|This page is a part of the TGMC wiki.
TGMC is a project based on the CM-SS13 codebase.
|Difficulty: Medium |
Superior: The Queen and Shrike
Duties: Be the toughest tier 1 xeno, attract attention, but not too much yet.
Guides: no separate guides
Quote: "Defense! Defense! Defense!"
The Defender is a combat caste, focused on being the "tank" of any group of tier 1 xenos, and one of the most lethal xenos at tier 1. Defenders ensure that they can endure dense firing lanes while hurting marines in the process of eating lead.
Playing the WALL
As a Defender, your expecatations are
- Protecting boilers
- Taking more shots to kill than any other xeno at tier 1 with crest defense, fortify, and regenerating skin
- Stunning marines with tail sweep and forward charge
- Comboing abilties with one's toolkit and with other xenomorphs
It is important for a defender to be able to combo its abilities together efficiently, or your damage will be severely limited. Learning about other xenomorphs' abilities and pushing with sisters help you punch out more damage for your buck.
You can still slash in fortify!!
After taking a chunk of lead, you will accumulate sunder, which you can heal by regenerating skin. While you do need to rest for your health, you don't need to worry about sunder.
- Close distance between you and marine
- Tail sweep when close
- Crest Defense when dealing with marines' retaliation
- Either Forward Charge to stun more or to retreat
Maturity Statistics and Evolution Paths
- Slash is the melee damage when the xenomorph is in harm intent and slashing marine. In the code, it's melee_damage.
- Melee, bullet, laser, energy, bomb, bio, rad, fire, and acid are soft armor values, not hard armor, which means that they reduce damage by a percentage rather than a flat value.
Defender tips & tricks
- Always try to eat bullets for your xeno buddies.
- If you're just purely tanking for the boiler, hit that FAT fortify.
- If you're covering other xeno's retreat, HIT THAT FAT CREST BUTTON
| TGMC |
|TGMC||Command||Captain, Field Commander, Staff Officer, Pilot Officer|
|Engineering and Supply||Chief Ship Engineer, Requisitions Officer, Ship Technician|
|Medical||Chief Medical Officer, Medical Officer|
|Marines||Squad Leader, Squad Smartgunner, Squad Engineer, Squad Corpsman, Squad Marine|
|Civilians||Corporate Liaison, Researcher|
|Tier 1||Drone, Defender, Runner, Sentinel|
|Tier 2||Carrier, Hivelord, Warrior, Hunter, Wraith, Bull, Spitter|
|Tier 3||Praetorian, Crusher, Ravager, Boiler, Defiler|
|Tier 4||Queen, King, Shrike, Hivemind|
|Others||Emergency Response Team, |