|This page is a part of the TGMC wiki.
TGMC is a project based on the CM-SS13 codebase.
|Difficulty: Intermediate |
Superior: The Queen and Shrike
Duties: Weed the colony, build the hive, construct tunnels, and assemble resin hell maze.
Guides: no separate guides
Quote: "We not the enemy. You the enemy! My previous queen is dead. And my older brother drone, who be ancient, he dead. Shot by TGMC. My rouny, dead. My boiler, dead. Why? Because we're not human to them. We're only little xenos. But marines stupid enough to spare my drone life."
You are the Supreme Builder of the hive. Compare to the virgin combat drone, you are a chad, master of the robust resin. You construct in your infinite autism (or stupidity) to ensure that xenomorphs have map control over the marines.
Playing the Hivelord
As the Hivelord, your duties remain similar to those of a Drone:
- Weeding areas like no tomorrow
- Planting weed behind xenomorphs' push so that they can retreat faster
- Healing wounded xenomorphs
- Annoying marines by stinging them with larval accelerator
- Cocooning marines for psychic points
- Making resin walls far FOB to make marines cry when they can't gun-ho
- Building resin walls near FOB to let xenomorphs rest
- Emitting Pheromones for your sisters
- Farting out sticky resin to slow marines down
However, compared to a drone, your new profounded abilites to wrap the map to your design bring new expectations from you:
- Avoiding being a bigger and faster combat drone
- Placing jelly pods to soft-counter flamers
- Extinguishing fire with acid wells
- Putting acid turrets to deny areas for marines
- Digging tunnels to flank marines and increasing QoL for xenomorphs
- Decreasing firing lanes with resin walls that you can build IN FRONT OF YOU
- Spitting weaker sticky resin to slow and anger marines that are chasing you
- Protecting the spawning silos
- Specifically making resin patterns that counter flamers (it's resin wall, resin door, resin wall)
You make the defense for the hive. To protect spawning pools and xenomorphs in the front line, you construct resin structures that limit marines' mobility and firing lanes.
You are the weed master. You and the hive rely on weed. If you're somewhere without weeds, you should plant them as efficiently as possible since due to your movement speed slowdown off of weeds. Weeds spread from a resin sac to form a 7x7 square minus the 4 corner tiles.
Resin walls are your friends. Use singular pillars of resin to provide the faster CQC caste,(Runner, Hunter, Ravager, Warrior, Defender) a place to not only protect themselves from Marine fire but also provide them with a place to draw them into melee. Remember to place jelly pods when able, they are a major asset to the hive in the form of fire protection, allowing runners and other melee classes to take it to the flame-thrower wielding specialist. Just keep in mind, if you do a "Killer Pillar" type of defense, your lowering the effectiveness of the Boiler, Crusher, And Bull, so keep that in mind while your building.
Using your dig tunnel ability, you can create links to virtually any tile on the map that operate as fast travel points. Unlike vents, xenos can crawl through these with humans in their stomach. Your thick resin walls are much stronger than the walls the queen or drone can build, and you are able to build in a 1 tile radius around you unlike the drone. Your Hivelord Speed ability lets you move quickly on weeds, allowing you to quickly move in and out of fire lines to build walls, pushing up on marine firing lines, or to slow down marine pushes.
Tunnels connect xenomorphs to endangered silos. All silos have tunnels, and when they are endangered, it is expected to reach the silos ASAP.
When marines are pushing into the hive, make sure to toggle your Hivelord Speed, and flank them to discourage rushing. You are integral in your ability to rebuild recently destroyed defenses, and sticky resin fields. The more you build, the more you destroy the marines morale.
Maturity Statistics and Evolution Paths
You can only evolve into defiler at this point, which can be a strong boon to the hive. However, if there are already 1 or two Defilers, the hive would be much better served by you staying Hivelord, and creating tunnels, and Thick Resin defenses.
Maturity increases stats as follows.
- Slash is the melee damage when the xenomorph is in harm intent and slashing marine. In the code, it's melee_damage.
- Melee, bullet, laser, energy, bomb, bio, rad, fire, and acid are soft armor values, not hard armor, which means that they reduce damage by a percentage rather than a flat value.
Toggle Bump Attacks
|This ability allows you to toggle bump attacks on and off. If for some reason you want to avoid them, toggle this off. The red arrow means it's on; the green arrow means it's off.||N/A||N/A|
|This ability is used to rest and get up, you will heal faster when resting on weeds.||Easy||N/A|
|This ability is executed on dead marines. Every dead marines psyhic drained will give 60 psychic points and 1/8 of a larva.||100||Easy|
|Can only be placed on a tile that does not already have a resin sac, and cannot be placed on rock, grass, or catwalks.||Easy||75|
Place acid well
|Place an acid well that can put out fires when a xenomorph steps on the acid well.||Easy||75|
Choose Resin Structure
|Click to choose which resin structure you wish to build with Secrete Resin. It will always default to Resin Wall upon evolution.||Easy||N/A|
|Builds whatever resin structure you have chosen in Choose Resin Structure on your hotbar, on your current tile.||Easy||75|
|Lets you transfer a set amount of plasma to any target within a 2 tile range. You must not move while transferring, and if the target moves further than 2 tiles away from you, the channeling is cancelled.||Easy||See Desc.|
|Lets you expel weak acid from your body on to any structure/object you are able to. Drone acid is very weak, and a Spitter, Drone, or Queen's acid should be used instead if available.||Easy||75|
|This allows you to create a quick method of travel between two points on the map. (currently broken on Ice Colony) This allows the hivelord to create a secondary hive escape point, or even quick routes to the front lines.||Easy||200|
|Allows you to spit a sticky resin at range that places a thin sticky resin at the target||Easy||N/A|
|Emit one of the three Pheromones. It is advised to emit the pheromone that are not already being emitted, as pheromones don't stack except for Frenzy pheromone. Your pheromones will grow stronger as you mature.||Easy||30*|
Create Resin Jelly
|Create a fireproof jelly.||Easy||30*|
Place Resin Jelly pod
|Place down a dispenser that allows xenos to retrieve fireproof jelly.||Easy||30*|
|This allows you to move faster when on resin, allowing you to defend the hive more effectively.||Easy||30|
Hivelord tips & tricks
- You are the supreme hive builder. Ensure that you build appropriate defenses for the queen, then create tunnels to the front line, and a backup base.
- Xenos operate best in narrow, enclosed spaces. Consequently, marines operate worst in narrow, enclosed spaces. Build accordingly.
- Here's an example of a Xeno Hive on LV-426
- The strength of your corrosive acid is only rivaled by the Queen and the Boiler. You can also claw open holes in walls created by other xenos.
- You may be able to 1v1 a marine in a pinch, but it's best to leave the combat to the combat castes, you can help by flanking marines and distracting them before a charge from the ravagers, crushers, and other combat xenos.
- A controversial tactic as hivelord/drone is to wall off certain areas of the map, or lanes of retreat with extremely thick resin wall fields, to force marines to give up on their attempts to break through. This maneuver is countered easily by tanks with machine guns, so it's best to employ this tactic in tight areas.
- If you hit a marine directly with your sticky spit. You will slow them down immediately. Use this to help you escape pursuit.
- Multiple non fully-charged acid wells can help both slow down marine pushes, and provide fire suppression for your sisters.
- Jelly pods can make or break sieges and pushes, make sure your fellow xenos know that jelly pods are available and where they are built.
|TGMC||Command||Captain, Field Commander, Staff Officer, Pilot Officer|
|Engineering and Supply||Chief Ship Engineer, Requisitions Officer, Ship Technician|
|Medical||Chief Medical Officer, Medical Officer|
|Marines||Squad Leader, Squad Smartgunner, Squad Engineer, Squad Corpsman, Squad Marine|
|Civilians||Corporate Liaison, Researcher|
|Tier 1||Drone, Defender, Runner, Sentinel|
|Tier 2||Carrier, Hivelord, Warrior, Hunter, Wraith, Bull, Spitter|
|Tier 3||Praetorian, Crusher, Ravager, Boiler, Defiler|
|Tier 4||Queen, King, Shrike, Hivemind|
|Others||Emergency Response Team, |