Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
Psyentific
 
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Byond Username: Psyentific

Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Psyentific » Mon May 26, 2014 9:39 am #9113

When spacemen don't have a last name.
When the singularity is released at 15m in because someone screwed up the emitters.
When the AI doesn't open the door.
When someone bumps into you while you're pulling something, causing you to lose the pull.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.



User avatar
Knaive
 
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 6:25 am
Byond Username: Knaive

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Knaive » Mon May 26, 2014 10:37 am #9118

When people litter.
When no one locks the emitters, and to an extent the collectors.
When techs replace every pump in atmos with a volume pump.
When ninjas walk around in the halls all exposed and being seen by everyone.
When people tell me to 'Keep up the good work' while I'm working.

User avatar
looping
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:22 pm
Location: auschwitz, dingoland
Byond Username: Looping

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby looping » Mon May 26, 2014 11:05 am #9121

Knaive wrote:When people tell me to 'Keep up the good work' while I'm working.

really?
appeal me now ok think about it admin u could have a friend a friend who comes down to ur house and listens to ur words but doesnt respond to them because he knows that words are for the weak and physical violence is the superior form of communication but u wont accept this ur scared ur stuck in the prefix of pretification yea thats right ur sitting there stuck to the floor from ur goopy liquid glue sweat unable tro answer the door guess whos there its my friend spooner who is requesting appeal me
Image

User avatar
Knaive
 
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 6:25 am
Byond Username: Knaive

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Knaive » Mon May 26, 2014 11:49 am #9130

Yeah, it just makes me feel contrarian and not want to keep working.

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Dax Dupont » Mon May 26, 2014 11:59 am #9133

Fucking greytiders stealing engineering's gloves and sec not doing shit about it.
Getting pushed 1233214214 times when pulling shit.
Kawaii faggots
Janitors that don't put signs out or slip people intentionally.
Stupid fucking clowns that do nothing but grief in a really lame way. It's funnier when they do more clever things. Also Sacramouche clown is best clown.
Antag mimes, seriously. Also people that suicide if they spawn as non-antag mime. Should be banned for that shit.

User avatar
Munchlax
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:25 am
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Munchlax » Mon May 26, 2014 12:10 pm #9137

Talking mimes.
Talking animals.
People who refuse to use interpunction.

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby miggles » Mon May 26, 2014 12:42 pm #9142

elitism
using other jobs as a thinly-veiled excuse to greytide
people who are rude for no reason
people who follow rnd guides and get angry if you do anything
chefs that cook hamburgers, ever
chefs that dont make use of their botanists
botanists that dont provide plants for the chef
erpers
people who try to "save" their metafriends from "shitcurity" when they have absolutely no clue whats going on
people who do the above and dont even try to defend it with claims of shitcurity
prisoners who go catatonic when you brig them
when i try to be nice to people in perma and bring them alcohol or something and the warden confiscates it
heads of staff who dont speak in proper syntax (this is how you tell that they are shitty heads of staff)
engineers who have their own super-spergy special snowflake SMES settings who scream their heads off if you dont set them the way they want
le fune meta jokes le ;g 420 wizard ops le blaze it le XD viva absorbing ninja!1! XD :33333333




overly detailed thread titles
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

User avatar
Kelenius
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:53 am
Byond Username: Kelenius

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Kelenius » Mon May 26, 2014 1:32 pm #9150

Ho boy.

I am Kelenius and this is my favorite thread on /tg/.

Rant incoming.

When my cyborg bolts upload/tech storage/EVA/anything of the kind FNR.
When captain thinks I have to let him upload laws just because he's a captain.
When someone calls me rogue because I stunned them in upload.
When prisoners in perma spam papers.
When security locks down prisoners in perma so the only thing they can do is spam papers.
When I have to open engineering storage when CE is present.
When atmosians syphon the area with very little toxins.
When they shout at me when I scrub instead of syphoning.
When engineers forget the SMES and I have to set it up.
When atmosians replace pumps with volume and don't connect the pumps in the hallway (do you even know what you are doing and why?).
When I have a broken camera in telecomms monitoring.
When the heads don't know how to red alert.
When security talks about killing and then calls me rogue when I lock them down.
When people scream 'AI MALF' when they see a emagged APC.
When people scream 'BORGS ROGUE HUMAN HARM' when they get flashed.
When people scream 'BORGS ROGUE HUMAN HARM' when I'm paladin or corporate.
When people scream 'AI LAW 2 OPEN DOOR' when I'm not asimov and everyone knows it.
When people emag bolted doors (it's not helping you, you're just being a prick).
Superpower virus. With sneezing.
When someone messes with my camera, for any reason.
Wizards.
When people don't turn on suit sensors.
When security calls me rogue when I release non-violent prisoners.
When engineers boost singulo to stage 3 (this happens so often I don't even try to stop them).
When someone makes a restart vote.
'I ded plz restart' jokes.
When people use fire against blob for any reason. FOR ANY REASON. IT NEVER WORKS WELL. NEVER.
When engineers don't fill plasma tanks.
When people scream 'AI ROGUE' when there's a plasma flood caused by an atmosian.

I think that's all for now.

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Steelpoint » Mon May 26, 2014 1:38 pm #9151

When security calls me rogue when I release non-violent prisoners.


Well gosh even I would call you rogue if you were releasing prisoners.

If an AI does this, I will personally take the Ion Gun, break into the AI Core and terminate the AI.

Coincidently one of my pet peeves are Silicon's getting involved in mundane arrests, more so when they keep releasing said prisoner cause law 2.
Image

User avatar
Kelenius
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:53 am
Byond Username: Kelenius

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Kelenius » Mon May 26, 2014 1:56 pm #9153

Steelpoint wrote:
When security calls me rogue when I release non-violent prisoners.


Well gosh even I would call you rogue if you were releasing prisoners.

If an AI does this, I will personally take the Ion Gun, break into the AI Core and terminate the AI.

Coincidently one of my pet peeves are Silicon's getting involved in mundane arrests, more so when they keep releasing said prisoner cause law 2.

This can literally be stopped by saying, ONCE, AT ROUNDSTART, 'AI don't release prisoners'. If the security isn't using their brains, and not even trying to talk to AI about it, it's their own problem.

There, now AI can choose if it should release prisoners unless there is a direct threat. If the AI doesn't have orders to not release them, and there is no human harm from releasing them, it MUST release them, because not doing so would be breaking its laws and is bannable.

'Rogue AI' means that it has laws that make it act against the crew. It doesn't means that the AI is following its laws not in the way you want.

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Steelpoint » Mon May 26, 2014 2:14 pm #9155

You would think the AI would be smart enough to assume that there is a good reason why someone is incarcerated.

Well whatever, release prisoners from Security at your own peril. Just don't lodge a ban request when you get a Ion Rifle shoved up your digital ass.
Image

User avatar
Ikarrus
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:17 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Ikarrus » Mon May 26, 2014 3:12 pm #9156

-Greytiders, thieves, vandals, assistants.
-HoPs with all access
-HoPs who use the Captain's Announcement System, usually for stupid bullshit
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Malkevin » Mon May 26, 2014 3:27 pm #9161

People who spell 'laser' as 'lazor'
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
Neerti
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:06 pm
Byond Username: Neerti

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Neerti » Mon May 26, 2014 4:29 pm #9171

People not in help intent in the hallway.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?

User avatar
Lovecraft
 
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:19 am
Location: Currently roaming
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Lovecraft » Mon May 26, 2014 4:48 pm #9173

People who are consistently shit every round with no redeeming qualities.
Janitors who make smug remarks when you slip on their water instead of helping you up.
Dirty bars.
People who take the Clown just so they can be a shitler and get away with it.
People who expect luxuries in perma.
As Captain, when the Head of Security flat out just disobeys me constantly. I love a good disagreement, but never listening to me is a different thing.
AIs who use the Vox system for no reason.
Roleplay in situations where it really isn't needed.
People who hack into areas/go against Security as a nonantag.
People who "peacefully" use Syndicate items/Changeling powers and then paint me as a bad guy when I brig them.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.

User avatar
Alzam
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:03 pm
Byond Username: Alzam

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Alzam » Mon May 26, 2014 5:15 pm #9180

"Friendly" wizards.
Crewmembers who defend any wizard period, unless its part of some admin gimmick or mixed roundtype
People who crowd the blob and set their intent off friendly so it makes moving around fucking impossible
AIs who bolt EVA/Tcomms FNR and demand two head approvals even if you have access to said places
Officers who follow space law to a T
Officers who remain silent from the stun all the way to setting your brig timer, even if you aren't screaming at them
Officers who put you in prisoner attire and lock up all your shit and then set the timer for something low like 3minutes
Janitors who purposefully wet high traffic areas, signs or no, just to grief.
People who steal my snowflake hidden jumpsuit
Non antags who loot dead bodies of fucking everything and don't have the decency to take them to cloning afterwards
Image

User avatar
ShadowDimentio
 
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 3:15 am
Byond Username: David273

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby ShadowDimentio » Mon May 26, 2014 5:42 pm #9181

IT BEGINS

People who demand an explanation to let you into anywhere, even if you let them watch what you're doing as you do it.
Chemists.
Chemists who attack you if you get access to chem from the HoP and steal your ID.
Chemists who refuse to make you things for any reason besides it being dangerous and you not having a clear reason for needing it.
CMO never ever giving the botanist permission to get chem access.
Heads not listening when their subordinates are being shit.
Security.
Security random searching you for no rasin.
Security arresting you for extremely shit reasons and looting you in the process.
Losing as antag because of something you couldn't possibly have controlled.
Playing viro/R&D/xenobio and finishing your work the moment the shuttle is called.
People who release the singu and don't set up a beacon for it to go to.
People who bomb the station within the first 20 minutes of the round as antag.
People who call the shuttle as soon as nukers are seen.
Really shitty blobs.
Dying because your head was an antag.
People who murderbone.
AIs who light the station on fire.
People who accuse the AI of being rogue because it didn't open a door or something.
People who lynch nonantag AIs for the above.
People who ride the AIs ass for every second it spends not doing what you want.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz

User avatar
Ikarrus
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:17 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Ikarrus » Mon May 26, 2014 5:49 pm #9182

-People who think HoP giving you access equates for legit authorization to enter
-People who think the AI opening doors for you equates to legit authorization to enter
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?

Lo6a4evskiy
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 pm
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Lo6a4evskiy » Mon May 26, 2014 5:57 pm #9183

Ikarrus wrote:-People who think HoP giving you access equates for legit authorization to enter
-People who think the AI opening doors for you equates to legit authorization to enter

The second is semi-legit, if the first one is not legit, I don't know what is.
Lovecraft wrote:AIs who use the Vox system for no reason.

Vox is incredibly inflexible. I often find that it lacks just basic words while containing bullshit like johnsons abortions.

User avatar
ColonicAcid
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby ColonicAcid » Mon May 26, 2014 6:03 pm #9184

well no it isn't
if the hop gives you armoury access as an assistant does that mean you're allowed in there?
nope
HoP has jurisdiction on his own to give access to areas that are direct sub-ordinates of him, everything else is illegal until the respective head allows it.
Just because you have access doesn't mean you're allowed in there unless authorized by the head.
crack is whack but smacks got your back

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Steelpoint » Mon May 26, 2014 6:12 pm #9186

The HoP giving the Clown access to the Armoury does not mean the Clown has legal authorization to enter the Armoury. It comes down to the fact that just being given access to your ID does not mean you gain authorization to the area's with that access. Hell, its been well known the HoP's giving themselves All Access does not automaticly mean they have authorization to go everywhere on the station (Though this is oft treated as the norm). Actually being reassigned to the job does give you access, but that's also an issue of the department head giving the all clear to that transfer.

Going on topic, here's my personnel list of pet peeves.

- Officers that don't secure their lockers.
- Warden's that act like Security Officers, your job is to babysit the Armoury, look after prisoners and act like the guy on the radio in every FPS game in exsistance feeding you intel.
- Officer's that don't respond on the radio for roll call's or ever.

- HoP's that try and take a gun from the Armoury.
- HoP's that claim they have legit access to the Armoury.
- HoP's that cry and moan when I boot them out of the Armoury/Sec.
- HoP's in general when they go HoPcurity.
- I don't like HoP's.
- (I do like the feeling when you arrest a bad HoP.)

- Greytider's
- People hacking Sec's doors for no reason.
- People who resist any form of Security interaction at all costs.
- Bystanders that interfere with arrests and wilfully help arrested suspects escape.
- People who cry "shitcurity" and "HoS killing me AI".

- Silicon's that release prisoners without asking myself or any other Sec Personnel.
- Double so when they release a god damn perma prisoner.

There's more, but I think that sum's up a nice list.

Don't get me wrong, despite my list of "pet peeves" I don't wallow in insanity and depression. Its more of annoying thing that tickles my nerves when it happens but I deal with it. Except for that damn lawyer.
Image

User avatar
Cheridan
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:04 am
Byond Username: Cheridan

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Cheridan » Mon May 26, 2014 6:22 pm #9189

People with NO GIRLS ALLOWED pillowfort mentalities when it comes to people being anywhere they don't have round-start access to.
This is only ok for Sec, people on the Bridge, and maybe Engineering.

"HOLY SHIT THERE'S A BARTENDER IN ROBOTICS I'D BETTER FREAK THE FUCK OUT FLASH HIM AND THROW HIM INTO THE TRASH"
At least take a second to ask them WHY they're there before you kick them out of your safety hugbox.

It's even worse when you actually DO have access to an area. Recently I signed up as engineer so that I could better learn how Telecoms is initially set up so I could repair it better in the future.
The CE rushes in, flashes me, drags me out of the room and into the hallway, calls security and screeches about how I was "tampering with shit".
I told him I'd show him what tampering looks like and I lit his office on fire.
Image


/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.

Apsis
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Apsis » Mon May 26, 2014 6:33 pm #9190

-People on the wrong intent in maintenance. I can deal with it in the halls, but if you push me in maint I might knock you out.
-Getting arrested for defending myself, my department, someone else, etc.
-Officers/Wardens that take items away from you that are easy to get.
-People who can't type correctly IC and expect me to pay attention to them.

Not much, but I'm more likely to be someones pet peeve anyway.

Cheimon
 
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 6:53 pm
Byond Username: Cheimon

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Cheimon » Mon May 26, 2014 6:46 pm #9191

Friendly wizards. Especially if they still need someone dead, and even more if people defend them.

Assistants who think the height of comedy is to get actual criminals free.

Summon guns/summon magic. Never a fun round. Highly random and therefore boring, there's no sense of control.

Chemists who won't give you a standard chemical for your job.

Roboticists who take much longer than they need to borg someone.

Anyone who gets involved in security issues and then becomes a liability/stuns the people they're "helping" because they have doubts. HOP is the most likely to be guilty.

Chefs who don't make any food.

Virologists who invalidate the chef's food.

Lawyers who don't even try to practice law.

People who yell that you're rogue because you're carrying an item. Yes, I'm a security officer, no, I can't fit this cult sword in my backpack. Yes, I'm a security borg, no, I actually am dragging the HOS to cloning. Especially if you're a borg.

People who blow borgs based on inaccurate radio reports, particularly if it's only one person. Lock 'em down!

Lo6a4evskiy
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 pm
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Lo6a4evskiy » Mon May 26, 2014 7:58 pm #9203

ColonicAcid wrote:well no it isn't
if the hop gives you armoury access as an assistant does that mean you're allowed in there?
nope
HoP has jurisdiction on his own to give access to areas that are direct sub-ordinates of him, everything else is illegal until the respective head allows it.
Just because you have access doesn't mean you're allowed in there unless authorized by the head.

um, no

Head of Personnel is not a machine which pops out access you put in it. It's a head who manages assignments and personnel. If HoP gives you armory access because it's blob, you're allowed in there. If HoP gives you access to brig because there are no officers, you are allowed in there.

If HoP gives away access randomly, he's a stupid dipshit cunt, but that's not a problem of those who received access. I mean, if you received a gun from HoS, are you to blame for taking it? No, the HoS is for giving it to you. Then why would you be punished for access received from HoP?

And yes, HoP can promote himself. HoP can give himself armory access. HoP can give himself all access.

The question is, was it justifiable under the circumstances?

I mean, I don't think you will object that HoP getting all access when half of the station is in ruins, nuke ops got the disk and revolutionaries are everywhere is an okay thing? Well, that is not an exception. That is normal. HoP's job is to manage personnel according to the circumstances, whether it be lack of engineers or blob eating the station.

Another example. What if there is no head of certain department? Is HoP allowed to assign people then? If so, is that yet another exception? No, that's just, again, circumstances.

Technically HoP can freely assign people to departments without permission of department head, but that's considered rude. It's not illegal or anything though.

User avatar
ColonicAcid
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby ColonicAcid » Mon May 26, 2014 8:06 pm #9204

huh

no that's not remotely true at all
hop doesn't have jurisdiction over those departments. if he gives you armoury access in a blob scenario that's still illegal access but it's hindsighted due to the fact there's a fucking blob and there's no time to ask. In other situations your ass and the HoP's ass is going to get fucked.
crack is whack but smacks got your back

User avatar
captain sawrge
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Sawrge

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby captain sawrge » Mon May 26, 2014 8:10 pm #9206

Autists who whine over inane bullshit.
Image

PostThis post was deleted by Ikarrus on Mon May 26, 2014 8:11 pm.

User avatar
Ikarrus
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:17 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Ikarrus » Mon May 26, 2014 8:14 pm #9208

HoP giving access out without checking with the head is ultimately an IC issue, but it will inevitably lead to conflict and misunderstandings due to the lack of communication. And if you're going to be causing conflict you're a shitty manager.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby bandit » Mon May 26, 2014 8:35 pm #9210

Assistants who drag away prisoners I am arresting for legitimate reasons
Assistants who whine when security confiscates their stunprods, IEDs or other contraband/graytiding tools
Engineers who take tools from primary/auxiliary tool storage and not their workplacr
Chemists who are bitches about making mutagen
People who smash windows to space in maint
People who scream AI ROGUE when the AI can't interact with a hacked and/or emagged door
New mining, in general
Nuke ops who can't figure out how to use the consoles or the radio or communicate at all
Last edited by bandit on Mon May 26, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

Lo6a4evskiy
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 pm
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Lo6a4evskiy » Mon May 26, 2014 8:36 pm #9211

More likely is that they won't even notice.

Now that we have this shitty heads-can-change-access-to-their-department thing this seems like a non-issue to me.

Seriously, I don't think I've ever had an issue with that except for one time I deliberately allowed miners into R&D because RD was being a cunt and not cooperating with them.

Don't get me wrong, I usually ask, but most of the time head doesn't care. When I have a round-start boom I can't wait five minutes for the head to respond about this one guy - assistants will murder each other in line. Instead I can use my own judgement - that's what a good manager does. How the fuck do heads even know who's applying? I don't think I've ever gotten a head to come over and see, at least not recently. So, in fact, heads have less info about the new guys than HoP does.

Basically, ID console for HoP is what engine is for CE. It can affect everyone, but it doesn't mean that head has to ask permission to shut down singularity (some like to use solars only) or rebuild atmos, or anything.

User avatar
Ikarrus
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:17 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Ikarrus » Mon May 26, 2014 8:38 pm #9212

The CE still cannot cut off power or mess with other department radio channels without getting his ass kicked.

The very least I ask is that HoPs make an attempt to communicate with the head. If the head doesn't care, then that's his issue, not the HoP's. When I play HoP, I ask for objections, not for permission, unless it's a very sensitive position, like head/sec
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?

Fatal
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:25 pm
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Fatal » Mon May 26, 2014 9:13 pm #9218

Everyone who shouts on the radio RECALL the instant a shuttle is called, without understanding why

Pretty much every HoP ever, seriously, practically every time I play security or Captain, there is always some conflict with the HoP, usually leading to some warning, I've had to demote a few, and outright permabrig a couple

I don't really understand why people choose HoP job when they aren't going to be responsible with it, if you want to be irresponsible, there's a grey jumpsuit in the locker room with your name on it

Captains who don't secure the nuke disk

Captains who keep the nuke disk, pinpointer, and spare ID, and their own ID on them at all times (if you lose the disk, the pinpointer is there for other people to find it, if you lose both, it's gone)

User avatar
Kavaloosh
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Kavaloosh » Mon May 26, 2014 10:37 pm #9223

people who dont end emotes with periods

everyone does this
it's terrible
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.

Aurx
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:24 pm
Byond Username: Aurx

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Aurx » Mon May 26, 2014 10:45 pm #9227

All those idiots who wait an hour to ahelp something only at round end because "well he's not a tator".
Worse, all those idiots who wait an hour to ahelp something at round end that requires current-round variables to solve so everybody else has to sit and wait while it's sorted out.
ATTENTION SS13 PLAYERS: ADMINHELP THINGS WHEN THEY HAPPEN
It takes all of ten seconds to check antags, and can be impossible to resolve if you wait too long.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN

User avatar
Vekter
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: In the kitchen, poisoning your food
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Vekter » Mon May 26, 2014 11:19 pm #9235

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
Lovecraft wrote:AIs who use the Vox system for no reason.

Vox is incredibly inflexible. I often find that it lacks just basic words while containing bullshit like johnsons abortions.

REPORT TO MEDBAY FOR JOHNSON INSPECTION

I actually feel like creative use of the Vox can be pretty funny.

- People who get impatient and break in to a department, then get pissed when you try to remove them. Robotics is a secure area, you fucking man-children. I will ask you but you better have a damn good reason for being there.
- People who get arrested for b&e then scream SHITCURITY
PM: REDACTED/(REDACTED)->Kevinz000/(REDACTED): Because I had maximum yield explosives and a job to do


Spoiler:
The space bear stares alertly at the giant spider.

Image

Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Malkevin » Mon May 26, 2014 11:31 pm #9241

Always remember as a robotocist:
-You have the most powerful one handed common melee weapon in game
-You have a device cable of a heavy stun; you also have cable coils, cells, and metal for rods.
-Admin stance on B&E is that they're enthusiastically volunteering.


So flash em and saw em in the head then borg them, and order them to be jani-borg while you're at it.
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
Jeb
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:01 pm
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Jeb » Mon May 26, 2014 11:37 pm #9242

Pretty sure force borging is a no-no and shouldn't be encouraged.
Image
Unbiased Global Moderator
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Image

User avatar
Ikarrus
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:17 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Ikarrus » Mon May 26, 2014 11:45 pm #9243

Historically, if you break into robotics with the intent to cause trouble admins won't do anything if the workers decide to force borg you. There's even a clause in the silicon policy that mentions it.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?

User avatar
Jeb
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:01 pm
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Jeb » Mon May 26, 2014 11:45 pm #9244

Well then I stand corrected.
Image
Unbiased Global Moderator
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Image

callanrockslol
 
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:47 pm
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby callanrockslol » Mon May 26, 2014 11:46 pm #9245

People that do not trust me to save the station when they catch me with the captains laser, three e-guns, a stun baton, full body armor and a helmet, a teleporter and a flamethrower.

Especially after I just beat two traitors to death and liberated them of their stolen possessions.



People that don't let me clone changelings for infinite slime food are jerks too.

Ikarrus wrote:Historically, if you break into robotics with the intent to cause trouble admins won't do anything if the workers decide to force borg you. There's even a clause in the silicon policy that mentions it.


If you break into robotics you deserve it, you can't do shit without a robotics ID.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.

Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."

Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.

Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it

petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature

MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?

Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby

oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode

Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.

Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them



OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget

Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right

all we're saying is that you're not crag son


bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game

The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy

User avatar
Ikarrus
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:17 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Ikarrus » Tue May 27, 2014 12:01 am #9247

We used to have a big problem with people breaking into robotics to steal flashes. The policy of letting workers have !!FUN!! with burglars helped curb it.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?

Higgin
 
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 6:39 pm
Byond Username: Higgin

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Higgin » Tue May 27, 2014 3:19 am #9277

Greytide. It's hard to not throw you out a fucking airlock when you go breaking into places so that you aren't a continued pain in the ass for my whole round.
If you want to see Ian wearing your special hat, JUST ASK ME.

People who say "I told you so" after things go bad. I didn't give you access to the armory and security so you can't get the guns out to fight the ninja cyborg changelings? How could I have not seen this coming - I mean, the last assistant that e-magged in to shoot at me told me we needed to talk about security and trust, too, and here I am getting absorbed; it was all so avoidable!
if you want to have more trust and power, consider joining into the roles that doing the shit in the first place and then work out from there - your appallingly cocky attitude asking for dangerous, full access from the low tiers just makes me want to throw you out a fucking airlock and I will not help you except under extenuating circumstances where there's a direct link. Say "i told you so" when it doesn't work out? Tough, but fuck you for your trumped-up expectations of how I'm going to take your self-estimations, true or false.

Lo6a4evskiy
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 pm
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Lo6a4evskiy » Tue May 27, 2014 4:05 am #9282

Aurx wrote:All those idiots who wait an hour to ahelp something only at round end because "well he's not a tator".
Worse, all those idiots who wait an hour to ahelp something at round end that requires current-round variables to solve so everybody else has to sit and wait while it's sorted out.
ATTENTION SS13 PLAYERS: ADMINHELP THINGS WHEN THEY HAPPEN
It takes all of ten seconds to check antags, and can be impossible to resolve if you wait too long.

You say that, and then you ban people for "banbaiting".

I think the most annoying thing is people who don't switch to help intent, especially when fighting blob or something. There is literally no use for harmful intents when fighting blob, you idiots.

Also incompetence, but that's just the way of it.

User avatar
Psyentific
 
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Byond Username: Psyentific

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Psyentific » Tue May 27, 2014 5:40 am #9305

People who roll heads of staff and proceed to be very bad at it.
Have I mentioned people without a last name? Because fuck those guys.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby miggles » Tue May 27, 2014 8:02 am #9337

people with the last name "williams" also happen to be very bad
you can tell because their last name is williams, and this speaks a lot about their character and the way they play
oh wait, no it doesnt
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby NikNakFlak » Tue May 27, 2014 8:44 am #9350

People who get a glock every round on artyom. Ever round.
Elitism.
People who play cargo just for the guns/gloves/glocks/unlimited powergaming material.
Engineers who release plasma when setting up the PA.
Powersinks.
Erpers
Revs that flash all the assistants at roundstart when they spawn.
People who just put the lieutenant hat on Ian. (GET MORE ORIGINAL HOPs!)
People who put a S-Stutter in, L-Like this.
People who yell out VIVA at roundstart
People who pretend to be an antagonists like "absorbing" people or yelling out "nuke ops"
and many more I can't remember at 1:44am
REDACTED
pm for deets

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby miggles » Tue May 27, 2014 9:28 am #9356

when niknakflak steals my posts
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

User avatar
imblyings
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:42 pm
Location: >using suit sensors
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby imblyings » Tue May 27, 2014 9:56 am #9359

you can make glocks on artyom huh.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.

Fatal
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 3:25 pm
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Fatal » Tue May 27, 2014 3:31 pm #9388

Any non engineer/assistant/atmos who has insulated gloves, die in a fire please

ESPECIALLY heads, and even more so the HoP and Captain, when they get them at round start too (and I'm looking at you too cargo, black glove superiority)

You literally are ONLY wearing rubber gloves in the slight chance the AI shocks a door, because anyone competent who hacks a door doesn't need insulated gloves, and you certainly shouldn't be fucking with power wires

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]