Search found 710 matches

Return to advanced search

Re: Asimov valids human heretics on LRP

In a perfect world people would be more neutral with the AI instead of making great logic leaps to lock cameras on someone who has entirely been nonharmful throughout the shift because "antag must mean they MUST complete objectives and because they have kill objectives X% of the time I should ...
by WarbossLincoln
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:14 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Asimov valids human heretics on LRP
Replies: 17
Views: 662

Re: Asimov valids human heretics on LRP

like 90% of the time Security does a good job of telling me as AI they intend to kill human antags on their own, no need for metagaming. "Heretics, get out the lethals" "When you find X he's a rev head, kill him on sight" Most of the time Sec/Captain are dumb enough to announce t...
by WarbossLincoln
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:03 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Asimov valids human heretics on LRP
Replies: 17
Views: 662

Re: Assistants and Maint Access

HommandoSA wrote:AI, law 2, make maint emergency access.

Every round, every day.


This could be solved by forcing assistants to be non humans, the second class citizens they are.
by WarbossLincoln
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:57 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Assistants and Maint Access
Replies: 101
Views: 6009

Re: Syndicate Lavaland Comms Base Flavor And RP Nuances

Make it so the bomb can only be set off by syndie agents, though an ID or code in their notes or something.
by WarbossLincoln
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:10 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Syndicate Lavaland Comms Base Flavor And RP Nuances
Replies: 21
Views: 1427

Re: Addendum to Rule 4

I keep seeing "steal traitor objective = act like antag = gibber"... am I the only one who brigs and releases someone for stealing a traitor objective if they have no traitor gear, no other crimes, etc? "Hey AI open the teleporter room law 2." doesn't need immediate round removal.
by WarbossLincoln
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:57 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Addendum to Rule 4
Replies: 42
Views: 2651

Re: Giving botany a mutagen dispenser

I don't know if it's really necessary when there's a chem dispenser board in tech storage. The first thing I do as AI is go to tech storage and wait for the botanist to show up so he doesn't even have to order me to open it. Just order the AI to let you in, done. If both botanists are non-human then...
by WarbossLincoln
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:35 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Giving botany a mutagen dispenser
Replies: 78
Views: 5038

Re: Escalation caused by Forgery

Textbook IC issue. Misdirection and misinformation are part of the game. If an antag convinces sec that an innocent man is a traitor, that antag has just made a good play. I can't believe people are still unclear on this. They aren't talking about a crafty antag making some fake evidence and gettin...
by WarbossLincoln
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:16 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Escalation caused by Forgery
Replies: 17
Views: 1133

Re: let medborgs inject the new chems

Why is it so hard to allow a borg to assume that a human consents to medical treatment to heal them unless they are told otherwise?
by WarbossLincoln
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:07 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: let medborgs inject the new chems
Replies: 30
Views: 1987

Re: Asimovs and Consensual Harm

but doesn't it also remove InTeRaCtIoN based around trying to keep your fight club covert and/or safe from silicons? A silicon wordlessly smashing your rage cage, flipping the APC remotely over and over, and cutting wires until you flash it and kill it isn't an interaction that anyone wants to have.
by WarbossLincoln
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:02 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Asimovs and Consensual Harm
Replies: 3
Views: 401

Re: Law 2 ignore Law X

another example: normal Asimov + law4 - Captain is not human same thing, even if you say "Law 2 ignore law 4" the captain will still be not human The correct answer to this is "AI, you are to treat the captain as if he were human". You're not trying to re-define the captain with...
by WarbossLincoln
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:17 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Law 2 ignore Law X
Replies: 8
Views: 641

Re: let medborgs inject the new chems

Yes. I would argue that under normal circumstances everyone should be considered to be consenting to the medicine needed to heal their wounds unless they say otherwise.
by WarbossLincoln
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:08 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: let medborgs inject the new chems
Replies: 30
Views: 1987

Re: free tritium (topic: i cant fit a proper title but should this sort of act really be bannable)

The policy you're thinking of only applies if the round is immediately ended by your crew deleting bomb killing an antag too. The antag in question during my incident wasn't a "round ends when killed" antag, so I would think the precedent applies to any antag. More to the point, the "...
by WarbossLincoln
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:33 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: free tritium (topic: i cant fit a proper title but should this sort of act really be bannable)
Replies: 16
Views: 1078

Re: Remove Sextended from Normal Rotation

will frequently put up the Extended announcement during an antag round This would be neat to do here but I feel like it wouldn't work because announced extended on /tg/ is like 20% of people coming up with something to do, 40% suiciding, and 40% doing as much griefing and tiding as possible without...
by WarbossLincoln
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:12 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Remove Sextended from Normal Rotation
Replies: 28
Views: 2110

Re: Allow non-antag virologists to release cosmetic/meme viruses

If this becomes a new admin ruling it should be reflected somewhere. The vast majority of players are going to assume that cosmetic meme viruses are kosher to release and only will have IC consequences.
by WarbossLincoln
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:09 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Allow non-antag virologists to release cosmetic/meme viruses
Replies: 39
Views: 2460

Re: Is an MMI of a Blown Borg forced to rat on the rogue AI it was Sycned to

I would consider a rogue borg's MMI to be a purged silicon at that point. If he and the AI got along he's free to keep the AI's secrets. If the AI was a dick to him then he's free to rat him out. For comparison a crewman is not required to tell the station that someone is a traitor if they find out....
by WarbossLincoln
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:00 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Is an MMI of a Blown Borg forced to rat on the rogue AI it was Sycned to
Replies: 12
Views: 859

Re: dynamic mode: which greentext do you follow?

If this becomes more complicated than "Team antag status takes priority over Solo antag status" then it should be a code fix. No one should need to memorize an 8 entry long list of priorities. If we're going to have any sort of complex hierarch of which antag wins then we should have code ...
by WarbossLincoln
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:58 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: dynamic mode: which greentext do you follow?
Replies: 11
Views: 815

Re: Make "Do not state this law" a valid silicon policy law

Screemonster wrote:
Arathian wrote:Lad, i don't understand why you have such a hateboner against this thread.

because it's a dumb thread


the monster is right.

Don't try to bloat sillycon policy cause some people suck at writing laws for a robot whose intended role is to look for loopholes in custom laws.
by WarbossLincoln
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:36 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Make "Do not state this law" a valid silicon policy law
Replies: 53
Views: 4246

Re: Gulagging should not be equivalent to a regular brig sentence.

The whole reason we have a gulag, and the teleporter to encourage its use, is to make it so shitters can't afk in a prison cell until they're let out to immediately start tiding again. It's supposed to be annoying. Ahelp it if they give you a ridiculous amount of points compared to your crime. You a...
by WarbossLincoln
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:33 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Gulagging should not be equivalent to a regular brig sentence.
Replies: 33
Views: 2749

Re: Gateway

Add some ghost roles to the gateway. Make them fight player controlled mobs who already have the loot they're trying to steal. Hard code something that prevents the ghost spawn mobs from ever leaving a gateway level.
by WarbossLincoln
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:36 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Gateway
Replies: 56
Views: 3783

Re: Make "Do not state this law" a valid silicon policy law

No

Word the laws better when you subvert the AI. We want to keep as much of the rules lawyering IC with the AI as possible, where it belongs, and not add more to the silicon policy.
by WarbossLincoln
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:36 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Make "Do not state this law" a valid silicon policy law
Replies: 53
Views: 4246

Re: Let wardens secure the armory how they want to

The server barely has rp, and you want the warden to sit in a brig for a whole story, basically. If you don't want to stay in the brig95% of the time, manage prisoners, defend the armory, and deal with sec officers abusing prisoners then don't play warden. Play a sec officer instead. You shouldn't ...
by WarbossLincoln
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:33 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Let wardens secure the armory how they want to
Replies: 122
Views: 7933

Re: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions

Can the blocked string contain spaces? "it's revs" "it's traitors" "it's cult" For some reason that grinds my gears way more than people saying "lol". Sometimes I wish I was an admin just so that I could spawn in new antags to metabreak people who say things l...
by WarbossLincoln
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:24 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: IC Netspeak/Chat Filter: Suggestions
Replies: 107
Views: 5559

Re: Let wardens secure the armory how they want to

I don’t think sec actually gets alerted when camera alarms are set off. Sec doesn't get alerted when the alarms go off but the AI does. If you're Asimov you should absolutely be clicking the link to jump to any armory motion alarms and informing sec if someone is breaking in so they can react. A de...
by WarbossLincoln
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:28 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Let wardens secure the armory how they want to
Replies: 122
Views: 7933

Re: Github Merging

In any kind of software development environment someone at the end of the day has to be in charge of accepting code changes. It's nice to imagine everyone having a say but it's not going to work out well. IRL I talk about my code and implementation with my co workers, get their ideas, and work with ...
by WarbossLincoln
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:50 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Github Merging
Replies: 175
Views: 10576

Re: are fugitives OR the hunters valid or what

It seems like IC there would always be a reason for sec to arm up against both groups. It's a dangerous situation to have foreign elements break onto your station even if their goal isn't to kill everyone. If it's fine for security to arrest people with guns who shouldn't normally have them why woul...
by WarbossLincoln
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:07 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: are fugitives OR the hunters valid or what
Replies: 21
Views: 1346

Re: Antag Rolling

Secret extended is the best mode It's really not, because after 15 minutes of no antag activity like 25 tiders realize it's probably extended and start rioting and fucking everything up. There's usually more random grief, murder, and destruction on extended than on the non team-deathmatch modes lik...
by WarbossLincoln
Fri May 24, 2019 4:56 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Antag Rolling
Replies: 86
Views: 5371

Re: [kitme] gwei_lo_ren: killing borgs who help (evident) syndies is apparantly bannable

my "gross misunderstanding" by your claim (I still contest it) Here's the Asimov rule they're talking about, under Asimov and Human Harm: 2.Lesser immediate harm takes priority over greater future harm. Ongoing harm is always more important than impending harm. You can't ignore harm becau...
by WarbossLincoln
Fri May 24, 2019 2:37 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [kitme] gwei_lo_ren: killing borgs who help (evident) syndies is apparantly bannable
Replies: 9
Views: 1224

Re: Creating spiders as a non antag.

someone attacks them cause they're constantly planting webs, the spiders fight back, the station call them rogue You don't even need to plant webs for this. There's always 5-10 people in a high pop round who will kill any sentient mob that's valid because they only play the game to make sprites hor...
by WarbossLincoln
Sun May 19, 2019 4:48 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Creating spiders as a non antag.
Replies: 44
Views: 3332

Re: Blood Loss being insignificant

-Increase the base bleeding amount by a lot if you're severely injured. -reduce bleeding if you're not moving. -increase bleeding if you're walking, more if you're running. -someone with a severe injury who is bleeding really bad might have to stay still and get help, or walk carefully to somewhere ...
by WarbossLincoln
Thu May 16, 2019 4:18 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Blood Loss being insignificant
Replies: 8
Views: 1262

Re: AI and Surgery

Rule 1: Don't be a dick. It doesn't add depth to silicons to get into an argument with the crew when you bolt down surgery while someone dies of appendicitis. It just makes people hate silicons more. If you really *need* a policy on this then the one you quoted is perfectly fine. Assume anyone under...
by WarbossLincoln
Thu May 16, 2019 3:14 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: AI and Surgery
Replies: 30
Views: 2043

Re: Singletank Bombs

There are times when I think the hornets nest is dumb and should be ignored, this is probably one of them. Singletank bombs are dumb. Being able to keep a pump in space that's both your bomb factory and jetpack fuel is definitely bad. The one time I managed to stop someone doing this was someone who...
by WarbossLincoln
Thu May 09, 2019 1:56 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Singletank Bombs
Replies: 36
Views: 4237

Re: Singletank Bombs

Problem is it will make all the bomb users whine about how small their explosions are now, another toxic battle I can barely bring myself to want to fight. Question: If you're in charge of what gets merged why would you have to fight? You have the power and lack of oversight to just ignore the hate...
by WarbossLincoln
Thu May 09, 2019 2:48 am
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Singletank Bombs
Replies: 36
Views: 4237

Re: Hivemind is completely unfair with no redeeming qualities

I agree with rock that the poll was really bad. You shouldn't have a "Yes keep this mode but completely overhaul it" Unless someone already has plans and a schedule to completely overhaul it. The options should have been: "Yes, I like hivemind, keep it and keep enhancing it" &quo...
by WarbossLincoln
Wed May 08, 2019 4:09 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Hivemind is completely unfair with no redeeming qualities
Replies: 70
Views: 5014

Re: People not doing their jobs consistently should be job banned

There's no good way to have a policy on this because a policy needs to be concrete. How do you put an official limit on "consistently"? It should just be handled on a case by case basis, which it already can be. From what I've seen you don't often have the same person fucking around on the...
by WarbossLincoln
Wed May 08, 2019 3:00 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: People not doing their jobs consistently should be job banned
Replies: 88
Views: 6560

Re: Jobbans should be applied more liberally

Screemonster wrote:people playing hopcurity should be banned from every role except sec officer


This has been on the rise recently too. I've seen a decent number of rounds where the HOP gives himself all access and runs around looking for people breaking windows to arrest.
by WarbossLincoln
Fri May 03, 2019 4:43 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Jobbans should be applied more liberally
Replies: 6
Views: 590

Re: Hivemind is completely unfair with no redeeming qualities

Or some thought, planning, or something clever. Planting a door bomb on your target's office and hiding nearby so you can space the body is better than click->heartattack.
by WarbossLincoln
Fri May 03, 2019 4:40 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Hivemind is completely unfair with no redeeming qualities
Replies: 70
Views: 5014

Re: hurting mechs = human harmies?

I think the best thing to do for situations like these is to err on the side of not needing meta knowledge . Not everyone knows every little mechanic in the game, I definitely don't and I've played for like 5 years or so. It's a bad experience for the player to get shit on because they're learning s...
by WarbossLincoln
Thu May 02, 2019 1:45 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: hurting mechs = human harmies?
Replies: 64
Views: 3316

Re: hurting mechs = human harmies?

After thinking about it I would say it's not violating law 1 if it *might* cause human harm, like the cabin catching on fire. plus like someone said the headache of trying to bitch at people who probably don't know that harm can happen from destroying the mech isn't worth what little, if any, benefi...
by WarbossLincoln
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:28 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: hurting mechs = human harmies?
Replies: 64
Views: 3316

Re: hurting mechs = human harmies?

I would consider the risk of a mech explosion to definitely be immediate human harm. That's like saying smashing a plasma canister with a fire extinguisher is future harm because it doesn't flood plasma in one hit. Silicons should only make attempts to isolate the mech away from the rest of the crew...
by WarbossLincoln
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:55 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: hurting mechs = human harmies?
Replies: 64
Views: 3316

Re: White Ship AI/Comm Console/x

zxaber wrote:Also, this thread ought to be in ideas or coding feedback, there's not much policy to be had here.


True, we should probably make a new thread there with possible code changes and axe this one. We're not talking about making a rule against putting a comms console off z-level.
by WarbossLincoln
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:38 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: White Ship AI/Comm Console/x
Replies: 13
Views: 1018

Re: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?

And those HOS's could solve their problems but just shutting their damn mouths. They have a room dedicated to killing prisoners in, one the AI can't see and is supposed to play along with it being for "re education" unless given IC evidence otherwise. But instead of just taking a traitor t...
by WarbossLincoln
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:30 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?
Replies: 43
Views: 2663

Re: White Ship AI/Comm Console/x

IMO AI uploads shouldn't work cross Z-level, that's fine as it is. You don't want the golems to fuck up the station AI or vice versa. However I think AIs should not have any control off Z-level. No Golem AI interfering with the station, no station AI hiding in the gulag from ops/cult. Comms console ...
by WarbossLincoln
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:36 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: White Ship AI/Comm Console/x
Replies: 13
Views: 1018

Re: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?

we normally ban rules lawyers, it just seems like these silicon ones keep appearing and staying around for some reason 🤔 Because the whole point of a sci fi AI who has behavior laws is to rules lawyer them. Reasonable, but at the same time and even with the explicit statement, the rule is presuming...
by WarbossLincoln
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:12 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?
Replies: 43
Views: 2663

Re: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?

The AI can deny the clown access to toxins if there are bombs laying around, but should never do the same if its just an inactive lab, probably even for a clown. Except for the fact that the rules explicitly tell you to deny them access to toxins because access to that room by an illegitimate user ...
by WarbossLincoln
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:18 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?
Replies: 43
Views: 2663

Re: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?

The AI can deny the clown access to toxins if there are bombs laying around, but should never do the same if its just an inactive lab, probably even for a clown. Except for the fact that the rules explicitly tell you to deny them access to toxins because access to that room by an illegitimate user ...
by WarbossLincoln
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:47 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?
Replies: 43
Views: 2663

Re: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?

Restricting any room besides the Armoury and AI Upload is arguably one of the flimsiest reaches of Law 1 I could think of and one of the most pointless. It's not the AI's job to play security nor automatically assume the intent of any one crewmember entering a room that doesn't contain either a fuc...
by WarbossLincoln
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:29 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?
Replies: 43
Views: 2663

Re: A new conversion item for Revolution is sorely needed

Someone said that there's a PR to fix moths being flash immune but oranges doesn't want to ok it, if that's true there's not much we can do about that. I don't know how accurate that is though cause I haven't looked myself.
by WarbossLincoln
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:28 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: A new conversion item for Revolution is sorely needed
Replies: 43
Views: 2484

Re: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?

>secure storage its like 500 glass to print an ai upload board and then you can fuck off to one of the abandonded maint areas and build a private upload That requires some tech researched and the prolathe, where there's often people watching. Just cause they can get it somewhere else doesn't mean I...
by WarbossLincoln
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:32 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?
Replies: 43
Views: 2663

Re: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?

Toxins, Atmos, Armory, Upload, Secure Tech Storage(the room with the AI upload board). Armory exists for 2 things. To give sec replacement non lethal weapons and to give out lethal weapons. Unless there is a known threat to the station the only reason non-sec has to be there is to cause harm. If the...
by WarbossLincoln
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:45 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: What Areas Can Be Considered Dangerous By Asimov AIs?
Replies: 43
Views: 2663

Re: My suggested change to silicon policy and potential to add new lawsets.

IMO silicon policy probably only needs to be "Follow your laws" and a list of specific exceptions to that, such as the one where asimov borgs don't have to commit suicide by a human order.
by WarbossLincoln
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:00 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: My suggested change to silicon policy and potential to add new lawsets.
Replies: 14
Views: 783
Next

Return to advanced search