[tsaricide] Soulshade08 - Ban appeal for lying / killing

Appeals which have been closed.
Soulshade

[tsaricide] Soulshade08 - Ban appeal for lying / killing

Post by Soulshade » #76035

Byond account and character name: Soulshade08 - Not sure, random generated name.

Banning admin: tsaricide

Ban reason and length: Lied about knowing Captainkrukov, beat someone to death on the shuttle together before it docked to centcom. You've been previously banned for metacommunicating and since you lied I can't trust you not to break the rules again.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-03-16 23:57:02 EDT

Your side of the story: Captainkrukov and I were playing a round on Sybil. As the round came to a close and the emergency shuttle left the station, many members of the shuttle began attacking each other, as which usually happens on the shuttle right before the round ends. I saw my friend beating someone to death, and I joined in. tsaricide PM'd me and asked me whether or not I beat the person to death before the shuttle arrived to centcom and I admitted that I did, although I didn't know it was an offense as I usually see it happening at the end of each round. tsaricide informed me that it is against the rules to kill another player before the round is officially over, and I told him that it wouldn't happen again as I now knew that it was against the rules. I logged off and come back on about an hour later and I again receive a admin PM from tsaricide in which he asked me if I knew Captainkurkov, I lied (I regret lying, I was scared of the incident looking like a case of metacommunication) and I told him that I knew of him but I wasn't "his buddy or anything".

Why you think you should be unbanned: I honestly did not know that killing another person right before the emergency shuttle arrived at centcom was against the rule as I've seen it done countless times before. I now realize that it is against the rules and I fully agree to not do it again. However, as per the lying to tsaricide about being Captainkrukov's buddy, I was banned almost a year ago for metacommunicating with one of my friends, and since then I've been paranoid of breaking that rule, so when tsaricide asking me if I knew Captainkrukov, I thought if I told him he was my buddy it would look like we metacommunicated, when in reality we didn't, we just mindlessly beat up someone right before the round ended, there wasn't any communication at all, in game or out. I do realize now that I should have been honest and told tsaricide that he was my friend, whether it made it look like a case metacomm or not. I'd like to apologize to tsaricide personally for lying to him, as I really should not have.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Re: [tsaricide] Soulshade08 - Ban appeal for lying / killing

Post by Tsaricide » #76037

I gave you two chances to answer honestly if you knew him or not and both times you lied to me, he also lied to me and based on your ban history with meta coms I'm not going to unban you.
Soulshade

Post by Soulshade » #76038

When I was banned for meta-communicating back in April, I did not lie at all and fully admitted that I did in fact meta communicate. This is my first time lying, and I'm not saying that my lying was justified at all, I was just scared of being accused of meta communication when I was not doing so. I truly am sorry and I fully regret lying, I really should have been honest with you.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #77507

Try appealing next year.