|This page is a part of the TGMC wiki.
TGMC is a project based on the CM-SS13 codebase.
|Difficulty: Medium |
Superior: The Queen and Shrike
Duties: Weed the colony, build the hive, plant eggs for the Hive
Guides: no separate guides
Quote: Frenzy: on. Knuckles: cracked. Weed: ready. Yep, it's Combat Drone time.
Coming out of its former but short life as a small larva, the drone looks up in the nighty sky, gazing at the millions of stars sparkling down from the heavens. Which worlds become a home for the hive, which battlefields demanding of resin, which species will face extinction, and which aspirations will the hive have. Such questions will be answered as the drone looked away from the heavens and started planting resin nodes on the unfertilized ground.
Playing the Drone
Chances are if you've gone drone, you plan to either evolve to carrier, hivelord, deflier, shirke, queen, or even combat drone. You plant weed like no tomorrow and putting marines on edge with weed and speed.
The primary objective of the Drone as with most other Tier 1 caste Xenos is first, to stay alive.
In the meantime, here are some things you should focus on:
- Weeding areas like no tomorrow
- Planting weed behind xenomorphs' push so that they can retreat faster
- Healing wounded xenomorphs
- Annoying marines by stinging them with larval accelerator
- Cocooning marines for psychic points
- Making resin walls far FOB to make marines cry when they can't gun-ho
- Building resin walls near FOB to let xenomorphs rest
- Emitting Pheromones for your sisters
- Farting out sticky resin to slow marines down
Try not to combat drone all the time; remember, you cannot take a lot of damage, so guerilla hit and run tactics are your best bet if forced into combat.
The drone's most important duty is expanding the hive, whether by weeding new areas or building new defenses. When building, keep in mind that xenomorphs have a strong advantage against marines in tight winding corridors, and offset patterns. When weeding, keep in mind that you cannot plant weeds on rock, grass, or catwalks. Don't hesitate to set up forward hives and nesting areas close to combat, and bring eggs from the queen's hatchery to assist in quick infection of marines. R
Maturity Statistics and Evolution Paths
Your choices are relatively simple. You can evolve into carrier, or hivelord, which are tier 2, or queen, which is tier 4. Carrier and hivelord both evolve into defiler if they choose to evolve rather than upgrade.
Your upgrades primarily supplement your building abilities with increased plasma regeneration, and an increased plasma pool.
Maturity increases stats as follows.
- Slash is the melee damage when the xenomorph is in harm intent and slashing marine. In the code, it's melee_damage.
- Melee, bullet, laser, energy, bomb, bio, rad, fire, and acid are soft armor values, not hard armor, which means that they reduce damage by a percentage rather than a flat value.
Toggle Bump Attacks
|This ability allows you to toggle bump attacks on and off. If for some reason you want to avoid them, toggle this off. The red arrow means it's on; the green arrow means it's off.||N/A||N/A|
|This ability is used to rest and get up, you will heal faster when resting on weeds.||Easy||N/A|
|This ability is executed on dead marines. Every dead marines psyhic drained will give 60 psychic points and 1/8 of a larva.||100||Easy|
|Can only be placed on a tile that does not already have a resin sac, and cannot be placed on rock, grass, or catwalks.||Easy||75|
Choose Resin Structure
|Click to choose which resin structure you wish to build with Secrete Resin. It will always default to Resin Wall upon evolution.||Easy||N/A|
|Builds whatever resin structure you have chosen in Choose Resin Structure on your hotbar, on your current tile.||Easy||75|
|Lets you transfer a set amount of plasma to any target within a 2 tile range. You must not move while transferring, and if the target moves further than 2 tiles away from you, the channeling is cancelled.||Easy||See Desc.|
Larval Growth sting
|Begins a 3-part channel that injects larval serum into a target, speeding up a larvas growth. (Overdosing causes oxygen damage)||Easy||N/A|
|Lets you expel weak acid from your body on to any structure/object you are able to. Drone acid is very weak, and a Spitter, Drone, or Queen's acid should be used instead if available.||Easy||75
|Emit one of the three Pheromones. It is advised to emit the pheromone that are not already being emitted, as pheromones don't stack except for Frenzy pheromone. Your pheromones will grow stronger as you mature.||Easy||30*|
Drone tips & tricks
- You are very weak, but your pheromones and ability to plant weeds make you a strong front line support xeno.
- Xenos operate best in narrow, enclosed spaces. Consequently, marines operate worst in narrow, enclosed spaces. Build accordingly.
- Here's an example of a Xeno Hive on LV-426
- Your corrosive acid is very weak, but it's better than nothing. Don't be afraid to secrete some and call for a stronger acid xeno to come in the meantime.
- Never try to 1v1 any marine. You are not built for that.
| TGMC |
|TGMC||Command||Captain, Field Commander, Staff Officer, Pilot Officer|
|Engineering and Supply||Chief Ship Engineer, Requisitions Officer, Ship Technician|
|Medical||Chief Medical Officer, Medical Officer|
|Marines||Squad Leader, Squad Smartgunner, Squad Engineer, Squad Corpsman, Squad Marine|
|Civilians||Corporate Liaison, Researcher|
|Tier 1||Drone, Defender, Runner, Sentinel|
|Tier 2||Carrier, Hivelord, Warrior, Hunter, Wraith, Bull, Spitter|
|Tier 3||Praetorian, Crusher, Ravager, Boiler, Defiler|
|Tier 4||Queen, King, Shrike, Hivemind|
|Others||Emergency Response Team, |