Search found 521 matches

Return to advanced search

Re: At what points to people become veterans to game

if you know what fat sprites are you're old enough Was that even that long ago? I feels like it wasn't... That's probably bad. I think you're a veteran when you try to leave and come back, for the second/third/etc time. Or if you remember the SoS days... It's been some time since fatsprites...at le...
by TehSteveo
Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:02 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: At what points to people become veterans to game
Replies: 53
Views: 3049

Re: Jegub

Bumped for rare Jegub.
by TehSteveo
Fri May 24, 2019 4:47 am
 
Forum: Admin Feedback
Topic: Jegub
Replies: 4
Views: 527
PostThis topic was deleted from Admin Feedback by TehSteveo on Fri May 24, 2019 4:46 am.
Reason: Duplicate
View this post

Re: Taking Measures to End Cancerous Rounds

Ask an admin before you decide to take measures into your own hands. Admins ought to also consider putting rounds that are suffering out of their misery at times too or assist in hunting down say the last headrev that has taken residence in a locker.
by TehSteveo
Sat May 11, 2019 4:42 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Taking Measures to End Cancerous Rounds
Replies: 20
Views: 611

Re: Imperator: Rome

Stellaris isn't bad now, they fixed the worst of the shoddy machanisms. The biggest issue now is the dogshit AI they barely adapted to the new systems and the lag that pops up mid to late game. every new paradox game has that exact problem and they never bother to fix it True, but Stellaris' gets t...
by TehSteveo
Thu May 02, 2019 2:37 am
 
Forum: Video Games
Topic: Imperator: Rome
Replies: 28
Views: 935

Re: Imperator: Rome

Kraso wrote:blame it on the clausewitz engine, at this point it's become paradox's creative engine where they just let the modders do the work for them
It's a good strategy. Bethseda does well with that approach, until they release something modders can't fix because it's online.
by TehSteveo
Thu May 02, 2019 2:36 am
 
Forum: Video Games
Topic: Imperator: Rome
Replies: 28
Views: 935

Re: Imperator: Rome

Ikarrus wrote:Stellaris isn't bad now, they fixed the worst of the shoddy machanisms. The biggest issue now is the dogshit AI they barely adapted to the new systems
and the lag that pops up mid to late game.
by TehSteveo
Wed May 01, 2019 7:11 am
 
Forum: Video Games
Topic: Imperator: Rome
Replies: 28
Views: 935

Re: Imperator: Rome

Got to wait for DLC to implement/fix things that should have been in from the get-go for it really to be worthwhile.
by TehSteveo
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:45 am
 
Forum: Video Games
Topic: Imperator: Rome
Replies: 28
Views: 935

Re: Silicon Policy Cancer Thread #416346: Mutations, Shapechanges, and other bullshit.

I'd say it is harmful unless it's a consented thing; which is what Cedar is deffering to as it mentions only borging. We let people who want to harm themselves to do that because it gets too anal when considering cutting someone head open to borg people can be harm. Genetics as a whole is harm as yo...
by TehSteveo
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:38 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Silicon Policy Cancer Thread #416346: Mutations, Shapechanges, and other bullshit.
Replies: 7
Views: 369

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

The players who did the griefing in the round that spawned this thread were banned. Another admin actually investigated it on the 29th as soon the round ID was given as when I went to look up the players involved, they already got banned, which was helpful considering I was incapacitated the past tw...
by TehSteveo
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:13 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day
Replies: 159
Views: 7206

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

DB apparently goes down during this round, so once the round finally ends about an hour and 45 minutes in, no log is saved on atlanta-ned's statbus. The griefing goes completely unpunished, and likely will happen again sometime during these 'dead-zone' hours. Steveo, you forgot that part. If Mythic...
by TehSteveo
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:56 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day
Replies: 159
Views: 7206

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

If something happens, just let it happen and embrace the chaos of the game. If something consistently bad happens such as someone who consistently breaks the rules and griefs then Ahelp it, ping people on Discord with the round ID, and if you have to PM the admins on the forums as someone will take...
by TehSteveo
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:01 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day
Replies: 159
Views: 7206

Re: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day

Admin coverage has always been a problem. Even when we had a lot Aussiemins, there was never had enough for certain times. As I said in previous statements about coverage, being an admin isn't a job, admins are not paid for this thus they can choose when to come on and when to go, when they want to ...
by TehSteveo
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:06 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: 80+ admins yet there arent enough for 2/3 of the day
Replies: 159
Views: 7206

Re: Okand37

Sometimes you need a break from this place.
by TehSteveo
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:19 am
 
Forum: Admin Feedback
Topic: Okand37
Replies: 125
Views: 15241

Re: If all the admins gained powers based on their username, and had to fight in a battle royale...

My powers would just be some guy named Steve that everyone thinks is okay and doesn't want to fight.
by TehSteveo
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 pm
 
Forum: Roleplaying
Topic: If all the admins gained powers based on their username, and had to fight in a battle royale...
Replies: 42
Views: 2011

Re: Server Crash responsibility, antag token giveaway and more

This is the ancient and forgotten antagonist token policy I wrote up and enacted during my headmin time, that I'm not sure is followed or what. Antagonist tokens are simply a note an admin gives a player which allows them to trade in for antagonist. These are given in cases where an admin may ruin a...
by TehSteveo
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:21 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Server Crash responsibility, antag token giveaway and more
Replies: 24
Views: 965

Re: he locked the thread

Is it time to move this to the salt reserves?
by TehSteveo
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:33 am
 
Forum: Kiwi Farms. Targeted harassment is what we strive for.™
Topic: he locked the thread
Replies: 466
Views: 9955

Re: he locked the thread

Wololo
by TehSteveo
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:24 pm
 
Forum: Kiwi Farms. Targeted harassment is what we strive for.™
Topic: he locked the thread
Replies: 466
Views: 9955

Re: he locked the thread

TehSteveo wrote:
TehSteveo wrote:
terranaut wrote:I enjoy that our current host partakes in the banter, SoS never shitposted with the other plebs.
SoS just wanted to greytide without being touched by admins.
You know just the simple things in life
Can't blame him.
by TehSteveo
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:39 pm
 
Forum: Kiwi Farms. Targeted harassment is what we strive for.™
Topic: he locked the thread
Replies: 466
Views: 9955

Re: he locked the thread

TehSteveo wrote:
terranaut wrote:I enjoy that our current host partakes in the banter, SoS never shitposted with the other plebs.
SoS just wanted to greytide without being touched by admins.
You know just the simple things in life
by TehSteveo
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:39 pm
 
Forum: Kiwi Farms. Targeted harassment is what we strive for.™
Topic: he locked the thread
Replies: 466
Views: 9955

Re: he locked the thread

terranaut wrote:I enjoy that our current host partakes in the banter, SoS never shitposted with the other plebs.
SoS just wanted to greytide without being touched by admins.
by TehSteveo
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:38 pm
 
Forum: Kiwi Farms. Targeted harassment is what we strive for.™
Topic: he locked the thread
Replies: 466
Views: 9955

Re: Your first ever SS13 round.

I joined, came off the arrival shuttle and promptly got gunned down by a deathsquad member in what was a slide show.
by TehSteveo
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:56 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Your first ever SS13 round.
Replies: 28
Views: 1396

Re: he locked the thread

Not exactly a statement about the entire admin team but why are people like Elyina, Ausops, Scones etc allowed on the admin team let alone become a headmin in the first place? Their personal conduct (not even going into admin conduct) is disgusting and worse than most players that end up perma'd fo...
by TehSteveo
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:54 pm
 
Forum: Kiwi Farms. Targeted harassment is what we strive for.™
Topic: he locked the thread
Replies: 466
Views: 9955

Re: he locked the thread

they banned hg, kor's gone, cheri's gone, sos is gone, xsi is gone, paprika is gone, napkin is gone, intig deleted his irc logs. Niknak either doesn't remember or doesn't care. An0n3 is gone. pretty much anyone who could provide definitive proof is gone, I just remember reading the thread on singul...
by TehSteveo
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:46 pm
 
Forum: Kiwi Farms. Targeted harassment is what we strive for.™
Topic: he locked the thread
Replies: 466
Views: 9955

Re: roundstart snails

then whats the point of the config if youre gonna dictate the way it's set? I have no problem with configs I have a problem where the headadmins are taking content we have assigned for one purpose and reassigning it because we made the species configs as general as possible. Fly people have already...
by TehSteveo
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:24 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: roundstart snails
Replies: 60
Views: 2376
PostThis topic was deleted from Player's Headmin Election by oranges on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:22 am.
Reason: clearing to make way for next election
View this post
PostThis topic was deleted from Player's Headmin Election by oranges on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:22 am.
Reason: clearing to make way for next election
View this post
PostThis topic was deleted from Player's Headmin Election by oranges on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:22 am.
Reason: clearing to make way for next election
View this post
PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:58 am.
Reason: people are not interested in your take on responses, clarifications only
View this post
PostThis topic was deleted from Candidate Debates by oranges on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:24 am.
Reason: clearing to make way for next election
View this post
PostThis topic was deleted from Candidate Debates by oranges on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:24 am.
Reason: clearing to make way for next election
View this post

Re: How do you apply for admin? (accidentally applied for CM? WTF? dont even like alien)

Doctor Pork wrote:
Nabski wrote:
lmwevil wrote:
Karp wrote:unironically admin tonto

I mean, I was an admin how badly can this go.
Even 2beard got it for a round.

Shit, even I did it once.
You were a good boy though.
by TehSteveo
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:49 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How do you apply for admin? (accidentally applied for CM? WTF? dont even like alien)
Replies: 42
Views: 1966

Re: How do you apply for admin? (accidentally applied for CM? WTF? dont even like alien)

obscolene wrote:
Gigapuddi420 wrote:might I recommend you change your avatar to something more anime? It will help your case.

You say this ironically, yet, unfortunately, this is the literal fucking state of /tg/.
We have strayed too far from God's light.
by TehSteveo
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:27 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: How do you apply for admin? (accidentally applied for CM? WTF? dont even like alien)
Replies: 42
Views: 1966

Re: Killing people who spawned recently

Context is key when arrivals killings happen. Can't really tell people to leave all arrivals alone considering there's parts of the station there that is useful nearby. If an antagonist is on the run from security or whoever, you happen to arrive, and get killed then it's just poor timing. However i...
by TehSteveo
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:55 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Killing people who spawned recently
Replies: 36
Views: 1912

Re: why is readding Gang so taboo?

Robustin gang just made it more like cult with more stuff added to spawn in, but at it's core it's still a TDM. In all honesty I feel the player mentality is at fault. People rather murderbone than recruit people and anytime they get resistance to recruitment they just kill. Additionally, Gang pre-m...
by TehSteveo
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:57 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: why is readding Gang so taboo?
Replies: 74
Views: 3803

Re: why is readding Gang so taboo?

At one time before the meta developed gang was really fun as usually it was gangs fighting eachother. However, after the meta gang just became one gang dying early, one gang puttering out with maybe three people, and one gang taking off that fought security who would just crackdown as soon as a tag ...
by TehSteveo
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:30 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: why is readding Gang so taboo?
Replies: 74
Views: 3803
PostThis topic was deleted from General Chat by TehSteveo on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:03 pm.
Reason: To the hut
View this post
PostThis topic was deleted from General Chat by TehSteveo on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:03 pm.
Reason: To the hut
View this post

Re: Teleporting Directly onto the AI

Why is this policy discussion? Unless we're suggesting a rule for these antagonist to not teleport onto the AI, then this code feedback or ideas at best.

I'm moving this to coding feedback as everything discussed here is code related and not related to server rules or an editable config.
by TehSteveo
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:58 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Teleporting Directly onto the AI
Replies: 26
Views: 1026

Re: 2020 Time Capsule

whisper niknakflak
by TehSteveo
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:47 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: 2020 Time Capsule
Replies: 57
Views: 1864

Re: remove golems (not literally remove i just wanted an eye catchy subject)

Why not just ban FreeGolems who abuse the role that isn't meant to be openely antagonistic? Same for golems going against the directives of the scienctist who created them. Obviously if the scientist is antagonist, well then we can see removing them if it becomes something where every round is impac...
by TehSteveo
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:17 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: remove golems (not literally remove i just wanted an eye catchy subject)
Replies: 61
Views: 2207

Re: Heroes of Space Station Thirteen

Stop Fahi
by TehSteveo
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:47 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Heroes of Space Station Thirteen
Replies: 60
Views: 3486

Re: Fallout 76

Well then... Diablo is burning... Fallout is burning... .... The question is: Who is next? New battlefield game bombed hard as fuck /quote]The new Battlefield doesn't play bad, but it still doesn't feel as great as other titles. It is just boring in terms of innovation from others though as it's pr...
by TehSteveo
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:07 am
 
Forum: Video Games
Topic: Fallout 76
Replies: 61
Views: 1966

Re: silicon policy is too fucking long again

Ok let's just remove the policy and ban players who play badly under rule 1. Admins are assblasted faggots about silicon behavior but silicon policy is shit Hmmmm... some admins, on the other hand, are silicon mains #notalladmins I heard guys with robot avatars are silicon mains... you heard wrong ...
by TehSteveo
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:12 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: silicon policy is too fucking long again
Replies: 104
Views: 3082

Re: silicon policy is too fucking long again

PKPenguin321 wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:Ok let's just remove the policy and ban players who play badly under rule 1.


Admins are assblasted faggots about silicon behavior but silicon policy is shit

Hmmmm...

some admins, on the other hand, are silicon mains
#notalladmins
I heard guys with robot avatars are silicon mains...
by TehSteveo
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:06 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: silicon policy is too fucking long again
Replies: 104
Views: 3082

Re: Silicon Protections 2.1.6.5 - interpretation and concerns

corporate really sucks though, for numerous reasons besides powergame look, asimov is the default because 1. the fluff is cool 2. it makes the AI a (relatively) neutral arbiter, that does not have an unreasonable hateboner for either the crew or the antagoniste(s) so that the AI does not use it's (...
by TehSteveo
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:17 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Silicon Protections 2.1.6.5 - interpretation and concerns
Replies: 66
Views: 1696

Re: Silicon Protections 2.1.6.5 - interpretation and concerns

Silicon policy is something nobody wants to touch as it's a major headache. It really does boil down to Asimov being the lawset as Asimov's three laws are ambiguous to begin with coupled with the fact it's a human roleplaying behind that silicon. We would probably be better changing the default law...
by TehSteveo
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:12 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Silicon Protections 2.1.6.5 - interpretation and concerns
Replies: 66
Views: 1696

Re: Silicon Protections 2.1.6.5 - interpretation and concerns

Silicon policy is something nobody wants to touch as it's a major headache. It really does boil down to Asimov being the lawset as Asimov's three laws are ambiguous to begin with coupled with the fact it's a human roleplaying behind that silicon. We would probably be better changing the default laws...
by TehSteveo
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:50 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Silicon Protections 2.1.6.5 - interpretation and concerns
Replies: 66
Views: 1696

Re: Fallout 76

Kind of expected. Considering Bethseda's track record for their games at launch is generally a very buggy vanilla experience. When you have modders making unofficial patches such as this. It becomes apparent that Bethseda's greatest strength is also a weakness, which is the mod ability of their game...
by TehSteveo
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:17 pm
 
Forum: Video Games
Topic: Fallout 76
Replies: 61
Views: 1966

Re: bottle of blood and blood contract as a non antag

I personally found both items fine. The original ruling for the bottle of blood being used as a non-antag was in place early on when it seemed like every round turned into a slaughter demon rampaging. I recall arguing that banning people for loot was dumb, but back then when the loot table was not a...
by TehSteveo
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:23 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: bottle of blood and blood contract as a non antag
Replies: 59
Views: 1922
Next

Return to advanced search