Difference between revisions of "Geneticist"
(Updated entire page. Removed many mentions of cloning and updated stuff to show geneticist is now a science job. If any tips were important I have probably already added them elsewhere. Left some tips I may want to remove instead.)
m (→Tips: fixed typo: AN TRAITOR to A TRAITOR)
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
'''DO NOT USE MONKEY INJECTORS ON NON-ANTAG CREW MEMBERS IF YOU ARE NOT
'''DO NOT USE MONKEY INJECTORS ON NON-ANTAG CREW MEMBERS IF YOU ARE NOT [[traitor|TRAITOR]]. THIS WILL GET YOU BANNED.'''
Latest revision as of 01:38, 12 May 2021
|Access: Genetics, Morgue, Research Division, Mineral Storage|
Additional Access: Robotics, Tech Storage, Xenobiology
Supervisors: Research Director
Duties: Alter genomes, turn monkeys into humans and vice versa, make DNA backups so they can get stolen
Guides: Guide to genetics
Quote: Well maybe if the Captain had asked before plunging that syringe into his artery he wouldn't be a monkey now.
You start in Genetics and get to work on people's genes. This is a very technical class The main thing you're meant to do: Find superpowers and fix disabilities.
Bare minimum requirements: Don't give away Hulk to the greytide.Science (moved from medbay Jan, 2020).
Manipulating the DNA of humanoids is your main job. What you choose to use the results for is up to you.
See the Guide to Genetics for a detailed guide about how it works. Experimentation is encouraged.
- If someone has a cavity implanted item, you can instantly remove it by monkeying them.
- Monkeying someone who is impregnated will cure them.
- The Genetics DNA altering console can spit out injectors UE and UI. This means that if you get a willing volunteer, or even just human a monkey, you can run around the station changing everyone into the same person (if you do this without being antag or having people’s con-sent, you may get banned).
- Radiation (and mutagen) has a very, VERY small chance to give non-negative effects.
- If the mime's being a jackass, stealthily inject him/her with a Tourettes injector, and watch them get lynched for breaking their vow
- Monkey injectors are a hell of a weapon.
- Change your identity if you're caught being a shitler. Keeps people off of you.
- Telekinesis is a useful mutation. Especially combined with X-ray. With it you can:
- Bash people with items. If they pick the item up you can still hit them with it.
- Steal items across desks
- Kill people through cameras
- Operate basic machinery
- Be an all around douchebag
- And if you have x-ray you're even more unstoppable than before. You can hide in lockers in maint and dick around all you want.
- XRAY + TK can be used to onehuman the AI from outside the upload.
- You can take bodies to your lab and steal their identities.
DO NOT USE MONKEY INJECTORS ON NON-ANTAG CREW MEMBERS IF YOU ARE NOT A TRAITOR. THIS WILL GET YOU BANNED.