Fighting Cultists Section
If you want to present information about strategies for fighting cultists, add a coherent section without things like signed opinions, general advice not specific to cult, and strategies liable to be banworthy. The current section is really really terrible, and, seeing as other antag guides don't have a section devoted to crew advice, isn't necessary. The current revision of the page includes advice for cultists regarding conversions. Drovidi (talk) 02:06, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
- If you had actually bothered to read the new updates, you would know that I got rid of the "signed opinions." If you want to remove more, then actually edit and rewrite them instead of slashing and burning the whole thing. Other antag guides do have sections devoted to crew advice -- Blob is one, and Revolution is another. Those are just two off the top of my head. Also, a lot of your supposed "corrections" are wrong. shell runes do in fact exist. I know this for a fact because I made a shit-ton of them a few rounds ago. Bandit (talk) 02:16, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
- Also, the Xeno guide has a section on crew. The only reason modes like traitor and changeling don't is that there really isn't a whole lot to say beyond security not being shit. Bandit (talk) 02:18, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
- You're right, I only sampled a few and didn't see any. But did you really need to revert my additions that didn't delete it?
- And if you'd bothered to read my addition, you might have noticed that my change was with regards to shell talismans, which you edited the wiki to say can be made. Drovidi (talk) 02:43, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
- Hmm. I know roundstart cultists can make shell talismans, because that's how most construct cults get started. I'll test to see if the rune can be imbued next time I roll cult (or Malkevin can come here and state it as a fact, but after his little tirade on the forums I don't think that'll happen.) For now it'll be a ???. Will go through your edits and incorporate. Bandit (talk) 03:08, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
- We are aware of that, thus a big "hoo boy this is so fukken out of date" -notification before the whole article. And you know what? Instead of coming here, looking at the page and even bothering to come here to write about what we already know, YOU could make the change and write how Cult has changed. Because I personally have never played antag-roles that much, I can't even tell how this is outdated, so I can't update it. So please, be my guest. You can just write it in a big block of badly written english, I'll reformat it and make it into a readable article, I just don't have the fucking info, trust me, this would've been updated if I had. Just seems that everyone who knows about Cult is too busy to update this page ever. Kosmos (talk) 10:15, 24 May 2014 (UTC)
First off, read this, please. Secondly, please explain how "the order doesn't make sense anymore". I have to be honest and say that I did not read the whole guide after revising what I wanted to add. I'm sorry for that, there might be mistakes, I'm aware that I had to do some compromises to get the result I was aiming for, now hear me out:
The guide now focuses more directly on guiding a first time cultist. This is of course written from my point of view, and the first thing in my point of view I seek is "what the fuck am I supposed to do, where are the quick how-to-steps? I have to act NOW and not read for 10 straight mins how to do shit". I added the steps and a fair warning about antagban, see here why.
And last thing; if you have problem with the order not being the most logical, you can fix it, but do not delete my how-to-steps. Read the changes before totally reverting everything back. For example the Speech-template, how was it in the way of your order? Kosmos (talk) 15:04, 12 June 2014 (UTC)