|This page is a part of the TGMC wiki.
TGMC is a project based on the CM-SS13 codebase.
|Difficulty: Medium |
Superior: The Queen
Duties: Use Neurogas smokescreens to support pushes, and Defile sting to infect marines with quick bursting larvae.
Guides: no separate guides
The Defiler is one of the most difficult support caste xenos to play, due to it's forced front line fighting, and low armor and health compared to other T3 xenos. Your defile sting is integral in getting quick infections on front lines, especially when the hive is without a carrier. You can place weeds, and your neurotoxin gas cloud ability can lay down a smokescreen to allow xenos to push on fortifications that include turrets. If you master the defiler, you will be the thing marines have nightmares about when they sleep.
Playing the Defiler
As a Defiler, it's very important to maintain in your mind that you cannot take as much damage as any other T3. Losing a Tier 3 Xenomorph is always a big setback for the hive, due to Tier limitations, and the time it takes to reach Tier 3 for any xeno. Your Neurogas ability is integral for xeno pushes, especially in the absence of a boiler, start your channel out of marine sight, then run in as soon as your gas begins to vent. Neuro claws can be extremely useful, use them with Push (tackle) intent to down marines in 2-3 attacks with minimal damage to the host. Keep in mind that if you slash more than 2 times with neuro claws to down a marine, you may overdose them if you channel a full defile sting on them immediately after. Your defile sting is a 3 sting channel that infects marines with a larva on the 3rd sting, and injects neurotoxin and Larva growth serum on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stings. A good strategy is to run in with the queen and neuro slash marines as she is screeching, you can ensure they stay down much longer than the short amount of time they are normally incapacitated.
Defiler tips & tricks
- Your Defile Sting ability can easily overdose hosts. Do not sting if you have slashed them more than 2 times with neuro claws, without waiting a small bit for the neuro to tick out of their systems.
- The 3rd sting of your Defile sting ability will infect marines with a larva, this will be an accelerated larva with a rough growth time of 3 minutes.
- Neuro claws should only be used for 2 slashes of any capture.
- Always start the channeling of your Neurogas vent ability out of sight of marines, as if you move during the channel before you start to vent, you will have to wait the full cooldown period and won't vent anything.
- You can operate as an assassin of sorts, against a marine with just about any weapon but a shotgun, due to your speed and Neuro claws ability.
Defiler evolutions & upgrades
Your upgrades primarily supplement your armor, and damage, with small upgrades to your plasma pool.
| TGMC |
|TGMC||Command||Captain, Field Commander, Staff Officer, Pilot Officer, Tank Crewman|
|Security||Command Master at Arms, Master at Arms|
|Engineering and Supply||Chief Ship Engineer, Requisitions Officer, Ship Technician|
|Medical||Chief Medical Officer, Medical Officer|
|Marines||Squad Leader, Squad Specialist, Squad Smartgunner, Squad Engineer, Squad Corpsman, Squad Marine|
|Civilians||Researcher, Corporate Liason|
|Tier 1||Drone, Defender, Runner, Sentinel|
|Tier 2||Carrier, Hivelord, Warrior, Hunter, Bull, Spitter|
|Tier 3||Praetorian, Crusher, Ravager, Boiler, Defiler, Shrike|
|Others||Emergency Response Team, Survivor|