Search found 1446 matches

Return to advanced search

Re: FBI Sucks

From what I've seen undercover cops just go to the security and play regular supercop, fishing out gangsters one by one.

I guess they're meant to provide reasons for families to be violent.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:53 am
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: FBI Sucks
Replies: 13
Views: 652

Re: Paramedic feedback

Five doctors should really be enough for this, they already have access to handheld monitors. I think it's more interesting to have people take on such roles rather than force it.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:39 am
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Paramedic feedback
Replies: 59
Views: 3527

Re: Should people be allowed to suicide at roundstart

add a departures shuttle that lets unimportant (but unessential) spessmen "punch out" recycle the job, non-standard gear into a lost-and-found, or better, categorized capsules add fun lore like the ship flying into a blast furnace then we can talk about banning suishits If only a certain ...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:00 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Should people be allowed to suicide at roundstart
Replies: 193
Views: 21237

Re: To whomever nerfed water and made it dry instantly

Wetness time scales with volume of water, spray more down That's a good thing. However, last time I tried using it as a traitor, it felt like you'd need to spray half a spray bottle to even get something comparable to old drying times. I guess it's still useful in combat, but ambushes are completel...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:35 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: To whomever nerfed water and made it dry instantly
Replies: 9
Views: 1190

Re: Put goon code on a server for a bit?

I would very much welcome this.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:26 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Put goon code on a server for a bit?
Replies: 25
Views: 2941

Re: Goonstation's full code got leaked.

According to this, goonstation admins will release a fixed version of the leaked code themselves, for everyone's free use. Does that mean that tgstation policy about leaked code will not longer apply?
by Lo6a4evskiy
Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:16 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Goonstation's full code got leaked.
Replies: 127
Views: 22173
PostThis topic was deleted from Player's Headmin Election by oranges on Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:12 am.
Reason: Failures
View this post

Re: Turn the AI off for a month

You know what, do it. It would be interesting to see the results. And there's always the second server if people can't take it for a few days.

That said, it's probably not a good solution long term, but it may show that AI tracking abilities need a nerf.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:59 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Turn the AI off for a week
Replies: 188
Views: 26909

Re: K Peculier

Spawned me as Ian, +100 to his karma.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:01 pm
 
Forum: Admin Feedback
Topic: K Peculier
Replies: 10
Views: 2056

Re: "How many hours have you wasted?" thread

Tell me, please
by Lo6a4evskiy
Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:17 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: "How many hours have you wasted?" thread
Replies: 144
Views: 18535

Re: Make Basil a No-Rulz Fun Zone

On one hand I can see where you're going with this, on the other hand it will split the community, it will encourage even more of server wars and elitism and shitlers will constantly leak, probably with people from both servers trying to push that playstyle onto the other one. Not to mention that ne...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:16 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Make Basil a No-Rulz Fun Zone (Locked by OP)
Replies: 28
Views: 2895

Re: add an ellipsis bubble for when people are typing

I'm pretty sure the way it's done on bay doesn't always work. Though may be that changed.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:49 am
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: add an ellipsis bubble for when people are typing
Replies: 19
Views: 1484

Re: Replace Major/Minor crimes in the records with Crime Cod

It would make filling in any crime that's not directly represented in Space Law (which isn't supposed to be more than a guideline and all that) a pain in the ass.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:27 am
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Replace Major/Minor crimes in the records with Crime Codes.
Replies: 15
Views: 1523

Re: Sentient xenobio shit

Also bolt of nothing.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:58 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Sentient xenobio shit
Replies: 10
Views: 1332

Re: Rev and communication

Steelpoint wrote:The whole point of Rev is a bunch of people using whatever they can steal and scrounge together to over throw the Security and Command staff.

This. Don't try to blend all team modes. Revolution is decentralized by design.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:17 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Rev and communication
Replies: 18
Views: 1690

Re: Security Override Key

Put it in armory perhaps.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:51 am
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Security Override Key
Replies: 24
Views: 2834

Re: Syndicate Support Cyborg

Not a bad idea. Make it happen.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:45 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Syndicate Support Cyborg
Replies: 9
Views: 899

Re: Syndicate Support Cyborg

I'd say go full support drone (mule, borg, whatever) and add things like ammo resupply, medical assistance, may be some (de)construction and hacking capabilities. Different kinds of drones could be implemented. And they don't necessarily need to be cheap.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:14 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Syndicate Support Cyborg
Replies: 9
Views: 899

Re: Syndicate Support Cyborg

110 health backpack that isn't reliably on your back when you need it.

Why?
by Lo6a4evskiy
Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:42 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Syndicate Support Cyborg
Replies: 9
Views: 899

Re: Lifeweb got taken down

Malkevin wrote:All pigs must die means the server think you're a ruski.

Well I am. I went onto the Russian server already anyhow, but why can't I go to another one I have no idea.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:24 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Lifeweb got taken down
Replies: 93
Views: 17188

Re: Lifeweb got taken down

What does the thing with "Banned by host: All Pigs Must Die" mean? I remember long time ago trying to check it out and running into the same thing.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:46 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Lifeweb got taken down
Replies: 93
Views: 17188

Re: Random searches and Code Blue

Actually, let's talk about the situation where the victim of search is actually an antagonist that was caught with syndicate items. And the main question is, can you adminhelp a security officer for a random search without a reason where you got caught as an antagonist or not?
by Lo6a4evskiy
Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:17 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Random searches and Code Blue
Replies: 82
Views: 9159

Re: Random searches and Code Blue

what point are you even trying to make here That either we're supposed to know game mechanics and use them accordingly or we're not. There's no particular reason to use dorms room unless you want to hide. But okay, suppose I accept that it's not a good enough reason to warrant a search and I could ...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:47 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Random searches and Code Blue
Replies: 82
Views: 9159

Re: Random searches and Code Blue

So can I ask warden to escort me to the toilet because I want to pee? You know, IC, one should think that it's plausible.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:43 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Random searches and Code Blue
Replies: 82
Views: 9159

Re: Random searches and Code Blue

FYI in the US "Probable Cause" has a very clear legal meaning, which means you have credible, specific articulable reason this person could have committed a specific crime. Simply being suspicious is not probable cause. Reasonable Suspicion is a lesser standard for a credible articulable ...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:25 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Random searches and Code Blue
Replies: 82
Views: 9159

Re: Random searches and Code Blue

I think saeg meant to point out that locking a private dormitory should be a perfectly normal thing to do. Do you not lock your own dorm/apartment/house/toilet stall? It's just that simply because of the game the players just have to see what's behind every locked door, and what should be perfectly...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:21 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Random searches and Code Blue
Replies: 82
Views: 9159

Re: Random searches and Code Blue

Saegrimr wrote:Remember kids:

"Light" "RP" server.

"Sir, may I see what's in your bag?"
"No"
"Oh. Okay."
Mindblowing arr pee.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:45 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Random searches and Code Blue
Replies: 82
Views: 9159

Re: Random searches and Code Blue

...but it wasn't random. You were bolted alone in the dorms room. Yes, that seems suspicious to me as there was no indication of you being afk. If it hadn't been bolted, I would have moved along. Bolting it means you don't want anyone to see what's going on inside. That does seem like a valid reason...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:36 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Random searches and Code Blue
Replies: 82
Views: 9159

Re: Random searches and Code Blue

I'm pretty sure I was the HoS there. And yeah, I think that bolting yourself in a dorm room without being braindead (I didn't know if you were really afk, and you responded to my question immediately), plus refusing to show your backpack, I think that's a pretty clear indication that you have someth...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:41 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Random searches and Code Blue
Replies: 82
Views: 9159

Re: It seems someone has the Lifeweb code

Malkevin wrote:Sprites !=code

Yeah, the guy actually said he doesn't have the code. There's a high likelihood that it's lost forever.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:45 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: It seems someone has the Lifeweb code
Replies: 17
Views: 4273

Re: What to do with Space Ninja

Well then you need to choose whether you think of them as game mode antagonist and "side" antagonist. Because those are different and they have different balance requirements as well. Besides, it's hard to talk about how hardmode they would be when we don't have any concrete abilities or o...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:41 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: What to do with Space Ninja
Replies: 8
Views: 991

Re: What to do with Space Ninja

Also, this was supposed to be in Ideas. Pardon. Ninja could have the objective to bomb certain areas, such as research, head offices, or atmospherics. Also, for the love of all that is holy, give these guys a temporary mute on one target or shit like that so that when engaging a stray maint prowler ...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:17 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: What to do with Space Ninja
Replies: 8
Views: 991

What to do with Space Ninja

I don't think anyone needs convincing that ninja in its current form is not good. The way I see it, if ninja is to remain a random event, it needs to lose capability to murder people with a rate of a wizard, a high level antagonist to which the entire game mode is dedicated. Ninjas aren't supposed t...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:46 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: What to do with Space Ninja
Replies: 8
Views: 991

Re: Bleed overhaul

A traitor could run up to somebody, stab them a bunch of times rapidly, and run away before their victim can retaliate. I cannot imagine a situation where this would be better than just murdering them. Like, I got nothing. Honestly, bleed is just a tacked on mechanic that was only added because cer...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:38 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Bleed overhaul
Replies: 21
Views: 1412

Re: Bleed overhaul

if you hit someone really hard with a blunt object they will bleed Exactly. You'd need to go over ALL or most items to see how much of this new damage type they need (I mean paper can cut, right? Let's totally add that). You'd need to balance that out. If you nerf brute damage of things like fire a...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:40 am
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Bleed overhaul
Replies: 21
Views: 1412

Re: ERP unbanning 3: Oh God It's Still Happening

DrPillzRedux wrote:So people died because an engineer was getting it on in the other room instead of doing his assigned task.

Holy fuck that is gold. Imagine if they had been caught and put on trial.

Punishment: a public whipping naked. Oh wait they might like that.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:43 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: ERP unbanning 3: Oh God It's Still Happening
Replies: 215
Views: 20948

Re: Re-enabling cat people

It's actually a damn good graphic novel. Beautifully illustrated and the story line is great, but now I'm getting off topic They had me at polar bears and arctic foxes being against black horses and stuff. And Blacksad is black with white patches. Hue. Also, pretty cute vote line up http://i.imgur....
by Lo6a4evskiy
Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:32 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Re-enabling cat people
Replies: 105
Views: 9930

Re: ERP unbanning 3: Oh God It's Still Happening

I've eaten too many bans for doing what seemed like a perfectly reasonable thing at the time as security. I've gotten banned and appealed getting banned for killing a player who was sexually harassing my character, but I still had to wade through the drama. Plus, with ERPers most of the time they e...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:02 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: ERP unbanning 3: Oh God It's Still Happening
Replies: 215
Views: 20948

Re: People trying to ruin round because of map

so if people could provide more feedback than "box is only good map" then maybe someone else could make a map that people like to play on - or people just shit on map rotation because change = bad and why would I want to play anything I'm not used to Well I can't speak for all the people,...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:18 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: People trying to ruin round because of map
Replies: 53
Views: 5722

Re: Remove the common channel from headsets

Am I the only one who likes the game for its social aspect? I mean, seriously. Most of the game's systems are terrible. Combat is terrible, things like R&D are bad, most of them are just a recipe of clicks that you have to repeat over and over. Gets old quickly enough. Talking to people though? ...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:55 am
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Remove the common channel from headsets
Replies: 61
Views: 5430

Re: People trying to ruin round because of map

It's simply a side-effect of map rotation system. What did you think was gonna happen when you implemented it?

Apart from what Saegrimr said, I don't think there's much to be done.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:52 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: People trying to ruin round because of map
Replies: 53
Views: 5722

Re: Lizards being thrown into people

As hilarious as that is, doesn't that mean if I throw a spear at someone, secborg should baton the spear into submission? Fuck no, arrest the one tossing it.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:42 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Lizards being thrown into people
Replies: 80
Views: 7886

Re: Lowpop murderboner is getting bad.

Reading this thread gave me an idea. Bear in mind, I haven't played in quite a while, for one, for two, it's nothing fleshed out and just a sudden thought that might or might not work. Basically, automatically call ERT when a certain number of people died (percentage of the total crew, for example)....
by Lo6a4evskiy
Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:01 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Lowpop murderboner is getting bad.
Replies: 51
Views: 5824

Re: Best code comments

Image

From where I work now. ControlLoop.cpp is the very basic and integral part of the project, too.

To be fair, "Magic" refers to unnamed constants in the code, so that's easily explainable. No idea what "Madness" is though.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:47 pm
 
Forum: Coding
Topic: Best code comments
Replies: 78
Views: 20108

Re: More AI UI Buttons

Why the hell would you want more shitty buttons that all look alike and are very hard to distinguish.

Why can't we have the verbs AND the buttons? Verbs are a lot clearer in my experience.

And sure, you can get used to the buttons. You can get used to verbs as well.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:01 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: More AI UI Buttons
Replies: 6
Views: 982

Re: PAI REWORKS AND STUFF

I think letting a pAI tap into the camera network would be a good enough buff to make them useful. "Master, I accidentally found this dead body on cameras!" Isn't the point of pAIs to be a talking buddy? I feel like they lack particularly useful features for the same reason service borg d...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:57 am
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: PAI REWORKS AND STUFF
Replies: 24
Views: 1973

Re: Population Cap Discussion

What's the point in having server cap if you are trying to find ways to let people in the round. This is absolutely counter-intuitive. All you're doing is forcing people into positions they wouldn't otherwise take. High population is bad, you say? Apparently it's not bad enough for people to actuall...
by Lo6a4evskiy
Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:43 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Population Cap Discussion
Replies: 38
Views: 4430

Re: What are admin midis from an IC perspective?

Jacough wrote:Some pencil pushing cock huffing faggot in corporate who's never worked a real man's job in his life decided it'd be great for station moral if the station speakers played gay ass music at random intervals.

That's a very accurate description, thank god for the off button.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:24 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: What are admin midis from an IC perspective?
Replies: 13
Views: 1519

Re: Lizards shouldn't be able to be security

Kangaraptor wrote:Not allow.

Enforce.

This guy gets it. "B-but it allows for roleplay" was a retarded argument from the very beginning. The whole thing is just a farce. "ayy lmao gas the lizards" describes it about right.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:35 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Lizards shouldn't be able to be security
Replies: 69
Views: 7786

Re: Killing People For Killing Damn Pets

peoplearestrange wrote:Could do that, give them 100 hp rather than 20 which most of them seem to have.

Also make them fight back.
by Lo6a4evskiy
Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:33 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Killing People For Killing Damn Pets
Replies: 80
Views: 8817
Next

Return to advanced search