A call for bite size space content

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

A call for bite size space content

Post by Incoming » #124539

So space is boring, by design some would argue. This used to be fine by itself, but with the death of SPACE CUBE and the rise of SPACE DOUGHNUT TORUS we've reached a point where it's become obvious that running into stuff in space is fantastically rare. It is extremely easy to throw someone into space only for them to pop back up on the other side or bounce off a wall and reappear right at your door.

Basically our doughnut is thin, and we need to thicken it up. Adding a ton of empty z levels will help with the thinness but won't make spacing bodies any more effective, which means it's time for content.

What I'm looking for are small scale structures that could reasonably be found in space. Much like secret rooms in the asteroid these little bits of stuff can be RNG scattered every round to the various empty z-levels (except 6, which needs to remain completely vacant for REASONS).

IN SHORT
Post ideas, mockups, or actual map files of small structures to be found in space randomly. I'm talking SMALL structures, things you can all see on one screen (so 15x15 maximum, preferably smaller [7x7ish]). Feel free to throw as much out as many ideas as you want.

THINGS TO AVOID
1. Not every structure needs a "prize" for finding it. Even where a prize is provided it shouldn't be anything that would be hideously unbalancing if someone brought it back to the station. If your prize would cause players to space themselves every round vying to find it, it's too good.
2. Most structures should have some objects/turf on them that are actually dense. The idea is just as much to catch up corpses as it is to make space interesting. Some "lattice only" structures can be interesting, but they should be kept to a minimum.
3. If your structure has electrical needs, it should probably start without power. Sticking a battery and an APC somewhere is ok, but if you don't NEED these things you should leave them out.
4. If your structure has mob(s) that aren't dead make sure they can't wander off into deep space and ruin someone's day without their permission. Most structures probably shouldn't have the means to kill people.

A NOTE ON BOUNCING CORPSES
The way the physics of a mob works in space is that if they are thrown or launched they will fly extremely fast. In this state the body won't stop for floors or grating. They will bounce off a dense object and enter a slower drifting.
A body that starts from drifting (for example by getting sucked/pushed out an airlock) or enters it post bounce will stop if it ends up adjacent to any dense object or lattice.
This means that if the outside edge of your structure is dense and a straight line, a body thrown straight out into it will bounce back to its origin. Most space structures should have some lattice nearby (derelict style) and/or a rough jagged side (asteroid style).
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: A call for bite size space content

Post by lumipharon » #124540

The new space layout is really shit because if you try space a body, 90% of the time it will land back at station.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #124541

inb4 b-but then everyone will leave the station every round never to return!
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #124542

I'd use goons space areas as a model.

- Rewards in space that are randomized each round, but it's no overpowered stuff. Just things to get departments better results.
- Mobs that cannot change z-levels but will fuck your shit up going for rewards unprepared.
- Themed areas like broken Russian shuttles, alien tombs, little bits of lore through papers or recorders
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #124590

http://imgur.com/a/fUx3B

Just a few quick ideas I sketched out in paint. Dunno how to actually map so I figure this is the closest thing.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #124594

Heres a little mech cargo ship thingy I made, on the left is what it would be if it wasn't ruined, on the right is obviously the assblasted one that would actually exist. It has 2 abandoned crates and 1 ripley.

I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #124773

newfren wrote:http://imgur.com/a/fUx3B

Just a few quick ideas I sketched out in paint. Dunno how to actually map so I figure this is the closest thing.

That's my best shot using what I could understand.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #124783

Random-named corpses with random loot on them would be an interesting way to add some variety, as well as adding an extra dash of paranoia.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #124816

The loot needs to be randomized. You don't want people bumrushing spots every round for specific things.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #124819

The loot won't be randomized, the content itself will be. Not every one of these will be discoverable every round, because they won't even be in accessible space. Some are placed, others aren't. The idea is to get enough of these to where looking for one specifically is a snipe hunt. If you're going deep space spelunking you'll be rolling those dice hard.

newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #124824

allura wrote:
newfren wrote:http://imgur.com/a/fUx3B

That's my best shot using what I could understand.
I meant for those dug out tiles in the last one to be like gibonite had gone off nearby or you'd already dug them with a shovel, lore wise it's supposed to be a chunk of the asteroid that's been blown off by a gibonite explosion, catching some poor miner as it went off.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #124879

This may be a little too big but I'mma submit it anyways.
It's supposed to be a bio-research containment station kind of thing which houses specimens. Left is pristine, Right is +FUN actual version.

Shields start on.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #124883

wires to the alien containment should be broken, maybe some more breaches. seems ok otherwise.

i also suggest we add these things to 2 new z-levels instead of adding them to the current z-levels, so its easier to space corpses.

also, i don't think making randomly generated asteroid belts would be that hard. (they would be all high-value tiles without mobs, probably)

E:

I have an idea for a map fragment:

some sort of "gang bar", which would basically just be a cobbled-togheter heap of junk with an airtight area for the barman (and a back area out of sight of the rest), a "parking lot" with pods, and a button for the barman to space the rest of the bar when things get too rough.

Also, revolutionary hideout, basically a hollowed out asteroid with asteroid-colored shutters as entrance and rev-related rooms.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #124891

>pods

Good luck doing that, me thinks Startoad was the last guy on that feature.

Otherwise I might look into conjuring up something, lord knows the things I put up for Lavaland will never get used.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #124894

Miauw wrote: I have an idea for a map fragment:

some sort of "gang bar", which would basically just be a cobbled-togheter heap of junk with an airtight area for the barman (and a back area out of sight of the rest), a "parking lot" with pods, and a button for the barman to space the rest of the bar when things get too rough.
As cool as the bar sounds, I don't think it would work. So either you have the bar just be empty (boring but its feasible then), or you have actual customers and a barman in it. If you want to have people in it then you want them to actual do stuff instead of just wander around retardedly, so the best course would be to use SNPCs and make some modules, but you'd need to program in them talking to each other (aswell as add a specific quiet talk where you can't hear from across the room, because who just talks loudly in a bar so everyone can hear you), and if you fuck around with them they would logically get mad and attack you like a real person, so they would fight you and bystanders could get involved, and the barkeeper would get pissed off and say to knock it off or else, and theres a chance for the SNPC to quit fighting you, but if you keep fighting they'll keep fighting and the barman will shoot you or whatever, and if the SNPC keeps fighting the barman will do that to him.
There would need to be a way for the NPCs to enter and exit preferably alone or in groups of 2-3 at a time, and while pods sound cool a player could fuck with them and ride in them, so that wouldn't work. The best solution would to be have an NPC only beam out pad where they teleport out but a player can't use.
You'd need a way to interact with the barkeeper and pay and purchase drinks, so I'd assume you would need to say what you want, and then put money on a counter adjacent to him and he takes it and serves the drink you asked for, and if you keep saying things the NPC doesn't understand he gets pissed off and tells you to leave, and if you leave you're fine but otherwise he tries to shoot you and forcefully kick you out. You would need multiple common variations of the terms for drinks aswell.
There could be different outfits for the different patrons of the bar, like syndie clothes, rugged clothes, gang attire, etc.

But I doubt anyone wants to code all that shit, so if it does get added it will probably just be a boring empty bar.

PS: if it did get implemented, The barman would need to be a real shitler who overcharges for drinks and gets mad easily, and his name would have to be 'Seedy B.'

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #124895

White ship can get new destinations super easy with new shuttle code.

So like the space bar suggestion, you could easily setup a new destination in the parking lot for the white ship, for example.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #124897

If you want to use the white ship for that you would want to slim it down so it can fit into smaller ports, I would suggest using metastation's white ship as a base, minus the excessive content on it since that got some people's knickers in a twist last time.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #124899

Don't fucking change the white ship, that thing is a relic from a different era of spessmens
Last edited by Bawhoppennn on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #124902

There's no reason why you couldn't add additional ships, for that matter.
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #124959

The reason we can't add more functional ships is that each one of them would need a unique place to park on every map, or they could "overwrite" each other if another comes in to dock while a ship is already there. No limit on abandoned ships though.

If you have an idea that requires new non coded objects that's probably not going to get done for this pull.

If you actually opened up dream maker and sketched up an idea please post the .dmm somewhere so I can use it. Otherwise I'd just have to remake it anyways.

I'm not killing the white ship, or the other existent z-levels for that matter.

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #124973

they dont all have to have the same list of destinations yo.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #124978

Bawhoppennn wrote:
Miauw wrote: I have an idea for a map fragment:

As cool as the bar sounds, I don't think it would work. So either you have the bar just be empty (boring but its feasible then), or you have actual customers and a barman in it. If you want to have people in it then you want them to actual do stuff instead of just wander around retardedly, so the best course would be to use SNPCs and make some modules, but you'd need to program in them talking to each other (aswell as add a specific quiet talk where you can't hear from across the room, because who just talks loudly in a bar so everyone can hear you), and if you fuck around with them they would logically get mad and attack you like a real person, so they would fight you and bystanders could get involved, and the barkeeper would get pissed off and say to knock it off or else, and theres a chance for the SNPC to quit fighting you, but if you keep fighting they'll keep fighting and the barman will shoot you or whatever, and if the SNPC keeps fighting the barman will do that to him.
There would need to be a way for the NPCs to enter and exit preferably alone or in groups of 2-3 at a time, and while pods sound cool a player could fuck with them and ride in them, so that wouldn't work. The best solution would to be have an NPC only beam out pad where they teleport out but a player can't use.
You'd need a way to interact with the barkeeper and pay and purchase drinks, so I'd assume you would need to say what you want, and then put money on a counter adjacent to him and he takes it and serves the drink you asked for, and if you keep saying things the NPC doesn't understand he gets pissed off and tells you to leave, and if you leave you're fine but otherwise he tries to shoot you and forcefully kick you out. You would need multiple common variations of the terms for drinks aswell.
There could be different outfits for the different patrons of the bar, like syndie clothes, rugged clothes, gang attire, etc.

But I doubt anyone wants to code all that shit, so if it does get added it will probably just be a boring empty bar.

PS: if it did get implemented, The barman would need to be a real shitler who overcharges for drinks and gets mad easily, and his name would have to be 'Seedy B.'
it would be empty and basically ruined, like all space sturctures.

also by parking lot for pods i literally just mean some fake escape pods.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #124983

Currently mapping out a dilapidated Satellite of Love while I wait for Kor's corpse spawning PR to get merged so I can finish a little plasmaman ship that had an oxygen fire.
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #125080

Miauw wrote: it would be empty and basically ruined, like all space sturctures.
See, that would be no fun, like how many lifeless abandoned structures are there in fucking space?

DaemonBomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #125084

If we added more space ambiance, I bet a lot of those structures would feel less lifeless and more creepy.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #125085

Spawners for ghosts to come back as a space bartender would be possible. I'd planned something similar for lavaworld.
TheDoorman
Byond Username: TheDoorman

Post by TheDoorman » #125097

What about some kind of space temple to an elder god on a small meteorite? doesn't really need anything specifically good in it i jut thinks it adds to the whole paranoia theme you know since cult rounds are,in fact, things.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #125162

Kor wrote:Spawners for ghosts to come back as a space bartender would be possible. I'd planned something similar for lavaworld.

The first time I read your post I skimmed past it, but now that I re-read it, thats a fucking AMAZING idea.
Make it so ghosts can respawn as customers and the barman, and then THAT becomes the vallhala, and they can hang out there, and if any enterprising spess explorers go there they can talk to them and shit
(of course give them a big prompt 'STAY IN THE BAR AND DON'T INTERFERE WITH THE ROUND')

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #125163

fuck me, double post
Last edited by Bawhoppennn on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #126036

Ayyylmao Russian Military Outpost.

I was going to add fluff text onto a piece of paper in actual russian, but maybe later

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #126087

Put CYKA graffiti on the outside
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #126104

needs more breaches/10

also you could put a gun without ammo in there, and then have ammo for another type of gun.
i think that might be balanced?
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #126108

Well the idea is it was abandoned in haste due to military/political reasons, and not because it got breached or anything. My idea for it originally was to remains and a deathsquad helmet and a toy laser gun that was sprited as a pulse rifle, but I decided against it.

Also if theres going to be so much content, I don't know if adding guns to every single one is a good idea.

Miauw

Post by Miauw » #126168

both good points.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #126200

Lizard gassing facility.

(It had to happen)

JackHunt
Byond Username: JackHunt

Post by JackHunt » #126230

Most of these should have some sort of exterior lattice/solar array to help indicate that they are essentially satellites. Really liking some of the ideas though. I am all for bigger and more varied space content.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #126238

Bawhoppennn wrote:Lizard gassing facility.

(It had to happen)
I absolutely love this.
Bring back papercult.

DaemonBomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #126268

The gassing facility is hilarious.
I'm working on a bunch of things, but my laptop is currently... undergoing a bit of maintenance, so I can't show them yet.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #126290

Gassing is slow and inefficient.
Make a room with a bunch of incinerators, with emagged crushers + conveyors leading to them.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #126890

JackHunt wrote:Most of these should have some sort of exterior lattice/solar array to help indicate that they are essentially satellites. Really liking some of the ideas though. I am all for bigger and more varied space content.
I knew I was forgetting something.
lumipharon wrote:Gassing is slow and inefficient.
Make a room with a bunch of incinerators, with emagged crushers + conveyors leading to them.
Gassing is more thematically correct imo.

I have one concern about making new zlevel content though.
If we make hundreds of different small structures, we're going to see alot of similar things, How many military spy outposts can there be? How many abandoned shuttles can there be?
When we make all these different things, we'll see the same items, same walls, same floors, and same themes. Right now with our few zlevel structures they're relatively diverse, A russian DJ station, a old derelict station, an abandoned satellite, an ancient ship, and thats about it.
If we see all these reused objects, it helps make the universe feel small and game-y, where as having items and structures for specific pieces of content will help make the universe feel bigger, where there's different crap for different groups of people, instead of the same items being used by everyone.

What we need is just a bunch of fluff objects, to help pad out the world.

JackHunt

Post by JackHunt » #126896

Asteroids, shuttles, aliens, cults structures, changeling things, clowns, mimes, NT, Syndicate, Russians, Old Earth stuff ect, all have a reason to be in space. There is an absolute crap ton of content in SS13 and all you need to do is find a way to package it up neatly.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #126898

JackHunt wrote:Asteroids, shuttles, aliens, cults structures, changeling things, clowns, mimes, NT, Syndicate, Russians, Old Earth stuff ect, all have a reason to be in space. There is an absolute crap ton of content in SS13 and all you need to do is find a way to package it up neatly.
Yes, but I see just alot of similar things being reused between content, and just a huge lack of diversity. I still think there definitely needs to be some specific items for just space content, and maybe a few new wall types.

DeutscherMajor
Byond Username: DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #126939

Amish station. With wooden doors, and wooden floors, and wooden walls.
The reason its abandoned?
The outher "airlocks" are wooden doors, too.
DaemonBomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #126943

IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE!
NEXT SUNDAY AD!
THERE WAS A GUY NAMED JOEL!
NOT TOO DIFFERENT FROM YOU OR ME!
HE WORKED IN GIZMONIC INSTITUTE!
JUST ANOTHER FACE IN A RED JUMPSUIT!
HE DID A GOOD JOB CLEANING UP THE PLACE!
BUT HIS BOSSES DIDN'T LIKE HIM SO THEY SHOT HIM INTO SPACE!
We'll send him cheesy movies! (Lalala!)
The worst, we can find! (Lalala!)
He'll have to sit and watch them all!
While we monitor his mind!
Now, keep in mind, Joel can't control,
When the movies begin or end,
Because he used those special parts!
To make his robot friends!

ROBOT ROLL CALL!
CAMBOT!
GYPSY!
TOM SERVO!
CROOOOOW!

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes,
And other science facts,
Repeat to yourself "It's just a show
I should really just relax!"
For...
MYSTERY
SCIENCE
THEATRE
THREETHOOOUSAAAAND!!!
(Breeoooow)
JackHunt

Post by JackHunt » #126948

That satellite of love is perfect. I literally want to throw together a PR with all the stuff in this thread right this second.
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #126949

Again if you guys who are actually taking the time to map these things could post the actual map files somewhere it'd save everyone a lot of work later

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #126951

Incoming wrote:Again if you guys who are actually taking the time to map these things could post the actual map files somewhere it'd save everyone a lot of work later
I plan to make more things. I will send a .dmm file when I feel I did alot of things I wanted to.

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #126953

DaemonBomb wrote: fun stuff
ayy.lmao

also why is there fucking rust in space and whats with the random rwall spots

DaemonBomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #126960

The R-walls are because the satellite of love has a lot of texture and business, but I didn't want to make it too annoying to enter from the outside. I might remove the rust though, cause it is pretty ugly...
I didn't notice that diagonal walls like that existed. I'll fix that.
Anything else?
Oh, and I'll put up a .dmm soon. I got some other stuff I'm working on, and I put them all on the same .dll for ease of copy-pasting

Plasmaman Oxygen Fire
White Version:
More Plasma Version:
Spoiler:
A Plasmaman shuttle that was transporting oxygen for study, only to be sabotaged when some rude dude starts an oxygen fire!
It contains two dead plasmamen (Kor had to get a PR through to change corpse spawners so I could place Plasmamen corpses, thank you so much Kor!)

It also contains two complete plasmamen suits, one in the southern SSU (The northern one is open and empty in game), the other on the floor around the Plasmaman that opened the firelock (Killing the Pilot) and fumbled with the suit before succumbing to the inferno.

There are also two shot glasses of Toxin Special, a fire closet, a tool closet, a communications console, atmospherics alarm console, and power monitoring console, and one canister of plasma. When actually in game, the canister of oxygen is broken open and empty. The open doors leading to that empty 1x1 room are all emagged open.

Note: This would allow playable Plasmamen via putting a brain in one of the corpses and cloning it in a fully plasma environment.

Generic dead spaceship

Spoiler:
See title. No special items, just something to reorient yourself on if you get lost in space.
Last edited by DaemonBomb on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #126962

DaemonBomb wrote: I didn't notice that diagonal walls like that existed. I'll fix that.
They don't exist. I made them just for that.