[PickleInspector] VinnieTheDead - re-unban request

Appeals which have been closed.
VinnieTheDead

[PickleInspector] VinnieTheDead - re-unban request

Post by VinnieTheDead » #571

I made a ban appeal on the old site and TheBibleMelts said to PM him in a week after my ban appeal and he would unban me, and I did and I've still gotten no response.

If I need to fill out another form or something just let me know, but I'm thinking it's just the moving sites thing that's got everything fucked up.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: [PickleInspector] VinnieTheDead - re-unban request

Post by Jeb » #599

If you already have one, just copy/paste it here. Nobody is going to want to run around between two forums cross referencing things.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
VinnieTheDead

Post by VinnieTheDead » #606

Byond account and character name: VinnieTheDead, probably Bryan Hauson/Vincent Jugglebeers?

Banning admin: PickeInspector

Ban reason and length: Something along the lines of "meta between friends." It was a really long reason. Perma'd.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2013-08-03, 05:09:38 CST(-06).

Your side of the story: So me and some of my friends decided to play on /tg/ together and we got a bit carried away but I really think PickleInspector took it wayway too far by dragging one of them away and beating them into crit in a cabin, only for me to find them and him to call "ultra metafriend bullshit." It was all very not cool and we weren't hurting anyone by metafriending- just fucking around in the round, not hurting anyone.

Why you think you should be unbanned: We were only hanging around as friends. PickleInspector took the fact that we were having fun together as a horrible bad thing and baited all of us into getting banned. I apologize if there was a breach in the rules that I was unaware of, but as all of the people I was playing with are still banned- I don't see the harm.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #630

Metagaming, as in using out-of-game methods to work together to, say, happen to find your friend's bloody body in some random part of the station, is one of the things we hate the most here. I forget where I read this, probably Goon, but it's really one of the only ways to actually 'cheat' at this game. It's why we react so poorly when we realize people are doing it, please don't trivialize it.

We'll see if we can get Pickles in here to have a look.
RIP
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #718

You demonstrated that you were willing to cheat when you metacommunicated to save your friend. Nothing about PI doing it to test you rather than someone else doing it via emergent gameplay excuses your behavior in any way. I read your appeal as "I think it's OK to metacommunicate as long as we don't get in trouble" and not as an apology.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #7451

Whoops, I could have sworn I posted here. I'm pretty wary on lifting this because it seems like you're just lying about not knowing he was in that cabin. You happened to just bolt right for it when he made no ingame indication he was in it/hurt?
Cptnobvious

Post by Cptnobvious » #13093

Considering it was me in the cabin I would like to comment. I had asked if there was anything in a crew cabin I could use to get out. My intention wasn't to have him show up though he took it as my asking for help. I didn't mention which cabin I was in (not to use that as a defense) but Vinnie was already in the area looking for me as Pickle had pretty clearly dragged me past him while appearing as an albino man. With PI dragging me around the main halls I don't really think it's that surprising he came looking for me. At the end of the day there was some meta but we were just trying to teach our friends how the game worked without standing over their shoulder in game. We assumed it wouldn't matter because it was 3-5am.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #15527

The guy hasn't logged back into the forum in 2 months, so I'm closing this. Cptnobvious, you should open an appeal of your own if you haven't already.