Make the chef better by making advanced foods more useful and helpful without taking away the value of vended foods and late-shift donuts
- Diversify nutriment/protein/vitamin more; have them serve different purposes instead of just being nutriment with slightly different healing properties and parallel metabolism.
- Protein leaves the system at a slow metabolic rate and provide a mild lasting mood boost (larger for lizards?) and a decrease in hunger accumulation as long as it's in you.
- Vitamin leaves the system quickly, provides less nutrition, but provides a significant short-term mood boost and small amounts of all-type healing. Possibly, overdosing provides a big negative mood and toxin damage (but should only be possible if you're grinding food to extract it).
- Sugar (and things containing it) gives the "too much junkfood" mood penalty or something like it if you're consuming more sugar than other types of foodchems so you end up with nothing but sugar in your stomach - something like the "medicine hurty " moodlet? Not a concern with basically any sweets, since they never(?) have more sugar than anything else
- Sauces, Condiments, & Seasonings: If it's not overly complicated, having salt, pepper, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, etc., provide a mood boost for being taken with foodchems in small quantities would be nice.
- Donuts no longer count as a breakfast food.
- Breakfast foods are good to the 20 minute mark instead of 15?
- Trash-Eater or whatever the trait is called gives no mood penalty or boost for any specific food, but gives a small "ayyy I ate things" mood for when you get nutriment from the act of eating. Alternatively, remove it altogether/replace it with traits that give you the tastes of a different species instead of "lmao I eat the trash"
- Chefs who refuse to actually make real food but who ALSO won't let other people make food in the kitchen get fuckin' jobbanned for griff (not a code change but whatever).
- Protein Value: Meat dishes are, generally, the hardest to make. It requires the intervention of another department (monkey cubes, synthmeat, meatwheat, chicken farms, mouse hunting + butchering, ) to produce in significant quantity. This change means that if you can actually acquire significant amounts of meat, people can have SATISFYING MEATY DISHES that make people not have to go back to the kitchen as often.
- Vitamin Value: Allows finer control
- Sugar Value: Apparently people are eating sugar pills/drinking beakers of sugar to deal with hunger???????
- Donuts: A chef can make a dozen types of breakfasts (toasts, eggs, McGuffins, waffles, pancakes...) with the absolute laziest being hand-fried eggs. If there's no chef and you really want the mood boost, you can get your coffee from a vendor. Donuts should be good for quickly quashing hunger and nothing else.
- Breakfast Time: A slightly longer period means that people can go to the chef for them right after they finish basic job setup like starting the engine, doing a first run of mining, making a healing virus, etc., even if RNG is a little unkind or something goes mildly awry.
- Trash Eating: I'm so goddamn sick of chefs laying out a spread of deep-fried organs and nothing else god damn shit fuck motherfucker
- Jobbans: I'm so goddamn sick of chefs laying out a spread of deep-fried organs and nothing else god damn shit fuck motherfucker