|This page is a part of the TGMC wiki.
TGMC is a project based on the CM-SS13 codebase.
Additional Access: N/A
Supervisors: Commander, High Command
Duties: Annoy the crew and send faxes.
Guides: Guide to Paperwork
Quote:"Hi! I like money!"
The Corporate Liasion is Nanotrasen's link to the TGMC. Their job is to oversee the operation to take back the surface which is, naturally, Nanotrasen property. Mechanics wise, the CL has no real duties or responsibilities. They are free to do whatever they please(within the server rules, of course) unless told otherwise by ship command. This is their ship after all, and they have lots of guns(which is the most influential thing, really). So be it setting up a bar at the FOB, running around in a xenomorph costume, or
asking the CSE out on a date Acting like a complete wierdo, the CL has the lack of responsibility or skills to be the best useless person aboard the ship. Just roleplay like hell and spread the vibe. This is after all, an MRP server, and you can help remind people about it.
One of the core things you will be doing as Corporate Liaison is basically acting as a link between the ship and Nanotrasen.
You will be writing faxes to communicate to the company, requesting supplies, giving general reports of the operation, and just to talk to them.
Be aware that the faxes go directly to admins, and it is up to them to respond or not.
Writing your forms in professional manner is
crucial helpful in getting a response, as admins do not always like to write faxes back. Either that or they're busy doing something else, or lack the skills and the will to do anything really substantial. Also keep in mind to not bother asking for anything that might fuck up the game balance, as those are surely never going to be approved.
Getting Your Faxes Accepted
There are a number of tips you should follow to increase your chances of getting a response from faxes. Note that those responding to faxes are still players; you can do everything right, and still not receive a response due to admins being busy.
- Write convincingly. This doesn't necessarily mean Shakespearean prose, but rather writing in a way an actual person would. Saying "In light of current events, I request a single order of Pizza to be delivered to the TGS Sulaco in order to improve morale." is more likely to get a response than simply saying "send pizza".
- Know your boundaries. Oftentimes, CL's will request deployments of PMC's to help with their affairs. This request will almost never be granted, on account of being "out of boundaries". The faxes you send, and requests you make, will only be accepted if they're in fitting with the general flow of a round. Any request that would substantially harm that flow, outside of the grounds of an event, are likely going to be denied. This would include PMCs, Xenomorph Eggs, Special Weapons, etc. Smaller requests, such as food, uniforms, and cash, are much more likely to be accepted.
- Be unique. Nobody wants to see the same CL antics round after round. To quote a far more sane man than most CL's, "One time is funny, two times is fucking annoying, no?".
Getting Your Faxes Denied
There are some things you can do that will cause your faxes to be almost immediately ignored, if not worse. Avoid the following:
- Repeat Faxes. Admins receive a notification whenever a fax is sent, so it's highly unlikely they missed you. While it's possible, sending the same fax again an effort to get a response is risky. Three times, and you'll probably be actively ignored, and more than that, you might receive a high explosive detonation the next time you lift a pen.
- Bad Dialogue. Faxes that follow no grammar structure at all, have no syntax, or are generally poorly written, are unlikely to get a response. If you want the admins you care about what you've written, you should too.
- About those templates... Templates are a great way to organize your message in a way befitting roleplay style. That said, every Fax responder has seen the Liaison template more times than anyone should. In order to make your faxes stand out, make your own version of the template, or forgo it entirely. You can make a very nice looking fax by just using the small syntax, after all.
|TGMC||Command||Captain, Field Commander, Staff Officer, Pilot Officer|
|Engineering and Supply||Chief Ship Engineer, Requisitions Officer, Ship Technician|
|Medical||Chief Medical Officer, Medical Officer, Researcher|
|Marines||Squad Leader, Squad Smartgunner, Squad Engineer, Squad Corpsman, Squad Marine|
|Silicon-Based||Combat robots, Synthetic, AI|
|Xenomorphs||Tier 0||Larva, Minions|
|Tier 1||Drone, Runner, Defender, Sentinel|
|Tier 2||Carrier, Hivelord, Wraith, Hunter, Bull, Warrior, Spitter|
|Tier 3||Gorger, Defiler, Ravager, Crusher, Praetorian, Boiler|
|Tier 4||Shrike, Queen, King, Hivemind|
|Others||Zombie, Emergency Response Team, |