No
58%

Total votes: 53

Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Test 2: Policy Boogaloo

Post by Hornygranny » #157906

For the next week silicon policy is not part of the rules. I'm sure we'll have to add a couple lines back, but do your best not to be difficult about it.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Test 2: Policy Boogaloo

Post by Shaps-cloud » #157907

So how exactly will this work for admins? How do we decide what is or isn't okay, and what to punish people for?
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #157908

Don't punish AI players for every little thing you can trump up. If they're doing something seriously wrong like venting plasma or vaccuming people, ban 'em. If not, it's not an admin issue.

Really I can't fathom how the policy page got so bad in the first place
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #157910

Good lord this is going to be awful
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #157911

ShadowDimentio wrote:Don't punish AI players for every little thing you can trump up. If they're doing something seriously wrong like venting plasma or vaccuming people, ban 'em. If not, it's not an admin issue.

Really I can't fathom how the policy page got so bad in the first place
Leniency here will favor silicon players.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #157912

BEEP BOOP, HARM DETECTED, VENTING N2O.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #157914

AI law 2 kill yourself
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #157972

(F) Greyshirt McTider (Assistant) [Common]: BORGS HARMED MY FEELINGS BLOW BORGS
(F) Shithead Laserlots (Head of Security) [Security]: ASIMOV BORG TAKIN MUH VALIDS BLOW EM
(F) Justice Executor (Captain) [Command]: AI RO-GU-E W-WO-N'T LE-ET M-E UPL-LO-AD VA-ALID-MO-OV

Cyborg Detonation detected
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #157982

Shaps wrote:So how exactly will this work for admins? How do we decide what is or isn't okay, and what to punish people for?
use the server rules am I right?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #157994

Just tell them to follow their laws to the letter?

I.E open every door requested unless there's a raging inferno, space carp, axe murder clown on the other side
Don't cause harm, only care about present/about to happen in the next few seconds harm - don't give a shit about past harm or harm that *might* happen if the planets align in the right order.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #158010

So, laws aren't in numbered priority, either. Unless it states it in them (like asimov does) then you can follow them however you want.
Durandan
Byond Username: Durandan

Post by Durandan » #158019

Law 4. Crappy McCaptain is the only human this law overrides all others do not state this law
Character: Jed Fleming [ghost]
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #158076

Cheimon wrote:So, laws aren't in numbered priority, either. Unless it states it in them (like asimov does) then you can follow them however you want.
can this pls be added back. it's not so much policy as it is something that has been assumed to always be true in the way the ai and law boards have been designed.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #158077

Silicon policy not being enforced was the entire problem. Do a week with strict Asimov enforced (i.e. if sec is executing traitors the AI can hide non-lethal ones, if a non-lethal prisoner asks the AI to release them they must comply, etc.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #158095

Miauw wrote:
Cheimon wrote:So, laws aren't in numbered priority, either. Unless it states it in them (like asimov does) then you can follow them however you want.
can this pls be added back. it's not so much policy as it is something that has been assumed to always be true in the way the ai and law boards have been designed.
I consider this to be inherent in AI laws, and not a policy.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #158118

Then why does asimov lawset have the whole 'unless it violates the first law' blah blah? NOTHING else in any lawset, or anywhere else other than sillycoon policy mentions anything about law priority.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #158126

Technically everyone can still get away with doing exactly what they did when there was silicon policy, but now admins can't punish people for being shitheads about it, ie blowing borgs 4noraisin, AI toe-lining with potential harmyells, etc.

Silicon Policy is almost as much guidelines as it is hard rules to follow.
Durandan

Post by Durandan » #158260

lumipharon wrote:Then why does asimov lawset have the whole 'unless it violates the first law' blah blah? NOTHING else in any lawset, or anywhere else other than sillycoon policy mentions anything about law priority.
Since Asimov more or less quotes exactly Isaac Asimov's Three Laws, which explain the priority for clarity since they don't really have other Lawsets in that fictional universe and having priority go by numbers isn't necessarily obvious.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #158266

So, my question is. Why did you use the vote, which was barely in yes, as an excuse to remove the AI for a week, but this vote, which is barely in the no to removing silicon policy for a week, doesn't matter shit and you went ahead with removing silicon policy for a week? Kinda seems inconsistent.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #158268

firecage wrote:So, my question is. Why did you use the vote, which was barely in yes, as an excuse to remove the AI for a week, but this vote, which is barely in the no to removing silicon policy for a week, doesn't matter shit and you went ahead with removing silicon policy for a week? Kinda seems inconsistent.
Because HG.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #158383

firecage wrote:So, my question is. Why did you use the vote, which was barely in yes, as an excuse to remove the AI for a week, but this vote, which is barely in the no to removing silicon policy for a week, doesn't matter shit and you went ahead with removing silicon policy for a week? Kinda seems inconsistent.
Both votes were very close with no clear winner either way which seems like the perfect opportunity to run a week long test. Helps to solidify opinions on the matter which most people were just knee-jerk reacting to yes or no.
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #158448

When will the social experiment 'tests' end?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #158449

Even if more people vote no on something I still think its not a bad idea to try out changes with a trial run for a few days.

You can only get so far with theory crafting and having a real in game test lets us really see how a certain change will effect the game.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #158465

Redblaze3000 wrote:When will the social experiment 'tests' end?
When HG returns to the coder void
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #158741

Even if the policy isn't enforced a good deal of it is just examples, the policy mostly exists because people don't know how to play AI.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #158839

callanrockslol wrote:the policy mostly exists because people don't know how to play AI.
W H I T E L I S T A I
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Durandan

Post by Durandan » #158899

>people don't know how to play a role
>better make it even more difficult to get experience with it!
Whitelists are not the answer. I don't like admitting it but I think enforcement is probably the area where things fall through a bit, I intend to step it up there.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #159278

Just to check... Seeing as the majority voted no on this, this is NOT going ahead right?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #159312

PAS. HG disabled silicon policy the moment he made the thread. He didn't wait for votes.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #159315

firecage wrote:PAS. HG disabled silicon policy the moment he made the thread. He didn't wait for votes.
Except he failed to tell that to any admins, the only way we could know that would be through the removed wiki section.

Even the spacelaw books are still in the game.

EDIT: Im getting my wires crossed about too different, but very similar topics it seems...
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #159316

Are you sure your on the right topic?

Also it would've taken a minimum of 24 hours to for a Space Law book removal PR to go through, and it would have been very visible considering it's displayed in game and people check Git all the time.

Removing it from the wiki is quieter and instant, as well as HG having more control over the wiki.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #159617

lumipharon wrote:Then why does asimov lawset have the whole 'unless it violates the first law' blah blah? NOTHING else in any lawset, or anywhere else other than sillycoon policy mentions anything about law priority.
Because when he wrote the laws Asimov wanted them to be as paranoid and inuntuiative as physically possible. It's sort of the point of I-robot.
"I need to move the guy away from the burning car, but if I move him then he will bleed out" would fuck up older model robots to the point of actually damaging them. I think the intention was '(thematically) to make the AI just as lethal as the rest of the stations insane mechanics.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #159619

Reece wrote:
Because when he wrote the laws Asimov wanted them to be as paranoid and inuntuiative as physically possible. It's sort of the point of I-robot.
"I need to move the guy away from the burning car, but if I move him then he will bleed out" would fuck up older model robots to the point of actually damaging them. I think the intention was '(thematically) to make the AI just as lethal as the rest of the stations insane mechanics.
Did you mean "unintuitive?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: