[Hulkamania] Turtle - Discord Appeal

Post by 567Turtle » #616262

Discord Account: 567Turtle#3659
Ban type: Discord
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Rule 11 I think
Time ban was placed: 10.01.2021
Server you were playing on when banned: Discord
Your side of the story: I made a shitty joke to my friend in #politics-containment telling him to "kys faggot". He understood this was a joke and was going a long with it. He then proceeded to ping the admins and tell them to ban me (jokingly) and he was surprised when they did. He even asked Hulkamania, the one who banned me, to unban me. He denied and went on with his day.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I agree that telling my friend to kill himself might have gone a bit overboard of acceptable banter and I should be punished for it. But a permenant ban from the discord server is a bit harsh. I think something like a month long mute, or month long ban would be better.
References of good conduct: Sadly, not really any.
Anything else we should know: I know I have an extensive history of notes on the TGstation ss13 servers and I truly have been trying to clean up my act. I can promise if the punishment is lessened I will try my damned hardest to clean up my act and stop getting so many notes. I really do realize that I went way to far that day.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Hulkamania] Turtle - Discord Appeal

Post by Hulkamania » #616515

You are continually using the word "my friend" in this circumstance, however I spoke with the person in question and they explicitly told me you are not friends, they were not comfortable with it as banter, and they did not consider it to be a part of your usual conversations.

Do you have any response to this?
567Turtle
Byond Username: 567Turtle

Post by 567Turtle » #616742

Yeah I guess we don't really get along and we aren't really friends but like, me and him know each other and in a separate server together with a bunch of other friends. I know this doesn't excuse my behavior whatsoever, I truly am sorry.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #617062

I'm denying this.

You told someone to kill themselves, among some other choice words, and then when banned your first reaction was to immediately claim that they were your pal and just joking (in my discord DM's no less)

Then when you come to the forums it's the same story. After I inform you I spoke with them and they gave me a different story is when you choose to come out with the truth.

Whatever kind of relationship the two of you have, it seems excessively toxic and I don't want to put up with it on our discord.