 where ban requests are sent directly to headmins (a shit system compared to ban requests but the current system nonetheless)

I'm pretty sure it's a shit system on purpose so people get over gripes that admins missed instead of holding onto bad rounds.

its a shit system because nobody can be bothered to deal with the drama of public ban requests. ban requests are a lot more private now but literally just making the headmins have to deal with them alone is a terrible system. t. had to deal with that bullshit as a past headmin

but anyways as long as that system is in place like it is currently then yeah you can just use that if you are being harassed through erotic novellas
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Jonathan Gupta
 
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 pm
Location: The Corner
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:01 am #603611

can I write creepy porn about myself? With the safety sex goliath.
The internet is a joke so why not act like one?


NSFW:
Fanfiction of gupta+safety sex goliath when(SOON)?!

Spoiler:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Good luck with getting into any other ss13 servers Gupta
This shit is going everywhere
Everyone will know your little scheme
And we will find everyone involved
Fucking POS

Jonathan Gupta wrote:sneezed twice a cute girl must be talking about me :mrgreen:

Agux909 wrote:I get psychological damage every time I read one of Gupta's posts.

Stickymayhem wrote:you know if you just add Jonathan Gupta to your blocked list on the forums you can save /tg/station

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:I keep gupta unblocked because his posts are funnier than spam text

cacogen wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:you see my inner psyche in each of my posts I'll demonstrate a conversation I had with myself recently "ROCK ON!!!!! Loserx9 *laugh uncontrollably* LOSEEEEEEEER *do a rock sign* *do 20 pushups* TURN THAT SHIT UP!!!! *Invisible remote turns it up* *Chuckle till you go to sleep*" and I'm not happy either when I laugh this all happens within 5 seconds by the way 10 seconds for the pushups.

this sounds like hell
for me, it's wondering why mark Wahlberg is able to get away with what he's done

Farquaar wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:true

I need proof because you're Jonathan Gupta

Nabski wrote:Gupta is one of the three people I've ever bothered to block on the forums.

Fhaxaris wrote:Gupta

User avatar
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:02 am #603618

Jonathan Gupta wrote:can I write creepy porn about myself? With the safety sex goliath.

absolutely, but make sure to put a great deal of focus on the safety sex goliath. there's no rule precedent for this, i just think he is a funny character and want more of him
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Jonathan Gupta
 
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 pm
Location: The Corner
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:22 am #603626

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:can I write creepy porn about myself? With the safety sex goliath.

absolutely, but make sure to put a great deal of focus on the safety sex goliath. there's no rule precedent for this, i just think he is a funny character and want more of him

the safety sex goliath puts on the condoms for his tendrils slowly and putting me inside a full body latex condom, while he does this he says "BE SAFE KIDS!" THE ANAL PO-
The internet is a joke so why not act like one?


NSFW:
Fanfiction of gupta+safety sex goliath when(SOON)?!

Spoiler:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Good luck with getting into any other ss13 servers Gupta
This shit is going everywhere
Everyone will know your little scheme
And we will find everyone involved
Fucking POS

Jonathan Gupta wrote:sneezed twice a cute girl must be talking about me :mrgreen:

Agux909 wrote:I get psychological damage every time I read one of Gupta's posts.

Stickymayhem wrote:you know if you just add Jonathan Gupta to your blocked list on the forums you can save /tg/station

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:I keep gupta unblocked because his posts are funnier than spam text

cacogen wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:you see my inner psyche in each of my posts I'll demonstrate a conversation I had with myself recently "ROCK ON!!!!! Loserx9 *laugh uncontrollably* LOSEEEEEEEER *do a rock sign* *do 20 pushups* TURN THAT SHIT UP!!!! *Invisible remote turns it up* *Chuckle till you go to sleep*" and I'm not happy either when I laugh this all happens within 5 seconds by the way 10 seconds for the pushups.

this sounds like hell
for me, it's wondering why mark Wahlberg is able to get away with what he's done

Farquaar wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:true

I need proof because you're Jonathan Gupta

Nabski wrote:Gupta is one of the three people I've ever bothered to block on the forums.

Fhaxaris wrote:Gupta

User avatar
wubli
 
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:10 am
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby wubli » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:26 am #603627

sinfulbliss wrote:Can we consent to it and then withdraw consent later as, like, a free ban killswitch?

then you ask the person to delete it, if they refuse, they get yeeted. admins can also delete books

i don't think anyone disagrees with this thread? it'd definitely be disallowed under rule 1, writing smut of someone without their consent is not only disturbing but also being a dick

did anything prompt you to make this policy discussion? I just thought it was a given so i'm confused as to what purpose this serves. asking genuinely
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try

User avatar
Jonathan Gupta
 
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 pm
Location: The Corner
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:59 am #603629

wubli wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:Can we consent to it and then withdraw consent later as, like, a free ban killswitch?

then you ask the person to delete it, if they refuse, they get yeeted. admins can also delete books

i don't think anyone disagrees with this thread? it'd definitely be disallowed under rule 1, writing smut of someone without their consent is not only disturbing but also being a dick

did anything prompt you to make this policy discussion? I just thought it was a given so i'm confused as to what purpose this serves. asking genuinely

nobody wants to have a smut book with the safety sex goliath anally pounding you(unless you're me). Dunno why he made this thought this wasn't a policy. I thought it was a good thread that I could share some smut of me and the safety sex goliath with?
The internet is a joke so why not act like one?


NSFW:
Fanfiction of gupta+safety sex goliath when(SOON)?!

Spoiler:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Good luck with getting into any other ss13 servers Gupta
This shit is going everywhere
Everyone will know your little scheme
And we will find everyone involved
Fucking POS

Jonathan Gupta wrote:sneezed twice a cute girl must be talking about me :mrgreen:

Agux909 wrote:I get psychological damage every time I read one of Gupta's posts.

Stickymayhem wrote:you know if you just add Jonathan Gupta to your blocked list on the forums you can save /tg/station

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:I keep gupta unblocked because his posts are funnier than spam text

cacogen wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:you see my inner psyche in each of my posts I'll demonstrate a conversation I had with myself recently "ROCK ON!!!!! Loserx9 *laugh uncontrollably* LOSEEEEEEEER *do a rock sign* *do 20 pushups* TURN THAT SHIT UP!!!! *Invisible remote turns it up* *Chuckle till you go to sleep*" and I'm not happy either when I laugh this all happens within 5 seconds by the way 10 seconds for the pushups.

this sounds like hell
for me, it's wondering why mark Wahlberg is able to get away with what he's done

Farquaar wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:true

I need proof because you're Jonathan Gupta

Nabski wrote:Gupta is one of the three people I've ever bothered to block on the forums.

Fhaxaris wrote:Gupta

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Farquaar » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:51 am #603636

I fail to see why staticnames deserve to be protected in such a fashion. Either writing smut is okay, or it isn’t. Whether or not somebody’s snowflake OC is the subject of said smut shouldn’t be relevant.

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby iamgoofball » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:17 am #603637

Farquaar wrote:I fail to see why staticnames deserve to be protected in such a fashion. Either writing smut is okay, or it isn’t. Whether or not somebody’s snowflake OC is the subject of said smut shouldn’t be relevant.

Did you even read the OP? I explained the issue clearly.

User avatar
Pandarsenic
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:56 pm
Location: AI Upload
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Pandarsenic » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:23 am #603638

Kryson wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:the player character is just a stand-in for the actual player, and everyone knows that when you're referring to someone's static name character, you're referring to the person behind the static name character.


Ban people who think and play like this instead.


True tbh, those are the people who lose their spaghetti when they lose.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
A fair amount of https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Sili ... .29_Policy is my text. I hope it's been helpful to you all.

User avatar
wubli
 
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:10 am
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby wubli » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:48 pm #603642

iamgoofball wrote:
Farquaar wrote:snip

Did you even read the OP? I explained the issue clearly.

ok but what issue because you did not respond to my post and this thread looks like a solution looking for a problem
not like ppl writing smut of others without consent has never happened but it's always been bad so i'm not sure what purpose this thread serves if we always discouraged it
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Farquaar » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:53 pm #603643

iamgoofball wrote:
Farquaar wrote:I fail to see why staticnames deserve to be protected in such a fashion. Either writing smut is okay, or it isn’t. Whether or not somebody’s snowflake OC is the subject of said smut shouldn’t be relevant.

Did you even read the OP? I explained the issue clearly.

I read your OP. The assertion that 90% of staticnames are self-inserts is entirely baseless, and laughable if even close to true. People should not be so invested in their super special OCs- full stop. It fosters bad sportsmanship, poor RP, vindictive IC behaviour, and metagang formation. The last thing this game needs is to open the door to an “original character donut steal” ruleset

User avatar
Omega_DarkPotato
 
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:05 am
Location: Former Hell, Gensokyo
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Omega_DarkPotato » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:04 pm #603644

Farquaar wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Farquaar wrote:I fail to see why staticnames deserve to be protected in such a fashion. Either writing smut is okay, or it isn’t. Whether or not somebody’s snowflake OC is the subject of said smut shouldn’t be relevant.

Did you even read the OP? I explained the issue clearly.

I read your OP. The assertion that 90% of staticnames are self-inserts is entirely baseless, and laughable if even close to true. People should not be so invested in their super special OCs- full stop. It fosters bad sportsmanship, poor RP, vindictive IC behaviour, and metagang formation. The last thing this game needs is to open the door to an “original character donut steal” ruleset


Even if a character isn't a self-insert it's super fucking awkward chief
Nutella isn't a self-insert, I'm not a homeless depressed moth bartender and he's not some gary sue 2d cardboard cutout either
however, all of his words, actions, and thoughts have been written and performed by me (he's not an npc there's someone behind that screen smh) and if I saw porn of the character I'd be pretty fucking weirded out because of that connection that I have with my character after acting as him for 500 rounds




on the other hand feel free to write porn of my human static Ewe Kant I'll just mock you incessantly for it if you cast her as a sub
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community

play opus: echo of starsong

User avatar
Misdoubtful
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:03 pm
Location: Delivering hugs!
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Misdoubtful » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:26 pm #603647

Only read the title (I do not in any capacity care about whatever self insert / static name drama filler is getting tossed around): this is a far more sane of a solution than blanket suppressing the library.

Writing crappy comedy / satire smut books and using the medium to target / harass / ERP (with literally the greatest amount of effort possible) are completely separate things.

Better than whitewashing everything like we're at some kind of youth morals summer camp run by a narcissistic 2,000 year old vampire that screams when you don't lift your pinky when you drink your morning milky.
Hugs

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Farquaar » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:47 pm #603648

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:if I saw porn of the character I'd be pretty fucking weirded out because of that connection that I have with my character after acting as him for 500 rounds

You could use a more good-humoured mindset. I’d laugh if I found R 34 of some stupid character I played on an internet space game. Or any game I’ve played, really. It’s harmless shitposting that doesn’t affect you unless you’re overly attached to your spaceman static OC, in which case I’d remind you not to take SS13 so seriously.

(It’s worth noting that your staticname is not owned by you. Anyone could play a moth named Nutella any time, and no rules would be violated. I could start playing every round as a moth named Nutella, if I wanted.)

Either smut is okay, or it isn’t. There should be zero special metaprotections for staticnames.

User avatar
Misdoubtful
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:03 pm
Location: Delivering hugs!
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Misdoubtful » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:53 pm #603650

Farquaar wrote:It’s harmless shitposting that doesn’t affect you unless you’re overly attached to your spaceman static OC, in which case I’d remind you not to take SS13 so seriously.


This is a nugget of wisdom worth being attached to a great deal of things.
Hugs

User avatar
RaveRadbury
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 am
Location: BK ChatZone
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby RaveRadbury » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:02 pm #603652

Farquaar wrote:(It’s worth noting that your staticname is not owned by you. Anyone could play a moth named Nutella any time, and no rules would be violated. I could start playing every round as a moth named Nutella, if I wanted.)

This concept came up in bus recently and apparently there is precedent that doing that kind of thing is just generally Rule 1 and admins can tell you to stop.

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Farquaar » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:09 pm #603655

RaveRadbury wrote:
Farquaar wrote:(It’s worth noting that your staticname is not owned by you. Anyone could play a moth named Nutella any time, and no rules would be violated. I could start playing every round as a moth named Nutella, if I wanted.)

This concept came up in bus recently and apparently there is precedent that doing that kind of thing is just generally Rule 1 and admins can tell you to stop.

If that’s the case, I’d like to see that precedent. If it’s true that violating the sanctity of somebody’s donut steal OC is a rule 1 violation, then there should be a proper policy discussion on the matter and a proper record of said precedent in the written rules.

User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Armhulen » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:44 pm #603656

honestly i'd rather see books gone or books untouched than the inbetween of having to moderate the content of the books

that sounds awful
Image

User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Armhulen » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:49 pm #603657

Armhulen wrote:honestly i'd rather see books gone or books untouched than the inbetween of having to moderate the content of the books

that sounds awful

i'd like to extend my thoughts by saying that in the past 5 years i've probably read less than 10 books, and not even to completion. i can barely get myself to care about all this book discussion because of how little it effects my playing. but if i have to moderate books i will be one unhappy frog i'll tell you that
Image

User avatar
Misdoubtful
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:03 pm
Location: Delivering hugs!
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Misdoubtful » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:53 pm #603658

Armhulen wrote:
Armhulen wrote:honestly i'd rather see books gone or books untouched than the inbetween of having to moderate the content of the books

that sounds awful

i'd like to extend my thoughts by saying that in the past 5 years i've probably read less than 10 books, and not even to completion. i can barely get myself to care about all this book discussion because of how little it effects my playing. but if i have to moderate books i will be one unhappy frog i'll tell you that


With the pacing they can put out someone would have to dedicate so much time to doing this.
Hugs

User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Armhulen » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:57 pm #603659

Misdoubtful wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Armhulen wrote:honestly i'd rather see books gone or books untouched than the inbetween of having to moderate the content of the books

that sounds awful

i'd like to extend my thoughts by saying that in the past 5 years i've probably read less than 10 books, and not even to completion. i can barely get myself to care about all this book discussion because of how little it effects my playing. but if i have to moderate books i will be one unhappy frog i'll tell you that


With the pacing they can put out someone would have to dedicate so much time to doing this.

all that trouble for a system NOBODY uses :((((((((((((

and remember, i have no takes on books other than having to moderate them because they could poof one day and nothing would change about my ss13 experience. actually i may be for removing them a little because their code is bad, but that can get improved anytime
Image

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby wesoda25 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:37 pm #603662

Armhulen wrote:
Armhulen wrote:honestly i'd rather see books gone or books untouched than the inbetween of having to moderate the content of the books

that sounds awful

i'd like to extend my thoughts by saying that in the past 5 years i've probably read less than 10 books, and not even to completion. i can barely get myself to care about all this book discussion because of how little it effects my playing. but if i have to moderate books i will be one unhappy frog i'll tell you that

Thoroughly cringe take right here.

The common sense way of going about this is that someone can ahelp if they take issue with a sexual portrayal of their character in a book. Admin can then delete the book and let the creator know why it was deleted. Not exactly a grand task for the admins part, is it, and apparently this is already the status quo sooo :shrug:

That being said I def agree with farquuar, ideally people should just stop being piss babies about this shit (saying this as someone who has tolerated a genuinely disgusting copypasta for years now). However we don’t exactly lose much by removing something which makes someone uncomfortable that is targeted towards them specifically. Just write an insulting story about someone if you want your licks i guess

PostThis post was deleted by MortoSasye on Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:03 am.
Reason: Not related to the discussion.

User avatar
sinfulbliss
 
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Location: prisoner re-education chamber
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby sinfulbliss » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:23 am #603742

Yeah I totally agree with Wesoda25, this seems like such a simple problem with a simple fix.

Ask player before using them in adult book. If player says no, don't do it. If they do it anyway, player finds out, player ahelps, admins remove the book and ban player for a day for it or something.

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby iamgoofball » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:36 am #603749

sinfulbliss wrote:Yeah I totally agree with Wesoda25, this seems like such a simple problem with a simple fix.

Ask player before using them in adult book. If player says no, don't do it. If they do it anyway, player finds out, player ahelps, admins remove the book and ban player for a day for it or something.

this is a fix, yes

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby cacogen » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:10 am #603874

personally i'd be fine with goofball's suggestion or wesoda's suggestion. my interest in the issue is that i don't want to see our oversensitive zoomer admins who have that liberal university mindset remove classic books like wgw, or even classics that involve characters of players who have long since moved on, because some people may be sensitive to theoretical readings of said books.

i don't like think people should have to put up with some weird sex book about their oc that they hate though, even if it's ironic and intended to be humourous. not even sure about people writing nasty non-sexual books about characters they hate either. seems like harassment and it seems like the server's persistent features like the library shouldn't be used as avenues for passive-aggressively promoting hate against particular people for time eternal like that
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Pandarsenic
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:56 pm
Location: AI Upload
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Pandarsenic » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:14 am #604055

sinfulbliss wrote:Yeah I totally agree with Wesoda25, this seems like such a simple problem with a simple fix.

Ask player before using them in adult book. If player says no, don't do it. If they do it anyway, player finds out, player ahelps, admins remove the book and ban player for a day for it or something.


Hasn't this always been the case?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
A fair amount of https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Sili ... .29_Policy is my text. I hope it's been helpful to you all.

User avatar
cSeal
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Mon May 17, 2021 2:10 am
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby cSeal » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:56 am #604568

Farquaar wrote:I fail to see why staticnames deserve to be protected in such a fashion. Either writing smut is okay, or it isn’t. Whether or not somebody’s snowflake OC is the subject of said smut shouldn’t be relevant.

the fact that you either don't understand why doing this is creepy and bad or do understand and are choosing to ignore it so you can soapbox about "Le CrIngE SanIc OCs exdee" makes you less than a person
Image

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Farquaar » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:16 am #604569

cSeal wrote:
Farquaar wrote:I fail to see why staticnames deserve to be protected in such a fashion. Either writing smut is okay, or it isn’t. Whether or not somebody’s snowflake OC is the subject of said smut shouldn’t be relevant.

the fact that you either don't understand why doing this is creepy and bad or do understand and are choosing to ignore it so you can soapbox about "Le CrIngE SanIc OCs exdee" makes you less than a person

Less than a person? I don't even want to write a thought-out retort.

What an utterly nasty and unhinged statement.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby oranges » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:43 am #604571

huge number of statics in the game that aren't active anymore, how do you decide who gets protection

User avatar
Vekter
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: Fucking around with the engine.
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Vekter » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:37 pm #604577

This is a pretty solid argument for removing smut wholesale. Either we keep it and have to do weird rule bending for the sake of letting people post consensual smut of each other or we just ban it outright.
Image
Image
Image


Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:05 am #604592

This is covered very well by Rule 1 already. Adding anything about this to the rules would be pointless bloat.

User avatar
Not-Dorsidarf
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: We're all going on an, admin holiday
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:33 am #604678

cSeal wrote:
Farquaar wrote:I fail to see why staticnames deserve to be protected in such a fashion. Either writing smut is okay, or it isn’t. Whether or not somebody’s snowflake OC is the subject of said smut shouldn’t be relevant.

the fact that you either don't understand why doing this is creepy and bad or do understand and are choosing to ignore it so you can soapbox about "Le CrIngE SanIc OCs exdee" makes you less than a person


Wow, pretty interesting take from an admin declaring that someone is subhuman for not agreeing with them in an argument about writing shitty pornography.


classic moff
Image
Image

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Dax Dupont » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:01 pm #604700

I can understand why people would feel violated by being inserted into someone's sexual fantasy.

Before we banned ERP we banned people for non consensual ERP, which is words used to force someone into a sexual situation.
This seems similar, just another form

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby CPTANT » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:30 pm #604944

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:If someone makes porn of you, you're free to make a ban request in the usual manner.

What year do you think it is, boomer-min?

2021 where ban requests are sent directly to headmins (a shit system compared to ban requests but the current system nonetheless)

I'm pretty sure it's a shit system on purpose so people get over gripes that admins missed instead of holding onto bad rounds.

its a shit system because nobody can be bothered to deal with the drama of public ban requests. ban requests are a lot more private now but literally just making the headmins have to deal with them alone is a terrible system. t. had to deal with that bullshit as a past headmin

but anyways as long as that system is in place like it is currently then yeah you can just use that if you are being harassed through erotic novellas


Bring back the ban request forum but only for serious shit like breaking the server, harassment, this weird guy writing porn about you, etc. Not for "Omg assistant macGrey hit me with a toolbox and my feelings were hurt".
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
wubli
 
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:10 am
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby wubli » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:01 pm #606023

Farquaar wrote:I fail to see why staticnames deserve to be protected in such a fashion. Either writing smut is okay, or it isn’t. Whether or not somebody’s snowflake OC is the subject of said smut shouldn’t be relevant.

No.
You somehow seem to believe this is about protecting your, ahem, "snowflake OC" and not boundaries.
To begin with - why would you write smut about someone who does not want to be part of it? Do you not realize how weird that is, and clearly in bad faith? Be it because they want to piss you off, or because they're horny for your character - it's very fucking weird.
It's disingenuous to expect everyone to completely detach themselves from the character they play, regardless of whether they are fans of roleplaying or OCs. It's beyond me how you fail to see this.
Now, regarding how to verify whether it was consensual or not, that is another topic. But you don't need to be a diehard OC haver to feel weirded out because someone wrote about your character being fucked without your consent.
It's not you - it should never be you, you should never care about your character too much in a game in which they will die horribly countless times. But sexual stuff is very rightfully a sensitive topic - I am glad it does not affect you at all, but please understand it's not the same for everyone and it's not necessarily related to the attachment you have to your character.
Farquaar wrote:You could use a more good-humoured mindset. I’d laugh if I found R 34 of some stupid character I played on an internet space game. Or any game I’ve played, really. It’s harmless shitposting that doesn’t affect you unless you’re overly attached to your spaceman static OC, in which case I’d remind you not to take SS13 so seriously.

This is such, such a terrible attitude to have. It's honestly awful that you are saying people should simply find it funny and it's a clear case of "this doesn't bother me - why should it bother others?", which would be okay as a question, but instead you are trying to impose it on others and refuse to understand why people being weirdly sexual about your character is gross.
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try

Fishimun
 
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:29 am
Byond Username: Fishimun

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Fishimun » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:39 am #606054

it's creepy but at the same time, it's involving a character which isn't real/(shouldn't be your self insert). like just don't walk into library and read the smut written about you lolololol. It's a game so really just treat it like one, ahelp the smut and move on with your erp in dorms 4.
I agree that people who write smut should be banned because smut is cringe

PostThis post was deleted by Armhulen on Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:02 pm.
Reason: i know it still conveys your opinions but keep shitposting out of FNR please

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: ban people who draw/write porn about other players

Postby Farquaar » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:47 pm #606075

I like you and respect you, Wubli. But your post perfectly illustrates this OC-centric mindset that the rules should not be encouraging
wubli wrote:No.To begin with - why would you write smut about someone who does not want to be part of it?

You are not your character. You don't own your character. Your character is not a stand-in for you as a person, and if it is, you should begin to distance yourself from your OC and develop a healthy detachment from it.

wubli wrote:Do you not realize how weird that is, and clearly in bad faith? Be it because they want to piss you off, or because they're horny for your character - it's very fucking weird.

Weird? Yes. In fact, SS13 as a whole is incredibly weird. It's part of the appeal. But bad faith? Are you seriously suggesting that every single smutbook about characters in SS13 is written with malicious intent? If so, you must be both an oracle and a mindreader.

wubli wrote:It's disingenuous to expect everyone to completely detach themselves from the character they play, regardless of whether they are fans of roleplaying or OCs. It's beyond me how you fail to see this.

We're not children. We're adults who are expected to tell the difference from fantasy and reality. Detaching yourself from your character is a basic requirement for good roleplay.

wubli wrote:Now, regarding how to verify whether it was consensual or not, that is another topic. But you don't need to be a diehard OC haver to feel weirded out because someone wrote about your character being fucked without your consent.
It's not you - it should never be you, you should never care about your character too much in a game in which they will die horribly countless times. But sexual stuff is very rightfully a sensitive topic - I am glad it does not affect you at all, but please understand it's not the same for everyone and it's not necessarily related to the attachment you have to your character.

Wubli, this may appear to be an ad hominem argument, but I promise that it is not. Please look at this graph.
Image
Would you be open to the possibility that your strong reaction to character-based smut is, in part, a result of your strong attachment to your OC? The OC you frequently draw and play ~90% of rounds as? This isn't a blame-game here. You have good intentions. But I think that if you started creating new characters and exploring new avenues of roleplay, you wouldn't feel so strongly about a fictional character potentially being desecrated by scribbles in the library.

Next

Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: iprice, kieth4, MagmaExploiter, Waltermeldron, wesoda25