Grenades are made of three things: Chemicals, trigger assemblies, and a crunchy candy coating (usually made of metal). When you arm them, the trigger sits there, waiting patiently for an excuse to go off, until finally the grenade primes, the chemicals mix, and whatever happens, happens.
- Obtain a Grenade Casing (regular or large), one to two bottles or beakers full of your payload (see below for ideas), and a Cable Coil.
- You can create a slime core grenade by substituting a slime core for one of the bottles, but only when using a Large Grenade Casing obtained from R&D. Be sure you have another bottle with the necessary reagent, or the slime core won't do anything!
- Attach the Cable Coil to the Grenade Casing.
- The Cable Coil can be replaced by a trigger assembly if another kind of bomb is desired.
- Open the control panel on your trigger and adjust settings as desired.
- Possible triggers: Timer, Proximity Sensor, Mousetrap, Remote Signaling Device, Voice Analyzer, Health Sensor or Infrared Emitter.
- Use screwdriver on the Igniter and trigger so they "can be attached".
- When they are "can be attached", use one on the other to create an (trigger)-Igniter Assembly.
- Use screwdriver on the (trigger)-Igniter Assembly so it "can be attached".
- Attach the (trigger)-Igniter Assembly to the Grenade Casing.
- Insert the bottles or breakers with your payload into the Unsecured Grenade.
- Use Screwdriver on the Unsecured Grenade to finish the Grenade.
A Wrench can be used to extract the payload from an Unsecured Grenade. If the Wrench is used on an empty Unsecured Grenade the trigger will be removed and leave it to be just a Grenade Casing.
For a list of possible chemical reactions, see the Guide to chemistry. Note that some reactions go off immediately when mixed, and must be separated into two bottles. Also note that slime cores are volatile, and when used in grenades, some reagents may be lost.
Obtaining the Materials
Legal Payload Ideas
Illegal Payload Ideas
- Lethal Knockout Smoke:
- Bottle: 10x Phosporous, 10x Potassium, 10x Chloral Hydrate
- Bottle: 10x Sugar, 20x Chloral Hydrate
- Small Explosive:
- Bottle: 30x Potassium
- Bottle: 30x Water
- Lethal Meth Grenade
- Beaker: 10x Phosphorous, 10x Potassium, 30x Meth
- Beaker: 10x Sugar, 40x Meth
- Tested on a chef in a confined space. Flailed around uncontrollably and quickly became retarded before dropping into crit. Died shortly after going into crit from an insane amount of toxin damage.
- Flourosulphuric Foam Grenade
- Beaker: 30x Foam Surfactant, 20x Fluorosulfuric Acid
- Beaker: 30x Water, 20x Fluorosulfuric Acid
- Will deal very large amounts of damage. Victims will likely slip in the foam and fall down, causing even more damage.
- Silent Murder
- Beaker: 15x Phosphorous, 15x Potassium, 20x Mute Toxin
- Beaker: 15x Sugar, 35x Cyanide
- Silences victims, then kills them with cyanide. When used correctly, it is a very powerful tool for mass murder. For bonus points, use a voice analyzer so it kills the clown the next time he HONKs.
The grenade will be work differently depending on the trigger used in it's construction:
Use a grenade in hand to activate it in case of a Cable trigger. If any other kind of trigger is used, the trigger's default menu will open and allow for it's settings to be changed and activated.
When the grenade goes off, the chemical beakers/bottles inside will mix their contents. If the mixture causes an effect (Smoke, an explosion, etc), it will happen at this time; otherwise, the resultant chemicals will be spread over everything in range. A grenade filled with Space Lube, for instance, will coat every nearby floor surface with slippery goop; a grenade filled with Mindbreaker Toxin will cause everyone unlucky enough to be in range to trip fucking balls.
If you use a Screwdriver on a Grenade, you will unsecure it and there by stop it's timer. A Wrench can then be used to remove the payload to prevent anyone from rearming it.