XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

[Mothblocks] XII391

Post by XII3912 » #640201

BYOND account: XII391
Character name: Nicholas Nick
Ban type: Server & Discord
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: posted rule 11 breaking videos & videos on how to make dangerous/illcit substances
Time ban was placed: 2022-04-06
Server you were playing on when banned: i wasn't playing when i got banned
Your side of the story: i was shitposting in the /tg/ discord mainly drug tutorials or dangerous chemical tutorials and rule 11 breaking videos it was done originally as a joke i did not realise the chemical tutorials would get me banned especially since its just a fast slide show with funny music in the background im not 100% on what you mean by "rule 11 breaking posts" i would hope to see a example so i can understand what you mean and maybe explain myself.
Why you think you should be unbanned: basically it was just shitposting i wasn't posting any of those videos with malicious intent and i was rather shocked to get banned for it, i want it to be clear that it was simply a joke and had no idea it'd lead to administrative action. It also doesn't say anywhere in the rules i cant post these videos however if i were to be unbanned i'd obviously not post videos like that anymore. i personally think a permanent server & discord ban is a bit much and was hoping you could consider reducing or removing it.
Anything else we should know: this is my first appeal on /tg/ so i apologize for any mistakes
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: [Mothblocks] XII391

Post by Mothblocks » #640202

There's two components to this, one is the server ban, which is mine, with the exact reason of:
Banned from the server permanently - Over Discord, created several Rule 11 breaking posts and videos on how to make illegal substances and chemical weapons that needed to be reported to Discord trust and safety. When your name came up in discussion, the overall feedback was that admins were absolutely sick of you. Your note history adjusted for your time played is abysmal, so I'm taking this route to just remove you from the community altogether.
The other is your Discord ban, which was made by MSO (and was, from what I can tell, a blacklist). I will shoot him a ping for this to put his thoughts in since a lot of this is about the Discord ban.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #640203

Discord ban info:
I asked you to clarify something about a likely rule 11 breaking video, and you did not respond so i was forced to look into your post history on discord and did not like what I saw, besides the racist shit I saw content instructing on the creation of mustard gas and a general vibe of somebody who is a negative influence on the community. This warning will be followed up with a permanent discord ban. If you aren't banned in game or on the forum, I'd advise being more careful with your presence and messaging there.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #640204

Mothblocks wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:40 am Discord ban info:
I asked you to clarify something about a likely rule 11 breaking video,

i would like to mention that i didnt get the ban message till i logged onto discord later on if MSO has any questions or wants me to clarify anything im here
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #640219

I first noticed you because you posted a video that showed somebody packing their bags and leaving with the text over it. "When a certain ethnic group finds out they are about to be a father".

Shortly after you posted the video, I asked you what ethnic group your video was talking about, and you went offline. This question was originally gonna lead to me coaching you via a teaching technique called "guided discovery" to admitting your video was breaking the no bigotry rule (rule 11), and that you should delete it so I didn't have to.

Because you didn't respond to my question that was posted shortly after you posted the video, i knew that 1 of 2 things was true, you posted the meme in a hit and run style (copy pasting from one discord to the other) and didn't even stick around to see the reaction to it, which means you likely did the same with other rule breaking videos; or you did stick around, and upon seeing my interest in the obviously rule breaking video, you thought it would be more beneficial to pretend to be afk.

I did not like either possibility, and regardless, I still need to sus out an answer to my question, which ethnic group did you think the video referred to. So I decided to take a look at your post history to see if I could find out an answer to that question. I was not prepared for what I found:

You posted 6 videos in the last month or so that had to be deleted. 4 of which contained content that have gotten entire discord servers banned before for not deleting. Glorifying drugs, encouraging illegal activity, or harmful/violent instructional content are all against discord's community guidelines, which we have to enforce or our entire server gets banned, and if they're in a mood, they will also ban all users in our discord from all of discord. This has happened before to other gaming servers.

Confounding this, most of them were bait and switch videos, showing some cute thing at first or in the thumbnail, then switching to the rule breaking content. This makes it harder to moderate because it means we basically have to watch every second of every video post just to keep our discord server from getting banned by discord staff.

And on top of this, from my look thru your post history on discord and you either fail a rule 9 check (no minors allowed) or a rule 1 check (don't be dick). either way either way you present too much of a risk to allow you back on the discord.

But as a consolation prize you can take comfort in knowing that you led to the creation of a new discord rule.
13: Posting videos that switch tones from normal to rule breaking mid way thru will increase your punishment and decrease the likelihood of any bans being appealable.
Because this rule did not exist when you got banned, you are not banned from the discord under rule 13. You are banned from the discord under rules 1 (don't be a dick), 7 (don't do anything that will make discord mad at us), and 11 (don't be a bigot).

Your discord ban stands and is unlikely to ever get appealed.

Mothblocks will be handling your game ban now.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #640268

I never knew that me posting these videos would put the entire server at risk like you said, and now that im aware of that im obviously not going to do it again. I have never read Discord ToS/Community guidelines and to be fair most people don't, but now that im aware of this i am hoping you'll reconsider by letting me have a 2nd chance or a reduced ban but yeah by the looks of it you don't trust me. As for my game ban honestly i haven't played in a while now and to get perma'd because i posted drug tutorials (as a joke and i never knew it was against discord tos & and the server rules) and a offensive video which im wrong for posting there is no justification for that. however im not 100% sure on mothblock's side of the story so.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #640355

I don't plan on lifting this ban, but it's not a blacklist from the community in the same way your Discord ban is unlikely to get lifted.

Game bans based off Discord bans, as far as I have been told, are not unprecedented, just uncommon. Your Discord posts were of sufficiently bad enough substance (and taste) to warrant a total Discord blacklist, as well as a brand new rule. I would say that is, on it's own, a fairly uncommon case, one justified in looking into your overall presence in the community.

Checking your note history, you were receiveing several bans and notes in the same months, and the only point at which you weren't racking up new bans/notes every month was when you decided to stop playing (that is what "adjusted for your playtime" meant in that context). As I was looking into the case, a large amount of admins (more than are expected from the usual admin chatter peanut gallery) expressed distate and frustration in you, which is perfectly backed up by your previously mentioned history.

Nothing here is perma-worthy on its own, but displayed a crimson red enough flag that you do not improve the community you are a part of, with the severity of the Discord punishment being your nail in the coffin.

As said before, this is not a blacklist, but I want to see you have a vouch before this is appealed again.

XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #640420

i've mentioned that i never knew that my posts would get me banned seeing as it was just innocent shitposting, but my note history isn't that bad compared to others, people do fuck up maybe a bit more then others. I don't know what exactly you were told by the admins but i don't think you know me that well and fair enough because you aren't likely to know EVERY single person. before i stopped playing tg i played sec and IIRC during that time i never really caused trouble or did anything shitty, as for when i was playing Cargo i did some things that i shouldn't have but i stopped doing it. Either way you should consider all of this.
XII391
Byond Username: XII_391

Post by XII391 » #640529

I would like to request a headmin review for this case.
Me posting those videos was mainly done as a joke. I wasn't aware it was putting the server at such a Risk. while my note history isn't the best I never usually repeated the stuff I did that got me noted in the first place. So I am hoping for a 2nd chance to play again here, im always willing to change the way I act so that I'm not directly creating a terrible environment for everybody.
Last edited by XII391 on Wed May 11, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #640563

To note, Mothblocks is a current Head Administrator, so the only people who could review this ban with an eye to overturning it would be the other two Head Administrators acting together or MSO, which while not impossible, seems unlikely.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #641806

This appeal is still under headmin review and no consensus has yet been reached. It is in active discussion between me and Melbert and as soon as we figure out a good approach to concluding it, we will post here.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #642798

Having spent time discussing with with Melbert, here's what we're going to do:

All admins and double especially headmins have the ability to mirror various bans onto our game servers at their own discretion. This is generally only used in exceptional cases. Your out-of-game conduct when mixed with your in-game history was enough to make it exceptional. We believe Mothblocks drove that point home via their ban. With force. And they were absolutely correct to do so.

However, part of your punishment is still an effective blacklist from our Discord, which cuts you of from a large portion of our community. Taking this into account, Melbert and I will be exercising our personal discretion and lowering the server ban duration to 1 month, which means you will no longer be banned as of about 15 minutes from me writing this post.

A month ban on your record is exceptionally serious. It is historically the longest temporary server ban our admin team issues. Any longer and we usually just go permanent. Most bans that follow a month ban will often be permanent.

What you did was foolish and through our choice of discretion you have consumed this term's goodwill when it comes to appeals. If you grace our term's appeals section with your presence once again following an incident that validly results in you being banned from our servers, you will find very little sympathy. You have been put on notice of this fact.

If you value your ability to play here, please don't repeat this severity of behaviour and please continue taking steps towards improving your in-game behaviour.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin