banned books peanut

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
User avatar
Screemonster
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

banned books peanut

Post by Screemonster » #614690

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29907

itt: mothblocks cockblocks by dropping the docs, coquette connection blocked
FantasticFwoosh
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 11:25 pm
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: banned books peanut

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #614693

Books should have been a veteod list years ago, we have persistent art but don't have a persistent pool of books that aren't tosh.

Spoiler:
Image
Image
User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir
Location: Chungus planet

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #614694

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Books should have been a veteod list years ago, we have persistent art but don't have a persistent pool of books that aren't tosh.
Did you mean vetted, vetoed or restricted area?
FantasticFwoosh
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 11:25 pm
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: banned books peanut

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #614697

moonlighted onto the pyre.

Spoiler:
Image
Image
User avatar
Farquaar
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Byond Username: Farquaar
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Farquaar » #614699

At this point, just ban all adult book content. Their existence is a complete contradiction, rulewise.
User avatar
sinfulbliss
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Byond Username: SinfulBliss
Location: prisoner re-education chamber

Re: banned books peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #614700

Holy fuck, a permaban for that? That's super harsh especially with no prior history.
Also in the logs it seems they got the false impression that Hudson wrote the book, and then gave it to moths trying to flirt.
Spoiler:
02:32:57 SAY Jaredfogle/(Mothblocks) "Nar Nar is taking the guy who wrote a rape fanfic" (84, 100, 2) Medbay Treatment Center
02:35:00 SAY Jaredfogle/(Mothblocks) "And then another guy makes a rape fanfiction" (127, 134, 2) Central Primary Hallway
02:38:27 SAY AIIA/(Nar Nar) "This son of a bitch wrote a rape fanfic" (97, 49, 2) Escape Shuttle Brig
02:39:06 SAY Milthy/(Hudson Jett) "I AIN'T WRITE NO RAPE FANFIC!" (97, 50, 2) Escape Shuttle Brig
02:41:30 SAY Jaredfogle/(Mothblocks) "do not heal the person who is writing moth rape fanfiction and trying to use it to flirt please" (113, 151, 12) Emergency Shuttle
Later I suppose they found out it wasn't him who wrote the book, but "leaning into it" was still enough for a perma? I think judging by his comments it's perfectly plausible that he never read it, and simply was trying to make a joke off of what Nar Nar told him about it. A bad joke, since it equates giving someone a book with rape in it to "flirting," but not nearly as creepy as knowingly giving the book with that in it.

It's quite likely he "doubled down" because of the awkward position he was in after learning what the book had in it. Trying to make light of it in a humorous way to save the situation. Didn't work of course, but if that's what it was then it's definitely not worthy of anywhere near a permaban.
User avatar
cSeal
In-Game Admin
Joined: Mon May 17, 2021 2:10 am
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Re: banned books peanut

Post by cSeal » #614703

sinfulbliss wrote:Holy fuck, a permaban for that? That's super harsh especially with no prior history.
he did have a prior history, something mentioned in the actual ban reason- which he conveniently edited out
Image
User avatar
sinfulbliss
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Byond Username: SinfulBliss
Location: prisoner re-education chamber

Re: banned books peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #614704

Also it seems a bit improper for Mothblocks to comment in the appeal thread itself. Providing logs is one thing, but providing argumentation supporting the ban is another. An appeal should be between the banning admin and the appealer. Allowing not only descriptive but evaluative commentary from other admins encourages dogpiling and makes it that much more difficult for the appealer to merit a defense.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:05 am
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato
Location: Former Hell, Gensokyo

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #614705

Sinful this is like
the second time that you've defended necrophilia or necrophilia-adjacent tastes

should I be concerned??
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station sybil! If you have questions, comments, or anything you'd like clarified, feel free to take it to my admin feedback thread!
User avatar
sinfulbliss
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Byond Username: SinfulBliss
Location: prisoner re-education chamber

Re: banned books peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #614708

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:Sinful this is like
the second time that you've defended necrophilia or necrophilia-adjacent tastes

should I be concerned??
I didn't read the book and don't plan on it, did it have that in it?
But no, I think necrophilia is pretty disgusting.

The one thing that you can always guarantee, is the instant you criticize a ban, you will be accused of being the very thing you are defending, along with many PURPLE voices there to defend it... BUT THAT HAS NEVER STOPPED US HARD-LINED PEANUT POSTERS BEFORE, AND IT NEVER WILL. HOLD FIRM.
User avatar
Agux909
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Agux909 » #614710

sinfulbliss wrote:Also it seems a bit improper for Mothblocks to comment in the appeal thread itself. Providing logs is one thing, but providing argumentation supporting the ban is another. An appeal should be between the banning admin and the appealer. Allowing not only descriptive but evaluative commentary from other admins encourages dogpiling and makes it that much more difficult for the appealer to merit a defense.
Sinful cmon my man. All Mothblocks posted is purely factual, no evaluative aspect to it whatshowever. What he pointed out is not only backed up by the logs within the same post, but also following peanut policy.

There's no dogpiling here.

Also, same question as Omega.
oranges wrote:I'm glad you had the intelligence to review your position and understand how stupid it was, most don't
Image

SPACE JANNIES (song)
Fishimun
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:29 am
Byond Username: Fishimun

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Fishimun » #614711

sinfulbliss wrote:
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:Sinful this is like
the second time that you've defended necrophilia or necrophilia-adjacent tastes

should I be concerned??
I didn't read the book and don't plan on it, did it have that in it?
But no, I think necrophilia is pretty disgusting.

The one thing that you can always guarantee, is the instant you criticize a ban, you will be accused of being the very thing you are defending, along with many PURPLE voices there to defend it... BUT THAT HAS NEVER STOPPED US HARD-LINED PEANUT POSTERS BEFORE, AND IT NEVER WILL. HOLD FIRM.
truly an example of forumposting that we must commemorate
User avatar
sinfulbliss
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Byond Username: SinfulBliss
Location: prisoner re-education chamber

Re: banned books peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #614713

Agux909 wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:Also it seems a bit improper for Mothblocks to comment in the appeal thread itself. Providing logs is one thing, but providing argumentation supporting the ban is another. An appeal should be between the banning admin and the appealer. Allowing not only descriptive but evaluative commentary from other admins encourages dogpiling and makes it that much more difficult for the appealer to merit a defense.
Sinful cmon my man. All Mothblocks posted is purely factual, no evaluative aspect to it whatshowever. What he pointed out is not only backed up by the logs within the same post, but also following peanut policy.
I disagree. This is how the second comment starts:
Mothblocks wrote:That being said, there's inconsistencies in your story.
From this sentence on he becomes part of the prosecution. Not to mention that the logs are chosen specifically to assign blame to the defendant.

It is actually incredibly difficult to post "purely factual" logs because which logs you decide to highlight are determined by your motive for posting them, which obviously in this case is to show that the defendant is blameworthy and was doing something intentionally creepy. I agree peanut policy wasn't violated, but this type of thing stacks the odds against the appealer.

Timberpoes often posts in appeals threads that aren't his, but usually it is just to add context/information which is unbiased. E.g.,
Timberpoes wrote:Full ban reason:
Playing as a non-antag cyborg, opened a half-dozen N2O canisters in addition to five plasma canisters in both atmos and toxins, resulting in massive fires and the deaths of at least two other players. Disconnected after being contacted by an admin. Please appeal on our forums if you feel like playing here again.
This is a good example of what should be considered purely factual.
User avatar
wesoda25
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: banned books peanut

Post by wesoda25 » #614714

I’m done reading appeals and forming an opinion, honestly way too much work. From now on I’m just gonna believe in the opposite of whatever sinful says.
User avatar
sinfulbliss
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Byond Username: SinfulBliss
Location: prisoner re-education chamber

Re: banned books peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #614718

wesoda25 wrote:I’m done reading appeals and forming an opinion, honestly way too much work. From now on I’m just gonna believe in the opposite of whatever sinful says.
I understand perfectly, Wesoda. You want to be safe. You don't want to stir things up, mess with the status quo, ruffle any feathers... And you'll be safe, all right. But will you be right, Wesoda? Will you be right like the Nazis were right when they all blindly followed Hitler in his slaughter of the 6 billion, OR, or... Will you take a stand? For what you believe? Do you still believe?

Here is a passage to rekindle your youthful dissent:

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
User avatar
wesoda25
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: banned books peanut

Post by wesoda25 » #614719

What
User avatar
sinfulbliss
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Byond Username: SinfulBliss
Location: prisoner re-education chamber

Re: banned books peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #614721

wesoda25 wrote:What
it's just a prank bro
User avatar
Farquaar
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Byond Username: Farquaar
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Farquaar » #614722

wesoda25 wrote:I’m done reading appeals and forming an opinion, honestly way too much work. From now on I’m just gonna believe in the opposite of whatever sinful says.
FantasticFwoosh
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 11:25 pm
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: banned books peanut

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #614723

Farquaar wrote:At this point, just ban all adult book content. Their existence is a complete contradiction, rulewise.
In hindsight, books should receive a critical refactor.
1) Orderable skill books, make books worthwhile. If this was goonstation with a hidden development half to prevent web-diving git for the answers, books would offer closed URL peeks into specific recipies you can't search yourself.

2) By default, adult books and other books deemed a IC danger to society like contraband should be premium and have the ckey of who bought them, they should also be sealed in anti-pornographic wrappers.
:arrow: a) Adult books apply fiscal restrictions and are mapped onto seperate private bookcases that are electronically locked, if your character is below 17 years old ingame you can't buy them even if you have the funds.

3) Book-bots could loan novels, in order to earn the writer royalties in purchase and give the curator income, books could also be written by bots and collecting the set of randomly dispersed books could create a collection bonus of cash.
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spoiler:
Image
Image
Fishimun
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:29 am
Byond Username: Fishimun

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Fishimun » #614724

sinful is one step ahead of gupta , he already has a fan club
User avatar
wubli
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:10 am
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: banned books peanut

Post by wubli » #614726

sinfulbliss wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:I’m done reading appeals and forming an opinion, honestly way too much work. From now on I’m just gonna believe in the opposite of whatever sinful says.
I understand perfectly, Wesoda. You want to be safe. You don't want to stir things up, mess with the status quo, ruffle any feathers... And you'll be safe, all right. But will you be right, Wesoda? Will you be right like the Nazis were right when they all blindly followed Hitler in his slaughter of the 6 billion, OR, or... Will you take a stand? For what you believe? Do you still believe?

Here is a passage to rekindle your youthful dissent:

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Image
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
User avatar
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Byond Username: NoxVS
Location: The Verge of Irrelevancy

Re: banned books peanut

Post by NoxVS » #614728

wesoda25 wrote:I’m done reading appeals and forming an opinion, honestly way too much work. From now on I’m just gonna believe in the opposite of whatever sinful says.
every appealer dreads the black mark that is support from sinfulbliss
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
User avatar
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:05 am
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato
Location: Former Hell, Gensokyo

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #614729

about to make the mistake of taking a peanut seriously after I just said I didn't (don't tell the admins)
the problem here, sinful, is that rule 8's against both actual ERP and just plain old creepy shit

Giving someone a book containing rape and necrophilia, saying it's "supporting your freedom" (realize the implication about what you are therefore free to do) and then calling that "flirting" with someone after
is profoundly weird

I'm wavy on rule 8 being a perm off the bat, but considering that seal's chimed in that they do have a prior history that they decided to be a bad actor about (and hide) I don't think this is abnormal.

also mothblocks just called them out for being a liar with logs, how more impartial do you want other than "you said x, logs ic say y, therefore it's inconsistent"


edit: also because this is peanut posting sinful you said 6 billion instead of 6 million this spelling mistake/extremely minor error means i win you lose
stay owned :)
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station sybil! If you have questions, comments, or anything you'd like clarified, feel free to take it to my admin feedback thread!
User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir
Location: Chungus planet

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #614733

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
2) By default, adult books and other books deemed a IC danger to society like contraband should be premium and have the ckey of who bought them, they should also be sealed in anti-pornographic wrappers.
:arrow: a) Adult books apply fiscal restrictions and are mapped onto seperate private bookcases that are electronically locked, if your character is below 17 years old ingame you can't buy them even if you have the funds.
Literally literally 1984
FantasticFwoosh
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 11:25 pm
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: banned books peanut

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #614737

Rohen_Tahir wrote:Literally literally 1984
Just drink some old timer brew until you qualify, skill issue.

Spoiler:
Image
Image
User avatar
Agux909
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Agux909 » #614739

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: snip

also mothblocks just called them out for being a liar with logs, how more impartial do you want other than "you said x, logs ic say y, therefore it's inconsistent"

snip
Ok I was gonna say almost exactly this in response to Sinful's post but you beat me to it. Nuff said.
oranges wrote:I'm glad you had the intelligence to review your position and understand how stupid it was, most don't
Image

SPACE JANNIES (song)
User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir
Location: Chungus planet

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #614741

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:Literally literally 1984
Just drink some old timer brew until you qualify, skill issue.
Clearly you didn't read 1984.
User avatar
sinfulbliss
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Byond Username: SinfulBliss
Location: prisoner re-education chamber

Re: banned books peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #614745

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:about to make the mistake of taking a peanut seriously after I just said I didn't (don't tell the admins)
Giving someone a book containing rape and necrophilia, saying it's "supporting your freedom" (realize the implication about what you are therefore free to do) and then calling that "flirting" with someone after
is profoundly weird
Yes, but the charge is that they knew its contents before sharing it, which makes it significantly more weird. If they did not know it had this in it prior to sharing it, and simply shared it because it was a "moth book," it would not be nearly as weird, and not worthy of a perma. My claim is that it's plausible they didn't know, and simply tried to play it off as a joke by saying they were "flirting" after being informed of the contents.
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:also mothblocks just called them out for being a liar with logs, how more impartial do you want other than "you said x, logs ic say y, therefore it's inconsistent"
Calling someone out for being a liar is not impartial, it doesn't matter if it's backed 100% by logs and logic, the fact that it is a 3rd party being added to the appeal against the appealer is unfair for the appealer. If you think 3rd party voices are okay so long as it's backed by logical reasoning, then surely we can all start posting on appeals and show inconsistencies in admin conduct, right?

Of course that wouldn't be tolerated, because the appeal is supposed to be between the appealer and the admin. If an admin is handling it wrong we shouldn't be allowed to jump on them in the appeals thread itself, even if we are supported 100% by the evidence, because that's the job of the headmins to do. Likewise justifying/modifying the ban is the job of the admin handling the appeal to do.
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:edit: also because this is peanut posting sinful you said 6 billion instead of 6 million this spelling mistake/extremely minor error means i win you lose
stay owned :)
I was going to put 6 gorillion at first to be tongue-in-cheek but then I realized that might come across as being insensitive, but 6 million was too serious so I settled at 6 billion. That's right. Try and find another hole, scrub.
User avatar
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:05 am
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato
Location: Former Hell, Gensokyo

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #614747

sinfulbliss wrote:
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:also mothblocks just called them out for being a liar with logs, how more impartial do you want other than "you said x, logs ic say y, therefore it's inconsistent"
Calling someone out for being a liar is not impartial, it doesn't matter if it's backed 100% by logs and logic, the fact that it is a 3rd party being added to the appeal against the appealer is unfair for the appealer. If you think 3rd party voices are okay so long as it's backed by logical reasoning, then surely we can all start posting on appeals and show inconsistencies in admin conduct, right?
I wish I didn't have to use the ultimate card on you sinful
you're my buddy and all

but as per the FNR forum rules policy on peanut posting
THE PEANUT POLICY:

Adding to/adjusting the definitions so that players can post in a thread regarding something they weren't involved in, IF IT IS TO BRING UP/POINT TO/HIGHLIGHT a rule, precedent, or piece of evidence that was missed that is relevant to the situation.

This does NOT include:
"This happened to me once and I didn't get banned for it" or the reverse "This happened to me once and I got banned for it."
"My opinion is..." or "I feel like..."

This WOULD cover:
"Rule 3 says..."
"These admins have always allowed..."
"Actually in the logs it says..."

This would allow players who are invested in the rules, have the experience, and can conduct themselves well to advocate in threads. Reminder that this applies to uninvolved admins except Headmins.
Mothblocks is bringing up a piece of evidence missed (not mentioned) and is basically word-for-word going off that bottom example of what's covered. ("Actually, in the logs it says...")
so it doesn't matter if you think they're impartial or not, it's allowed

also,
just because you didn't make it doesn't change what you proceed to do next with it and even if you didn't know the contents of the book the way you reacted when confronted with it and used it as a way of flirting is pretty creepy.
It Doesn't Matter Anyway:tm: because just because it's not world's creepiest possible method of acting it's still creepy
sinfulbliss wrote:That's right. Try and find another hole, scrub.
watch as I respond to this and get rule 8 banned
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station sybil! If you have questions, comments, or anything you'd like clarified, feel free to take it to my admin feedback thread!
User avatar
sinfulbliss
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Byond Username: SinfulBliss
Location: prisoner re-education chamber

Re: banned books peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #614748

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:Mothblocks is bringing up a piece of evidence missed (not mentioned) and is basically word-for-word going off that bottom example of what's covered. ("Actually, in the logs it says...")
so it doesn't matter if you think they're impartial or not, it's allowed
SinfulBliss wrote:I agree peanut policy wasn't violated, but this type of thing stacks the odds against the appealer.
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:also,
just because you didn't make it doesn't change what you proceed to do next with it and even if you didn't know the contents of the book the way you reacted when confronted with it and used it as a way of flirting is pretty creepy.
It Doesn't Matter Anyway:tm: because just because it's not world's creepiest possible method of acting it's still creepy
Read: "it doesn't matter how creepy it was, any degree of creepy is a permaban"
A permaban should be saved for the cases where both the motive and the outcome is creepy. If they didn't know the book's contents, their motive would not have been creepy, and it would be excessive for a permaban. Believe it or not it matters for the appealing player whether they are banned for 3 months or for eternity...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:watch as I respond to this and get rule 8 banned
A perfect opportunity passed up. Why? Because of bans like these, which instill the fear of God in players who intend nothing more than to get a few laughs from a joke in poor taste.
User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Armhulen » #614749

SinfulBliss wrote:I agree peanut policy wasn't violated, but this type of thing stacks the odds against the appealer.
you mean... the facts?
Image Image Image
User avatar
sinfulbliss
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Byond Username: SinfulBliss
Location: prisoner re-education chamber

Re: banned books peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #614750

Armhulen wrote:
SinfulBliss wrote:I agree peanut policy wasn't violated, but this type of thing stacks the odds against the appealer.
you mean... the facts?
I mean the ability for 3rd parties to point out specific facts. 9/10 attempt trying to obfuscate the point though blue man...
User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Armhulen » #614751

so, the facts though.
Image Image Image
User avatar
Agux909
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Agux909 » #614753

sinfulbliss wrote: Calling someone out for being a liar is not impartial, it doesn't matter if it's backed 100% by logs and logic, the fact that it is a 3rd party being added to the appeal against the appealer is unfair for the appealer. If you think 3rd party voices are okay so long as it's backed by logical reasoning, then surely we can all start posting on appeals and show inconsistencies in admin conduct, right?
Yes sure we can, thing is forum jannies do whatever they want and nobody bats an eye if they decide to delete your post even if it contained useful information and constructive reflection (which has happened), so why even bother at this point?
oranges wrote:I'm glad you had the intelligence to review your position and understand how stupid it was, most don't
Image

SPACE JANNIES (song)
User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Armhulen » #614754

Agux909 wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote: Calling someone out for being a liar is not impartial, it doesn't matter if it's backed 100% by logs and logic, the fact that it is a 3rd party being added to the appeal against the appealer is unfair for the appealer. If you think 3rd party voices are okay so long as it's backed by logical reasoning, then surely we can all start posting on appeals and show inconsistencies in admin conduct, right?
Yes sure we can, thing is forum jannies do whatever they want and nobody bats an eye if they decide to delete your post even if it contained useful information and constructive reflection (which has happened), so why even bother at this point?
It's really funny hearing sinful 100% describe our rules for posting in ban appeals. If you have relevant information you can post it just fine

also hey we're not that bad about ban appeals, last cleanup i did was all the ATHATH posturing in the thread about discord conduct in admin channels
Image Image Image
User avatar
sinfulbliss
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Byond Username: SinfulBliss
Location: prisoner re-education chamber

Re: banned books peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #614755

Armhulen wrote: It's really funny hearing sinful 100% describe our rules for posting in ban appeals. If you have relevant information you can post it just fine
Who decides what's relevant? The forum admins which are all also part of the admin team. Now, even supposing there is no incentive to side with a fellow admin's decision (which there is), it would surely cause an uproar to delete one of their posts in an appeals thread. Or if not an uproar you'd at least be hearing about it in the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower.

At the end of the day whatever is the acceptable opinion to have will be kept up, and the dissenting opinion, even if it also uses facts and logic, will be removed for peanut. That's why there's never a dissenting opinion ever posted on the appeals threads, it's always in peanut. The only dissenting opinions that hold water are the headmins, because it's their job to express it if needed.
User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Armhulen » #614756

If you make a complaint against someone who deletes your post it goes to the site admins + MSO, or just MSO if it's against a site admin.

Interesting to note that the separation between forum and administration is also true in that people gain ranks regardless of their ranks in a different branch much like coderbus adminbus separation, it's just that you don't see it as much since forum mod is a very small group with few rank changes
Image Image Image
User avatar
Screemonster
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Screemonster » #614757

Armhulen wrote:
SinfulBliss wrote:I agree peanut policy wasn't violated, but this type of thing stacks the odds against the appealer.
you mean... the facts?
come on man you can prove just about any crazy thing with facts
User avatar
Agux909
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Agux909 » #614758

sinfulbliss wrote:
Armhulen wrote: It's really funny hearing sinful 100% describe our rules for posting in ban appeals. If you have relevant information you can post it just fine
Who decides what's relevant? The forum admins which are all also part of the admin team. Now, even supposing there is no incentive to side with a fellow admin's decision (which there is), it would surely cause an uproar to delete one of their posts in an appeals thread. Or if not an uproar you'd at least be hearing about it in the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower.

At the end of the day whatever is the acceptable opinion to have will be kept up, and the dissenting opinion, even if it also uses facts and logic, will be removed for peanut. That's why there's never a dissenting opinion ever posted on the appeals threads, it's always in peanut. The only dissenting opinions that hold water are the headmins, because it's their job to express it if needed.
Ye, this also applies when admins are the ones chosen to enforce the rules with their own discretion. That's why they're the admins and not you, not me. You either cope... or cope.
oranges wrote:I'm glad you had the intelligence to review your position and understand how stupid it was, most don't
Image

SPACE JANNIES (song)
User avatar
sinfulbliss
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Byond Username: SinfulBliss
Location: prisoner re-education chamber

Re: banned books peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #614759

Armhulen wrote:If you make a complaint against someone who deletes your post it goes to the site admins + MSO, or just MSO if it's against a site admin.

Interesting to note that the separation between forum and administration is also true in that people gain ranks regardless of their ranks in a different branch much like coderbus adminbus separation, it's just that you don't see it as much since forum mod is a very small group with few rank changes
In that case I hereby submit my application for your position so that I may from an unbiased 3rd party perspective enforce global peanut posting freedom.

IF YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO BWOINK, YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE RESISTANCE “ARMHULEN,” I DON’T CARE HOW VIBRANT THE BLUE IS I CAN SEE THE PURPLE BLEEDING OUT OF IT.
User avatar
sinfulbliss
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Byond Username: SinfulBliss
Location: prisoner re-education chamber

Re: banned books peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #614760

Agux909 wrote:You either cope... or cope.
I disagree, you can also seethe.

Also intentionally double-posting to dare Armhulen to violate my rights.
User avatar
Agux909
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Agux909 » #614761

sinfulbliss wrote:
Agux909 wrote:You either cope... or cope.
I disagree, you can also seethe.

Also intentionally double-posting to dare Armhulen to violate my rights.
Neither of us are wrong, for seething is a way of coping.
oranges wrote:I'm glad you had the intelligence to review your position and understand how stupid it was, most don't
Image

SPACE JANNIES (song)
ArcaneDefence
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:29 am
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Re: banned books peanut

Post by ArcaneDefence » #614766

sinfulbliss wrote: Calling someone out for being a liar is not impartial, it doesn't matter if it's backed 100% by logs and logic
Image
User avatar
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:33 am
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Mothblocks » #614768

It is actually incredibly difficult to post "purely factual" logs because which logs you decide to highlight are determined by your motive for posting them
it is actually relatively easy to post purely factual logs by visiting the logs website and pressing Ctrl+C (copy) and Ctrl+V (paste)
Mothblocks on Bagil/Sybil - Say nice things about me
Fishimun
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:29 am
Byond Username: Fishimun

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Fishimun » #614769

how can someone be consistently wrong every time, even a broken clock gets it right sometimes you doofus
User avatar
Pandarsenic
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:56 pm
Byond Username: Pandarsenic
Location: AI Upload

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Pandarsenic » #614771

Maybe if someone is factually, demonstrably being an incredible fucking creepy weirdo, and the logs prove it, they should be banned

Just

Saying

Also lying in a ban appeal is a bannable offense itself, last I checked, which clearly ought to include editing your ban reason or telling blatant untruths about the ban's course of events.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
User avatar
cSeal
In-Game Admin
Joined: Mon May 17, 2021 2:10 am
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Re: banned books peanut

Post by cSeal » #614773

Pandarsenic wrote: Also lying in a ban appeal is a bannable offense itself, last I checked, which clearly ought to include editing your ban reason or telling blatant untruths about the ban's course of events.
to be fair, it was less them editing something out and more them writing their ban reason in their own words. i dont think that should be considered, it caused confusion but in hindsight it was probably an honest mistake by someone who didnt follow our ban appeal template
Image
User avatar
BONERMASTER
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: banned books peanut

Post by BONERMASTER » #614774

Man, always these snitches...


With distrustful regards
-BONERMASTER
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image
ARE YOU sick and tired of hearing "appeal denied" OR having your tickets closed with "IC issue"? Just claim harrassment under frcp 30(d), and file an administrative complaint, together with us!
BONERMASTER & Associates, your number one choice for any successful ban appeal trial and administrative complaint!
BONERMASTER & Associates will not be held responsible for any loss of life, financial ruin, bodily and mental harm, or any conceivable damage directly or collateral that may be sustained during a partnership with BONERMASTER & Associates.
BONERMASTER & Associates retain their right to terminate representation at any time and be fully compensated for any financial loss suffered in these instances by the party entering the agreement.
ArcaneDefence
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:29 am
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Re: banned books peanut

Post by ArcaneDefence » #614777

BONERMASTER wrote:Man, always these snitches...
Image
User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: banned books peanut

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #614780

this is what happens when you don't disassemble the library to make baseball bats and bucklers round start
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users