ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Giacom, Nienhaus, Code Maintainers

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby somerandomguy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:20 am #427304

Augmented Cham kit, costs 25tc

All the items in it have the actual effects of whatever they're currently disguised as. Includes gun.



User avatar
Davidchan
 
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Davidchan

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Davidchan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:02 pm #427404

DemonFiren wrote:>hunger
We have fatigue/holodamage, Cosmic. Also, I'm fairly certain Darth Maul wasn't cut in half.


The lizard is wrong again.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby DemonFiren » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:49 pm #427417

the lizard is never wrong
obviously you faked your recording
either that or it only looks as if he had been bisected when in reality he wasn't
besides, >watching the prequels lmao
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Shadowflame909 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:12 pm #427421

Alien Queen gibbing transmission.

The alien queen can transmit a sort of super thought to one of its xenos, causing it to instantly explode. It allows it to keep them in check, so that there orders get listened to more of the time. The downside to this is that it does aoe explosion damage similar to exploding a borg. No tiles get broken but people near them can get potentially ko'd and junk. It uses a list to find the xeno it wants to kill. Sort of like the one from the orbit tab.

User avatar
CosmicScientist
DMCA Staff
 
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:21 am
Byond Username: CosmicScientist

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby CosmicScientist » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:24 am #427479

Maul shows up in a spin off as a scrap metal drider! Which should also be a mech in the game since we lack wheelchairs.
Go appreciate Nienhaus.
Image
Captain Hutbeard, at yer service if the booty be ready fer it!
Spoiler:
A rolling stone gathers moss and it's nice to remember what's been said, recent or distant, even in no particular order, otherwise I may forget my moss.
Armhulen wrote:same, for the second time

DrPillzRedux wrote:Thanks for the new avatar.

MrEousTranger wrote:Cosmic- you are the best poster and I think the most original member here, also great art

Nilons wrote:These comics are actually the best thing on the forums

Supper Aggro Crag wrote:Thank you

John_Oxford wrote:sweet.

jesus.

couldn't have said it better myself.

one oxford point for you.

Kor wrote:Best post of the month

danno wrote:that post was art

Quanti wrote:truly cosmic is the hero we need

NikNakFlak wrote:This is quality af

PKPenguin321 wrote:nice try i am immune

this is a REALLY good thread, thank you cosmic

Wyzack wrote:Certified good thread

Qbopper wrote:That card you made of me is awesome, you even managed to work my suggestion in

You now have one "get out of ban free" card

peoplearestrange wrote:Im pinning the shit out of this. This needs to be saved.
It's like one of my "whos who in NTR" but with ACTUAL thought and creativity. Good job!

oranges wrote:Hey, now this is a scrabulous post

Wyzack wrote:this is true art

Nilons wrote:That's because if you use art as an analogy, cosmic is painting eloquent well worded posts while you're throwing cans of saghetti at a wal

Armhulen wrote:this thread is secretly a cosmic goldmine

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:You don't have to tell me what happened but you do need to eat this bowl of soup

you have to eat ALL the eggs

User avatar
Arcanemusic
 
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 6:17 am
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Arcanemusic » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:00 pm #427577

Every machine, computer, and sensitive electronic has a heat threshhold
so like the rnd servers will break if it gets too hot
medbay machines will malfunction if it gets too hot
robotics machines will explode if it gets too hot
Air alarms will create a hot explosion if it gets too hot

User avatar
Fonedsky
 
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:08 am
Byond Username: FonedSky

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Fonedsky » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:00 pm #428070

Something very autistically detailed I thought of.

Spoiler:
Infinity Wars Mode: A gamemode in which both Thanos and the crew have to explore places to ensure either side doesn't win.
A single player is selected to be Thanos. They spawn with the empty Infinity Gauntlet and a quest to retrieve all six Infinity Stones. The crew is immediately aware of his presence when he arrives and must do all in their power to stop him. He is physically strong and has a lot of health. To prevent scinerds from just nuking him, anything that would instagib him instead only brings him down to red.
Space Stone: The Supermatter core. Extracted by literally shattering the Supermatter. Thanos is immune to holding the core of the shattered Supermatter barehanded but will slowly burn to death if pushed into the supermatter before it is destroyed. Alternatively, as even more incentive for captains, it could also be inside the nuclear disk.
Soul Stone: Found in Lavaland, it appears as a massive pit in the middle of the lavaland map. Thanos must toss Ian in it to receive the Soul Stone.
Mind Stone: Found within the AI. Once there, he may retrieve the Mind Stone by deconstructing the AI and removing it from the chassis. If no AI exists in the round, it can be found within a random borg instead, and may be retrieved by deconstructing the borg and taking it the same way you remove an MMI from a borg. If there is no borg at all, it can instead be found with a scientist or the RD as an useless scepter.
Reality Stone: A powerful artifact held by the Syndicate. It can be found in the Nuclear Operative base in a new room that contains various unusable or dangerous-to-touch artifacts under study by the Syndicate itself. Thanos and the crew both have the ability to teleport here as an exclusivity to this round - the stone itself is held within a beaker, and solidifies when Thanos obtains it.
Time Stone: The Wizard Federation's most prized artifact created by its founder to contain the time-manipulation powers. All wizards with the Time Stop spell draw some power from this. The crew and Thanos can teleport to the Wizard Federation's Tower, its headquarters, to retrieve it. It is under heavy guard by completely useless NPC wizards, and, if datum antags were implemented, would likely be under the possession of some lucky player-controlled wizard. The Eye itself possesses all the abilities Thanos has when the stone is in his gauntlet (see below). Should be one of the last stones to be acquired, as getting it will spawn in 3 player-controlled Wizards.
Power Stone: An artifact retrieved by a band of ragtag space pirates given to Nanotrasen for a pardon of all their crimes. The crew and Thanos can teleport to a special version of Central Command with useless NPC Nanotrasen dickheads in it, where it can be found alongside some other top secret Centcomm stuff in an orb-shaped containment unit. This is ideally one of the last stones to be acquired, as retrieving it will activate a deathsquad.

When one of the stones is in his gauntlet, Thanos gains special abilities related to them.
Space Stone: TK and allows Thanos to teleport, but only in the hand the gauntlet is in. If used in Lavaland with the Power Stone, Thanos can literally pull one of the asteroids surrounding it for one heck of an explosion. This can only be done once. It is also capable of creating a gravity well that sucks in players and objects ala Liquid Dark Matter.
Mind Stone: By touching someone with help intent, their body will be taken over by a hostile critter AI that will attack other crewmembers for a minute or so. Whacking the guy in the head will fix it.
Reality Stone: Can turn guns into bubbles, turn crewmembers for ten seconds into weird shit, and spawn a random critter incapable of doing more than 5-10 brute damage at once with no ranged attacks.
Power Stone: Can shoot extremely painful blasts of energy, and unleash a damaging shockwave. It can also power APCs and cyborgs (in fact, power them so much they can even explode) and machinery - doing so will keep them up for a looong time, even if their original powersource is destroyed. Will instantly recharge guns and anything else handheld that needs recharging.
Time Stone: Can ungib Ian and crew, can do a local Time Stop like the Wizard spell, can unbreak destroyed Infinity Stones.
Soul Stone: Gives Thanos the ability to see crewmembers in thermal vision (they appear tinted orange) and know Unknowns by their real name. Additionally, it transports Ian and all snapped crew to a pocket dimension within the Stone.

Thanos cannot be put to sleep - anything that'd make him sleep will instead stun him for sometime. His gauntlet takes longer to remove than other articles of clothing and comes with a special message.
Once all Stones are collected, Thanos can use the *snap emote (up to softcrit, if in hardcrit he'll be unable to use it) to instantly firegib half of all player-controlled, sapient mobs. Doing this will also teleport him to the Soul Stone where he may "converse" with Ian. He will immediately win and the round will be over.
If the crew kills Thanos before he can *snap, the crew immediately wins and the round will be over.
The shuttle cannot be called until Thanos is dead or he has snapped - his minions will be interfering with it.
The crew can destroy any stone except the Reality Stone and the Time Stone. This will keep it off Thanos' hands until he gets the Time Stone.


Why is this in Shitty Suggestions? It's too complicated to be feasible or fun.
Image

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Screemonster » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:59 pm #428113

"Everyone is a head" mode that causes all crew to spawn in as the head of whatever department they would join (ie. whoever it tells you you report to on spawn is the job you get promoted to instead). Assistants are not promoted as they don't have a department to be head of.

All antagonist spawns follow the usual config chances.

Including revolutionaries.

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby somerandomguy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:48 am #428267

Screemonster wrote:"Everyone is a head" mode that causes all crew to spawn in as the head of whatever department they would join (ie. whoever it tells you you report to on spawn is the job you get promoted to instead). Assistants are not promoted as they don't have a department to be head of.

All antagonist spawns follow the usual config chances.

Including revolutionaries.

Assistants become a random job (including heads and nonheads), since they answer to everyone
The captain becomes either an NT official or a living space law book

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby oranges » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:26 am #428313

Arcanemusic wrote:Every machine, computer, and sensitive electronic has a heat threshhold
so like the rnd servers will break if it gets too hot
medbay machines will malfunction if it gets too hot
robotics machines will explode if it gets too hot
Air alarms will create a hot explosion if it gets too hot

machines used to need heat management but they caused atmos lag so it was removed many moons ago.
Image

Dajcie mi człowieka, a paragraf się znajdzie

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Screemonster » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:50 pm #428348

detached cat-tails, if left unattended, turn into hostile mobs that seek out the nearest tail-less victim and latch on just like facehuggers

if not removed, the victim sprouts cat ears after a couple of minutes

suitably armored pants will protect you

User avatar
Davidchan
 
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Davidchan

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Davidchan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:12 pm #428355

Screemonster wrote:detached cat-tails, if left unattended, turn into hostile mobs that seek out the nearest tail-less victim and latch on just like facehuggers

if not removed, the victim sprouts cat ears after a couple of minutes

suitably armored pants will protect you


Rule 8)Erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed.
No form of erotic roleplay is allowed on the servers, including things that could be construed as sexual by unwilling participants.


Keep your fetish to yourself.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.

User avatar
Togopal
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:38 pm
Location: 41.3071749, -74.8459928
Byond Username: Togopal

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Togopal » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:49 pm #428386

Davidchan wrote:
Screemonster wrote:detached cat-tails, if left unattended, turn into hostile mobs that seek out the nearest tail-less victim and latch on just like facehuggers

if not removed, the victim sprouts cat ears after a couple of minutes

suitably armored pants will protect you


Rule 8)Erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed.
No form of erotic roleplay is allowed on the servers, including things that could be construed as sexual by unwilling participants.


Keep your fetish to yourself.


look at the thread title
Image

User avatar
Hathkar
 
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am
Byond Username: Hathkar

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Hathkar » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:01 am #428554

Revert bloodcult back to papercult.
I play as Launch Kusami on Bagil (Rarely on Sybil).
Also you should max your suit sensors.

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby somerandomguy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:09 pm #428746

Hathkar wrote:Revert bloodcult back to papercult.

Wrong thread

Also: Add goon liquids and have blood cult victory not end the round but instead turn space to blood

Maybe make it also heal cultists and damage noncultists so the cultists can meme and open all the doors

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Screemonster » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:41 am #428848

give wizards that one really annoying spell from chrono trigger that sets your party's HP to exactly 1

huehuehue
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:52 am
Byond Username: Huehuehue1

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby huehuehue » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:51 am #429955

wiznerds have a 1 in 10 chance of throwing an actual explosive magical moab every time they pull off their ei nath thing
feem wrote:wtf i like fwooshposts now

User avatar
Davidchan
 
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Davidchan

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Davidchan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:45 pm #430001

Replace all Vending Machines with Replomats that consume power. By default, nutriment paste, peanuts and coffee are only items it possesses. Bartender, Chef and Botanists have to upload food items and drinks into the machine for other crew to 'purchase' them, with each copy created degrading the original till the replicator just starts pumping out rotten food and the Services team has to wipe the bad recipe and upload a new one.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.

Y0SH1M4S73R
 
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:50 pm
Byond Username: Y0SH1_M4S73R
Github Username: Y0SH1M4S73R

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Y0SH1M4S73R » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:06 am #430933

If a cargo order consists of only pizza, instead of the cargo shuttle returning to the station, a pseudo-antag pizza delivery person is spawned in a pizzeria on the Centcom Z-level with the objective to deliver pizza to the station via a pizza delivery ferry that docks in the same location as the Centcom ferry. The pizza delivery person greentexts only if all their pizza boxes were simultaneously in cargo, never opened and not in their inventory, at any point in time.

Once they deliver the pizza, the delivery person can return to the pizzeria and leave the round (in a way that marks them as survived in the round-end report), but only if they at least left one pizza on the station. Cargo gets refunded the value of the crates that would have been used to order the pizza, and can make another order immediately.

If cargo makes subsequent pizza-only orders, the newly ordered pizzas will appear in the pizzeria. If there is currently a pizza delivery person in the round, they will get a new delivery objective linked to those pizzas as soon as they return to the pizzeria. If a pizza delivery person leaves the round while they have an uncompleted delivery, the remainder of the delivery will be given to a new pizza delivery person. Pizza delivery people cannot fail deliveries they did not yet start - the objective tied to those deliveries is removed if the delivery person leaves the round before starting the delivery (starting the delivery is defined as traveling to the station with any pizza in tow).

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby DemonFiren » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:16 pm #431324


Add those to the syndicake uplink.
Single shot only, inaccurate as hell at range and shitty armour penetration, but serious brute when used point-blank.
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

Anuv
 
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:34 pm
Byond Username: Anuv

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Anuv » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:16 pm #431900

I think it's a good idea but posting here:

NFS Implant - 10 TC
Offensive implant. Activates 10 seconds after implantation. If target stands still for more than 5.5 second detonates. After 2 seconds will begin to beep omniously. Only neutralized by maybe defib or EMP, maybe for a minute. Then needs to be surgically removed or will reactivate.
Image

User avatar
Mickyan
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:59 pm
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Mickyan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:20 pm #431906

catpeople should be able to fit into pet carriers

User avatar
aradsten
 
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:04 pm
Location: Sweden
Byond Username: Aradsten

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby aradsten » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:27 pm #431908

Host a dnd night in the even hall. Basically you have several rooms where people can play dnd. So instead of sitting around a table irl you sit around a table on the... its better than it sounds!

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Farquaar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:12 am #431996

Mickyan wrote:catpeople should be able to fit into pet carriers

If you drag a cable or shine a laser pointer on the ground, catpeople should be forced to chase after it

User avatar
ComradeNecron
 
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 pm
Byond Username: ComradeNecron

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby ComradeNecron » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:03 pm #432098

Farquaar wrote:
Mickyan wrote:catpeople should be able to fit into pet carriers

If you drag a cable or shine a laser pointer on the ground, catpeople should be forced to chase after it

I think the laser pointer thing is already in the code

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Screemonster » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:29 pm #432500

traitor bartender item: case of amontillado

upon drinking it spawns walls around the drinker

load it into darts for !!FUN!!

User avatar
Gun Hog
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:19 am
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Gun Hog » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:25 am #432548

Electrical Burst Event

The Electrical Burst event will disrupt electronics and overall cripple station operations for a while. I envision it behaving like the "Radiation Storm" event, except that instead of irradiating and mutating people, it will (strong) EMP all affected areas once. This event is particularly dangerous to several kinds of players:

- Cyborgs: EMPs stun and damage cyborgs. They can be killed if trapped in the storm.
- Augmented humanoids: Cybernetic limbs take damage from EMPs, and implants have varied negative effects upon EMP.
- Nanites (Not ingame yet): EMPs kill some of a person's nanites. In addition, nanite programs can suffer several potential errors, such as desync from the cloud, activation, becoming hostile, etc.
- Security: Energy weapons are drained by EMPs, and flashes are destroyed by them. Also, Sec/Command rely on radios much more than others.
- Mechs: EMPs drain and damage mechs. Since they are not stunned by EMP, they can escape before EMPs destroy or empty the power cell.
- Swarmers: Swarmers are often killed by EMPs.

Like the radiation storm event, maintenance and the AI chamber are unaffected by the electrical burst, so silicons, mechs, sec, and enhanced humanoids should all take shelter in maint or with the AI. The warnings for the burst are also the same: A station announcement, followed by the message "Electricity begins to arc through the air".

The station will also suffer many different negative effects such as:
- Power distruptions: APCs will be drained and some of the breakers on individual APCs will be tripped (turned off). SMES can be drained and potentially toggled off, leading to power loss.
- Extensive machine damage: Many computers will be destroyed, some machines will be disabled, and others will have their wires pulsed, leading to varied malfunctions.
- Many airlocks will be bolted, opened, electrified, etc. Fire alarms will be triggered, so crowbars will be your friend.
- Some air alarms will be set to "panic siphon", so internals may be needed.
- The gravity may be knocked out, but will return on its own after a while.
- Tcomms will be shut down for a while.
- The cameranet will fail, and thus the AI will be blinded to everything but itself.

This should be a rare event, perhaps on par with the radstorm. When I tested a 200 range EMP centered on the bridge, it plunged the station into darkness due to the APCs being sapped, computers were broken, vending machines shot things at me, fire alarms were dripped, air alarms started siphoning, also Tcomms and gravity went down. It is clearly a very disruptive, if temporary, event. Engineers will have plenty of work to do :engie: :engie: :engie: !

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Screemonster » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:07 pm #432662

add bunnies

pretty much identical to mice, relatively harmless simplemobs that nibble wires

one of the bunnies, however is Daisy.

This guy's bunny

Image

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby DemonFiren » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:20 pm #432670

anonmare alt detected
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Screemonster » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:31 pm #432676

two of the rabbits should be called lennie and george too

User avatar
CosmicScientist
DMCA Staff
 
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:21 am
Byond Username: CosmicScientist

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby CosmicScientist » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:35 pm #432696

Does the one cock a revolver if they enter a tile behind the direction the other faces?

Do they end it like the book or the film?
Go appreciate Nienhaus.
Image
Captain Hutbeard, at yer service if the booty be ready fer it!
Spoiler:
A rolling stone gathers moss and it's nice to remember what's been said, recent or distant, even in no particular order, otherwise I may forget my moss.
Armhulen wrote:same, for the second time

DrPillzRedux wrote:Thanks for the new avatar.

MrEousTranger wrote:Cosmic- you are the best poster and I think the most original member here, also great art

Nilons wrote:These comics are actually the best thing on the forums

Supper Aggro Crag wrote:Thank you

John_Oxford wrote:sweet.

jesus.

couldn't have said it better myself.

one oxford point for you.

Kor wrote:Best post of the month

danno wrote:that post was art

Quanti wrote:truly cosmic is the hero we need

NikNakFlak wrote:This is quality af

PKPenguin321 wrote:nice try i am immune

this is a REALLY good thread, thank you cosmic

Wyzack wrote:Certified good thread

Qbopper wrote:That card you made of me is awesome, you even managed to work my suggestion in

You now have one "get out of ban free" card

peoplearestrange wrote:Im pinning the shit out of this. This needs to be saved.
It's like one of my "whos who in NTR" but with ACTUAL thought and creativity. Good job!

oranges wrote:Hey, now this is a scrabulous post

Wyzack wrote:this is true art

Nilons wrote:That's because if you use art as an analogy, cosmic is painting eloquent well worded posts while you're throwing cans of saghetti at a wal

Armhulen wrote:this thread is secretly a cosmic goldmine

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:You don't have to tell me what happened but you do need to eat this bowl of soup

you have to eat ALL the eggs

User avatar
RobustAndRun
 
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:14 pm
Byond Username: RobustAndRun

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby RobustAndRun » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:43 pm #432743

Make it possible to get impaled by flying limbs.

"Doc, I've got a leg in my chest"

User avatar
ComradeNecron
 
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 pm
Byond Username: ComradeNecron

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby ComradeNecron » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:45 pm #432744

add bonecode, but the only thing that can damage bones is a reagent called "bone hurting juice". to obtain it, you have to sacrifice a rendition of "loss" on a canvas to the space gods.

User avatar
aradsten
 
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:04 pm
Location: Sweden
Byond Username: Aradsten

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby aradsten » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:02 pm #432832

ComradeNecron wrote:add bonecode, but the only thing that can damage bones is a reagent called "bone hurting juice". to obtain it, you have to sacrifice a rendition of "loss" on a canvas to the space gods.


MAKE THIS HAPPEN

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Anonmare » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:23 pm #432992

DemonFiren wrote:anonmare alt detected

Fuck, I've been found out
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby DemonFiren » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:46 pm #432998

Anonmare wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:anonmare alt detected

Fuck, I've been found out

just like you (biblically) know all about lizards, lizards know all about you
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby somerandomguy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:26 am #433188

Gun Hog wrote:Electrical Burst Event

The Electrical Burst event will disrupt electronics and overall cripple station operations for a while. I envision it behaving like the "Radiation Storm" event, except that instead of irradiating and mutating people, it will (strong) EMP all affected areas once. This event is particularly dangerous to several kinds of players:

- Cyborgs: EMPs stun and damage cyborgs. They can be killed if trapped in the storm.
- Augmented humanoids: Cybernetic limbs take damage from EMPs, and implants have varied negative effects upon EMP.
- Nanites (Not ingame yet): EMPs kill some of a person's nanites. In addition, nanite programs can suffer several potential errors, such as desync from the cloud, activation, becoming hostile, etc.
- Security: Energy weapons are drained by EMPs, and flashes are destroyed by them. Also, Sec/Command rely on radios much more than others.
- Mechs: EMPs drain and damage mechs. Since they are not stunned by EMP, they can escape before EMPs destroy or empty the power cell.
- Swarmers: Swarmers are often killed by EMPs.

Like the radiation storm event, maintenance and the AI chamber are unaffected by the electrical burst, so silicons, mechs, sec, and enhanced humanoids should all take shelter in maint or with the AI. The warnings for the burst are also the same: A station announcement, followed by the message "Electricity begins to arc through the air".

The station will also suffer many different negative effects such as:
- Power distruptions: APCs will be drained and some of the breakers on individual APCs will be tripped (turned off). SMES can be drained and potentially toggled off, leading to power loss.
- Extensive machine damage: Many computers will be destroyed, some machines will be disabled, and others will have their wires pulsed, leading to varied malfunctions.
- Many airlocks will be bolted, opened, electrified, etc. Fire alarms will be triggered, so crowbars will be your friend.
- Some air alarms will be set to "panic siphon", so internals may be needed.
- The gravity may be knocked out, but will return on its own after a while.
- Tcomms will be shut down for a while.
- The cameranet will fail, and thus the AI will be blinded to everything but itself.

This should be a rare event, perhaps on par with the radstorm. When I tested a 200 range EMP centered on the bridge, it plunged the station into darkness due to the APCs being sapped, computers were broken, vending machines shot things at me, fire alarms were dripped, air alarms started siphoning, also Tcomms and gravity went down. It is clearly a very disruptive, if temporary, event. Engineers will have plenty of work to do :engie: :engie: :engie: !

Just un-fix making CLF3 causing stationwide EMPs

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Screemonster » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:27 pm #433464

add the autoburger

identical to the autoborger only it makes the victims into burgs

User avatar
RobustAndRun
 
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:14 pm
Byond Username: RobustAndRun

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby RobustAndRun » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:43 pm #433476

Screemonster wrote:add the autoburger

identical to the autoborger only it makes the victims into burgs


8tc roboticist/chef

User avatar
Mickyan
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:59 pm
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Mickyan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:23 pm #434886

the Slippery Soap, a bar of soap that transforms anyone who slips on it into a random mutant race

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby somerandomguy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:24 pm #434925

Mickyan wrote:the Slippery Soap, a bar of soap that transforms anyone who slips on it into a random mutant race

Make it go through a list, slipping makes you the next on it

Human --> fly --> moth --> lizard --> catperson --> (sends the player to citadel)

User avatar
ComradeNecron
 
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 pm
Byond Username: ComradeNecron

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby ComradeNecron » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:24 am #435039

somerandomguy wrote:
Mickyan wrote:the Slippery Soap, a bar of soap that transforms anyone who slips on it into a random mutant race

Make it go through a list, slipping makes you the next on it

Human --> fly --> moth --> lizard --> catperson --> (sends the player to citadel)

always support suggestions that can force players to connect to Citadel

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Farquaar » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:21 pm #435104

"Fake ID"
A syndicate ID that you can scribble on with any pencil or crayon to make an ID for any job. It doesn't have any access though, and examining it in your hand reveals that it's fake. Used to fool Johnny McAverage that to consent to a security search when all you've got is a chameleon security uniform.

User avatar
barbedwireqtip
 
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 11:58 pm
Byond Username: Barbedwireqtip
Github Username: barbedwireqtip

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby barbedwireqtip » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:18 pm #435230

Farquaar wrote:"Fake ID"
A syndicate ID that you can scribble on with any pencil or crayon to make an ID for any job. It doesn't have any access though, and examining it in your hand reveals that it's fake. Used to fool Johnny McAverage that to consent to a security search when all you've got is a chameleon security uniform.

isn't that literally the agent card though?

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Farquaar » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:18 pm #435472

barbedwireqtip wrote:
Farquaar wrote:"Fake ID"
A syndicate ID that you can scribble on with any pencil or crayon to make an ID for any job. It doesn't have any access though, and examining it in your hand reveals that it's fake. Used to fool Johnny McAverage that to consent to a security search when all you've got is a chameleon security uniform.

isn't that literally the agent card though?

I still like the idea of a clown scribbling out a fake ID in crayon
Last edited by Farquaar on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BokehSynapsid
 
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:54 am
Byond Username: BokehSynapsid

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby BokehSynapsid » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:43 pm #435813

gibbing/beheading a zombie doesn't kill them, but turns them into an ambulatory head/brain along with mobs or ghostroles that act as the other limbs and organs
so you'd have arms and legs crawling around on their own, hearts that wiggle around on their arteries, a brain hopping around on its spine, etc

User avatar
Davidchan
 
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Davidchan

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Davidchan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:51 am #435855

Add a nuke ops AI that controls the shuttle and does a tron war with the station AI trying to slowly subvert or conquer station systems to aid nukes and hamper crew efforts. If crew finds shuttle AI can jump it somewhere else or siphon power to weapons to blast the station regularly with torpedoes and cannons.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby DemonFiren » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:13 am #435865

would actually be p cool since I tend to play shuttle pilot anyway
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Gamarr
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:10 pm
Byond Username: Gamarr

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby Gamarr » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:12 pm #437384

We have mice, roaches, and a small score of small creatures, up to monkeys and gorillas now near the top.
Give us implanters/collars for remotely controlling creatures.
A briefcase but its a disguised robotic-mouse lathe. Unlimited/limited production potential and you get a remote to control and detonate/hack/dowhatever as fake roach or mouse, vent-crawling around and being a pain in the ass. Maybe you get a circuit and you gotta set up a computer to control them, or include option for higher-cost hand-held remote instead per player choice.
Collars for obvious or implanters for not to use on monkeys or gorillas. Minor? A bit, but still.... mind-controlled monkeys, what's not to like?

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

Unread postby somerandomguy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:53 pm #437416

Gamarr wrote:We have mice, roaches, and a small score of small creatures, up to monkeys and gorillas now near the top.
Give us implanters/collars for remotely controlling creatures.
A briefcase but its a disguised robotic-mouse lathe. Unlimited/limited production potential and you get a remote to control and detonate/hack/dowhatever as fake roach or mouse, vent-crawling around and being a pain in the ass. Maybe you get a circuit and you gotta set up a computer to control them, or include option for higher-cost hand-held remote instead per player choice.
Collars for obvious or implanters for not to use on monkeys or gorillas. Minor? A bit, but still.... mind-controlled monkeys, what's not to like?

Wrong thread

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests