VR Thread

Talk about video games here
User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: VR Thread

Postby Timbrewolf » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:11 pm #417740

When the next generation of headsets hits and people who want to migrate over start selling their kits

Or you could find someone who already wants to abandon it and buy it used from them
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image



User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: VR Thread

Postby Timbrewolf » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:50 am #417754

Made the first milestone in printing up my VR stock. I also have one section of rail printed I did as a test yesterday:

Image


When I'm done it'll look like this

Image
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: VR Thread

Postby iamgoofball » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 am #417773

Don't plug the holes bro that'll fuck with tracking

User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: VR Thread

Postby Timbrewolf » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:25 am #417818

iamgoofball wrote:Don't plug the holes bro that'll fuck with tracking


They aren't plugged, the two halves of the insert have cutaways in areas where the sensors would need to see an IR node.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

User avatar
Takeguru
 
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 5:20 pm
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Re: VR Thread

Postby Takeguru » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 am #418036

Looking at my own wands, you have an IR sensor blocked with that setup

It's right above the triggers on the underside, so I don't think it'll have much effect but I'd run a few tests on it myself

But maybe not, I'm looking at the finished product and it doesn't look like they extend far beneath the bottom at all
Image

User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: VR Thread

Postby Timbrewolf » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:06 am #418083

It doesn't block it, or if it does it makes no difference.

To test it out I've been playing games with the attachments locked in there even though the stock isn't finished yet.

Aside from the wands being a good amount heavier there's no affect.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: VR Thread

Postby Timbrewolf » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:54 am #418377

Jesus these magnets are strong. I completed the mounts that will connect the clamps on the controllers to the rails and tried connecting them together and messing with them.

The setup is supposed to enable you to twist the wands to free them from the stock but the magnets that connect them are so powerful they refuse to let go. Instead it turns the nut/screw fastening the two halves of the clamp in the wand together.

Rather than twist I think I'll have to rock them out of alignment. Hopefully this doesn't put too much stress on the rails themselves.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

User avatar
Wyzack
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: VR Thread

Postby Wyzack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:49 pm #418415

Could you try putting some padding or something overtop of one of the sets of magnets to have it grip a little less strongly? I can imagine having your hands stuck together would make shit like throwing grenades pretty damn difficult. In fact it would be impossible to pull the pin
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: VR Thread

Postby Timbrewolf » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:56 pm #418417

The way the polarity works out the wands actually repel eachother. I've found it actually kinda helps when reloading revolver cyclinders and the like because it gives me a very tactile sensation for how close the two heads are relative to eachother. Also prevents me from banging the two of them together.

It's simply a matter of the magnetic attraction being stronger than the friction between the clamp pieces and the wands themselves. I don't want to risk overtightening the clamps and damaging the wands.

I could try to add some kind of friction pads inside the wands and on the clamps themselves but now we're getting into irreversible territory again.

I think the solution is to just practice a better technique for removing the wands from the stock during use (or start all over and use weaker magnets)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

User avatar
peoplearestrange
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Location: UK
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: VR Thread

Postby peoplearestrange » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:33 pm #420634

Wyzack wrote:Could you try putting some padding or something overtop of one of the sets of magnets to have it grip a little less strongly? I can imagine having your hands stuck together would make shit like throwing grenades pretty damn difficult. In fact it would be impossible to pull the pin

A little bit of padding would probably stop any rubbing as you rock it off too. Plus it gives a little bit more distance making it slightly weaker. I'd do that.

Also to add to the VR thread, not sure If I said before but im up and rocking my 3 sensor occulus setup!
Its not the biggest room to play VR in but its the biggest I have in my house, so it'll have to do. I mounted the rear sensor on a tripod high up, though im not sure its a great spot.

It seems to loose tracking in certain spots close to the floor. Never the headset though, only the controllers. Which basiclly is only annoying if you need to pick up something off the floor in VRchat or Pavlov for example.
A few of my favourite quotes:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...


Are you having a stroke

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
Image
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box - IceCreamCohn's #1 reason for signing up to the forums.

User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: VR Thread

Postby Timbrewolf » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:12 pm #420646

When we playing Pavlov together?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: VR Thread

Postby Qbopper » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:33 pm #421253

picking shit up in Pavlov is impossible even when you have a proper setup lmao
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
Aloraydrel
 
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:14 pm
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Re: VR Thread

Postby Aloraydrel » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:19 pm #421308

One of my wands trackpad is stuck when clicking right. Think I'm gonna have to open it up when I get home

User avatar
peoplearestrange
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Location: UK
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: VR Thread

Postby peoplearestrange » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:13 pm #421331

Timbrewolf wrote:When we playing Pavlov together?

When ever you want dude!

Qbopper wrote:picking shit up in Pavlov is impossible even when you have a proper setup lmao


Ooooh ok, so its not just me then >.<
A few of my favourite quotes:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...


Are you having a stroke

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
Image
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box - IceCreamCohn's #1 reason for signing up to the forums.

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: VR Thread

Postby Nilons » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:49 pm #421335

one of my base stations bricked due to a firmware update so now I have to send it back in
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: VR Thread

Postby Malkevin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:20 pm #421451

How does Pavlov compare to Onward?
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: VR Thread

Postby Timbrewolf » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:43 pm #421869

Malkevin wrote:How does Pavlov compare to Onward?


AI seems better, more of a Counter-Strike while Onward feels more like an older Rainbow Six game.

Pavlov has better levels, the guns feel better, the AI is better, and it does some game balancing stuff I prefer (like not giving you just two mags for your primary and telling you to fucking deal with it, fuck you Onward)

Onward has more customization for things (attaching shit to your guns, building a loadout) and better gameplay modes.

Both feature TDM. Onward has an "evacuation" mode where you have to survive against bots then GET TO DA CHOPPA, an Uplink mode which is basically like an attack defend point capture thing, and an escort mode with a VIP they have to get to an extraction point (old school CS style). The only additional mode Pavlov has beyond TDM is a bomb planting/defusing mode ala CS.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:
Image

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: VR Thread

Postby Qbopper » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:25 pm #444332

>borderlands 2 vr
>PSVR exclusive
>singleplayer only

the one thing that would have gotten me to play BL2 and they fucked it up

incredible
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
XSI
 
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:41 pm
Byond Username: XSI

Re: VR Thread

Postby XSI » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 pm #444360

VR is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl_-iDxi61Q

I need to get a headset for it sometime

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: VR Thread

Postby Malkevin » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 pm #444365

Rift home updated, not sure if the performance issues are fixed, but it does have a useful desktop window you can pin whilst playing games - good for space trucking in ED

They destroyed the old sleak avatars and replaced them with hideous playdoh people, can't seem to make one that doesn't look like a humanities major.
Wouldn't be so bad if the hands weren't so fugly
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321

Re: VR Thread

Postby PKPenguin321 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:47 pm #447270

Has anybody tried that Tetris VR thing on playstation? it looks kinda neat
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: freedom land
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: VR Thread

Postby iksyp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:53 pm #447298

I'm probably gonna buy a vive soon but the rift is still $100 cheaper is it worth giving my data to mark
ignore this poster he has brain damage

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: VR Thread

Postby DemonFiren » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:34 pm #447356

never
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: VR Thread

Postby Qbopper » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:00 pm #447841

iksyp wrote:I'm probably gonna buy a vive soon but the rift is still $100 cheaper is it worth giving my data to mark


sorry vive shills but if the rift is that cheaper then yeah

i've said this before but if you don't have the deluxe audio strap for the vive it fucking sucks a big one and it still costs $100 extra iirc

if you can find a vive + das for cheaper than a rift then go for it but you've got the arguably superior controllers (for now) and ergonomics that don't give you a literal headache on the rift

also @ pkp no and i wish it wasn't exclusive to the fucking goddamn meme psvr so i could play it
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: VR Thread

Postby Malkevin » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:16 am #447927

Finally got around to using my rift for the thing I bought it for: playing flight sims (that aren't ED)

Derped about in the DCS A10C for a bit after finally tracking down a control profile for the x56, apparently the touch controllers can be used to interact with cockpit switches but I couldn't figure it out within five minutes so just set a LMB click command on my HOTAS so I could face click and get flying.

Very cool, even if the MFDs and HUD are hard to read, puts trackir to shame.

Can't wait to derp about in the Ka-50 as that thing lets you look at stuff and lock onto it.
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: VR Thread

Postby iamgoofball » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:49 pm #448014

vive or oculus is now down to "which is cheaper" and that's perfectly OK

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: VR Thread

Postby DemonFiren » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:53 pm #448029

so they both sell your soul now?
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Darkgenerallord
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:39 am
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Re: VR Thread

Postby Darkgenerallord » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:26 pm #449253

Qbopper wrote:
iksyp wrote:I'm probably gonna buy a vive soon but the rift is still $100 cheaper is it worth giving my data to mark


sorry vive shills but if the rift is that cheaper then yeah

i've said this before but if you don't have the deluxe audio strap for the vive it fucking sucks a big one and it still costs $100 extra iirc

if you can find a vive + das for cheaper than a rift then go for it but you've got the arguably superior controllers (for now) and ergonomics that don't give you a literal headache on the rift

also @ pkp no and i wish it wasn't exclusive to the fucking goddamn meme psvr so i could play it


what's your rank on scoresaber weakling

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: freedom land
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: VR Thread

Postby iksyp » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 pm #459332

ended up doing my research and going with a vive because lesser sys requirements and more third party support (knuckles soon)
it's not that bad without the DAS, although it gives me the feeling like it's going to fall off even though it's stable
now that it's here time to figure out how to get push to talk working
ignore this poster he has brain damage

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: VR Thread

Postby Qustinnus » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:51 pm #459333

iksyp wrote:lesser sys requirements


huh? i thought rift requires less graphics and a bit more memory which arguablym makes rift require less.

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: freedom land
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: VR Thread

Postby iksyp » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:03 pm #459336

Qustinnus wrote:
iksyp wrote:lesser sys requirements


huh? i thought rift requires less graphics and a bit more memory which arguably makes rift require less.

the system requirements are about the same with the rift taking more of your USB ports and 4 more gigs of ram
ignore this poster he has brain damage

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: VR Thread

Postby Qustinnus » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:38 pm #459355

oh, cool.

also if anyone is up for beatsaber or recroom sometime I'd be down, message me on discord and i'll beat you dudes tf up

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: VR Thread

Postby Qbopper » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:46 am #459385

iksyp wrote:ended up doing my research and going with a vive because lesser sys requirements and more third party support (knuckles soon)


iksyp wrote:the system requirements are about the same with the rift taking more of your USB ports and 4 more gigs of ram


you must have had weird sources because the rift supports lower end hardware than the vive now via software tricks, but knuckles is a compelling argument and if that leak is to be believed that'll hopefully be sooner rather than later

also dude the DAS is the VR of VR because once you try it you're like "holy shit i didn't understand"

memes aside seriously consider one because playing for longer periods of time without one is... subpar
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: freedom land
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: VR Thread

Postby iksyp » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 pm #468224

Qbopper wrote:also dude the DAS is the VR of VR because once you try it you're like "holy shit i didn't understand"

a month later i have a das and this quote mostly stands up
i find it a bit more uncomfortable in some aspects but after 20 min of beat saber it's like "yep this is an improvement"
ignore this poster he has brain damage

User avatar
Plapatin
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:26 am
Byond Username: Plapatin

Re: VR Thread

Postby Plapatin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 pm #468321

have you guys tried payday 2 vr lately?
it got an update that allows people in non-vr to see your hands flailing around so it's actually worth playing now

also, how do i hide steam games from friends
Image
call me gay here

Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: VR Thread

Postby Malkevin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:10 pm #468348

You don't, which is why I always laugh when I see VR Kanojo on the front page.
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: freedom land
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: VR Thread

Postby iksyp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:59 pm #468359

Plapatin wrote:have you guys tried payday 2 vr lately?
it got an update that allows people in non-vr to see your hands flailing around so it's actually worth playing

pd2 vr is actually a really good port but i seriously wish they would add a jump button so i don't have to use the dash button
and make ladders work without having to use the ladder menu thing
and allow me to turn off the theater mode whenever you do something that might potentially make manlets who can't handle vertical movement want to puke
and allow me to adjust the size of individual hud elements and place them around my body instead of having the hud infront of me (granted the current hud customization is pretty good)
its still really good
ignore this poster he has brain damage

Previous

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Malkevin and 4 guests