Post by AnthonyFoyer » #5254

Title: Anthony Foyer - Spam
[admin name] player name - fluff text

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: CaptainCapitalist Anthony Foyer
Banning admin: deuryn
Ban reason and length: Spam - Permanently
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-01-12 03:13:50
Your side of the story: The only way to break out of permabrig was to spam WGW. I knew that a sec officer would come to silence me. He came, I pacified, I escaped. I got banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been months since I've had my fix of tg station. I ventured to liberty station, facepunch, all of them inferior to tg station. Tg Station is the superior server. If only I knew what I got myself into when I was permabanned. I will no longer take tg station for granted.
Last edited by AnthonyFoyer on Sun May 11, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AnthonyFoyer

Re: AnthonyFoyer - Banned For Spam

Post by AnthonyFoyer » #5255

Clarification: Deuryn is the admin this gets to go to.
Deuryn

Re: [deuryn] - Anthony Foyer - Banned for spam

Post by Deuryn » #5508

I kinda remember this. But, what I think I'm missing is exactly WHY I should unban you. So we run a great server, why should I let someone who thinks its okay to spam in order to bait someone into getting killed just so they can escape back on the server?
[23:16] <Pandarsenic> Admin talking to person who adminhelps. Conspiracy, or secret society? More at 11.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198006567155.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561198006567155]Image[/url]
AnthonyFoyer

Post by AnthonyFoyer » #5539

Well I'm decent at RP. Theres that.

Oh and I can play most antag roles without ruining it for the rest of the team. As in, I cooperate with syndicate team leader and I can perform most tasks competently.

Also, I won't read WGW anymore. Because that's not okay.

Oh I also realized that you could've just muted me for a month or something. I mean theres that.
Deuryn

Post by Deuryn » #5632

So... what you're saying is baseline tolerable until you toolbox the clown for slipping you?
[23:16] <Pandarsenic> Admin talking to person who adminhelps. Conspiracy, or secret society? More at 11.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198006567155.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561198006567155]Image[/url]
AnthonyFoyer

Post by AnthonyFoyer » #5717

I'm not sure where you got the whole killing the clown for slipping me, I just feel that a permanent ban for spam might not be the right punishment.
AnthonyFoyer

Post by AnthonyFoyer » #6886

It's been a week whats happening
Deuryn

Post by Deuryn » #6942

The clown thing was a figure of speech. My point is, you don't really seem to grasp just what it was that got you permanently banned from the server.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #6952

Deuryn, can I?

Anthony, you lured somebody into permabrig by spamming WGW over the radio - An action that you know annoys the entirety of the server. You did this knowing that somebody would come in, and when that somebody came in you killed them and took them out of the round. That's killbaiting, right there. You might not've gotten banned if you went nonlethal, but as it stands this is pretty bad. This is the same sort of thing as picking fights with people, always escalating and never de-escalating, doing things to purposely antagonize people and going lethal as soon as you can. If you can prove to Deuryn that you're not going to do that, you might get unbanned - Even so, you'd probably be on probation & subject to a reapplication of the permaban if you did it again.

Until you can convince Deuryn that you're not going to do that, you're going to stay banned; regardless of how much flattery and baseline competence you wag around.

Can we allow this post to stay? I want this post to stay. This is an example of a quality contribution even by someone not involved.
Last edited by Pandarsenic on Mon May 19, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No like seriously though
Deuryn

Post by Deuryn » #6964

I was kinda hoping he'd figure it out himself, but oh well.
AnthonyFoyer

Post by AnthonyFoyer » #7584

Oh okay I got you guys. I didn't realize that the whole bait thing was the problem. Personally I thought that baiting was totally allowed (Within the context of Permabrig), for I typically view being in the permabrig as a challenge to get out, as a "no-bars no holding back" situation. As an inmate, I saw an exploit and exploited it to escape, and I can understand why manipulating lone security guards are wrong. So in the future if I do have a future with the server, I will just simply give up and not attempt to escape the permabrig. I can understand that abusing headsets when I shouldn't have had it in the first place was a mistake. For clarification, are inmates allowed to keep their headset?

Additionally:
If sent into the permanent brig, is it against server policy to attempt to escape without outside help?
What items are permanent inmates typically allowed to have besides a jumpsuit, prisoner ID, and orange shoes?
I did not identify the problem as baiting security guards because I was banned for the reason of spam, and reacted to it respectively.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #7740

The issue isn't that you were a prisoner, people try and escape from permabrig all the time. Specifically, you broke rule 8 of the roleplay policy: http://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Roleplay_Policy

You're not allowed to read WGW/whatever over the radio and fight back, because people did this to bait valid kills. It's disruptive. To answer your questions: No, trying to fight your way out is not bannable. You are allowed to have whatever you are given.
AnthonyFoyer

Post by AnthonyFoyer » #7869

Thanks granny for the clarification. I am actually kind of surprised that I wasn't banned mid spam of WGW, that I was banned after escaping. Do admins actively monitor the round in the same way that dead players spectate the round, or are they only aware of whats going on station wide upon getting an a-help message?
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #7922

Admins are usually observing like dead players. We also see everything that gets said in every chat channel. You're absolutely allowed to read WGW as long as you're not flooding the radio, you just have to accept the fact that you will eventually die for doing so.
AnthonyFoyer

Post by AnthonyFoyer » #8207

Well I think enough time has passed that the admin can make his decision.
Deuryn

Post by Deuryn » #15373

I could have sworn I posted a reply to this. So uh. Denied.